IndiaDivine.org

What is Maya? Where referred in Gita/Scriptures?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Friends

What is Maya? How does it function? Where it has been referred in Holy Gita/

Scriptures?

Thakurlingam

---------------

--------------------------

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -

1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.

2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..

3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the

extent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas

4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.

5. Focus on subject at hand only.

6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, address

etc) or personalize message to particular person

7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modify

the posting.

8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-

sectarian audience. Limit the use to Sanskrit words and provide English word

bracketed.

Ram Ram

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Post message:

Subscribe: -

Un: -

---------------

Guest guest

Dear Friends

What is Maya? How does it function? Where it has been referred in Holy Gita/Scriptures?

Thakurlingam---------------

NEW POSTING

Dear Sadaks,

In Upanashids Maya said to exist from time immemorial. It has it's effect on anyone on earth. Example: Even on Naradaji when he came here. It`s function to tell in simple way: It makes the mind to get attached to dear and near, on objects, specially on money. We see in paper or news in TV at station, people just got killed by train accident as we board the train. We think nothing will happen to us. Maya helps people to be on move and perform Karmas, same time misleads people towards not going on right path. Because of Maya things are seen in dual form. Ex: Body and soul, where Body is not you, but you feel body is you. Again Maya divides my leg, my hand etc from body and does not illumine soul to the mind. Mind knows TV serial is fiction but you enjoy due to Maya. One cannot remove maya from earth but can stay away from it. Over grandfather death, his kit and kin fight over property share. They know certainly that they also are going to die. But for survival with pleasure and comforts.

Sant Tukaram said in his Abang: If one can get over Kaachanam (Money) and Kaamini (Woman) he has crossed almost away from Maya.

Sri Visnu calls Yoga Maya just before coming on this earth to perform illusions. Devaki and Vasudev hears and sees Bhagavan Vishnu with four arms saying to take HIM and leave HIM in Vrindhavan. Steel chains knotted removes automatically, doors open like auto doors in air port Etc. But Devaki Vasudev till the end never realised it was Bhagavan. At last days of Vasudev a mountain snake held his feet to swallow him, it was Sri Krishna that kicked it and the snake called Vidyadharan Rakshas dies. Vasudev never realizes Sri Krishna was Bhagavan. That is Maya, referred in Srimath Bagavath, Naradha Bakthi Sustra, Paadma Puran and very clearly in Vivekachudamani of Sri Adi Sankar. How to get out of it is not asked, so I remain.

Jai Sri Krishna

B.Sathyanarayan

-----------------------

Everything we see in this world is Maya or illusion. It causes us to be entangled with this world and makes us forget the aim and purpose of our existence, which is to merge our Soul or Self with the Parmatma, or the bigger Atma or God. This is the central message of the Gita also.

Hari Shanker Deo

------

----------------------

Namaste.

A few references to MAYA (used interchangeably with 'Illusion' in GEETA) in the scriptures:

The Lord on account of Maya is perceived as manifold- Brhadaranyaka Upanishad II.v.19

The Lord of Maya projects or creates the Vedas, the sacrifices, the ceremonies, religious observances, what has been, what is to be, all that the Vedas declare and this whole world including ourselves. The other is bound by Maya in this Know that Nature (Prakriti) is Maya, and that the great God is the Lord of Maya. The whole world is filled with beings who form His parts.

Svetasvatara Upanishad Chapter 4:9,10

Isa, The Lord, creates everything through Maya or Devatma-sakti. The Isvara, the Lord of Maya, is not affected by the Maya, whereas the individual soul is bound or fettered by Maya.

(Sivananda's Commentary)

The Lord, O Arjuna, dwells in the hearts of all beings, causing all beings, by His Mâyâ, to revolve, (as if) mounted on a machine. GEETA 18:61

I am never manifest to the foolish and unintelligent. For them I am covered by My eternal creative potency [yoga-maya]; and so the deluded world knows Me not, who am unborn and infallible. GEETA 7:25

In the prayers of Kunti in the Srimad-Bhagavatam (1.8.18) it is said that the Lord is covered by the curtain of yoga-maya and thus ordinary people cannot understand Him. Kunti prays: "O my Lord, You are the maintainer of the entire universe, and devotional service to You is the highest religious principle. Therefore, I pray that You will also maintain me. Your transcendental form is covered by the yoga-maya. The brahmajyoti is the covering of the internal potency. May You kindly remove this glowing effulgence that impedes my seeing Your sac-cid-ananda-vigraha, Your eternal form of bliss and knowledge."

-------------

Establishing the existence of MayaBy Sri Shankaracharya

From the experience of bliss for a long time, there arose in the Supreme Self a certain state like deep sleep. From that (state) Maya (or the illusive power of the Supreme Self) was born just as a dream arises in sleep.

Note: The non-dual Supreme Self is of the nature of Pure Existence-Consciousness-Bliss. Just as a dream arises in sleep and produces various objects, an inscrutable power called MAYA manifests in the quiescent, blissful state of the Supreme Self and this produces the bewildering variety of objects and phenomena constituting the universe.

The concept of Maya is central to Advaita Vedanta (or non-dual conception of the Ultimate Reality as propounded in Vedic literature).

This Maya is without the characteristics of (or different from) Reality or unreality, without beginning and dependent on the Reality that is the Supreme Self. She, who is of the form of the THREE GUNAS (qualities or energies of Nature) brings forth the Universe with movable and immovable (objects).

Note: Maya is not real, since it disappears on the dawn of knowledge of the Supreme Self. Maya is not unreal, since such a thing would never appear at any time. Maya is equated with Nature or the visible universe consisting of the three modes of energy- Sattwa or harmony, Rajas or activity and Tamas or inertia. Maya is the inscrutable cause which depends on the Supreme Self which is the Ultimate Reality. Nature is its apparent effect.

As for Maya, it is invisible (or not experienced by the senses). How can it produce a thing that is visible (or experienced by the senses)? How is a visible piece of cloth produced here by threads of invisible nature?

Note: The purport is that it is as impossible for the visible universe to be produced from invisible Maya as it is for a visible piece of cloth to be produced from invisible threads.

Maya is invisible (or beyond sense-perception). (But) this universe which is its effect, is visible (or perceived by the senses). This would be Maya which, on its part, becomes the producer of joy by its own destruction.

Note: When the illusive power, Maya, disappears, what remains is Pure Existence-Consciousness-Bliss.

Like night (or darkness) Maya is extremely insurmountable (or extremely difficult to be understood). Its nature is not perceived here. Even as it is being observed carefully (or being investigated) by sages, it vanishes like lightning.

Note: By enquiry into and contemplation on the nature of the Ultimate Reality, Maya and its effects vanish and there is the spontaneous absorption of the mind in undifferentiated Being- Consciousness. There is no entity (called Maya or by any other appellation) other than the Supreme Self.

Maya (the illusive power) is what is obtained in Brahman (or the Ultimate Reality). Avidya (or nescience or spiritual ignorance) is said to be dependent on Jiva (the individual soul or individualised consciousness). Mind is the knot which joins Consciousness and matter. That mind is to be as imperishable until liberation.

Note: Avidya is nescience or spiritual ignorance which makes the soul forget its real nature which is Eternal, Pure Being-Consciousness- Bliss, identical with the Ultimate Reality and impose upon itself separateness, embodiment and the state of a doer or enjoyer. Mind is the entity which is the link between matter and Consciousness and is the field of operation of Avidya. It is synonymous with worldly existence and it disappears on the dawn of liberation or intuitive perception of Reality. Just as Maya, the inscrutable illusive power of the Ultimate Reality, gives rise to the universe of multiplicity, Avidya is the cause of the world perceived by the individual soul.

------------

From Swami Vivekananda:

Almost all of you have heard of the Maya. Generally it is used, though incorrectly, to denote illusion, or delusion, or some such thing. But the theory of Maya forms one of the pillars upon which the Vedanta rests; it is therefore, necessary that it should be properly understood.

We read in the Svetasvatara Upanisad"Know nature to be Maya and the Rulerof this Maya is the Lord Himself."

When the Hindu says the world is Maya, at once people get the idea that the world is an illusion. This interpretation has some basis, as coming through the Buddhistic philosophers, because there was one section of philosophers who did not believe in the external world at all. But the Maya of the Vedanta, in its last developed form, is neither idealism nor Realism, nor is it a theory. It is a simple statement of facts- what we are and what we see around us.

The minds of the people from whom the Vedas came were intent upon following principles. They had no time to work upon details or to wait for them; they wanted to go deep into the heart of things. Something beyond was calling them, as it were, and they could not wait.

The Vedantist has proved beyond all doubt that the mind is limited, that it cannot go beyond certain limits- beyond time, space and causation. As no man can jump out of his own self, so no man can go beyond the limits that have been put upon him by the laws of time and space. Every attempt to solve the laws of causation, time and space would be futile, because the very attempt would have to be made by taking for granted the existence of these three.

We find that Maya is not a theory for the explanation of the world; it is simply a statement of facts as they exist, that the very basis of of our being is contradiction, that everywhere we have to move through this tremendous contradiction, that wherever there is good, there must also be evil, and wherever there is evil, there must be some good, wherever there is life, death must follow as its shadow, and everyone who smiles will have to weep, and vice versa.

Now can this state of things be remedied. We may verily imagine that there will be a place where there will be only good and no evil, where we shall only smile and never weep. This is impossible in the very nature of things; for the conditions will remain the same. Wherever there is the power of producing a smile in us, there lurks the power of producing tears. Wherever there is the power of producing happpiness, there lurks somewhere the power of making us miserable.

----

This is from the Himalayan Academy.

Maya: maya: (Sanskrit) "Consisting of; made of," as in manomaya, "made of mind."

From the verb root ma, "to measure, to limit, give form." The principle of appearance or manifestation of God's power or "mirific energy,that which measures." The substance emanated from Siva through which the world of form is manifested. Hence all creation is also termed maya. It is the cosmic creative force, the principle of manifestation, ever in the process of creation, preservation and dissolution.

The Upanishads underscore maya's captivating nature, which blinds souls to the transcendent Truth. In Shankara's Vedantic interpretation, maya is taken as pure illusion or unreality. In Saivism it is one of the three bonds (pasha) that limit the soul and thereby facilitate its evolution. For Saivites and most other nondualists, it is understood not as illusion but as relative reality, in contrast to the unchanging Absolute Reality.

In the Saiva Siddhanta system, there are three main divisions of maya, the pure, the pure-impure and the impure realms. Pure or shuddha maya consists of the first five tattvas - Siva tattva, Shakti tattva, Sadasiva tattva, Ishvara tattva and Shuddhavidya tattva. The pure-impure realm consists of the next seven tattvas. The impure realm consists of the maya tattva and all of its evolutes - from the kala tattva to prithivi, the element earth. Thus, in relation to the physical universe, maya is the principle of ever-changing matter. In Vaishnavism, maya is one of the nine Shaktis of Vishnu.

Ram Ram,

Deosaran Bisnath

--------------------------GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limit the use to Sanskrit words and provide English wordbracketed.

MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

---------------

Guest guest

Dear Friends

What is Maya? How does it function? Where it has been referred in Holy Gita/Scriptures?

Thakurlingam---------------

NEW POSTING

Dear sadhakas, hare krishna.

7 th chapter in bhagavadgita does deal with the concept of maya. Lord krishna says ( 7,12) that all states of being , be they of goodness (sattvika) rajasika (passion) or tamasika(ignorance) are manifested by his energy but he is independent. He is not under the modes of material nature. On the other hand they are within him.

Being under the influence of maya deluded by the above three modes (goodness, passion and ignorance) the world does not know the Lord who is above the modes (gita 7,13).

" Daivi hyesa guna mayi mama maya duratyayaMam eva ye prapadyante, mayam etam tarantite" (gita 7,14) which means the

" divine energy of mine consisting of the three modes of material nature, is difficult to overcome but those who have surrendered unto me can easily overcome".

A man bound by hands and feet by a rope can not free himself. He needs help from somebody who is not bound, who is free. Devotional service can help us to get out of this bind. Vishnu is the master of maya. He alone can deliver us from the clutches of maya. "Those miscreants who are grossly foolish whose knowledge is stolen by illusion and who exhibit the nature of demons do not surrender unto me" ( gita 7,15).Lord krishna says in (gita 18,66). "Surrender unto me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear"Devotional service is the key. Chant," Hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare

Hare krishna hare krishna Krishna krishna hare hare"from Prasad iragavarapu m.d

----

Hare Krishna Thakurlingam

Go to A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada's Bhagavad-gita Pri 1978 macmillan edition and look at the index at the back of the book on Maya and it will till you everything you need to know about Maya in there.

NaranH

---

Fantastic information about Maya, very useful for my hindu SF novels.

I will store it in my archive. Please tell more. (Gita Talk does not allow links therefore include information in posting)

Is it possible to program a computer to act in Maya? Sounds crazy, but I like it.

The concept of maya from the Adwaita is so timeless. I must know everything about. Tell me where to find information online preferred (please no links per GT Moderators).

I want to know what is written about the Sankhya philosophy in the holy Bhagavad Gita, our eternal mother.

I need high quality information about HInduism. So help me with it. Coming years I will study the Bhagavad Gita, the Vedas, the laws of Manu and many more holy scriptures. But insights from other Hindu thinkers and scholars is always very useful.

Jai Jai Bharat Maata

greetings from Krishnaloka

dewanand

Hindu writer and researcher; the netherlands

---------------------------

GO GOCHAR JAHA LAG MAN JAI, SO SAB MAYA JANEHU BHAI.

THANX

RAJA Gurdasani

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Rajaji, Kindly provide the Hindi translation. Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram

---

---------------

PRIOR POSTING

Dear Sadaks,In Upanashids Maya said to exist from time immemorial. It has it's effect on anyone on earth. Example: Even on Naradaji when he came here. It`s function to tell in simple way: It makes the mind to get attached to dear and near, on objects, specially on money. We see in paper or news in TV at station, people just got killed by train accident as we board the train. We think nothing will happen to us. Maya helps people to be on move and perform Karmas, same time misleads people towards not going on right path. Because of Maya things are seen in dual form. Ex: Body and soul, where Body is not you, but you feel body is you. Again Maya divides my leg, my hand etc from body and does not illumine soul to the mind. Mind knows TV serial is fiction but you enjoy due to Maya. One cannot remove maya from earth but can stay away from it. Over grandfather death, his kit and kin fight over property share. They know certainly that they also are going to die. But for survival with pleasure and comforts.Sant Tukaram said in his Abang: If one can get over Kaachanam (Money) and Kaamini (Woman) he has crossed almost away from Maya. Sri Visnu calls Yoga Maya just before coming on this earth to perform illusions. Devaki and Vasudev hears and sees Bhagavan Vishnu with four arms saying to take HIM and leave HIM in Vrindhavan. Steel chains knotted removes automatically, doors open like auto doors in air port Etc. But Devaki Vasudev till the end never realised it was Bhagavan. At last days of Vasudev a mountain snake held his feet to swallow him, it was Sri Krishna that kicked it and the snake called Vidyadharan Rakshas dies. Vasudev never realizes Sri Krishna was Bhagavan. That is Maya, referred in Srimath Bagavath, Naradha Bakthi Sustra, Paadma Puran and very clearly in Vivekachudamani of Sri Adi Sankar. How to get out of it is not asked, so I remain. Jai Sri KrishnaB.Sathyanarayan-----------------------Everything we see in this world is Maya or illusion. It causes us to be entangled with this world and makes us forget the aim and purpose of our existence, which is to merge our Soul or Self with the Parmatma, or the bigger Atma or God. This is the central message of the Gita also.

