IndiaDivine.org

On Facing of Death Gracefully

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I know it very well that my death is inevitable. I am not at all scared of my

death, but I, selfishly desire that I should die a peaceful death.

Many persons die in sleep, coma or under anaesthesia. I call it a peaceful

death.

I do not know whether persons dieing under cardiac arrest die peacefully or they

suffer acute pain during those few seconds.

I was thinking on these lines for quite sometime only to reveal that there are a

few different types of deaths, every lifeforms face a different type of death.

Some persons are killed...stabbed, shot, suffocated, drowned, burned, beheaded,

hanged or tortured till they breathe their last.

Some persons get killed in accidents of various kinds... natural or manmade,

fire, house collapse, mine accidents and the like...

I am, presently, quite normal... mentally but, I do not know whether, in future,

I may come to a stage where I may end my life myself...

I just cannot immagine how a lifeform feels during those last moments..nobody

returns to tell that story...

QUESTION: I want to know from Geetaji, how can I prepare myself to honour my

(body's) death gracefully.....

....Gee Waman

----------------------------

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -

1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.

2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..

3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the

extent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas

4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.

5. Focus on subject at hand only.

6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, address

etc) or personalize message to particular person

7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modify

the posting.

8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-

sectarian audience. Limit the use to Sanskrit words and provide English word

bracketed.

Ram Ram

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Post message:

Subscribe: -

Un: -

Guest guest

I know it very well that my death is inevitable. I am not at all scared of my death, but I, selfishly desire that I should die a peaceful death. Many persons die in sleep, coma or under anaesthesia. I call it a peacefuldeath. I do not know whether persons dieing under cardiac arrest die peacefully or theysuffer acute pain during those few seconds.

I was thinking on these lines for quite sometime only to reveal that there are a few different types of deaths, every lifeforms face a different type of death.

Some persons are killed...stabbed, shot, suffocated, drowned, burned, beheaded, hanged or tortured till they breathe their last.

Some persons get killed in accidents of various kinds... natural or manmade, fire, house collapse, mine accidents and the like...

I am, presently, quite normal... mentally but, I do not know whether, in future, I may come to a stage where I may end my life myself...

I just cannot immagine how a lifeform feels during those last moments..nobody returns to tell that story...

QUESTION: I want to know from Geetaji, how can I prepare myself to honour my (body's) death gracefully.....

....Gee Waman----------------------------

NEW POSTING

Dear Sadhak,Every sadhak prays for his/her death like this---"Etana to karna Swami, jab Praan tan se nikleGowinda naam lekar tab praan tan se nikleShree Gangaji ka tat ho, Yamuna ka bansibat hoMera Sanwara nikat ho..jab praan tan se nikle..peetambari kasi ho, chhavi man mein ye basi hoHothon pe kuch hansi ho..jab praan tan se nikle...(just do this little favour to me My Beloved,I call Govinda, yr name when I breath my lastAt the bank of holy Ganga, under the tree where you always play yr fluteO! my Beloved Krishna sits besides me, when I breathe my lastI have yr beautiful image in my heartand a little smile on my face, when I breathe my lastO my Beloved Krishna, just do this little favour to me... when I breathe my last.....Pray this and just surrender to Him and accept whatever way it may come to us......with Love,a sadhikaSadhna Karigar

----

Dear Sadaks,

Sri J.Krishnamoorthy said that people NOT afraid of death but the suffering at death bed. Most men think of this. Sri Adi Sankara in 6th century has said about this in Baja Govindam-- 1St Verse-

Baja Govindam Baja Govindam |

Govindam Baja Moodamate ||

Samprapte Sannihite Kaale |

Na Hi Na Hi Rakshati Dukrunkarane |

Worship Govinda, worship Govinda,O foolish one! Worship Govinda.The rules of grammar profit nothing,once the hour of death draws nigh.

Uncertain is the life of manAs rain-drops on a lotus leaf;The whole of human kind,is prey to grief and ego and diseases.

