IndiaDivine.org

May All Be Happy! May No One Experience Any Suffering... Please Explain !

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Respected Sadhaks,

I show my greatest respect to you all.

I try to explain to my Muslim friend in Iran and Christian friends in

developed countries USA, Canada, Europe, Costa Rica, and elsewhere

about the beauty of Hindu Philosophy .

Swamiji spoke often about the Prayer below... Please explain in detail one of

his favorite prayers and it's inner significance, universal applicability and

the deeper meaning which made this so special to Swamiji. I shall be grateful

for a word by word explanation as well the core concept of the following verses.

One of Swamiji's favorite ..

Sarve Bhavantu sukhinah,

Sarve Santu Niraamayaaha

Sarve Bhadraani pashyantu

Ma Kaschid Dukh Bhagbhavet

Om shanti! shanti! shantih !

Yes may there be peace and eternal peace ... may it begin with us... "

I understand as follows , kindly correct me .

" Sarve Bhavantu sukhinah " - Let all be happy "

" Sarve Santu Niraamayaaha " - let all be cured of diseases

" Sarve Bhadraani pashyantu " - let us see every one in well off

" Ma Kaschid Dukh Bhagbhavet - let there be no sorrow any time "

With my best regards,

rathindra prasad lahiri

---------------------

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -

1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.

2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..

3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the

extent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas

4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.

5. Focus on subject at hand only.

6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, address

etc) or personalize message to particular person

7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modify

the posting.

8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-

sectarian audience. Limit the use to Sanskrit words and provide English word

bracketed.

Ram Ram

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Post message:

Subscribe: -

Un: -

---------------

Guest guest

Respected Sadhaks,

I try to explain to my Muslim friend in Iran and Christian friends indeveloped countries USA, Canada, Europe, Costa Rica, and elsewhereabout the beauty of Hindu Philosophy .

Swamiji spoke often about the Prayer below... Please explain in detail one ofhis favorite prayers and it's inner significance, universal applicability andthe deeper meaning which made this so special to Swamiji. I shall be gratefulfor a word by word explanation as well the core concept of the following verses.

Sarve Bhavantu sukhinah,Sarve Santu NiraamayaahaSarve Bhadraani pashyantuMa Kaschid Dukh BhagbhavetOm shanti! shanti! shantih !

Yes may there be peace and eternal peace ... may it begin with us..."

" Sarve Bhavantu sukhinah"- Let all be happy"" Sarve Santu Niraamayaaha " - let all be cured of diseases" Sarve Bhadraani pashyantu" - let us see every one in well off" Ma Kaschid Dukh Bhagbhavet - let there be no sorrow any time "

With my best regards,rathindra prasad lahiri---------------------

NEW POSTING

Wonderful.....intentionUnderstanding the wisdom/rules of life is the key Sarve Bhavantu sukhinah"- Let all be happy"" Sarve Santu Niraamayaaha " - let all be cured of diseases" Sarve Bhadraani pashyantu" - let us see every one in well off" Ma Kaschid Dukh Bhagbhavet - let there be no sorrow any time "In the above, once we pray for happiness for all, it covers the rest three..automaticallyHappiness is the key value and everything else gets derived from this value.....It is very scientific....It is not about christian, muslim, hindu........or any other label etc.....It is about truth, it is about our rules applicable to us, It is about the research world over on the wisdom of life....for centuries....In India toothis happened vigorously and results were amazing..... Religions/labels are based the truth of life and not the vice-a-versa.....Need today is to integrate these learnings and systematically make them available to the people especially to children without a label....like any other subject we teach....like maths, physics, chemistry, medicine....do we worry about the muslim, hindu, christian labels....We all need to get out of these labels and go to the basics...if you really want to see yourself happy and if you really want to see the world happy....

Sushil Jain

---------

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

Swamiji said - Always have the feeling, the inner sentiments (BHAAV) that all should be happy and healthy and no one should suffer in the least.He pointed out that God declares in the Gita (12:4)"Te pranuvanti maameva sarve bhutahite rataah"

"Those who are engrossed in the welfare of all beings attain Me."Swamiji therefore said -

"Have feelings of well-being, comfort and benediction of others. Serve as much as you can, but more importantly have the best of feelings "inner sentiments" for the welfare of others. That feeling will lead to reununciation. First a man has inner feelings and sentiments, and then the feelings are put into practice. Therefore have the sentiments and feelings first, for the welfare of all. It was this feeling of welfare of others which made a few persons exalted souls."

How very beautiful! This requires practically no effort on our parts. Each and every sadhak must have these sentiments! Today's dailymessage was about translating all that we already know into practice. Let us start only with the inner sentiments of "May all be Happy! May no one experience any suffering........."

Meera Das

Ram Ram

-------------------------------

Common citizens all over the world...all nations...all religions want to behappy...let all be happhy...but why it does not work......Gee Waman

----------

It is important in this prayer, that sadhaks understand "All" to be truly "All" beings... including animals and other creatures the 84 lac species. Seema S

-----------

-------------------------GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limit the use to Sanskrit words and provide English wordbracketed.

MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

---------------

Guest guest

Respected Sadhaks,

I try to explain to my Muslim friend in Iran and Christian friends indeveloped countries USA, Canada, Europe, Costa Rica, and elsewhereabout the beauty of Hindu Philosophy .

Swamiji spoke often about the Prayer below... Please explain in detail one ofhis favorite prayers and it's inner significance, universal applicability andthe deeper meaning which made this so special to Swamiji. I shall be gratefulfor a word by word explanation as well the core concept of the following verses.

Sarve Bhavantu sukhinah,Sarve Santu NiraamayaahaSarve Bhadraani pashyantuMa Kaschid Dukh BhagbhavetOm shanti! shanti! shantih !

" Sarve Bhavantu sukhinah"- Let all be happy"" Sarve Santu Niraamayaaha " - let all be cured of diseases" Sarve Bhadraani pashyantu" - let us see every one in well off" Ma Kaschid Dukh Bhagbhavet - let there be no sorrow any time "

NEW POSTING

Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!This is very beautiful Mantra - Shanti Mantra, recited generally at the end ofspiritual discourses. Its beauty is in its proper recitation with Sanskritpronunciations which will make one feel peace and intentions prayed come alive!"May we all be Happy, May we all be free of diseases, may we all see auspicious,may there be good fortune and no misery anywhere!"The emphasis is on "all" as most Vedic prayers are for the community, and WorldPeace and Welfare.Prayers should be of impersonal nature for them to achieve their intentions. Weare all, sentient and insentient, interconnected, interdependent, and integratedas ONE Whole LIFE-ISNESS. Our individual beings needs to be aligned withUniversal BEING for Peace to rein in.There is no such thing as individual lasting happiness.Wamanji's question of ".....let us all be happy, but why it doesn't work"may be answered from the above. You can see that if a family member, or afriend, or people from from another nation are suffering we feel their pains tosome degree. This shows our unavoidable connectedness.Sages say that if you want to be happy, make others happy. "Others" include usalso. Until we realize the truth of this, lasting/true happiness avoids us!The first and foremost casualty of Realization is "Individual"!Namaskar..........Pratap Bhatt-----------

Dear sadaks,

"Sarve Bhavantu sukhinah"- Let there be peace of mind. (Here Sukh is considered as peace of mind), which is need of the hour. Happiness depends on objects." Sarve Santu Niraamayaaha " - let all Sants have undistrubed conscienceness. Here Santu can be Sadhaks. Nirmalathuvam- Calmness in the SELF" Sarve Bhadraani pashyantu" - let all have NO fear. Bhadratha is fear that which even animals have." Ma Kaschid Dukh Bhagbhavet - let there be NO sorrow. (this is blessings of Swamiji to all living) Only sants can give.

First peace of mind (Happiness sets thereby),

second- mind being peace there will be calmess for devotion,

third- due to calmness there will not be fear due to external forces that are caused even to saints by humans,snake, insects etc or natural calamities,

fourth--in calmness Dukhhas NO place

Sadhaks in Maha Bharat, Sri Krishna removes Nirmallathuvam (disturbed mind of Arjuna), then HE puts in Calmness in Arjuna's mind that was fickle, then HE brought in fearlessness to wage war, the sorrow of the world ended by establishing Dharma. ""Yetha Yetha Dharmasiya-"

I think Swamiji gave in all 4 lines compressed the whole Bagavath Geetha to be used as prayer irrespective of caste or creed.

Jai Sri Krishna B.Sathyanarayan

-------------------

-Shree Hari-Dear Rathindra,(This is a comment on the first part of your post, where maybe I can be of somevalue).I have been watching a program on TV which is a weekly journey throughthe history of India from the Indus civilization onwards, (Thus far week 2).A great comment was made by the compere of the show,"Many lands have builtempires of the sword, but only India has built an empire of the spirit".Your Christian and Islamic friends, should contemplate that truth.The Bhagavad Gita is for all, not just for Hindus. Any Christian or Muslim, wholooks deep into his heart, would quickly understand the the vibrancy of truthwithin it. Sanatana Dharma is a term much closer to the Mystics heart, "TheEternal Law", than a name like Hinduism, Yes I know that,'A rose by any othername would smell as sweet'.But Hinduism used to confuse me, all those Gods, Demigods, Idols, and so on, mywestern mind could not get around it all.Having turned inwards, the experiential path the way of the mystic, not a handleI gave myself, but it seemed to be where I was at, looking back.There seemed to be no contradictions, no dogmas within the Vedic traditions thatI came across that said I was evil, crazy, or possessed.Who cannot warm to Arjuna's confusion and Lord Krishnah's firm but lovingauthority?Just look at this Satsang, the 'Highest Truths', coming from such a diversecompany of Sadhaks, expressed in many ways, serving the 'Divine Beloved'.One should never let fear get in the way of 'Divine Love', (perhaps your friendscould contemplate upon this).Maybe my most humble offering, will help you in your discourse with your friends.It was time for me, 'To hang up my sword, and trust in GOD'I am (now) a peaceful soul.Indeed!Om Shanti! Shanti! Shantih !..............................Shanti!.....With Respect and Divine Love,Mike (Keenor).

--------------------

Hari OmThe beauty of verse under Q is that it contains the essence of all three Yogas - viz Karma Yoga, Jnana Yoga and Bhakti Yoga. This verse is the "bhava", an invocation of humans, the goal of all of us.

Karma Yoga is not about making others happy directly only, you can not physically do that, it is making them happy by a "bhava" (inner sentiment) - ma kaschit dukh bhag bhavet- Let no one experience any sorrow. Same "bhava" is prevalent in bhakti yoga also. The verse is a gateway to "Vasudev Sarvam" A Jnana Yogi though totally indifferent to the world in sadhana, MUST have this "bhava" too. Gita summarises this - "Sarvabhoot hite rata" (Gita 12:4). The one who is engrossed in the welfare of all, that one attains God - separately for all 3 yogis. It is a commonality among three yogas.Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B

--------------------

PRIOR POSTING

Wonderful.....intention

Understanding the wisdom/rules of life is the key

Sarve Bhavantu sukhinah"- Let all be happy"" Sarve Santu Niraamayaaha " - let all be cured of diseases" Sarve Bhadraani pashyantu" - let us see every one in well off" Ma Kaschid Dukh Bhagbhavet - let there be no sorrow any time "

In the above, once we pray for happiness for all, it covers the rest three..automatically

Happiness is the key value and everything else gets derived from this value.....It is very scientific....

It is not about christian, muslim, hindu........or any other label etc.....It is about truth, it is about our rules applicable to us, It is about the research world over on the wisdom of life....for centuries....In India toothis happened vigorously and results were amazing..... Religions/labels are based the truth of life and not the vice-a-versa.....

Need today is to integrate these learnings and systematically make them available to the people especially to children without a label....like any other subject we teach....like maths, physics, chemistry, medicine....do we worry about the muslim, hindu, christian labels....We all need to get out of these labels and go to the basics...if you really want to see yourself happy and if you really want to see the world happy....

Sushil Jain

---------

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

Swamiji said - Always have the feeling, the inner sentiments (BHAAV) that all should be happy and healthy and no one should suffer in the least.

He pointed out that God declares in the Gita (12:4)

"Te pranuvanti maameva sarve bhutahite rataah"

"Those who are engrossed in the welfare of all beings attain Me."

Swamiji therefore said -

"Have feelings of well-being, comfort and benediction of others. Serve as much as you can, but more importantly have the best of feelings "inner sentiments" for the welfare of others. That feeling will lead to reununciation. First a man has inner feelings and sentiments, and then the feelings are put into practice. Therefore have the sentiments and feelings first, for the welfare of all. It was this feeling of welfare of others which made a few persons exalted souls."

How very beautiful! This requires practically no effort on our parts. Each and every sadhak must have these sentiments! Today's dailymessage was about translating all that we already know into practice. Let us start only with the inner sentiments of "May all be Happy! May no one experience any suffering........."

Meera Das

Ram Ram

Common citizens all over the world...all nations...all religions want to behappy...let all be happhy...but why it does not work...

....Gee Waman

----------

It is important in this prayer, that sadhaks understand "All" to be truly "All" beings... including animals and other creatures the 84 lac species. Seema S

-----------

-------------------------GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limit the use to Sanskrit words and provide English wordbracketed.

---------------

Guest guest

Respected Sadhaks,

NEW POSTING

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

What deeply touched me about Swamiji's explanation regarding this prayer is that - When you love one, you will not be able to love another as well. Just like mother who is attached to one child, is not able to love the others equally. With attachment, your love for another is lessened. Therefore - Sarve bhavantu sukhinah…. May all be happy, may we love all. It is inclusive of everyone... all BEINGS.

Meera Das

Ram Ram

-------------------------

Ratindraji: Every religion has similar prayers like 'Love thy neighbor' or 'do unto others what you want for yourself' or " do not do to others what you do not want others to do to you' etc. but this one goes further and addresses the root cause of all the miseries. Let me try to explain with my limited knowledge. Sukha and Duhka (happiness and sorrow ) are felt in the mind of everybody. This is a prayer addressing that every body's mind be as peaceful as it can be. We all know if there is a problem with the body, an ailment, we can go to Doctor and get some medicine to remedy the situation. But there is no such external help for Sorrow. Fear is an outcome of in adequacy. To be happy and fearless all the time is our true nature. The opposites Sorrow and Fear occur to us because of our own mind imagining something other than its true nature. The word 'Niramaya' comes from 'Amaya' which means dysfunctions of the mind. Niramaya means absence of this dysfunction. Having discussed the words of importance in this prayer, let us look at meaning from a global perspective. None of us want to be unhappy, sorrowful or fearful anytime. It makes immense sense to pray that no one should be facing the same. Imagine a society that has none of these bothering their minds and everybody is happy and fearless all the time; that is what we call as Heaven. So we pray to our God "SAT CHIT ANANDA":Let everybody be happyLet everybody have calm & serene mindLet everybody be fearless and secureLet no one be sorrowfulI say to children that our God has first name of SAT(Truth), middle name of CHIT(Knowledge) and last name of ANANDA (Eternal Bliss). regardsB.Vempaty----------

Dear Sadaks,

Thus said Sri Vasudeva Pratabji, ""Wamanji's question of ".....let us all be happy, but why it doesn't work"". According to Sadana Panchakam we all are happy by nature. We all have the blessing of Bagavan for us to get uplifted from lower births to humans. Sri Pratabji has answered Wamanji question by saying the word CONNECTEDNESS. Another perspective is that the connectedness only causes sorrow. Connectedness to my family member, my friend or people of other nation (the world you are) sufferings. But often we forget body and soul are different. Maya creates this dillusion.

Bhagath Singh was sent to gallows. He went smiling. Britisher told to Bhagath Singh that he is to be hanged to death. Bhagath Singh gave a long smile and said probably the Britisher never studied Bhagavath Geetha. Bhagath singh's smile was there even after his body placed on ground. Arjuna sorrow came when he heard his son Abimanyu died. He took a promise and failed thus resulting in him throwing himself in fire, when Sri Krishna saved--You Sadhaks Know. Swamiji saying let be no sorrow is that one should not get deluded by maya, my family, my friend etc and fall pray to sorrow. Swamiji concept has to be thought deeply that do not allow sorrow. Let there be NO room in you for sorrow.

Sadhaks please forgive may be I am wrong

Jai Sri Krishna

B.SAthyanarayan

-

Hari OmBeautiful sentiments by Brother Mike ! There is an emotion, deep one, soul generated,sadhakful , a sanatan one, a universal, message ! Can sentiments be more purer? More grateful? More clear ?More authentic? More experienced? More truthful ? More focussed? More direct? More DEVNAGARI ? More Susanskrit ?- No ! Brother Mike is Jewel Crown of this GT Group ! He is pride of all of us! This Child of the Universe is "abhayam" . He is "sattvasansuddhah". He is "gyaanyogarvyavasishthah".(BG 16:1) already !! Salutations !Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B

-----------------------

PRIOR POSTING

Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!This is very beautiful Mantra - Shanti Mantra, recited generally at the end ofspiritual discourses. Its beauty is in its proper recitation with Sanskritpronunciations which will make one feel peace and intentions prayed come alive!"May we all be Happy, May we all be free of diseases, may we all see auspicious,may there be good fortune and no misery anywhere!"The emphasis is on "all" as most Vedic prayers are for the community, and WorldPeace and Welfare.Prayers should be of impersonal nature for them to achieve their intentions. Weare all, sentient and insentient, interconnected, interdependent, and integratedas ONE Whole LIFE-ISNESS. Our individual beings needs to be aligned withUniversal BEING for Peace to rein in.There is no such thing as individual lasting happiness.Wamanji's question of ".....let us all be happy, but why it doesn't work"may be answered from the above. You can see that if a family member, or afriend, or people from from another nation are suffering we feel their pains tosome degree. This shows our unavoidable connectedness.Sages say that if you want to be happy, make others happy. "Others" include usalso. Until we realize the truth of this, lasting/true happiness avoids us!The first and foremost casualty of Realization is "Individual"!Namaskar..........Pratap Bhatt

-----------

Dear sadaks,"Sarve Bhavantu sukhinah"- Let there be peace of mind. (Here Sukh is considered as peace of mind), which is need of the hour. Happiness depends on objects." Sarve Santu Niraamayaaha " - let all Sants have undistrubed conscienceness. Here Santu can be Sadhaks. Nirmalathuvam- Calmness in the SELF" Sarve Bhadraani pashyantu" - let all have NO fear. Bhadratha is fear that which even animals have." Ma Kaschid Dukh Bhagbhavet - let there be NO sorrow. (this is blessings of Swamiji to all living) Only sants can give.First peace of mind (Happiness sets thereby), second- mind being peace there will be calmess for devotion, third- due to calmness there will not be fear due to external forces that are caused even to saints by humans,snake, insects etc or natural calamities, fourth--in calmness Dukhhas NO place Sadhaks in Maha Bharat, Sri Krishna removes Nirmallathuvam (disturbed mind of Arjuna), then HE puts in Calmness in Arjuna's mind that was fickle, then HE brought in fearlessness to wage war, the sorrow of the world ended by establishing Dharma. ""Yetha Yetha Dharmasiya-"I think Swamiji gave in all 4 lines compressed the whole Bagavath Geetha to be used as prayer irrespective of caste or creed.Jai Sri Krishna B.Sathyanarayan--------------------Shree Hari-

Dear Rathindra,

(This is a comment on the first part of your post, where maybe I can be of somevalue).

I have been watching a program on TV which is a weekly journey throughthe history of India from the Indus civilization onwards, (Thus far week 2).A great comment was made by the compere of the show,"Many lands have builtempires of the sword, but only India has built an empire of the spirit".

Your Christian and Islamic friends, should contemplate that truth.

The Bhagavad Gita is for all, not just for Hindus. Any Christian or Muslim, wholooks deep into his heart, would quickly understand the the vibrancy of truthwithin it. Sanatana Dharma is a term much closer to the Mystics heart, "TheEternal Law", than a name like Hinduism, Yes I know that,'A rose by any othername would smell as sweet'.But Hinduism used to confuse me, all those Gods, Demigods, Idols, and so on, mywestern mind could not get around it all.Having turned inwards, the experiential path the way of the mystic, not a handleI gave myself, but it seemed to be where I was at, looking back.There seemed to be no contradictions, no dogmas within the Vedic traditions thatI came across that said I was evil, crazy, or possessed.Who cannot warm to Arjuna's confusion and Lord Krishnah's firm but lovingauthority?Just look at this Satsang, the 'Highest Truths', coming from such a diversecompany of Sadhaks, expressed in many ways, serving the 'Divine Beloved'.One should never let fear get in the way of 'Divine Love', (perhaps your friendscould contemplate upon this).Maybe my most humble offering, will help you in your discourse with your friends.It was time for me, 'To hang up my sword, and trust in GOD'I am (now) a peaceful soul.Indeed!Om Shanti! Shanti! Shantih !..............................Shanti!.....

With Respect and Divine Love,

Mike (Keenor).--------------------Hari Om

The beauty of verse under Q is that it contains the essence of all three Yogas - viz Karma Yoga, Jnana Yoga and Bhakti Yoga. This verse is the "bhava", an invocation of humans, the goal of all of us. Karma Yoga is not about making others happy directly only, you can not physically do that, it is making them happy by a "bhava" (inner sentiment) - ma kaschit dukh bhag bhavet- Let no one experience any sorrow. Same "bhava" is prevalent in bhakti yoga also. The verse is a gateway to "Vasudev Sarvam" A Jnana Yogi though totally indifferent to the world in sadhana, MUST have this "bhava" too.

Gita summarises this - "Sarvabhoot hite rata" (Gita 12:4). The one who is engrossed in the welfare of all, that one attains God - separately for all 3 yogis. It is a commonality among three yogas.

Jai Shree Krishna

Vyas N B --------------------

PRIOR POSTING

Wonderful.....intention

Sarve Bhavantu sukhinah"- Let all be happy"" Sarve Santu Niraamayaaha " - let all be cured of diseases" Sarve Bhadraani pashyantu" - let us see every one in well off" Ma Kaschid Dukh Bhagbhavet - let there be no sorrow any time "

In the above, once we pray for happiness for all, it covers the rest three..automatically

Happiness is the key value and everything else gets derived from this value.....It is very scientific....

It is not about christian, muslim, hindu........or any other label etc.....It is about truth, it is about our rules applicable to us, It is about the research world over on the wisdom of life....for centuries....In India toothis happened vigorously and results were amazing..... Religions/labels are based the truth of life and not the vice-a-versa.....

Need today is to integrate these learnings and systematically make them available to the people especially to children without a label....like any other subject we teach....like maths, physics, chemistry, medicine....do we worry about the muslim, hindu, christian labels....We all need to get out of these labels and go to the basics...if you really want to see yourself happy and if you really want to see the world happy....

Sushil Jain

---------

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

Swamiji said - Always have the feeling, the inner sentiments (BHAAV) that all should be happy and healthy and no one should suffer in the least.

Swamiji therefore said -

Meera Das

Ram Ram

Common citizens all over the world...all nations...all religions want to behappy...let all be happhy...but why it does not work...

....Gee Waman

----------

-----------

---------------

Guest guest

Respected Sadhaks,

NEW POSTING

In all our ancient books of wisdom and spirituality, there is no mention of any particular religion. What they say applies universally to everybody. They contain the spiritual experiences of our enlightened Saints, a tradition which continues even today. India is the only country in the world where we have a living tradition of spiritual Gurus who have become enlightened after gruelling tapas. There is another prayer, Loka samasta sukhino bhawantu, which means the same thing. It is the invaders who because of the Indus river called us Indians and our religion Hinduism. Actually it is not a religion but a way of life.

Hari Shanker Deo

----------------------

Dear Geeta Sadhakas, NamaskarJust after posting my message on the last line of this shloka, I realised thatthere is a slight variation in the first line as well...The shloka..Om sarvepi sukhinah santuSarve santu niramayaah,Sarve bhadrani pashyantu,Maa kashid dukkha apnuyaat...is chanted like this also....Gee Waman

----------------------Hari OmThis GT Talk Group is indeed getting more and more divine with each passing day with many new sadhaks, each divine in their own rights and many beautiful and divine messages ! some clearly coming from our Beloved Maharajji / Swamiji .... flawless! My Mom is my Real Guru who brought Swamiji at age 25 into my life, starting me on a journey to critically exam Swamiji's teachings in early 90s . For more than 1 year , I continuously read His books with a sole motive of finding a fault in any of His expressions. I first read intensely Upanishads, Yoga Vashishtha, Ramayana, Puranas etc ONLY to find any contradictions of the slightest measure from principles/ writings of Swamiji. I could never find any. NEVER ! He is very much alive and smiling at us, as we present these universal principles and PRAYER. Pranaams to all in this forum !

Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B

-----------------------------

Namaste, Dear Sadhakas!With great respect to our own Sathyanarayanji, I attempt to convey myunderstanding of 'connectedness' I(?) used in the post.Our "connectedness" is not attachment that causes sorrows! That we are connectedis Fact, and only not knowing it, we get attached and suffer. Feeling the painsof others(compassion) leads to help them, and feeling happiness of others we gethappiness ourselves(win-win)! Saints and Sages feel the pains of others, so itis said!Recognition and Realization of our Being ONE is liberation itself, happinessitself. What separates us is false "me" sense.Even our physical bodies are not separate as they cannot survive in isolation.We breathe universal air through our internal lungs, while trees breathe ourexhaled air and give us back oxygen, so they are our external lungs. Similarlyfire, water, earth, space all are universal, needed for one's survival. We have"ONE Cosmic body"(one can say individual body is part of the Connection, theWHOLE, doing its assigned function). This is consistent with Vedic vision.Individual bodies are seen and taken due to Maya principle as you say! Can wename one separate object that is independently existing on its own being Real?We cannot! Space between two bodies or two objects separating them is practicalwisdom, not reality of our experience! We take ourselves to be located in body"here-now(space-time) and therefore, other bodies appear to be located "there".all Maya!Prayers with such recognition of our Connectedness-Oneness fructify as it humblyacknowledges the weakness inherent in individual and asks for help of DivineWHOLENESS!Finally, you say "Swamiji saying let there be no sorrow is that one should not getdeluded by maya, my family, my friend etc and fall pray to sorrow".To me it says taking one to be "I/me/mine" is THE delusion.All/Any answers are repeated from Realizing just this One Truth!Namaskar.....Pratap------------

PRIOR POSTING

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

What deeply touched me about Swamiji's explanation regarding this prayer is that - When you love one, you will not be able to love another as well. Just like mother who is attached to one child, is not able to love the others equally. With attachment, your love for another is lessened. Therefore - Sarve bhavantu sukhinah…. May all be happy, may we love all. It is inclusive of everyone... all BEINGS.

Meera Das

Ram Ram

Ratindraji: Every religion has similar prayers like 'Love thy neighbor' or 'do unto others what you want for yourself' or " do not do to others what you do not want others to do to you' etc. but this one goes further and addresses the root cause of all the miseries. Let me try to explain with my limited knowledge. Sukha and Duhka (happiness and sorrow ) are felt in the mind of everybody. This is a prayer addressing that every body's mind be as peaceful as it can be. We all know if there is a problem with the body, an ailment, we can go to Doctor and get some medicine to remedy the situation. But there is no such external help for Sorrow. Fear is an outcome of in adequacy. To be happy and fearless all the time is our true nature. The opposites Sorrow and Fear occur to us because of our own mind imagining something other than its true nature. The word 'Niramaya' comes from 'Amaya' which means dysfunctions of the mind. Niramaya means absence of this dysfunction. Having discussed the words of importance in this prayer, let us look at meaning from a global perspective.

None of us want to be unhappy, sorrowful or fearful anytime. It makes immense sense to pray that no one should be facing the same. Imagine a society that has none of these bothering their minds and everybody is happy and fearless all the time; that is what we call as Heaven. So we pray to our God "SAT CHIT ANANDA":

Let everybody be happyLet everybody have calm & serene mindLet everybody be fearless and secureLet no one be sorrowful

I say to children that our God has first name of SAT(Truth), middle name of CHIT(Knowledge) and last name of ANANDA (Eternal Bliss). regardsB.Vempaty----------

Dear Sadaks,Thus said Sri Vasudeva Pratabji, ""Wamanji's question of ".....let us all be happy, but why it doesn't work"". According to Sadana Panchakam we all are happy by nature. We all have the blessing of Bagavan for us to get uplifted from lower births to humans. Sri Pratabji has answered Wamanji question by saying the word CONNECTEDNESS. Another perspective is that the connectedness only causes sorrow. Connectedness to my family member, my friend or people of other nation (the world you are) sufferings. But often we forget body and soul are different. Maya creates this dillusion. Bhagath Singh was sent to gallows. He went smiling. Britisher told to Bhagath Singh that he is to be hanged to death. Bhagath Singh gave a long smile and said probably the Britisher never studied Bhagavath Geetha. Bhagath singh's smile was there even after his body placed on ground. Arjuna sorrow came when he heard his son Abimanyu died. He took a promise and failed thus resulting in him throwing himself in fire, when Sri Krishna saved--You Sadhaks Know. Swamiji saying let be no sorrow is that one should not get deluded by maya, my family, my friend etc and fall pray to sorrow. Swamiji concept has to be thought deeply that do not allow sorrow. Let there be NO room in you for sorrow.Sadhaks please forgive may be I am wrongJai Sri KrishnaB.SAthyanarayan- Hari Om

Beautiful sentiments by Brother Mike ! There is an emotion, deep one, soul generated,sadhakful , a sanatan one, a universal, message ! Can sentiments be more purer? More grateful? More clear ?More authentic? More experienced? More truthful ? More focussed? More direct? More DEVNAGARI ? More Susanskrit ?- No ! Brother Mike is Jewel Crown of this GT Group ! He is pride of all of us!

This Child of the Universe is "abhayam" . He is "sattvasansuddhah". He is "gyaanyogarvyavasishthah".(BG 16:1) already !!

Salutations !

Jai Shree Krishna

Vyas N B

-----------------------

PRIOR POSTING

Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!This is very beautiful Mantra - Shanti Mantra, recited generally at the end ofspiritual discourses. Its beauty is in its proper recitation with Sanskritpronunciations which will make one feel peace and intentions prayed come alive!"May we all be Happy, May we all be free of diseases, may we all see auspicious,may there be good fortune and no misery anywhere!"The emphasis is on "all" as most Vedic prayers are for the community, and WorldPeace and Welfare.Prayers should be of impersonal nature for them to achieve their intentions. Weare all, sentient and insentient, interconnected, interdependent, and integratedas ONE Whole LIFE-ISNESS. Our individual beings needs to be aligned withUniversal BEING for Peace to rein in.There is no such thing as individual lasting happiness.Wamanji's question of ".....let us all be happy, but why it doesn't work"may be answered from the above. You can see that if a family member, or afriend, or people from from another nation are suffering we feel their pains tosome degree. This shows our unavoidable connectedness.Sages say that if you want to be happy, make others happy. "Others" include usalso. Until we realize the truth of this, lasting/true happiness avoids us!The first and foremost casualty of Realization is "Individual"!Namaskar..........Pratap Bhatt

-----------

Dear sadaks,"Sarve Bhavantu sukhinah"- Let there be peace of mind. (Here Sukh is considered as peace of mind), which is need of the hour. Happiness depends on objects." Sarve Santu Niraamayaaha " - let all Sants have undistrubed conscienceness. Here Santu can be Sadhaks. Nirmalathuvam- Calmness in the SELF" Sarve Bhadraani pashyantu" - let all have NO fear. Bhadratha is fear that which even animals have." Ma Kaschid Dukh Bhagbhavet - let there be NO sorrow. (this is blessings of Swamiji to all living) Only sants can give.First peace of mind (Happiness sets thereby), second- mind being peace there will be calmess for devotion, third- due to calmness there will not be fear due to external forces that are caused even to saints by humans,snake, insects etc or natural calamities, fourth--in calmness Dukhhas NO place Sadhaks in Maha Bharat, Sri Krishna removes Nirmallathuvam (disturbed mind of Arjuna), then HE puts in Calmness in Arjuna's mind that was fickle, then HE brought in fearlessness to wage war, the sorrow of the world ended by establishing Dharma. ""Yetha Yetha Dharmasiya-"I think Swamiji gave in all 4 lines compressed the whole Bagavath Geetha to be used as prayer irrespective of caste or creed.Jai Sri Krishna B.Sathyanarayan--------------------Shree Hari-

Dear Rathindra,

(This is a comment on the first part of your post, where maybe I can be of somevalue).

I have been watching a program on TV which is a weekly journey throughthe history of India from the Indus civilization onwards, (Thus far week 2).A great comment was made by the compere of the show,"Many lands have builtempires of the sword, but only India has built an empire of the spirit".

The Bhagavad Gita is for all, not just for Hindus. Any Christian or Muslim, wholooks deep into his heart, would quickly understand the the vibrancy of truthwithin it. Sanatana Dharma is a term much closer to the Mystics heart, "TheEternal Law", than a name like Hinduism, Yes I know that,'A rose by any othername would smell as sweet'.But Hinduism used to confuse me, all those Gods, Demigods, Idols, and so on, mywestern mind could not get around it all.Having turned inwards, the experiential path the way of the mystic, not a handleI gave myself, but it seemed to be where I was at, looking back.There seemed to be no contradictions, no dogmas within the Vedic traditions thatI came across that said I was evil, crazy, or possessed.Who cannot warm to Arjuna's confusion and Lord Krishnah's firm but lovingauthority?Just look at this Satsang, the 'Highest Truths', coming from such a diversecompany of Sadhaks, expressed in many ways, serving the 'Divine Beloved'.One should never let fear get in the way of 'Divine Love', (perhaps your friendscould contemplate upon this).Maybe my most humble offering, will help you in your discourse with your friends.It was time for me, 'To hang up my sword, and trust in GOD'I am (now) a peaceful soul.Indeed!Om Shanti! Shanti! Shantih !..............................Shanti!.....

The beauty of verse under Q is that it contains the essence of all three Yogas - viz Karma Yoga, Jnana Yoga and Bhakti Yoga. This verse is the "bhava", an invocation of humans, the goal of all of us. Karma Yoga is not about making others happy directly only, you can not physically do that, it is making them happy by a "bhava" (inner sentiment) - ma kaschit dukh bhag bhavet- Let no one experience any sorrow. Same "bhava" is prevalent in bhakti yoga also. The verse is a gateway to "Vasudev Sarvam" A Jnana Yogi though totally indifferent to the world in sadhana, MUST have this "bhava" too.

Gita summarises this - "Sarvabhoot hite rata" (Gita 12:4). The one who is engrossed in the welfare of all, that one attains God - separately for all 3 yogis. It is a commonality among three yogas.

Jai Shree Krishna

PRIOR POSTING

Wonderful.....intention

Sushil Jain

---------

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

Swamiji therefore said -

Meera Das

Ram Ram

....Gee Waman

----------

-----------

---------------

Guest guest

Respected Sadhaks,

NEW POSTING

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

Swamiji says - One whose sentiments are aligned with the Paramatma, attains Paramatma.

Lord Krishna in the Gita: "Suhrdam sarvabhutaana, jyaatvaa maam shaantimrchtti." (Gita 5:29). "He who knows Me as the friend of all beings, attains Peace ! Moksha!" He who is ever concerned with the welfare of all, whose mind is pervaded with such idea of well being of all, the sentiment of such a person merges with the wishes of the Bhagavan, who is a friend of all beings. Oneness with Bhagavan's wishes, easily leads to oneness with Him.

Therefore be alert every moment in the service of all His beings, without a selfish motive. Only Bhagavan and His devotees are selfless.

Meera Das

Ram Ram

-----------

Dear Geeta Sadhakas, NamaskarSometimes the last line of this shloka is chanted as...Ma Kashid Dukkha Apnuyaat...Let nobody get even a bit of misery...I chant this shloka after my bath, before meditation....Gee Waman

------------------------

Why would you be friends with ALL? They're your enemies and they want to wipe out your religion and culture and think that God has ordained them to do so. "Lift up the self by the Self And do not let the self droop down. For the Self is the self's only friend And the self is the Self's only foe." - Sri Krishna (from The Bhagavad Gita)

Ben

------------------------

Dear Sadhak insight,

The effect of this Shanti mantra can be understood only if we recite every day at the time of prayers.There are many Shanti mantras in Hindu scriptures out of which there are some eight very known to us.Out of them this shanti mantra is the best because it pertains to all religions of the world and it endows to peace for all human beings and it endows world peace.

I sing this mantra at the time of all my prayers offered in the beginning of any functions.

Truly yours

Shankerprasad S Bhatt

--------------------------------

PRIOR POSTING

In all our ancient books of wisdom and spirituality, there is no mention of any particular religion. What they say applies universally to everybody. They contain the spiritual experiences of our enlightened Saints, a tradition which continues even today. India is the only country in the world where we have a living tradition of spiritual Gurus who have become enlightened after gruelling tapas. There is another prayer, Loka samasta sukhino bhawantu, which means the same thing. It is the invaders who because of the Indus river called us Indians and our religion Hinduism. Actually it is not a religion but a way of life.

Hari Shanker Deo

----------------------

Dear Geeta Sadhakas, Namaskar

Just after posting my message on the last line of this shloka, I realised thatthere is a slight variation in the first line as well...

The shloka..

Om sarvepi sukhinah santuSarve santu niramayaah,Sarve bhadrani pashyantu,Maa kashid dukkha apnuyaat

....is chanted like this also.

....Gee Waman

----------------------Hari Om

This GT Talk Group is indeed getting more and more divine with each passing day with many new sadhaks, each divine in their own rights and many beautiful and divine messages ! some clearly coming from our Beloved Maharajji / Swamiji .... flawless!

My Mom is my Real Guru who brought Swamiji at age 25 into my life, starting me on a journey to critically exam Swamiji's teachings in early 90s . For more than 1 year , I continuously read His books with a sole motive of finding a fault in any of His expressions. I first read intensely Upanishads, Yoga Vashishtha, Ramayana, Puranas etc ONLY to find any contradictions of the slightest measure from principles/ writings of Swamiji. I could never find any. NEVER ! He is very much alive and smiling at us, as we present these universal principles and PRAYER. Pranaams to all in this forum !

Jai Shree Krishna

Vyas N B

Namaste, Dear Sadhakas!With great respect to our own Sathyanarayanji, I attempt to convey myunderstanding of 'connectedness' I(?) used in the post.Our "connectedness" is not attachment that causes sorrows! That we are connectedis Fact, and only not knowing it, we get attached and suffer. Feeling the painsof others(compassion) leads to help them, and feeling happiness of others we gethappiness ourselves(win-win)! Saints and Sages feel the pains of others, so itis said!Recognition and Realization of our Being ONE is liberation itself, happinessitself. What separates us is false "me" sense.Even our physical bodies are not separate as they cannot survive in isolation.We breathe universal air through our internal lungs, while trees breathe ourexhaled air and give us back oxygen, so they are our external lungs. Similarlyfire, water, earth, space all are universal, needed for one's survival. We have"ONE Cosmic body"(one can say individual body is part of the Connection, theWHOLE, doing its assigned function). This is consistent with Vedic vision.Individual bodies are seen and taken due to Maya principle as you say! Can wename one separate object that is independently existing on its own being Real?We cannot! Space between two bodies or two objects separating them is practicalwisdom, not reality of our experience! We take ourselves to be located in body"here-now(space-time) and therefore, other bodies appear to be located "there".all Maya!Prayers with such recognition of our Connectedness-Oneness fructify as it humblyacknowledges the weakness inherent in individual and asks for help of DivineWHOLENESS!Finally, you say "Swamiji saying let there be no sorrow is that one should not getdeluded by maya, my family, my friend etc and fall pray to sorrow".To me it says taking one to be "I/me/mine" is THE delusion.All/Any answers are repeated from Realizing just this One Truth!Namaskar.....Pratap

------------

PRIOR POSTING

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

Meera Das

Ram Ram

Ratindraji: Every religion has similar prayers like 'Love thy neighbor' or 'do unto others what you want for yourself' or " do not do to others what you do not want others to do to you' etc. but this one goes further and addresses the root cause of all the miseries. Let me try to explain with my limited knowledge. Sukha and Duhka (happiness and sorrow ) are felt in the mind of everybody. This is a prayer addressing that every body's mind be as peaceful as it can be. We all know if there is a problem with the body, an ailment, we can go to Doctor and get some medicine to remedy the situation. But there is no such external help for Sorrow. Fear is an outcome of in adequacy. To be happy and fearless all the time is our true nature. The opposites Sorrow and Fear occur to us because of our own mind imagining something other than its true nature. The word 'Niramaya' comes from 'Amaya' which means dysfunctions of the mind. Niramaya means absence of this dysfunction. Having discussed the words of importance in this prayer, let us look at meaning from a global perspective.

None of us want to be unhappy, sorrowful or fearful anytime. It makes immense sense to pray that no one should be facing the same. Imagine a society that has none of these bothering their minds and everybody is happy and fearless all the time; that is what we call as Heaven. So we pray to our God "SAT CHIT ANANDA":

Let everybody be happyLet everybody have calm & serene mindLet everybody be fearless and secureLet no one be sorrowful

I say to children that our God has first name of SAT(Truth), middle name of CHIT(Knowledge) and last name of ANANDA (Eternal Bliss). regardsB.Vempaty----------

Dear Sadaks,Thus said Sri Vasudeva Pratabji, ""Wamanji's question of ".....let us all be happy, but why it doesn't work"". According to Sadana Panchakam we all are happy by nature. We all have the blessing of Bagavan for us to get uplifted from lower births to humans. Sri Pratabji has answered Wamanji question by saying the word CONNECTEDNESS. Another perspective is that the connectedness only causes sorrow. Connectedness to my family member, my friend or people of other nation (the world you are) sufferings. But often we forget body and soul are different. Maya creates this dillusion. Bhagath Singh was sent to gallows. He went smiling. Britisher told to Bhagath Singh that he is to be hanged to death. Bhagath Singh gave a long smile and said probably the Britisher never studied Bhagavath Geetha. Bhagath singh's smile was there even after his body placed on ground. Arjuna sorrow came when he heard his son Abimanyu died. He took a promise and failed thus resulting in him throwing himself in fire, when Sri Krishna saved--You Sadhaks Know. Swamiji saying let be no sorrow is that one should not get deluded by maya, my family, my friend etc and fall pray to sorrow. Swamiji concept has to be thought deeply that do not allow sorrow. Let there be NO room in you for sorrow.Sadhaks please forgive may be I am wrongJai Sri KrishnaB.SAthyanarayan- Hari Om

Beautiful sentiments by Brother Mike ! There is an emotion, deep one, soul generated,sadhakful , a sanatan one, a universal, message ! Can sentiments be more purer? More grateful? More clear ?More authentic? More experienced? More truthful ? More focussed? More direct? More DEVNAGARI ? More Susanskrit ?- No ! Brother Mike is Jewel Crown of this GT Group ! He is pride of all of us!

This Child of the Universe is "abhayam" . He is "sattvasansuddhah". He is "gyaanyogarvyavasishthah".(BG 16:1) already !!

Salutations !

Jai Shree Krishna

Vyas N B

-----------------------

PRIOR POSTING

-----------

Dear Rathindra,

Jai Shree Krishna

PRIOR POSTING

Wonderful.....intention

Sushil Jain

---------

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

Swamiji therefore said -

Meera Das

Ram Ram

....Gee Waman

----------

-----------

---------------

Guest guest

Respected Sadhaks,

NEW POSTING

Shree hari Ram Ram Those engaged in the welfare of all beings come to Me - says Gita

12:4. "Sarva Bhoote hiteh rataah." So simple, so straightforward. Meera Das, Ram Ram --------------------------------

To my dear seekers,Do good and take no pride in it.Knowledge leads to salvation.Vanity to assume full knowledge only for part makes one an atheist. Someone not content with what one knows and seeking more knowledge makes one a true seeker.When a community embraces selfishness and vanity, these become degenerate.(God is Everything) the highest knowledge and there is nothing beyond this. Taken from discourses on swamiramsukhdasji last chapterWe as seekers must look to God only as we are Gods Only and no one else and only God is ours.

catherine andersen

---------------------

Well what is said in the shlok,I practice.I hope my daughter gets well soon. I have never harmed anybody ever

AKHIL GUPTA

---------------------

Respected Gee Waman jee,

You wrote: “Sometimes the last line of this shloka is chanted as...Ma Kashid Dukkha Apnuyaat...Let nobody get even a bit of misery...I chant this shloka after my bath, before meditation.

Where is it written, brother? Where? You are a Sanskrit scholar. Is it not ashuddh? How could an ashuddh mantra be found in the Vedas?

Dr. Ranjeet Singh

----------------------

PRIOR POSTING

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

Swamiji says - One whose sentiments are aligned with the Paramatma, attains Paramatma.

Lord Krishna in the Gita: "Suhrdam sarvabhutaana, jyaatvaa maam shaantimrchtti." (Gita 5:29). "He who knows Me as the friend of all beings, attains Peace ! Moksha!" He who is ever concerned with the welfare of all, whose mind is pervaded with such idea of well being of all, the sentiment of such a person merges with the wishes of the Bhagavan, who is a friend of all beings. Oneness with Bhagavan's wishes, easily leads to oneness with Him.

Therefore be alert every moment in the service of all His beings, without a selfish motive. Only Bhagavan and His devotees are selfless.

Meera Das

Ram Ram

-----------

Sometimes the last line of this shloka is chanted as...Ma Kashid Dukkha Apnuyaat...Let nobody get even a bit of misery...I chant this shloka after my bath, before meditation.

....Gee Waman

------------------------

Why would you be friends with ALL? They're your enemies and they want to wipe out your religion and culture and think that God has ordained them to do so.

"Lift up the self by the Self And do not let the self droop down. For the Self is the self's only friend And the self is the Self's only foe." - Sri Krishna (from The Bhagavad Gita)

Ben

------------------------

Dear Sadhak insight, The effect of this Shanti mantra can be understood only if we recite every day at the time of prayers.There are many Shanti mantras in Hindu scriptures out of which there are some eight very known to us.Out of them this shanti mantra is the best because it pertains to all religions of the world and it endows to peace for all human beings and it endows world peace. I sing this mantra at the time of all my prayers offered in the beginning of any functions.Truly yoursShankerprasad S Bhatt --------------------------------

PRIOR POSTING

Hari Shanker Deo

----------------------

Just after posting my message on the last line of this shloka, I realised thatthere is a slight variation in the first line as well...

The shloka..

Om sarvepi sukhinah santuSarve santu niramayaah,Sarve bhadrani pashyantu,Maa kashid dukkha apnuyaat

....is chanted like this also.

....Gee Waman

----------------------Hari Om

This GT Talk Group is indeed getting more and more divine with each passing day with many new sadhaks, each divine in their own rights and many beautiful and divine messages ! some clearly coming from our Beloved Maharajji / Swamiji .... flawless!

My Mom is my Real Guru who brought Swamiji at age 25 into my life, starting me on a journey to critically exam Swamiji's teachings in early 90s . For more than 1 year , I continuously read His books with a sole motive of finding a fault in any of His expressions. I first read intensely Upanishads, Yoga Vashishtha, Ramayana, Puranas etc ONLY to find any contradictions of the slightest measure from principles/ writings of Swamiji. I could never find any. NEVER ! He is very much alive and smiling at us, as we present these universal principles and PRAYER. Pranaams to all in this forum !

Jai Shree Krishna

Vyas N B

Namaste, Dear Sadhakas!With great respect to our own Sathyanarayanji, I attempt to convey myunderstanding of 'connectedness' I(?) used in the post.Our "connectedness" is not attachment that causes sorrows! That we are connectedis Fact, and only not knowing it, we get attached and suffer. Feeling the painsof others(compassion) leads to help them, and feeling happiness of others we gethappiness ourselves(win-win)! Saints and Sages feel the pains of others, so itis said!Recognition and Realization of our Being ONE is liberation itself, happinessitself. What separates us is false "me" sense.Even our physical bodies are not separate as they cannot survive in isolation.We breathe universal air through our internal lungs, while trees breathe ourexhaled air and give us back oxygen, so they are our external lungs. Similarlyfire, water, earth, space all are universal, needed for one's survival. We have"ONE Cosmic body"(one can say individual body is part of the Connection, theWHOLE, doing its assigned function). This is consistent with Vedic vision.Individual bodies are seen and taken due to Maya principle as you say! Can wename one separate object that is independently existing on its own being Real?We cannot! Space between two bodies or two objects separating them is practicalwisdom, not reality of our experience! We take ourselves to be located in body"here-now(space-time) and therefore, other bodies appear to be located "there".all Maya!Prayers with such recognition of our Connectedness-Oneness fructify as it humblyacknowledges the weakness inherent in individual and asks for help of DivineWHOLENESS!Finally, you say "Swamiji saying let there be no sorrow is that one should not getdeluded by maya, my family, my friend etc and fall pray to sorrow".To me it says taking one to be "I/me/mine" is THE delusion.All/Any answers are repeated from Realizing just this One Truth!Namaskar.....Pratap

------------

PRIOR POSTING

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

Meera Das

Ram Ram

Salutations !

Jai Shree Krishna

Vyas N B

-----------------------

PRIOR POSTING

-----------

Dear Rathindra,

Jai Shree Krishna

PRIOR POSTING

Wonderful.....intention

Sushil Jain

---------

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

Swamiji therefore said -

Meera Das

Ram Ram

....Gee Waman

----------

-----------

---------------