Hari Shanker Deo

------

----------------------Namaste. A few references to MAYA (used interchangeably with 'Illusion' in GEETA) in the scriptures: The Lord on account of Maya is perceived as manifold- Brhadaranyaka Upanishad II.v.19 The Lord of Maya projects or creates the Vedas, the sacrifices, the ceremonies, religious observances, what has been, what is to be, all that the Vedas declare and this whole world including ourselves. The other is bound by Maya in this Know that Nature (Prakriti) is Maya, and that the great God is the Lord of Maya. The whole world is filled with beings who form His parts.Svetasvatara Upanishad Chapter 4:9,10 Isa, The Lord, creates everything through Maya or Devatma-sakti. The Isvara, the Lord of Maya, is not affected by the Maya, whereas the individual soul is bound or fettered by Maya.(Sivananda's Commentary) The Lord, O Arjuna, dwells in the hearts of all beings, causing all beings, by His Mâyâ, to revolve, (as if) mounted on a machine. GEETA 18:61 I am never manifest to the foolish and unintelligent. For them I am covered by My eternal creative potency [yoga-maya]; and so the deluded world knows Me not, who am unborn and infallible. GEETA 7:25 In the prayers of Kunti in the Srimad-Bhagavatam (1.8.18) it is said that the Lord is covered by the curtain of yoga-maya and thus ordinary people cannot understand Him. Kunti prays: "O my Lord, You are the maintainer of the entire universe, and devotional service to You is the highest religious principle. Therefore, I pray that You will also maintain me. Your transcendental form is covered by the yoga-maya. The brahmajyoti is the covering of the internal potency. May You kindly remove this glowing effulgence that impedes my seeing Your sac-cid-ananda-vigraha, Your eternal form of bliss and knowledge." ------------- Establishing the existence of MayaBy Sri ShankaracharyaFrom the experience of bliss for a long time, there arose in the Supreme Self a certain state like deep sleep. From that (state) Maya (or the illusive power of the Supreme Self) was born just as a dream arises in sleep.Note: The non-dual Supreme Self is of the nature of Pure Existence-Consciousness-Bliss. Just as a dream arises in sleep and produces various objects, an inscrutable power called MAYA manifests in the quiescent, blissful state of the Supreme Self and this produces the bewildering variety of objects and phenomena constituting the universe.The concept of Maya is central to Advaita Vedanta (or non-dual conception of the Ultimate Reality as propounded in Vedic literature).This Maya is without the characteristics of (or different from) Reality or unreality, without beginning and dependent on the Reality that is the Supreme Self. She, who is of the form of the THREE GUNAS (qualities or energies of Nature) brings forth the Universe with movable and immovable (objects).Note: Maya is not real, since it disappears on the dawn of knowledge of the Supreme Self. Maya is not unreal, since such a thing would never appear at any time. Maya is equated with Nature or the visible universe consisting of the three modes of energy- Sattwa or harmony, Rajas or activity and Tamas or inertia. Maya is the inscrutable cause which depends on the Supreme Self which is the Ultimate Reality. Nature is its apparent effect.As for Maya, it is invisible (or not experienced by the senses). How can it produce a thing that is visible (or experienced by the senses)? How is a visible piece of cloth produced here by threads of invisible nature?Note: The purport is that it is as impossible for the visible universe to be produced from invisible Maya as it is for a visible piece of cloth to be produced from invisible threads. Maya is invisible (or beyond sense-perception). (But) this universe which is its effect, is visible (or perceived by the senses). This would be Maya which, on its part, becomes the producer of joy by its own destruction. Note: When the illusive power, Maya, disappears, what remains is Pure Existence-Consciousness-Bliss.Like night (or darkness) Maya is extremely insurmountable (or extremely difficult to be understood). Its nature is not perceived here. Even as it is being observed carefully (or being investigated) by sages, it vanishes like lightning.Note: By enquiry into and contemplation on the nature of the Ultimate Reality, Maya and its effects vanish and there is the spontaneous absorption of the mind in undifferentiated Being- Consciousness. There is no entity (called Maya or by any other appellation) other than the Supreme Self.Maya (the illusive power) is what is obtained in Brahman (or the Ultimate Reality). Avidya (or nescience or spiritual ignorance) is said to be dependent on Jiva (the individual soul or individualised consciousness). Mind is the knot which joins Consciousness and matter. That mind is to be as imperishable until liberation.Note: Avidya is nescience or spiritual ignorance which makes the soul forget its real nature which is Eternal, Pure Being-Consciousness- Bliss, identical with the Ultimate Reality and impose upon itself separateness, embodiment and the state of a doer or enjoyer. Mind is the entity which is the link between matter and Consciousness and is the field of operation of Avidya. It is synonymous with worldly existence and it disappears on the dawn of liberation or intuitive perception of Reality. Just as Maya, the inscrutable illusive power of the Ultimate Reality, gives rise to the universe of multiplicity, Avidya is the cause of the world perceived by the individual soul.------------From Swami Vivekananda:Almost all of you have heard of the Maya. Generally it is used, though incorrectly, to denote illusion, or delusion, or some such thing. But the theory of Maya forms one of the pillars upon which the Vedanta rests; it is therefore, necessary that it should be properly understood.We read in the Svetasvatara Upanisad"Know nature to be Maya and the Rulerof this Maya is the Lord Himself."When the Hindu says the world is Maya, at once people get the idea that the world is an illusion. This interpretation has some basis, as coming through the Buddhistic philosophers, because there was one section of philosophers who did not believe in the external world at all. But the Maya of the Vedanta, in its last developed form, is neither idealism nor Realism, nor is it a theory. It is a simple statement of facts- what we are and what we see around us.The minds of the people from whom the Vedas came were intent upon following principles. They had no time to work upon details or to wait for them; they wanted to go deep into the heart of things. Something beyond was calling them, as it were, and they could not wait.The Vedantist has proved beyond all doubt that the mind is limited, that it cannot go beyond certain limits- beyond time, space and causation. As no man can jump out of his own self, so no man can go beyond the limits that have been put upon him by the laws of time and space. Every attempt to solve the laws of causation, time and space would be futile, because the very attempt would have to be made by taking for granted the existence of these three.We find that Maya is not a theory for the explanation of the world; it is simply a statement of facts as they exist, that the very basis of of our being is contradiction, that everywhere we have to move through this tremendous contradiction, that wherever there is good, there must also be evil, and wherever there is evil, there must be some good, wherever there is life, death must follow as its shadow, and everyone who smiles will have to weep, and vice versa. Now can this state of things be remedied. We may verily imagine that there will be a place where there will be only good and no evil, where we shall only smile and never weep. This is impossible in the very nature of things; for the conditions will remain the same. Wherever there is the power of producing a smile in us, there lurks the power of producing tears. Wherever there is the power of producing happpiness, there lurks somewhere the power of making us miserable. ----This is from the Himalayan Academy. Maya: maya: (Sanskrit) "Consisting of; made of," as in manomaya, "made of mind."From the verb root ma, "to measure, to limit, give form." The principle of appearance or manifestation of God's power or "mirific energy,that which measures." The substance emanated from Siva through which the world of form is manifested. Hence all creation is also termed maya. It is the cosmic creative force, the principle of manifestation, ever in the process of creation, preservation and dissolution. The Upanishads underscore maya's captivating nature, which blinds souls to the transcendent Truth. In Shankara's Vedantic interpretation, maya is taken as pure illusion or unreality. In Saivism it is one of the three bonds (pasha) that limit the soul and thereby facilitate its evolution. For Saivites and most other nondualists, it is understood not as illusion but as relative reality, in contrast to the unchanging Absolute Reality. In the Saiva Siddhanta system, there are three main divisions of maya, the pure, the pure-impure and the impure realms. Pure or shuddha maya consists of the first five tattvas - Siva tattva, Shakti tattva, Sadasiva tattva, Ishvara tattva and Shuddhavidya tattva. The pure-impure realm consists of the next seven tattvas. The impure realm consists of the maya tattva and all of its evolutes - from the kala tattva to prithivi, the element earth. Thus, in relation to the physical universe, maya is the principle of ever-changing matter. In Vaishnavism, maya is one of the nine Shaktis of Vishnu.

Ram Ram, Deosaran Bisnath--------------------------GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limit the use to Sanskrit words and provide English wordbracketed.

MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -