IndiaDivine.org

On Association with Truth and Holy Company - SATSANG

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

QUESTIONS:

1) I am confused about doing satsang. What exactly is satsang per Swamiji?

2) How can I get satsang?

3) In organizations, the Archarya becomes the main focus. Swamiji focuses on eternal principles and not the perishable body, a person etc. Faith in a perishable can lead to our downfall is my understanding of Swamiji's message. Please help clarify Swamiji's perspective?

At His service,Gaurav Mittal

---

DETAILED QUESTION I am confused about doing satsang.

I understand satsang as doing devotional activities together. Generally, in satsang we associate with more advanced person. Glories of the devotees of Lord are explained in our sastras. How can I get satsang? Generally, in America it means associating with some organisation. In these organisation, the founder of them and the current acharyas are worshipped. Sometimes, they become main focus.Swami Ramsukhdas writes in ek sant ki vasiyat, "We should have faith (sradha) over eternal principle and not on perishable body or name. Sradha on perishable body or name results in illusion. When this illusion take form of sradha, it creates disaster. Apart from worshiping eternal, divine and spiritual form of Bhagavan and remembrance of His eternal names, giving importance to perishable bodies and names not only wastes our life but also is like cheating our own self."From above statement, I see many of these organisations focusing on human worship. How should one associate with such organisations? I want to mainly follow Swamiji's teachings. I would like to know more about it. As I have not personally associated with Swamiji, I don't have clear understanding of Swamiji's views. I am more interested in knowing Swami Ramsukhdasji's understanding related to satsang.At His service,Gaurav Mittal

---

-Shree Hari-Dear Brethren,In , a divine company indeed, The Guru as I see it is Swami Ramsukhdasji, he is presented by these posts, and within the Satsang by those who were close to him when he was in body.Sometimes when I read some of Swamaji's words, my heart jumps for joy, his words often excite me.The site IS the authority of which is Sri Krishna by means of Gitaji, we humble Sadhaks are attempting to raise ourselves spiritually, as it were, by means of THAT divine authority in Satsang under the guidance of the Beloved Swami Ramsukhdasji.So if sometimes we carry on like little children, I am sure we are forgiven for our weaknesses, so long as we are focused on Bhagwan, his grace will heal our wounds.I have noticed a change in myself, a 'Spiritual cleansing' is the best way I can put.In appreciation.With Respect and Divine Love,Mike (Keenor).

--

Hari OmThere are no pre requisites for turning towards Paramatma (Satsanga). By whatever way, howsoever- simply turn towards Him. Rest everything will take care of itself. The advent of Satsanga in life automatically addresses everything. Important is therefore Satsanga. What difference does it make to you whether others have faults? You are AMAL ( faultless) by very nature. You turn towards the God. More than enough.Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B

--------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Please read related TOPIC -

Satsang - Reading versus Practice; Web versus Physically Coming Together

/message/2074

From Gita Talk Moderators Ram Ram

---------

22nd April, 2009, WednesdayBaisaakh Krishna Dvaadashi, Vikram Samvat 2066, Budhvar

:Shree Hari:Ram Ram

GIST: Any which way that one can become closer to God (Truth), it is Satsang. True satsang is absorbing what is being said by the holy one and at that very moment becoming established in that Truth. Devotee gain more from satsang than worldly people. It is not a good thing to see faults or speak negatively aboutthe teacher, and at the same time continuing Satsang with them. Quietly remove yourself from the company of the teacher. There will be no gain in this association.Association with Truth - SATSANGQuestion: What is the essential properties or charateristics of a Satsang (association with Truth)?

Swamiji: Selfless love for the essential Truth (Paramatma, God) is Satsang and selfless love for a Self-Realized Soul is also Satsang. Sitting in front of a realized soul is also satsang. Becoming detached from the world is also satsang. The point is that in any which way that one can become closer to God, it is Satsang.Question: "Tulsi sangat sadhu ki, kataiyye koti aparaadh" - what is true association of a sadhu (saintly person)?

Swamiji: True association with a saint is no different than becoming one with that one (saint, sadhu). Becoming one, means that attentively and with total alertness listening and absorbing what the holy one is saying and at that very moment becoming established in that Truth. Their advice / messages should notbe left for imbibing sometime in the future or leaving it for further contemplation or study. If there is any doubts or ambiguity or lack of clarity in their message, then at that very moment gain clarification; or elsecontemplate on the message in solitude and become steadfast and firm in the new learnings.Question: Worldly people attend Satsangs and often devotees / spiritual aspirants do not attend satsangs, instead they stay at home worshipping God. What is the reason for this ?

Swamiji: If worldly people are also able to attend Satsang, it is God's grace and if a spiritual aspirant or a devotee is not attending satsang, it is due to his lack of intense longing for satsang. But on receiving satsang, worldly people are not able to significantly gain from them, whereas a spiritual aspirant, a devotee of God, even if he attends a single satsang he can gain immensely from them. This is because following one's own spiritual practices is like working hard and struggling to earn one's wages and acquire wealth, whereasdoing satsang is like being adopted by a rich man and sitting on his lap. The one sitting on the lap, automatically becomes eligible beneficiary of the rich man's wealth.Question: Some people regularly attend Satsangs, but after sometime they leave it. Does fate have anything to do with this?

Swamiji: No, fate is not the reason. There are two reasons - the individual begins to see faults in the one who they are in Satsang with and they begin to associate with bad company. Within us there are evil inborn faculties and imperfections, which cause us to be influenced by bad company. Just like those individuals that are strongly infatuated and attached to women, only they are affected and influenced by the presence of women. Just like those that are attached to money and wealth, only they are influenced by rich people andwealth. It is not a good thing seeing faults in your teacher (Guru), yet continuing in satsang with them out of fear or embarrassment from society / others. There will be no gain in this association. Rather in such situations, without speaking negatively about that person, quietly one must remove themself from their company. After that, one must not engage in a relationship with anyone else.From "Prashno Uttermanimala" in Hindi by Swami Ramsukhdasji

Ram Ram

--

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -

1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limit the use to Sanskrit words and provide English wordbracketed.

MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

Guest guest

QUESTIONS:

3) In organizations, the Archarya becomes the main focus. Swamiji focuses on eternal principles and not the perishable body, a person etc. Faith in a perishable can lead to our downfall is my understanding of Swamiji's message. Please help clarify Swamiji's perspective?

---

NEW POSTING

Hari OmGauravji ! Welcome !! You asked as to how you can get satsang. The answer is simple. You are already among Satsangis. This Gita Talk Group is REAL SATSANGA !! As one of our gems Mike Keenor told, here the people "really" change. In the deliberations here only one thing prevails in the end - TRUTH - SAT !! Yes, living the principles of Gitaji as laid down by Swamiji Ramsukhdasji Maharaj. He never made any chellas ( disciples). He believed that the real Guru is "Conscience" (Bhagwaan Himself) living within each of us. But things are worsening out here in the world, as predicted by the Scriptures of Sanatan Dharma (e g Ramcharitmanas). We are in Kaliyuga. Now people call themselves to be Gods, to be Gurus and Sadgurus - but what is their aim? Sometimes is feels like their aim is to get money/respect from gullible believers ! The world must understand that those who want money / subscriptions / respect ; those who claim to be God Realised Souls; those who advertise their presence, those who guarantee spiritual progress in consideration of your becoming their chellas (disciples), those who let their photos put in your bed rooms or around your necks or in your sadhana places, those who themselves live lavishly, those who are very particular about the chairs on which they sit, those whose ashrams, maths, paandals, places look more like "shops" (books/magazines/ enrolment forms, beads, some even sell herbals and medicines, donation boxes) ; those who let special designations attributed to them ( Bhagwaan, Pujya, Guru, Jagadguru, Acharya, etc) , those who demand / expect ANYTHING from you ..... They are not GURUS , rather they are BEGGARS. Never get enticed by them. What can that person give you who himself needs something from you- even if that is attention or respect or chellahood from you. Believe me, you are now at right place. Here you will find ultimately absolutely faultless advices from those who are striving to become so , and who have experience. The battery of sadhaks here is out of divine will only. It is not planned, it has evolved of its own. It has no selfish motives and no hidden agendas. Here the sadhaks deliberate out of sheer love of Divine,(many times like children as Mike Keenor told) and draw strength from immortal principles enumerated in abundance for welfare of entire humanity by one of the greatest Saints who ever walked on the planet since this world has come into existence - Param Shraddheya Swamiji Shri Ramsukhdasji Maharaj. Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B

----------

shree Hari:Ram Ram Gauravjee!1. satsang is sat kaa sang (association with Real, Truth, Divinity, Imperishable, Paramatma) (from prashnottar manimaalaa).2. Not indulging in kusang or renouncing kusang (unreal, bad company, untruth, perishable) is itself satsang (asat kaa tyaag hee sat kaa sang hai - (from amarataa kaa anubhav page 143 of maanavamaatrakekalyaanake liye)3. swamijee never supported vyaktipoojaa (worship of a particular person), not even his own . Only 'bhaav' (sentiments) is to be accepted. "Ek santakee vaseeyat" is a complete encyclopedia forguidance by following what is said therein.Ram Ram Ramjee.Kachchaa Saadhaka Sarvottam.

------------------------------

Jai HanumanSwamiji would often say:JO TU CHELLA DEH KAA , TO DEH KHEH KI KHAAN !JO TU CHELLA SABDA KAA, TO SABDA MAIN BRAHMA GYAAN !!If you are follower/disciple of body then know that body belongs only to the dust. If you are follower of words (principles) then know that their lies ultimate knowledge.Beware , O Divine Participants of so called Gurus/Yogis/Bhagwaans, who are spreading like disease in every nook and corner, with hands that appear to be "giving" but actually holding begging bowls . They insist that Guru is a must for God Realisation, and they are direct agents/licence holders of God. Keep away. Remember : Just as parrot comes of its own as soon as fruit ripens,similarly, if you are a serious striver, then Gurus will come to you by operation of Laws of Nature. Guru will search you, you need not. Gauravji ! You are in Satsanga only. Stay put.Namaste JeeJee JeeShashikala

--

Dear Sadaks,

Sat is THAT which never changes, ever remaining in simple form GOD. Getting united (Sangh) with Sat (God) is Sat Sangh. One who imparts knowledge, shows direction in Sadhana, clears all doubts in mind about everything known and unknown is Guru.Jai Sri KrishnaB.Sathyanarayan ---

PRIOR POSTING

DETAILED QUESTION

I am confused about doing satsang.

I understand satsang as doing devotional activities together. Generally, in satsang we associate with more advanced person. Glories of the devotees of Lord are explained in our sastras. How can I get satsang?

Generally, in America it means associating with some organisation. In these organisation, the founder of them and the current acharyas are worshipped. Sometimes, they become main focus.

Swami Ramsukhdas writes in ek sant ki vasiyat, "We should have faith (sradha) over eternal principle and not on perishable body or name. Sradha on perishable body or name results in illusion. When this illusion take form of sradha, it creates disaster. Apart from worshiping eternal, divine and spiritual form of Bhagavan and remembrance of His eternal names, giving importance to perishable bodies and names not only wastes our life but also is like cheating our own self."

From above statement, I see many of these organisations focusing on human worship. How should one associate with such organisations? I want to mainly follow Swamiji's teachings.

I would like to know more about it. As I have not personally associated with Swamiji, I don't have clear understanding of Swamiji's views. I am more interested in knowing Swami Ramsukhdasji's understanding related to satsang.

---

-Shree Hari-

Dear Brethren,

In , a divine company indeed, The Guru as I see it is Swami Ramsukhdasji, he is presented by these posts, and within the Satsang by those who were close to him when he was in body.

Sometimes when I read some of Swamaji's words, my heart jumps for joy, his words often excite me.

The site IS the authority of which is Sri Krishna by means of Gitaji, we humble Sadhaks are attempting to raise ourselves spiritually, as it were, by means of THAT divine authority in Satsang under the guidance of the Beloved Swami Ramsukhdasji.

So if sometimes we carry on like little children, I am sure we are forgiven for our weaknesses, so long as we are focused on Bhagwan, his grace will heal our wounds.

I have noticed a change in myself, a 'Spiritual cleansing' is the best way I can put.

In appreciation.With Respect and Divine Love,

Mike (Keenor).

--

Hari Om

There are no pre requisites for turning towards Paramatma (Satsanga). By whatever way, howsoever- simply turn towards Him. Rest everything will take care of itself. The advent of Satsanga in life automatically addresses everything. Important is therefore Satsanga. What difference does it make to you whether others have faults? You are AMAL ( faultless) by very nature. You turn towards the God. More than enough.

Jai Shree Krishna

Vyas N B

--------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

/message/2074

---------

22nd April, 2009, WednesdayBaisaakh Krishna Dvaadashi, Vikram Samvat 2066, Budhvar

GIST: Any which way that one can become closer to God (Truth), it is Satsang. True satsang is absorbing what is being said by the holy one and at that very moment becoming established in that Truth. Devotee gain more from satsang than worldly people. It is not a good thing to see faults or speak negatively aboutthe teacher, and at the same time continuing Satsang with them. Quietly remove yourself from the company of the teacher. There will be no gain in this association.

Association with Truth - SATSANG

Question: What is the essential properties or charateristics of a Satsang (association with Truth)?

Swamiji: Selfless love for the essential Truth (Paramatma, God) is Satsang and selfless love for a Self-Realized Soul is also Satsang. Sitting in front of a realized soul is also satsang. Becoming detached from the world is also satsang. The point is that in any which way that one can become closer to God, it is Satsang.

Question: "Tulsi sangat sadhu ki, kataiyye koti aparaadh" - what is true association of a sadhu (saintly person)?

Swamiji: True association with a saint is no different than becoming one with that one (saint, sadhu). Becoming one, means that attentively and with total alertness listening and absorbing what the holy one is saying and at that very moment becoming established in that Truth. Their advice / messages should notbe left for imbibing sometime in the future or leaving it for further contemplation or study. If there is any doubts or ambiguity or lack of clarity in their message, then at that very moment gain clarification; or elsecontemplate on the message in solitude and become steadfast and firm in the new learnings.

Question: Worldly people attend Satsangs and often devotees / spiritual aspirants do not attend satsangs, instead they stay at home worshipping God. What is the reason for this ?

Swamiji: If worldly people are also able to attend Satsang, it is God's grace and if a spiritual aspirant or a devotee is not attending satsang, it is due to his lack of intense longing for satsang. But on receiving satsang, worldly people are not able to significantly gain from them, whereas a spiritual aspirant, a devotee of God, even if he attends a single satsang he can gain immensely from them. This is because following one's own spiritual practices is like working hard and struggling to earn one's wages and acquire wealth, whereasdoing satsang is like being adopted by a rich man and sitting on his lap. The one sitting on the lap, automatically becomes eligible beneficiary of the rich man's wealth.

Question: Some people regularly attend Satsangs, but after sometime they leave it. Does fate have anything to do with this?

Swamiji: No, fate is not the reason. There are two reasons - the individual begins to see faults in the one who they are in Satsang with and they begin to associate with bad company. Within us there are evil inborn faculties and imperfections, which cause us to be influenced by bad company. Just like those individuals that are strongly infatuated and attached to women, only they are affected and influenced by the presence of women. Just like those that are attached to money and wealth, only they are influenced by rich people andwealth. It is not a good thing seeing faults in your teacher (Guru), yet continuing in satsang with them out of fear or embarrassment from society / others. There will be no gain in this association. Rather in such situations, without speaking negatively about that person, quietly one must remove themself from their company. After that, one must not engage in a relationship with anyone else.

From "Prashno Uttermanimala" in Hindi by Swami Ramsukhdasji

Ram Ram

--

1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limit the use to Sanskrit words and provide English wordbracketed.

Guest guest

QUESTIONS:

---

NEW POSTING

Jai HanumanA real satsanga is also "addictive" ! During our vacations this time, we noticed that we were very eager to catch hold of GT site, particularly the sadhak messages coinciding with the Qs asked. Satsanga has capacity to become a part of your thoughts, daily routine ..... there is no doubt on the same. Namaste JeeJee JeeShashikala

------------

- Shree Hari- Dear Gauravji,Nine years ago we moved 2000 miles across the country. And once settled tried topick up where we left off regarding things spiritual.But things were not the same, for one thing all that happened in our previouslife in Victoria was an unfolding without intellectual thought, a series ofamazing coincidences.We, that is my wife and I were like the proverbial square pegs in round holes.What brought things into focus for us, was on nice warm day, I donned my widebrimmed hat, and we went off to an outdoor festival, spiritual, new age and allthat.Now please understand this, this is not ego speaking, because I know that I amchild walking among giants at this Satsang; but we kept going from stall tostall, and ask questions, and I found we were being asked questions by the stallholders, we gave far more than was given.When we returned home, my wife said to me, "We don't need any of this stuff, Godis in us, and will guide us from within, God will give us what is needed". (Mywife just wondered in as I was typing the last paragraph, and read it, andsaid,"Yes you don't go looking).This is reflected in Jee Jee Shashikalaji's statement below:'Remember : Just as parrot comes of its own as soon as fruit ripens,similarly,if you are a serious striver, then Gurus will come to you by operation of Lawsof Nature. Guru will search you, you need not.'And by Brother Vyas:'......Swamiji Ramsukhdasji Maharaj. He never made any chellas ( disciples). Hebelieved that the real Guru is "Conscience" (Bhagwaan Himself) living withineach of us.'You see I felt I was in a wilderness, but in reality I was in a verdant garden,I just had to allow my eyes to be opened by 'The Divine Beloved', and let HIMguide me. In some ways my wife is ahead of me it seems, and I suspect SisterShashikalaji, would not be the least bit surprised.But in summery you and I Gauravji, have both been guided to this site, byBeloved Bhagwan, and the Spiritual voice of Swamiji we can hear at this place.With Respect and Divine Love,Mike Keenor

-----------

Narain! Narain !!

BINU SATSANG VIVEKA NA HOI

Without Satsanga, conscience inside you does not fully awaken. Right. But that does not mean any Guru can make it awaken. Association with truth is automatic , once you renounce untruth ! Have noble desires in you, and Gurus will keep coming to you. KRISHNAM VANDE JAGADGURUM . Narain is the Guru of entire world. There is no need of any other Guru in spiritual life. Most of them are beggars only. Watch out keenly the conduct of those who advocate the need for Guru to Sadhaks.

Narain ! Narain !!

Naarad N Maharshi

Narain! Narain !!

Without Satsanga, conscience inside you does not fully awaken. Right. But that does not mean any Guru can make it awaken. Association with truth is automatic , once you renounce untruth ! Have noble desires in you, and Gurus will keep coming to you. KRISHNAM VANDE JAGADGURUM . Narain is the Guru of entire world. There is no need of any other Guru in spiritual life. Most of them are beggars only. Watch out keenly the conduct of those who advocate the need for Guru to Sadhaks.

Narain ! Narain !!

Naarad N Maharshi

-----------------

Narain! Narain !!

Narain ! Narain !!

Naarad N Maharshi

Shree Krishna

In Kaliyuga it is very easy to fall in the trap of so called Babas, Gurus, Sadgurus, Pandits, etc. I perfectly agree with views of Respected Vyasji and Jee Jee Shashikalaji in this regard. FAKE gurus cheat people by taking advantage of their "belief". Every human has got this power of belief. "To believe" is natural in a human, hence there is need of a caution here. If one goes through this Divine web site and reads the past postings, a lot of literature will come to light. Intense discussions have taken place. I request sadhaks to read the same, and find out for themselves that those sadhaks who vehemently advocated need for a Guru for spiritual advancement, actually, from the knowledge reflected by them - does Guru appears to be of any help. I mean those who stated Guru is a must, did they have better understanding or knowledge than those who did not have any Gurus? NO ! Hence we should be very careful. THERE ARE NO LICENCE HOLDERS OF GOD. Self only realises Self.

Let me tell that women are more prone to fall in these traps. Reason being that they have more belief in them than males. ( We normally find ladies are more devoted to God than males- Devotion is output of belief) I have seen many homes destroyed due to ladies visiting Babas, Gurus and Sadgurus. Ladies are innocent but their belief system gets fuelled by sorrows which they encounter in their marital life due to operation of Law of Karma. Hence a special care is needed in this respect.

Gauravji ! In fact you have already found real Satsanga Forum. Not only Mike Keenor changed a lot, due to this forum but many others changed. I after becoming member of this GT Group studied all past postings, thoroughly. Catherine Anderson, Naga Narain, Pratap Bhatt, Deosharan Bisnauth, Krishna Narinedath, Mrs G K Bala, Suresh Sharma, Sophia, and many many others- they all benefitted immensely out of this Group , which has as its source Divine Gita and guidance of Swamiji Shri Ramsukhdasji Maharaj. I noted that the views of Naga Narain about "surrender" changed totally after intense deliberations on this forum. I have no hesitation in stating that with the regular contributors like Vyas N B, Miraji Dass, Mike Keenor, Shashikalaji, B Sathyanarainji. Madanji Kaura, Varunji, Sarvottamji, Raja Gurdasaniji, Pratapji Bhatt, Manjulaji, Sadhanaji, Nandaji, Deosharanji, Krishna Narine dathji, Catherine Anderson, G Vaidynathanji, Sureshji Sharma, etc etc - this is the BEST SATSANGA FORUM in the entire planet. There cant be a better forum than this. How Divine is the fact that this forum evolved of its own !!

In appreciation

Swami Rupesh Kumar

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Dear Narayana ! .... why exclude us?!!!! Why the need for names and exclusion of others ? After all - " Vasudeva Sarvam". Bhagwaan has confirmed in the Gita ! He has lead us to the ULTIMATE TRUTH and this Truth has been reinforced by Swami Maharajji. SO!!!!!! would you please kindly oblige ...!!!! .. Narayana? Narayana Narayana Narayana !

Ram Ram

PRIOR POSTING

Hari Om

Gauravji ! Welcome !! You asked as to how you can get satsang. The answer is simple. You are already among Satsangis. This Gita Talk Group is REAL SATSANGA !! As one of our gems Mike Keenor told, here the people "really" change. In the deliberations here only one thing prevails in the end - TRUTH - SAT !! Yes, living the principles of Gitaji as laid down by Swamiji Ramsukhdasji Maharaj. He never made any chellas ( disciples). He believed that the real Guru is "Conscience" (Bhagwaan Himself) living within each of us.

But things are worsening out here in the world, as predicted by the Scriptures of Sanatan Dharma (e g Ramcharitmanas). We are in Kaliyuga. Now people call themselves to be Gods, to be Gurus and Sadgurus - but what is their aim? Sometimes is feels like their aim is to get money/respect from gullible believers ! The world must understand that those who want money / subscriptions / respect ; those who claim to be God Realised Souls; those who advertise their presence, those who guarantee spiritual progress in consideration of your becoming their chellas (disciples), those who let their photos put in your bed rooms or around your necks or in your sadhana places, those who themselves live lavishly, those who are very particular about the chairs on which they sit, those whose ashrams, maths, paandals, places look more like "shops" (books/magazines/ enrolment forms, beads, some even sell herbals and medicines, donation boxes) ; those who let special designations attributed to them ( Bhagwaan, Pujya, Guru, Jagadguru, Acharya, etc) , those who demand / expect ANYTHING from you ..... They are not GURUS , rather they are BEGGARS. Never get enticed by them. What can that person give you who himself needs something from you- even if that is attention or respect or chellahood from you.

Believe me, you are now at right place. Here you will find ultimately absolutely faultless advices from those who are striving to become so , and who have experience. The battery of sadhaks here is out of divine will only. It is not planned, it has evolved of its own. It has no selfish motives and no hidden agendas. Here the sadhaks deliberate out of sheer love of Divine,(many times like children as Mike Keenor told) and draw strength from immortal principles enumerated in abundance for welfare of entire humanity by one of the greatest Saints who ever walked on the planet since this world has come into existence - Param Shraddheya Swamiji Shri Ramsukhdasji Maharaj.

Jai Shree Krishna

Vyas N B

----------

shree Hari:

Ram Ram Gauravjee!

1. satsang is sat kaa sang (association with Real, Truth, Divinity, Imperishable, Paramatma) (from prashnottar manimaalaa).

2. Not indulging in kusang or renouncing kusang (unreal, bad company, untruth, perishable) is itself satsang (asat kaa tyaag hee sat kaa sang hai - (from amarataa kaa anubhav page 143 of maanavamaatrakekalyaanake liye)

3. swamijee never supported vyaktipoojaa (worship of a particular person), not even his own . Only 'bhaav' (sentiments) is to be accepted. "Ek santakee vaseeyat" is a complete encyclopedia forguidance by following what is said therein.

Ram Ram Ramjee.

Kachchaa Saadhaka Sarvottam.

Jai Hanuman

Swamiji would often say:

JO TU CHELLA DEH KAA , TO DEH KHEH KI KHAAN !

JO TU CHELLA SABDA KAA, TO SABDA MAIN BRAHMA GYAAN !!

If you are follower/disciple of body then know that body belongs only to the dust. If you are follower of words (principles) then know that their lies ultimate knowledge.

Beware , O Divine Participants of so called Gurus/Yogis/Bhagwaans, who are spreading like disease in every nook and corner, with hands that appear to be "giving" but actually holding begging bowls . They insist that Guru is a must for God Realisation, and they are direct agents/licence holders of God. Keep away. Remember : Just as parrot comes of its own as soon as fruit ripens,similarly, if you are a serious striver, then Gurus will come to you by operation of Laws of Nature. Guru will search you, you need not.

Gauravji ! You are in Satsanga only. Stay put.

Namaste Jee

Jee JeeShashikala

--

Dear Sadaks,

Sat is THAT which never changes, ever remaining in simple form GOD. Getting united (Sangh) with Sat (God) is Sat Sangh. One who imparts knowledge, shows direction in Sadhana, clears all doubts in mind about everything known and unknown is Guru.Jai Sri KrishnaB.Sathyanarayan

---

PRIOR POSTING

DETAILED QUESTION

I understand satsang as doing devotional activities together. Generally, in satsang we associate with more advanced person. Glories of the devotees of Lord are explained in our sastras. How can I get satsang?

Generally, in America it means associating with some organisation. In these organisation, the founder of them and the current acharyas are worshipped. Sometimes, they become main focus.

Swami Ramsukhdas writes in ek sant ki vasiyat, "We should have faith (sradha) over eternal principle and not on perishable body or name. Sradha on perishable body or name results in illusion. When this illusion take form of sradha, it creates disaster. Apart from worshiping eternal, divine and spiritual form of Bhagavan and remembrance of His eternal names, giving importance to perishable bodies and names not only wastes our life but also is like cheating our own self."

From above statement, I see many of these organisations focusing on human worship. How should one associate with such organisations? I want to mainly follow Swamiji's teachings.

I would like to know more about it. As I have not personally associated with Swamiji, I don't have clear understanding of Swamiji's views. I am more interested in knowing Swami Ramsukhdasji's understanding related to satsang.

---

-Shree Hari-

Dear Brethren,

In , a divine company indeed, The Guru as I see it is Swami Ramsukhdasji, he is presented by these posts, and within the Satsang by those who were close to him when he was in body.

Sometimes when I read some of Swamaji's words, my heart jumps for joy, his words often excite me.

The site IS the authority of which is Sri Krishna by means of Gitaji, we humble Sadhaks are attempting to raise ourselves spiritually, as it were, by means of THAT divine authority in Satsang under the guidance of the Beloved Swami Ramsukhdasji.

So if sometimes we carry on like little children, I am sure we are forgiven for our weaknesses, so long as we are focused on Bhagwan, his grace will heal our wounds.

I have noticed a change in myself, a 'Spiritual cleansing' is the best way I can put.

Mike (Keenor).

--

Hari Om

There are no pre requisites for turning towards Paramatma (Satsanga). By whatever way, howsoever- simply turn towards Him. Rest everything will take care of itself. The advent of Satsanga in life automatically addresses everything. Important is therefore Satsanga. What difference does it make to you whether others have faults? You are AMAL ( faultless) by very nature. You turn towards the God. More than enough.

Jai Shree Krishna

Vyas N B

--------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

/message/2074

---------

GIST: Any which way that one can become closer to God (Truth), it is Satsang. True satsang is absorbing what is being said by the holy one and at that very moment becoming established in that Truth. Devotee gain more from satsang than worldly people. It is not a good thing to see faults or speak negatively aboutthe teacher, and at the same time continuing Satsang with them. Quietly remove yourself from the company of the teacher. There will be no gain in this association.

Question: What is the essential properties or charateristics of a Satsang (association with Truth)?

Swamiji: Selfless love for the essential Truth (Paramatma, God) is Satsang and selfless love for a Self-Realized Soul is also Satsang. Sitting in front of a realized soul is also satsang. Becoming detached from the world is also satsang. The point is that in any which way that one can become closer to God, it is Satsang.

Question: "Tulsi sangat sadhu ki, kataiyye koti aparaadh" - what is true association of a sadhu (saintly person)?

Swamiji: True association with a saint is no different than becoming one with that one (saint, sadhu). Becoming one, means that attentively and with total alertness listening and absorbing what the holy one is saying and at that very moment becoming established in that Truth. Their advice / messages should notbe left for imbibing sometime in the future or leaving it for further contemplation or study. If there is any doubts or ambiguity or lack of clarity in their message, then at that very moment gain clarification; or elsecontemplate on the message in solitude and become steadfast and firm in the new learnings.

Question: Worldly people attend Satsangs and often devotees / spiritual aspirants do not attend satsangs, instead they stay at home worshipping God. What is the reason for this ?

Swamiji: If worldly people are also able to attend Satsang, it is God's grace and if a spiritual aspirant or a devotee is not attending satsang, it is due to his lack of intense longing for satsang. But on receiving satsang, worldly people are not able to significantly gain from them, whereas a spiritual aspirant, a devotee of God, even if he attends a single satsang he can gain immensely from them. This is because following one's own spiritual practices is like working hard and struggling to earn one's wages and acquire wealth, whereasdoing satsang is like being adopted by a rich man and sitting on his lap. The one sitting on the lap, automatically becomes eligible beneficiary of the rich man's wealth.

Question: Some people regularly attend Satsangs, but after sometime they leave it. Does fate have anything to do with this?

Swamiji: No, fate is not the reason. There are two reasons - the individual begins to see faults in the one who they are in Satsang with and they begin to associate with bad company. Within us there are evil inborn faculties and imperfections, which cause us to be influenced by bad company. Just like those individuals that are strongly infatuated and attached to women, only they are affected and influenced by the presence of women. Just like those that are attached to money and wealth, only they are influenced by rich people andwealth. It is not a good thing seeing faults in your teacher (Guru), yet continuing in satsang with them out of fear or embarrassment from society / others. There will be no gain in this association. Rather in such situations, without speaking negatively about that person, quietly one must remove themself from their company. After that, one must not engage in a relationship with anyone else.

Ram Ram

--

Guest guest

QUESTIONS:

---

NEW POSTING

Hari OmYes! Yes!! Dear Brother Mike! These better halves definitely are better- all along, always. They let us feel better for they are better. Why they are better? They have more belief than us. They have "bhavas" not intellect guiding them. And God is : Bhavagrahi Janardan ( God looks at inner sentiments). They have emotions and have power over our children.They start with weakness but end as Queens of the homes. They teach us as to what is devotion. Nothing is an obstacle for them. They have special laws and concessions flowing from the top. The moment they realise that they gallop miles ahead of us, in no time.I have one uncle (mausa) , a renowned scientist. Now he has sheer "intellectual" capacity and is very well read. He was very dominating in youth. My aunt (mothers' sister) is illiterate but very very religious. She tolerated his tantrums and domination just as a typical Indian wife does. Now both are in late 60s. My uncle often tells me now: Look I used to think that I am miles ahead of your mausi (mother's sister). But today I feel my intellect is nothing as compared to her devotion. She made me a devotee of God. She is miles ahead of me. And my mausi smiles.You have capacity to look into and touch souls, Brother Mike ! Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B --------------------

Jai HanumanSarvottam Bhaiyya ! Of late, suddenly, why have you started calling yourself to be a "kaccha" sadhak? Did you suddenly realise "kacchai" in you ? When did you realise, Jee ? No, Jee ! The moment you accept yourself to be a sadhak , where does then the Q of "kaccha or pucca" arises? Sadhaks are never "kacchas" they are always "puccas". Repeated, such salutations become self praise also. If it is or if it is not self praise, or drawing attention slogan and is rather humility , both ways it is fatal as:ROTA JAAYE MARE KI KHABAR LAAYE !!One who leaves home crying, comes back with the news of some one havind died.Being sadhak you should never indulge in self criticism. It is not part of Daivy Sampadas enumerated in BG 16:1/3 . Self criticism is neither humbleness, nor humility. How will you become "pucca" if you "accept" yourself to be "kaccha" ? Did not Swamiji tell : As you accept so you become ? Don't pay any attention or respect to weaknesses/faults and they evaporate, isn't it a law, Maharaj ? Swamiji would often say : Don't accept faults in you as you are faultless. Paying attention to faults( whether in yourself or in others) continuously is in itself a fault. Fault, the moment it is seen ceases to be a fault. Fault must go away from you. "I am kaccha" , "I am kaccha" this song does not make one pucca. To stick to a fault is another fresh fault. Tulsidasji Maharaj only in his invocations criticised himself and praised all and sundry. Swamiji never indulged in self criticism. Hence, you may reconsider this special suddenly invented salutation to the self : Kaccha Sadhak. Even being sadhak is natural, obvious , implicit and goes without saying frequently.Namaste JeeJee JeeShashikala

--------------------------

Thank you Shashikalajee. Your statement, "Satsanga has a capacitiy to become a part of your thought." made my day.

Veena Hassan

------

Plese consult the SwamijiS S Bhatt

-----

PRIOR POSTING

Jai Hanuman

A real satsanga is also "addictive" ! During our vacations this time, we noticed that we were very eager to catch hold of GT site, particularly the sadhak messages coinciding with the Qs asked. Satsanga has capacity to become a part of your thoughts, daily routine ..... there is no doubt on the same.

Namaste Jee

Jee JeeShashikala

------------

- Shree Hari-

Dear Gauravji,

Nine years ago we moved 2000 miles across the country. And once settled tried topick up where we left off regarding things spiritual.But things were not the same, for one thing all that happened in our previouslife in Victoria was an unfolding without intellectual thought, a series ofamazing coincidences.We, that is my wife and I were like the proverbial square pegs in round holes.

What brought things into focus for us, was on nice warm day, I donned my widebrimmed hat, and we went off to an outdoor festival, spiritual, new age and allthat.

Now please understand this, this is not ego speaking, because I know that I amchild walking among giants at this Satsang; but we kept going from stall tostall, and ask questions, and I found we were being asked questions by the stallholders, we gave far more than was given.

When we returned home, my wife said to me, "We don't need any of this stuff, Godis in us, and will guide us from within, God will give us what is needed". (Mywife just wondered in as I was typing the last paragraph, and read it, andsaid,"Yes you don't go looking).

This is reflected in Jee Jee Shashikalaji's statement below:'Remember : Just as parrot comes of its own as soon as fruit ripens,similarly,if you are a serious striver, then Gurus will come to you by operation of Lawsof Nature. Guru will search you, you need not.'

And by Brother Vyas:'......Swamiji Ramsukhdasji Maharaj. He never made any chellas ( disciples). Hebelieved that the real Guru is "Conscience" (Bhagwaan Himself) living withineach of us.'

You see I felt I was in a wilderness, but in reality I was in a verdant garden,I just had to allow my eyes to be opened by 'The Divine Beloved', and let HIMguide me. In some ways my wife is ahead of me it seems, and I suspect SisterShashikalaji, would not be the least bit surprised.

But in summery you and I Gauravji, have both been guided to this site, byBeloved Bhagwan, and the Spiritual voice of Swamiji we can hear at this place.

With Respect and Divine Love,

Mike Keenor

-----------

Narain! Narain !! BINU SATSANG VIVEKA NA HOI Without Satsanga, conscience inside you does not fully awaken. Right. But that does not mean any Guru can make it awaken. Association with truth is automatic , once you renounce untruth ! Have noble desires in you, and Gurus will keep coming to you. KRISHNAM VANDE JAGADGURUM . Narain is the Guru of entire world. There is no need of any other Guru in spiritual life. Most of them are beggars only. Watch out keenly the conduct of those who advocate the need for Guru to Sadhaks. Narain ! Narain !! Naarad N Maharshi

Narain! Narain !! BINU SATSANG VIVEKA NA HOI Without Satsanga, conscience inside you does not fully awaken. Right. But that does not mean any Guru can make it awaken. Association with truth is automatic , once you renounce untruth ! Have noble desires in you, and Gurus will keep coming to you. KRISHNAM VANDE JAGADGURUM . Narain is the Guru of entire world. There is no need of any other Guru in spiritual life. Most of them are beggars only. Watch out keenly the conduct of those who advocate the need for Guru to Sadhaks. Narain ! Narain !! Naarad N Maharshi-----------------Narain! Narain !! BINU SATSANG VIVEKA NA HOI Without Satsanga, conscience inside you does not fully awaken. Right. But that does not mean any Guru can make it awaken. Association with truth is automatic , once you renounce untruth ! Have noble desires in you, and Gurus will keep coming to you. KRISHNAM VANDE JAGADGURUM . Narain is the Guru of entire world. There is no need of any other Guru in spiritual life. Most of them are beggars only. Watch out keenly the conduct of those who advocate the need for Guru to Sadhaks. Narain ! Narain !! Naarad N Maharshi

Shree Krishna In Kaliyuga it is very easy to fall in the trap of so called Babas, Gurus, Sadgurus, Pandits, etc. I perfectly agree with views of Respected Vyasji and Jee Jee Shashikalaji in this regard. FAKE gurus cheat people by taking advantage of their "belief". Every human has got this power of belief. "To believe" is natural in a human, hence there is need of a caution here. If one goes through this Divine web site and reads the past postings, a lot of literature will come to light. Intense discussions have taken place. I request sadhaks to read the same, and find out for themselves that those sadhaks who vehemently advocated need for a Guru for spiritual advancement, actually, from the knowledge reflected by them - does Guru appears to be of any help. I mean those who stated Guru is a must, did they have better understanding or knowledge than those who did not have any Gurus? NO ! Hence we should be very careful. THERE ARE NO LICENCE HOLDERS OF GOD. Self only realises Self. Let me tell that women are more prone to fall in these traps. Reason being that they have more belief in them than males. ( We normally find ladies are more devoted to God than males- Devotion is output of belief) I have seen many homes destroyed due to ladies visiting Babas, Gurus and Sadgurus. Ladies are innocent but their belief system gets fuelled by sorrows which they encounter in their marital life due to operation of Law of Karma. Hence a special care is needed in this respect. Gauravji ! In fact you have already found real Satsanga Forum. Not only Mike Keenor changed a lot, due to this forum but many others changed. I after becoming member of this GT Group studied all past postings, thoroughly. Catherine Anderson, Naga Narain, Pratap Bhatt, Deosharan Bisnauth, Krishna Narinedath, Mrs G K Bala, Suresh Sharma, Sophia, and many many others- they all benefitted immensely out of this Group , which has as its source Divine Gita and guidance of Swamiji Shri Ramsukhdasji Maharaj. I noted that the views of Naga Narain about "surrender" changed totally after intense deliberations on this forum. I have no hesitation in stating that with the regular contributors like Vyas N B, Miraji Dass, Mike Keenor, Shashikalaji, B Sathyanarainji. Madanji Kaura, Varunji, Sarvottamji, Raja Gurdasaniji, Pratapji Bhatt, Manjulaji, Sadhanaji, Nandaji, Deosharanji, Krishna Narine dathji, Catherine Anderson, G Vaidynathanji, Sureshji Sharma, etc etc - this is the BEST SATSANGA FORUM in the entire planet. There cant be a better forum than this. How Divine is the fact that this forum evolved of its own !! In appreciationSwami Rupesh Kumar Shree Hari Ram Ram Dear Narayana ! .... why exclude us?!!!! Why the need for names and exclusion of others ? After all - " Vasudeva Sarvam". Bhagwaan has confirmed in the Gita ! He has lead us to the ULTIMATE TRUTH and this Truth has been reinforced by Swami Maharajji. SO!!!!!! would you please kindly oblige ...!!!! .. Narayana? Narayana Narayana Narayana ! Ram Ram

PRIOR POSTING

Hari Om

Gauravji ! Welcome !! You asked as to how you can get satsang. The answer is simple. You are already among Satsangis. This Gita Talk Group is REAL SATSANGA !! As one of our gems Mike Keenor told, here the people "really" change. In the deliberations here only one thing prevails in the end - TRUTH - SAT !! Yes, living the principles of Gitaji as laid down by Swamiji Ramsukhdasji Maharaj. He never made any chellas ( disciples). He believed that the real Guru is "Conscience" (Bhagwaan Himself) living within each of us.

But things are worsening out here in the world, as predicted by the Scriptures of Sanatan Dharma (e g Ramcharitmanas). We are in Kaliyuga. Now people call themselves to be Gods, to be Gurus and Sadgurus - but what is their aim? Sometimes is feels like their aim is to get money/respect from gullible believers ! The world must understand that those who want money / subscriptions / respect ; those who claim to be God Realised Souls; those who advertise their presence, those who guarantee spiritual progress in consideration of your becoming their chellas (disciples), those who let their photos put in your bed rooms or around your necks or in your sadhana places, those who themselves live lavishly, those who are very particular about the chairs on which they sit, those whose ashrams, maths, paandals, places look more like "shops" (books/magazines/ enrolment forms, beads, some even sell herbals and medicines, donation boxes) ; those who let special designations attributed to them ( Bhagwaan, Pujya, Guru, Jagadguru, Acharya, etc) , those who demand / expect ANYTHING from you ..... They are not GURUS , rather they are BEGGARS. Never get enticed by them. What can that person give you who himself needs something from you- even if that is attention or respect or chellahood from you.

Believe me, you are now at right place. Here you will find ultimately absolutely faultless advices from those who are striving to become so , and who have experience. The battery of sadhaks here is out of divine will only. It is not planned, it has evolved of its own. It has no selfish motives and no hidden agendas. Here the sadhaks deliberate out of sheer love of Divine,(many times like children as Mike Keenor told) and draw strength from immortal principles enumerated in abundance for welfare of entire humanity by one of the greatest Saints who ever walked on the planet since this world has come into existence - Param Shraddheya Swamiji Shri Ramsukhdasji Maharaj.

Jai Shree Krishna

Vyas N B

----------

shree Hari:

Ram Ram Gauravjee!

1. satsang is sat kaa sang (association with Real, Truth, Divinity, Imperishable, Paramatma) (from prashnottar manimaalaa).

2. Not indulging in kusang or renouncing kusang (unreal, bad company, untruth, perishable) is itself satsang (asat kaa tyaag hee sat kaa sang hai - (from amarataa kaa anubhav page 143 of maanavamaatrakekalyaanake liye)

3. swamijee never supported vyaktipoojaa (worship of a particular person), not even his own . Only 'bhaav' (sentiments) is to be accepted. "Ek santakee vaseeyat" is a complete encyclopedia forguidance by following what is said therein.

Ram Ram Ramjee.

Kachchaa Saadhaka Sarvottam.

Jai Hanuman

Swamiji would often say:

JO TU CHELLA DEH KAA , TO DEH KHEH KI KHAAN !

JO TU CHELLA SABDA KAA, TO SABDA MAIN BRAHMA GYAAN !!

If you are follower/disciple of body then know that body belongs only to the dust. If you are follower of words (principles) then know that their lies ultimate knowledge.

Beware , O Divine Participants of so called Gurus/Yogis/Bhagwaans, who are spreading like disease in every nook and corner, with hands that appear to be "giving" but actually holding begging bowls . They insist that Guru is a must for God Realisation, and they are direct agents/licence holders of God. Keep away. Remember : Just as parrot comes of its own as soon as fruit ripens,similarly, if you are a serious striver, then Gurus will come to you by operation of Laws of Nature. Guru will search you, you need not.

Gauravji ! You are in Satsanga only. Stay put.

Namaste Jee

Jee JeeShashikala

--

Dear Sadaks,

Sat is THAT which never changes, ever remaining in simple form GOD. Getting united (Sangh) with Sat (God) is Sat Sangh. One who imparts knowledge, shows direction in Sadhana, clears all doubts in mind about everything known and unknown is Guru.Jai Sri KrishnaB.Sathyanarayan

---

PRIOR POSTING

DETAILED QUESTION

---

-Shree Hari-

Dear Brethren,

Mike (Keenor).

--

Hari Om

Jai Shree Krishna

Vyas N B

--------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

/message/2074

---------

Ram Ram

--