Lost in play is the carefree stripling,Lost is his sweet-heart's charms, the youth;The old man broods upon his sorrowsNone, there is, alas, whose spirityearns to be lost in the Parabrahman. This line ends in Sanskrit as "Chinta Sakthahah" Means worried in old age.

Everyday recite from the Gita,Chant the thousand names of Vishnu,Cherishing him within your heart,Take delight to be with the holy,

Please go to google site and type "Baja Govindam" The above from there.

Sri Gee Waman-- you say you are normal and also say you may end life your self. Absolutely nothing wrong with you. As far I think you need some one to be in Sat Sangh (Divine company) Please tell me are you alone. I can surely help you to stay happy in divine company where you can command death by yourself. You can read your destiny and change it by the methods Saints and Yogies tought.

In South India in last 200 years there were great men who gave wonderful insight.

There is a Slokas from Krishna Astakam, starting from, ""Vasudevam Sutham Devam---" Keep telling them in mind. Iy clears your one crore birth sins. Easiest Way.

Jai Sri Krishna

B.Sathyanarayan

-----------------------------

Namaste, Dear Sadhakas!Nothing selfish about wishing body to die peacefully, when it is seen as garment that needs to be changed as Gita teaches us! Just realize our Immortality, that's all! Most verses in Ch 2 deal with this by telling us what "we" are can/will never ever die, was not born either!If we get busy Realizing True Self, we wouldn't have to worry about death of the body. Whatever is going to happen at death, pain or easy way, is going to happen regardless. I know Wamanji knows it well too! However, we will be better served when that time comes, if we realize it now, the SELF that we are! As a matter of fact, death is the way God tells us that "my child, when your pain will become unbearable for the body, I will know it and make you free." Even if there were to be pain, it will be somehow managed without pain, I am sure! So, why worry now? I have learned that only "such thoughts" create worry in NOW, not actual pain at the time it happens! It is the nature of all worries/fears!Namaskar.........Pratap Bhatt

----------------

to honor the death ... of the body ... of the actions ... of the thoughts ...by realizing that it was dead to start with ... it is ever dying ever since ...from our perceptional point of view from the stand point of the mind.by realizing that there was never a death and is never there and can never bethere ever ... from the existential point of view from the standpoint of thebody.by realizing that ... one that is ever present makes all the vocabulary hoveringaround the death obsolete pushing the very concept of the death to the oblivionby being itself as everything as ever ... from the standpoint of the spiritwithin.Indriyaanaam prithagbhaavam udayaastamayou cha yat |Prithagutpadyamaanaanaam mattvaa dheero na shochati ||Whatever is momentary is for sure momentary ... whatever is not for sure is not.The momentariness is ever established in one's perception as the very perceptionitself. Once the momentariness of anything is established, how can intellect ofleast awareness can provide importance to the same as if to look for its nemesisin itself ... a wise person would never ever imbibe the permanence inmomentariness to start with ... and would never attempt to project themomentariness on the permanence either ... thus remains ever-established AS ISwherein the death had no place to reside.Once the realization of the reality - the reality of the actions, the reality ofthe thoughts, the reality of the desires, the reality of their abodes namelybody, mind and ego - dawns, the honor for the death raises to relieve itselffrom its own clutches and to lead the itself to its own death forever eventuallyas the intellect as well as all its existential associates retire to their abodeof their "AS IS" state where the very concept of change can no more play anyrole making all the rest of the concepts rooted in itself vanish to the oblivionwhere they came from to start with.The honor for the death was there - the very birth is its proof. The honor forthe death is ever present - the very life is its evidence. The honor for thedeath will be there - the very death is its confirmation. The deaths are theonly certainty as far as their notions harbor in one's monarchy of thoughts. THEDEATH of all the notional deaths is THE ONLY CERTAINTY when the ever-momentarynotions hovering in one's mind are left as they are - as momentary as they trulyare.The true honor for the death is its own death where no more need for honor ...and ... THAT can happen only HERE and NOW ...Iha chedavadeetatha satyamasti na chedihaavedeenmahatee vinashtih |Bhuteshu bhuteshu vichitya dheeraah pretyaasmaallokaadamritaa bhavanti ||One who honors THAT now, honors The TRUTH and hence honors everythingcategorically as is. Where there is ONLY HONOR nothing else can even take a peekthere! But one who cannot honor THAT, The Truth, carried away by the projectedreality of the ever-momentary perceptions, can never honor anything at all ...when The Everything is not honored, how can any of its constituents be honoredat all?! If The Honor does not raise now, no promise later ... If The Honor doesnot raise here, no promise anywhere else ... anything can happen as far as theperceptions are pursued ... have they ever given any clue for their own turnsand bends and twists? Can they ever alert us on their progress? Do they have anyclue of their own destiny in the first place? Therefore, my friend, the veryhonor to the momentariness forfeits any residue of honor within as we hideperpetually from THE ONLY TRUTH, THE ABSOLUTE. Therefore, let us pray ... tofollow the path of the wise ones who transcend the existential uncertainty toattain the natural certainty within ... let us pray ... let us pray for THEHONOR,Hiranmayena paatrena satyasyaapihitam mukham |Tattvam pooshannapaavrinu satyadharmaaya drishtaye ||O THE EVER-PRESENT! SHOW ME WHERE YOU ARE. I KNOW YOU ARE WHERE I AM. YET THETHE SEDUCTION OF THE ILLUSIVE IDENTITIES THAT ARE PERPETUALLY WEBBED BY THEPERCEPTIONS ARE PERPETUALLY HIDING YOU AS WELL AS ME. HELP TO REMOVE THE MASKS... HELP TO REMOVE THE VERY GRAVITATION TOWARD THESE MASKS ... HELP TO NEVER LETTHESE MASKS EVER CRYSTALLIZE TO THEIR DECEIVINGLY TRANSPARENT OPAQUENESS ...WHY? FOR I SEEK THE TRUTH ... FOR I SEEK THE TRUTH AND ONLY THE TRUTH AS WHATELSE CAN EVER EXIST?HELP ... HELP ... HELP.Respects.Naga Narayana.

------

We were always there and we shall always remain. Self which is our true identity shall always be there. Things that die are illusions and thus wither away. Therefore do not think about death. This human birth is the rarest of the rare. Only human beings have the capacity of knowing right from wrong. Therefore we should use our life to prepare ourselves for the ultimate goal of merger with the Parmatma or God, which is the true purpose of our existance.Hari Shanker Deo

----------

dear dear gee waman jee,

you want the answer true ?

QUESTION: I want to know from Geetaji, how can I prepare myself to honour my (body's) death gracefully.. The Answer True is " you cannot !"

the moment you accept this answer true , surrender happens ..... " Thy Will, Lord, not mine, be done" blossoms in you.............

and in this acceptance, in 'letting go' of the desire, ................. what you desire will happen by itself .........................

try it out ...this moment now ..................... Death is Now. Die !!................. and see how Krishna blesses you with divine Silence that is your desire !

Doubt it not................ gee waman jee ...................... be silent NOW. ...drop the desire ........... let go !

AUM

narinder bhandari

--------------------------------

DhanyAtman

One has to know only about his death. We can say, in a way, the essence of Gita is knowing of one's death. The Gita proclaims that no one can kill you, you cannot kill anybody, you cannot give happiness to others, others cannot make you happy, all the things in this world - around you - cannot make you happy nor you can make them happy, fire cannot burn you, wind cannot dry you ............ etc etc

There is no doubt here for anyone that i will be killed by anybody. Why I should fear that I will die in that way, I will die in this way, I will try by attack, I will die while in coma, etc

I want a pieceful death. this is quite genine wish. To achieve this is also quite very simple. Start looking into you, start studying about you, start thinking about your thinkings, see how interesting it will be. How many world at how many number of times you are creating in your own mind and you are getting into that world, you are living in that world, you are feeling happy to live in that world for some time and when you are feeling unhappy or no-piece, you are trying to get out of that world, you want to create your own another pieceful world but by that time, you become quite late. Dont create any world within you. Kindly start looking to all those imaginations, all those creations what you create in your mind and find that where all these are leading to, where all these are going to. You will find that it all end up as their own in a natural way. when you realise that, then you will realise that you have started to study you, to understand you. this will lead you to know about your leaving this physical body here very easily and you will not face any sufferings while leaving the body.

best wishes

vijayan

----

QUESTION: I want to know from Geetaji, how can I prepare myself to honour my (body's) death gracefully........Gee Waman.

Dear Gee Waman ji,

Your raising this issue gives an inexplicable type of contentment to me at least, may be because this terror of painful death affects us all.

I have read about the pessimistic German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer who had always been scared of death, who after reading Gita's German translation was virtually dancing with this Holy Book in his hand. Setting aside his pessimistic approach to life, atter reading the Gita, he had mentioned, "After your death you will be what you were before your birth" is a direct translation of Gita's 2/28 "AVYAKTADINI BHUTANI VYAKTMADHYANI BHARAT / AVYAKTNIDHANANYEV TATRA KA PRIVEDANA" (Beings un-manifest in the beginning, and un-manifest again in their end seem to be manifest in the middle, O Arjuna, what then is there to grieve about?). Shopenhauer further elaborated, Each day is a little life: every waking and rising a little birth, every fresh morning a little youth, every going to rest and sleep a little death.

Yet, we feel frustrated at the thought of death, because, first we physically estimate about the pains associated with agonizing death (not the peaceful one that you have pointed out), then we (with our "me" and "mine") make an emotional picture of the pains, and then we create an intellectual concept about death. Gita helps us develop a "spiritual level". While the first three ˜physical, emotional and intellectual levels" give us a feeling despondency and dejection, this is the ˜spiritual level" which yields a thrilling inspiration.

Many more learned Sadhaks on this forum will elaborate on this issue, so I will not go further. It may be interesting to know that the Holy Books says "God is life and God is death also".

Besides, please remember you are very much alive in the present, so do not think of the future. According to many mystical saints including our modern age sages like J. Krishnamurti and Nisargaduttji Maharaj "death is a wonderful phenomenon" which may look ugly and horrible to others, but may not be so to the dying persons/creatures.

After quoting the entire Sri Matbhaagwat, in the end the Seer coaxes the king Prikshit "O King, give up this animal-like mental conditioning (PASHU BUDDHI) that you will die".

Gita (2/69) is also worth mentioning here in a few days, Shrikan Joshi ji is going to touch this in his daily Geeta Sloka's interpretation - "YA NISHA SARVABHUTANAM, TASYAM JAGRITI SANYAMI / YASYAM JAGRITI BHUTANI SA NISHA PASHTO MUNEH" (That which is night is all beings, in that the self-controlled man keeps awake; where all beings are awake, that is the night for the Sage (Muni) who sees.)

Let us hear what more learned Sadhaks have to say.

Kind regards,

Suresh C Sharma

-----------

Dear Sadhak insight

I am eighty years old man.Perhaps my observation may be useful to you all.We should think that to day is the last day and hence whatever we have to do,please do it today.Offer prayers to God consistently with devotional payers and devotional songs in which we have to say that I have come to your door of heaven,please look at me,have mercy on me and please embody salvation to me.

Always surrender your self to Him. Say forgive my faults and sins if any

Look at me. Please observe me in you.

These are affirmation that we have to recite in songs and kind words

Recite your mantars/cystals for salvation. There are techniques with me.

Are you satisfied with this short technique

My best wishes for your liberation

Truly yours

Shankerprasad S Bhatt

-------------------------

Dear Geeta Sadhakas, NamaskarI read about Samadhi Is it equivalent to Death? Or can the Yogi come out ofSamadhi whenever he desires? or he can never come out of Samadhi?Is it allowed by law?The Great Thinkers of the Past(GTPs) conceived the procedure of Samadhi and ifit is equivalent to Death, then that is the most pious, honourable bliss to endyour abode or existence on this Planet Earth....Gee Waman

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limit the use to Sanskrit words and provide English wordbracketed.

MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

Guest guest

I know it very well that my death is inevitable. I am not at all scared of my death, but I, selfishly desire that I should die a peaceful death. Many persons die in sleep, coma or under anaesthesia. I call it a peacefuldeath. I do not know whether persons dieing under cardiac arrest die peacefully or theysuffer acute pain during those few seconds.

I was thinking on these lines for quite sometime only to reveal that there are a few different types of deaths, every lifeforms face a different type of death.

Some persons are killed...stabbed, shot, suffocated, drowned, burned, beheaded, hanged or tortured till they breathe their last.

Some persons get killed in accidents of various kinds... natural or manmade, fire, house collapse, mine accidents and the like...

I am, presently, quite normal... mentally but, I do not know whether, in future, I may come to a stage where I may end my life myself...

I just cannot immagine how a lifeform feels during those last moments..nobody returns to tell that story...

QUESTION: I want to know from Geetaji, how can I prepare myself to honour my (body's) death gracefully.....

....Gee Waman----------------------------

NEW POSTING

Dear Sadhak insight

Death comes unnoticed as a surprise.Hence we should sing devotional songs stating I am waiting for you to come and take me.I surrender myself and I am at your mercy.Remember and recite His names consistantly and consistently then almighty God will take our care.Whosoever recite names of Lord Krishna at the time of death will come to Him.Whatever we have to do,do it today and today only Never postpone any thing I am an old man of 85 years and always yearnng for God to take my care He comes nearer to me.

Are you convinced by my short notes about my feelings

Truly yours

S S Bhatt

----------------------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Bhattji, But we thought you were "Ishvar Ansh?" (ray of Paramatma's Consciousness) all this time...... from your past postings. Please clarify, who you really are? Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram

-----------------------

-Shree Hari-

Dear Sadhak Gee Waman,

Bhagavad Gita Chapter 2:

20. He is not born nor does he ever die; after having been, he again ceases not

to be. Unborn, eternal, changeless and ancient, he is not killed when the body

is killed,

22. Just as a man casts off worn-out clothes and puts on new ones, so also the

embodied Self casts off worn-out bodies and enters others that are new.

I am sure you know the above paste, as wrote, but do you 'KNOW' it by your soul.

You me every one has suffered every kind of death imaginable I am sure.

Sri Sathyanarayanji our brother has offered you a priceless gift, touched with

the Divine, some jewels are hard to find, sometimes they are offered.

With Respect and Divine Love,

Mike (Keenor)--------

-----------------------------

PRIOR POSTING

Dear Sadhak,Every sadhak prays for his/her death like this---"Etana to karna Swami, jab Praan tan se nikleGowinda naam lekar tab praan tan se nikleShree Gangaji ka tat ho, Yamuna ka bansibat hoMera Sanwara nikat ho..jab praan tan se nikle..peetambari kasi ho, chhavi man mein ye basi hoHothon pe kuch hansi ho..jab praan tan se nikle...(just do this little favour to me My Beloved,I call Govinda, yr name when I breath my lastAt the bank of holy Ganga, under the tree where you always play yr fluteO! my Beloved Krishna sits besides me, when I breathe my lastI have yr beautiful image in my heartand a little smile on my face, when I breathe my lastO my Beloved Krishna, just do this little favour to me... when I breathe my last.....

Pray this and just surrender to Him and accept whatever way it may come to us......

with Love,a sadhikaSadhna Karigar

----

Dear Sadaks,Sri J.Krishnamoorthy said that people NOT afraid of death but the suffering at death bed. Most men think of this. Sri Adi Sankara in 6th century has said about this in Baja Govindam-- 1St Verse-Baja Govindam Baja Govindam |

Govindam Baja Moodamate ||

Samprapte Sannihite Kaale |

Na Hi Na Hi Rakshati Dukrunkarane |

Worship Govinda, worship Govinda,O foolish one! Worship Govinda.The rules of grammar profit nothing,once the hour of death draws nigh.

Uncertain is the life of manAs rain-drops on a lotus leaf;The whole of human kind,is prey to grief and ego and diseases. Lost in play is the carefree stripling,Lost is his sweet-heart's charms, the youth;The old man broods upon his sorrowsNone, there is, alas, whose spirityearns to be lost in the Parabrahman. This line ends in Sanskrit as "Chinta Sakthahah" Means worried in old age. Everyday recite from the Gita,Chant the thousand names of Vishnu,Cherishing him within your heart,Take delight to be with the holy,

Please go to google site and type "Baja Govindam" The above from there.Sri Gee Waman-- you say you are normal and also say you may end life your self. Absolutely nothing wrong with you. As far I think you need some one to be in Sat Sangh (Divine company) Please tell me are you alone. I can surely help you to stay happy in divine company where you can command death by yourself. You can read your destiny and change it by the methods Saints and Yogies tought.In South India in last 200 years there were great men who gave wonderful insight.There is a Slokas from Krishna Astakam, starting from, ""Vasudevam Sutham Devam---" Keep telling them in mind. Iy clears your one crore birth sins. Easiest Way.Jai Sri KrishnaB.Sathyanarayan-----------------------------Namaste, Dear Sadhakas!Nothing selfish about wishing body to die peacefully, when it is seen as garment that needs to be changed as Gita teaches us! Just realize our Immortality, that's all! Most verses in Ch 2 deal with this by telling us what "we" are can/will never ever die, was not born either!If we get busy Realizing True Self, we wouldn't have to worry about death of the body. Whatever is going to happen at death, pain or easy way, is going to happen regardless. I know Wamanji knows it well too! However, we will be better served when that time comes, if we realize it now, the SELF that we are! As a matter of fact, death is the way God tells us that "my child, when your pain will become unbearable for the body, I will know it and make you free." Even if there were to be pain, it will be somehow managed without pain, I am sure! So, why worry now? I have learned that only "such thoughts" create worry in NOW, not actual pain at the time it happens! It is the nature of all worries/fears!Namaskar.........Pratap Bhatt---------------- to honor the death ... of the body ... of the actions ... of the thoughts ...

by realizing that it was dead to start with ... it is ever dying ever since ...from our perceptional point of view from the stand point of the mind.

by realizing that there was never a death and is never there and can never bethere ever ... from the existential point of view from the standpoint of thebody.

by realizing that ... one that is ever present makes all the vocabulary hoveringaround the death obsolete pushing the very concept of the death to the oblivionby being itself as everything as ever ... from the standpoint of the spiritwithin.

Indriyaanaam prithagbhaavam udayaastamayou cha yat |Prithagutpadyamaanaanaam mattvaa dheero na shochati ||

Whatever is momentary is for sure momentary ... whatever is not for sure is not.The momentariness is ever established in one's perception as the very perceptionitself. Once the momentariness of anything is established, how can intellect ofleast awareness can provide importance to the same as if to look for its nemesisin itself ... a wise person would never ever imbibe the permanence inmomentariness to start with ... and would never attempt to project themomentariness on the permanence either ... thus remains ever-established AS ISwherein the death had no place to reside.

Once the realization of the reality - the reality of the actions, the reality ofthe thoughts, the reality of the desires, the reality of their abodes namelybody, mind and ego - dawns, the honor for the death raises to relieve itselffrom its own clutches and to lead the itself to its own death forever eventuallyas the intellect as well as all its existential associates retire to their abodeof their "AS IS" state where the very concept of change can no more play anyrole making all the rest of the concepts rooted in itself vanish to the oblivionwhere they came from to start with.

The honor for the death was there - the very birth is its proof. The honor forthe death is ever present - the very life is its evidence. The honor for thedeath will be there - the very death is its confirmation. The deaths are theonly certainty as far as their notions harbor in one's monarchy of thoughts. THEDEATH of all the notional deaths is THE ONLY CERTAINTY when the ever-momentarynotions hovering in one's mind are left as they are - as momentary as they trulyare.

The true honor for the death is its own death where no more need for honor ...and ... THAT can happen only HERE and NOW ...

Iha chedavadeetatha satyamasti na chedihaavedeenmahatee vinashtih |Bhuteshu bhuteshu vichitya dheeraah pretyaasmaallokaadamritaa bhavanti ||

One who honors THAT now, honors The TRUTH and hence honors everythingcategorically as is. Where there is ONLY HONOR nothing else can even take a peekthere! But one who cannot honor THAT, The Truth, carried away by the projectedreality of the ever-momentary perceptions, can never honor anything at all ...when The Everything is not honored, how can any of its constituents be honoredat all?! If The Honor does not raise now, no promise later ... If The Honor doesnot raise here, no promise anywhere else ... anything can happen as far as theperceptions are pursued ... have they ever given any clue for their own turnsand bends and twists? Can they ever alert us on their progress? Do they have anyclue of their own destiny in the first place? Therefore, my friend, the veryhonor to the momentariness forfeits any residue of honor within as we hideperpetually from THE ONLY TRUTH, THE ABSOLUTE. Therefore, let us pray ... tofollow the path of the wise ones who transcend the existential uncertainty toattain the natural certainty within ... let us pray ... let us pray for THEHONOR,

Hiranmayena paatrena satyasyaapihitam mukham |Tattvam pooshannapaavrinu satyadharmaaya drishtaye ||

O THE EVER-PRESENT! SHOW ME WHERE YOU ARE. I KNOW YOU ARE WHERE I AM. YET THETHE SEDUCTION OF THE ILLUSIVE IDENTITIES THAT ARE PERPETUALLY WEBBED BY THEPERCEPTIONS ARE PERPETUALLY HIDING YOU AS WELL AS ME. HELP TO REMOVE THE MASKS... HELP TO REMOVE THE VERY GRAVITATION TOWARD THESE MASKS ... HELP TO NEVER LETTHESE MASKS EVER CRYSTALLIZE TO THEIR DECEIVINGLY TRANSPARENT OPAQUENESS ...WHY? FOR I SEEK THE TRUTH ... FOR I SEEK THE TRUTH AND ONLY THE TRUTH AS WHATELSE CAN EVER EXIST?

HELP ... HELP ... HELP.

Respects.

Naga Narayana.

------We were always there and we shall always remain. Self which is our true identity shall always be there. Things that die are illusions and thus wither away. Therefore do not think about death. This human birth is the rarest of the rare. Only human beings have the capacity of knowing right from wrong. Therefore we should use our life to prepare ourselves for the ultimate goal of merger with the Parmatma or God, which is the true purpose of our existance.Hari Shanker Deo ---------- dear dear gee waman jee,you want the answer true ? QUESTION: I want to know from Geetaji, how can I prepare myself to honour my (body's) death gracefully.. The Answer True is " you cannot !" the moment you accept this answer true , surrender happens ..... " Thy Will, Lord, not mine, be done" blossoms in you............. and in this acceptance, in 'letting go' of the desire, ................. what you desire will happen by itself ......................... try it out ...this moment now ..................... Death is Now. Die !!................. and see how Krishna blesses you with divine Silence that is your desire ! Doubt it not................ gee waman jee ...................... be silent NOW. ...drop the desire ........... let go ! AUMnarinder bhandari--------------------------------DhanyAtman One has to know only about his death. We can say, in a way, the essence of Gita is knowing of one's death. The Gita proclaims that no one can kill you, you cannot kill anybody, you cannot give happiness to others, others cannot make you happy, all the things in this world - around you - cannot make you happy nor you can make them happy, fire cannot burn you, wind cannot dry you ............ etc etc There is no doubt here for anyone that i will be killed by anybody. Why I should fear that I will die in that way, I will die in this way, I will try by attack, I will die while in coma, etc I want a pieceful death. this is quite genine wish. To achieve this is also quite very simple. Start looking into you, start studying about you, start thinking about your thinkings, see how interesting it will be. How many world at how many number of times you are creating in your own mind and you are getting into that world, you are living in that world, you are feeling happy to live in that world for some time and when you are feeling unhappy or no-piece, you are trying to get out of that world, you want to create your own another pieceful world but by that time, you become quite late. Dont create any world within you. Kindly start looking to all those imaginations, all those creations what you create in your mind and find that where all these are leading to, where all these are going to. You will find that it all end up as their own in a natural way. when you realise that, then you will realise that you have started to study you, to understand you. this will lead you to know about your leaving this physical body here very easily and you will not face any sufferings while leaving the body. best wishesvijayan----QUESTION: I want to know from Geetaji, how can I prepare myself to honour my (body's) death gracefully........Gee Waman.

Dear Gee Waman ji,

Your raising this issue gives an inexplicable type of contentment to me at least, may be because this terror of painful death affects us all.

I have read about the pessimistic German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer who had always been scared of death, who after reading Gita's German translation was virtually dancing with this Holy Book in his hand. Setting aside his pessimistic approach to life, atter reading the Gita, he had mentioned, "After your death you will be what you were before your birth" is a direct translation of Gita's 2/28 "AVYAKTADINI BHUTANI VYAKTMADHYANI BHARAT / AVYAKTNIDHANANYEV TATRA KA PRIVEDANA" (Beings un-manifest in the beginning, and un-manifest again in their end seem to be manifest in the middle, O Arjuna, what then is there to grieve about?). Shopenhauer further elaborated, Each day is a little life: every waking and rising a little birth, every fresh morning a little youth, every going to rest and sleep a little death.

Yet, we feel frustrated at the thought of death, because, first we physically estimate about the pains associated with agonizing death (not the peaceful one that you have pointed out), then we (with our "me" and "mine") make an emotional picture of the pains, and then we create an intellectual concept about death. Gita helps us develop a "spiritual level". While the first three ˜physical, emotional and intellectual levels" give us a feeling despondency and dejection, this is the ˜spiritual level" which yields a thrilling inspiration.

Many more learned Sadhaks on this forum will elaborate on this issue, so I will not go further. It may be interesting to know that the Holy Books says "God is life and God is death also".

Besides, please remember you are very much alive in the present, so do not think of the future. According to many mystical saints including our modern age sages like J. Krishnamurti and Nisargaduttji Maharaj "death is a wonderful phenomenon" which may look ugly and horrible to others, but may not be so to the dying persons/creatures.

After quoting the entire Sri Matbhaagwat, in the end the Seer coaxes the king Prikshit "O King, give up this animal-like mental conditioning (PASHU BUDDHI) that you will die".

Gita (2/69) is also worth mentioning here in a few days, Shrikan Joshi ji is going to touch this in his daily Geeta Sloka's interpretation - "YA NISHA SARVABHUTANAM, TASYAM JAGRITI SANYAMI / YASYAM JAGRITI BHUTANI SA NISHA PASHTO MUNEH" (That which is night is all beings, in that the self-controlled man keeps awake; where all beings are awake, that is the night for the Sage (Muni) who sees.)

Let us hear what more learned Sadhaks have to say.

Kind regards,

Suresh C Sharma

-----------

Dear Sadhak insight I am eighty years old man.Perhaps my observation may be useful to you all.We should think that to day is the last day and hence whatever we have to do,please do it today.Offer prayers to God consistently with devotional payers and devotional songs in which we have to say that I have come to your door of heaven,please look at me,have mercy on me and please embody salvation to me.Always surrender your self to Him. Say forgive my faults and sins if anyLook at me. Please observe me in you. These are affirmation that we have to recite in songs and kind wordsRecite your mantars/cystals for salvation. There are techniques with me.Are you satisfied with this short techniqueMy best wishes for your liberationTruly yours Shankerprasad S Bhatt-------------------------Dear Geeta Sadhakas, Namaskar

I read about Samadhi Is it equivalent to Death? Or can the Yogi come out ofSamadhi whenever he desires? or he can never come out of Samadhi?

Is it allowed by law?

The Great Thinkers of the Past(GTPs) conceived the procedure of Samadhi and ifit is equivalent to Death, then that is the most pious, honourable bliss to endyour abode or existence on this Planet Earth.

....Gee Waman

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limit the use to Sanskrit words and provide English wordbracketed.

MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -