namaskar,

can you tell me more about the Vedanta, because I want to study it deeper. I

know it a little. I need this knowledge for my novels about hindu science

fiction. Please help me with it.

dewanand

hindu writer, the Netherlands

------------------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Sadhaks kindly BE BRIEF, as this TOPIC is SO VAST.

Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram

----------

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -

1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.

2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..

3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the

extent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas

4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.

5. Focus on subject at hand only.

6. Do not include links to the other sites.

7. Do not include your personal information (Ph #, address etc).

8. Do not personalize message

9. All responses may not be posted.

10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting.

11. Take into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-

sectarian audience. i.e. limit the use to Sanskrit words only.

Provide English word bracketed.

Ram Ram

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Post message:

Subscribe: -

Un: -

Guest guest

namaskar,

can you tell me more about the Vedanta, because I want to study it deeper. Iknow it a little. I need this knowledge for my novels about hindu sciencefiction. Please help me with it.

dewanandhindu writer, the Netherlands------------------

Shree Hari Ram RamSadhaks kindly BE BRIEF, as this TOPIC is SO VAST.Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram

----------

NEW POSTING

Ram Ram,

To simplify the whole thing, we can take this whole universe as a big stage where every one has a role to play. Every new birth has a new role. We have to play our role in the best possible way, without interfering in others roles. Problem arises when we try to modify/interfere in our/others role, which is the business of the Director (God). We all are like actors, at the end of a role (death) we get a new role according our performance in the previous role. We all are one and same, we all are parts of God. This is the base of the Vedanta theory. One who accepts this can go further and read more.

Ashok Goenka

---------------

Namaste

The theory of Vedanta repeats that reduction of the Vasanas is the means of volatising the mind. Man is not aware of his divine spiritual nature because the 'subjective-mind' reflecting it is thickly coated with dull Vasanas gathered by it during its ego-centric, passionate existence in the world.

The purpose of sacrifice, austerity, and charity is to bring us to that Spiritual Climax when the merging of the Individual Will with the Cosmic Will takes place - where the dew drop merges into the sea - and in thus losing itself, it discovers Itself. It is the discovery of the Brahman in the very heart of the Atman.

Perhaps nowhere has philosophy reached such stupendous heights as it has done in Hindu Vedanta. There is no doubt that Vedanta has been the most courageous plunges into the Great Unknown of Life from where it has brought the most revolutionary of spiritual truths, namely, the identity of the Atman and the Brahman.

In man resides the nature of God - that indeed is the cardinal doctrine. If God resides in man then it is in the heart of man that He can be found. Along with the Upanishads and the Brahma Sutras, the Bhagavad GEETA is a book of Vedanta.

But its approach to the vast and fascinating subject of Brahman and Atman is very simple. This is probably the reason why GEETA has been, throughout the ages, the most popular book on Vedanta. GEETA has brought inspiration and illumination to people all over the world by its simple and direct message of spiritual life. It has not asked the spiritual aspirant to renounce the world; on the contrary, it has emphasized the fact of man coming to spiritual realization in the midst of a work-a-day world.

To know more about Vedanta, start by reading and studying GEETA.

Ram Ram ,

Deosaran Bisnath

---------------------

Seeking Vedanta to create fiction ...Hmmmm ... I thought we have built enought fiction around ... so much that wecannot see anything but that ... I thought, as an effort to disolve the opaqueclouds of these ignorant fictions around, to see things in better clarity, weare pursuing the Vedanta ... I thought so ... but, you are telling you need thisto create more clouds around ... fictions ... Maya ... not feeling that there isenough of it already all around ... Wov! Interesting!! Good Luck!!!I wish you know better than what I might be foolishly thinking ... truely I wishso ... GOOD LUCK AGAIN.Respects.Naga Narayana.

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites.7. Do not include your personal information (Ph #, address etc).8. Do not personalize message9. All responses may not be posted.10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting.11. Take into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. i.e. limit the use to Sanskrit words only.Provide English word bracketed.

MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -