IndiaDivine.org

Gita-Talk Improvement Opportunities - PLEASE SHARE

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

We would like to take this opportunity to hear your thoughts on how we can make

this group more effective for all sadhaks.

- Please address what we should do more of or less of?

- Please suggest ideas you have like in other forums / groups that we must try

to incorporate? We look forward to your valuable input.

- Also any suggestions for the moderators to be more effective

- Any changes to the group's guidelines and adherence

Thank you, with devotion, Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram

----------------

Dear Sadhak friends:

I want to share few points about your emails.

1. When one gets more than three or four emails where there is some thinking,

understanding and digesting the content is involved, it looses its pupose. Some

times I have recived eight or more emails from you.

2. The subject matter for the questions should be pertinent to spiritual aspects

of the Gita. While there is a room for personal problems to be answered in

terms of the Gita teachings, they belong more to Ann Landers type columns.

3. At any given time there should not be more tha 4 to 5 topics discussed.

Each topic should run for a specified lenth of time,4 to 5 weeks and should

close.

4. Those who ask the question must have read the Gita and then refer to the

part that is difficult to undersatd or interpret.

5. Some of the answers are simply lot of words.

I hope you appreciate my comments.

With best wishes,

Arvind Khetia

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -

1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.

2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..

3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the

extent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas

4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.

5. Focus on subject at hand only.

6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, address

etc) or personalize message to particular person

7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modify

the posting.

8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-

sectarian audience. Limit the use to Sanskrit words and provide English word

bracketed.

Ram Ram

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Post message:

Subscribe: -

Un: -

Guest guest

Shree HariRam Ram

We would like to take this opportunity to hear your thoughts on how we can makethis group more effective for all sadhaks.- Please address what we should do more of or less of?- Please suggest ideas you have like in other forums / groups that we must tryto incorporate? We look forward to your valuable input.- Also any suggestions for the moderators to be more effective- Any changes to the group's guidelines and adherence

Thank you, with devotion, Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram----------------NEW POSTING

Shree Hari || Ram Ram ||

Dear all,

Thanks to moderators for giving the opportunity to the Sadhkas for further quality enhancement of Gita-talk messages.

Few suggestions for your kind consideration:

QUESTIONS:

1. Before raising the question, pls. do a quick search to see if this question is a repeat

2. Pls. do not explain the background of the question, clearly and briefly state the question

3. Pls. limit the Question up to maximum 5 lines, keep it a question not an explanation

4. Pls. raise questions on daily Sadhaka message or Gitaji themes in general to enhance our understanding of Gitaji.

RESPONSES

1. Brevity and clarity is super important, pls. attempt to keep the response under a page . 2. Pls. Focus on what is being asked, avoid unnecessary background, For good response examples, refer to responses by Meera Dasji (Devotion & Love, May 23, Daily Practice May 21)

3. Pls. restrict personal opinions, quote scriptures or refer to Swamiji's discourses.

4. Pls. use paragraphs to explain different points as opposed to one long essay

5. Pls. do not respond to your own question, there have been few such instances.

6. Pls. do not send message in a hurry, many thousands are reading your message, their time and your time is precious.

7. Before sending the message, pls. quickly review to see if it meets the Guide Lines.

FOR MODERATORS

1. Pls. post those responses only which directly focus on the question

2. Pls. post only 4-5 responses everyday

3. Pls. post the messages once a day, if possible about the same time of day to save time.

|| Ram Ram ||

Humble regards,Madan Kaura

----------------

Dear Moderator

Fully agree with Mr Arvind's two valuable suggestions-1)Query should deepen

undersatnding of Gita and 2)Query should be from person who reads Gita.

Earlier I had suggested that personal issues and problems may please be avoided.The issues

related to relationships & health etc occurs due to Karmic consequences and at that time it

is still more difficult to read and understand Gita.While we have compassion for the suffering ,

the forum may not provide solace or solution.Still the personal issues can be discussed subject to:-

1)If you feel that the discussion is beneficial to the querist.

2)The querist is motivated to take up study of Gita

3)The topic is closed in a week or ten day's time

Another suggestion is that response or reply should be brief.A bit of editing is required.

regards

Ashok J

-----------------

Dear all,

May I suggest in the interest of all that :

(1) Mails must remain small, this is not a forum to exhibit our literary skills. Brief and clear messages are a 'must' because readers do not have time to go through all the details. Brevity is the soul. Small is beatiful.

(2) Kindly avoid senseless poems (in fact non-poems), if someone wants to post a poem, then it should be in proper meters (Chhand - Matrik and Varnik, as great devotional poets have done in the past and are doing now). And the so-called 'poet' should not mention his name time and again uselessly like a pathetic egoist. This defeats the very purpose of this forum.

(3) There is no harm in discussing personal problems and their solutions from spiritual point of view within the framework of the Gita and Swami Ramsukhdas ji Maharaj. Some deviation can be tolerated but within a limit only, depending on the discretion of the Moderator.

(4) No thread should be allowed to linger more than one month, as a thumb-rule.

(5) There should be 4-5 threads on a daily basis, more topics create problems in making out the sense of the various threads. I on some occasions find them repetitive.

(6) Moderation should be rotated. For example, Sadhak A be appointed as moderator for two months, then Sadhak B, and then Sadhak C, but the chief moderator should remain one. This will enhance creativity of this forum. Momderator/s should decide whom to transfer the roration.

(7) Filmi songs must be banned to be quoted in this forum (with sincere apologies to Shashikala ji). No compromise on this, though of course all is Vasudevam, but some yardstick has to be adopted to maintain the standard. However, devotional songs by famous sants/poets, even if they have been incorporated in the filmi world, should be allowed.

(8) In a thread, the latest mail should be posted below and the first on the top.... so that we can logically understand about what is being discussed.

(9) Many posts are repeated in long threads under the headings 'prior posts' and 'new posts' - this can be avoided, it will save time for the moderator to concentrate on better things and the readers' attention will not be diverted.

(10) One forum on 'Ramcharitmanas Talk or say RT) should also be launched. I request the present moderator/s to kindly moderate the new forum, if launched.

With profound regards,

Suresh C. Sharma

The Moderators are doing excellent Sewa ............. and I donot feel that they could do more .

And yet ................. some thoughts on the subject follow.

Many times,narinder finds that Sadhaks love to play the Guru. They feel they are enlightened guides. Sharing thoughts is one thing ........................... but ,if too many sadhakas start playing the Guru , where ,then,does one find the Guru,whom one may consider the last word. There is a possibility of a sadhaka becoming 'confused' by the discussions.

No doubt,the word is the Guru. But,unless the Mind has awakened( death of Mind?),the mind imparts its own colour to whatever the word's true intelligence is.

To keep moving into higher dimensions of spirituality ............. the Union with the Satguru eternally

residing in the cavity of one's own heart is needed ................. then,one becomes capable of hearing His( the Satguru's) voice. This Union with the Satguru takes place in the Stilled Mind ..............in Meditation,the result of Meditation. And it is the outer Guru ,who leads a sadhaka into this Union.

That is why,narinder feels that the main purpose that such forums as this serve is to provoke sadhakas to long for spiritual awakening , .......................to awaken in them a desire for sadhna ,and a longing to move into the presence of an enlightened master for clearance of one's personal doubts through ' one to one ' discussion .The role of an enlightened Master cannot be performed by this Forum .The presence of an enlightened Master is needed for True Progress.

And,this aim ......is being achieved excellently.The guidelines laid by the Moderators are adequate. Alas! many sadhaks do NOT follow them...............

To end ,what narinder started with ...........

The Moderators are doing excellent Sewa ............. and I donot feel that they could do more .

AUM

Narinder Bhandari

------------------

Sadhak site moderators and participantsAll Sadaks are supposedly equal.And there are some who want more knowledge on things said and unsaid.Now the way this site is conducted needs improvement :-1. The language should be simple. Often the language for no reason drifts intophilosophical mumbo jumbo. Which means only a select few who understand thisjargon can benefit2. The unnecessary pranams, honorifics, "hari Om" they all smack of posturing.and not spirituality. highly unbecomeing and obnoxious3. The treatment given to new comers with different problems needs to beimproved. often everyday problems are looked down upon. someone or other isbound to ask, is this the right topic to be discussed here ? I strongly belivethis needs to change. all topics must be welcomed. but answer is with referenceto Geetha.4. Complete lack of brevity. this site is meant for busy youngsters and not forthe old rags who are retired. hence the brevity is important for the survival ofthis site.What do you, sadhaks say. are you emancipated enough to change or still in theold habits jailSiva

------------------

Dear Moderator,Love and Love alone....I am a member of Gita-talk group from its inception and I have been observing it at different levels of its growth. You may be happy as a Moderator, but there is a lot to do more to ensure that it serves its members well and grows from strength to trength. I am in it not only as one of the very first few members of this group initially, but also as a member who contributed a lot at regular intervals in the past and now withdrawn due to some issues later and reduced myself as a mere reader and at present, now and then and whenever there is an inner-urge, I contribute, without bothering to check whether it has been accepted by you or rejected it outrightly as the Moderator.This mail is also in response to an inner-urge to let you know what many feel about it and especailly what I feel about it, though you never asked for it. I have a few points to make, leaving the decision entirely to you as Moderator. If you like them, accept them as HIS prasad, if not, just dump them in the dust bin without a second thought. I am no one.1. The contributions in the digest are too lengthy to read and understand the essence of the replies to the quesions and most of the answers are completely burried in the verbose rather than really understanding and appreciating them. Try to make the answers as simple as possible, and just to the point.2. You are taking up too many issues in one digest. Since the topic as well as the answers under each topic are too many, I am receiving the digests completely truncated. In other words, I receive answers only for the first topic or subject and all other else is completely deleted. It means, I receive only the topic headlines in the beginning, without the explanations offered by the contributing members. Therefore, what I feel is that you take up just one subject each time, in addition to the slokas and their explanations being contributed. Give a deadline for each subjectet (like three days or four days, as per your discretion, keeping in view the importance of the topic) and let it continue for that many days. If necessary, and just before the deadline, announce through the digest itself that tomorrow or by a particular date you are going to close the topic.3. If there are some praisworthy words for other members' contributions, let them be and include them, but keep them separately, if you feel it is not a right way to keep them in the same digest. It is always healthy to permit such posts, as they will encourage the contributors, but if you want to keep them in the main digest or keep them separately, it is upto you. But it is always prudent to keep a few of such kind of good posts.4. If you think that that you are over-burdened with the work, you can share the Moderatorship with other eligible and important contributors. That is what we are doing in "Telugu Bhakti Pages". You can visit that digest and see yourself. We are 4 Moderators and Two owners in it and we are running it very well, without any burden or problem. If there is any issue, we exchange our ideas before taking a unanimous decision. But, if you are afraid that the content will be diluted if you do so, then circulate dos and don'ts before and see that they follow these scrupulously.5. Though it is basically Gita digest, there is nothing wrong if there are some quotes from other scriptures also like Puranas, Upanishads, and other Vedantic scriptures, as long as they are in response to the subject content and not against the basic tenets of the digest.I have a few more, but once seeing your reaction to the above, I will make them available to you in the days to come. We may even change the above suggestions, depending on the changing situations and development of the digest.I leave it to you to decide.Love and Love alone....Paritala Gopi Krishna

----------------

PRIOR POSTING

Dear Sadhak friends:

1. When one gets more than three or four emails where there is some thinking,understanding and digesting the content is involved, it looses its pupose. Sometimes I have recived eight or more emails from you.

2. The subject matter for the questions should be pertinent to spiritual aspectsof the Gita. While there is a room for personal problems to be answered interms of the Gita teachings, they belong more to Ann Landers type columns.

3. At any given time there should not be more tha 4 to 5 topics discussed. Each topic should run for a specified lenth of time,4 to 5 weeks and shouldclose.

4. Those who ask the question must have read the Gita and then refer to thepart that is difficult to undersatd or interpret.

With best wishes,Arvind Khetia

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limit the use to Sanskrit words and provide English wordbracketed.

MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

Guest guest

Shree HariRam Ram

We would like to take this opportunity to hear your thoughts on how we can makethis group more effective for all sadhaks.- Please address what we should do more of or less of?- Please suggest ideas you have like in other forums / groups that we must tryto incorporate? We look forward to your valuable input.- Also any suggestions for the moderators to be more effective- Any changes to the group's guidelines and adherence

Thank you, with devotion, Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram----------------NEW POSTING

more restrictions are kept for postings

VIJAYANJI

-----------------

Hari OmAt the outset let me state that GT Moderator/ s has /have been doing an excellent, absolutely selfless, exceptional and divine service to the humanity at large. I have no doubts on the same. With the membership shooting up nearly 3 times in just one year and the no of messages posted increasing from average 40/50 messages per month to an average of nearly 140/150 messages per month and the no of Qs also increasing in same proportions, it must be a challenging task.

Coming to suggestions, I agree with Madanji Kaura and Suresh Sharmaji on almost everything they wrote. Frankly and honestly I feel we have very good way already of dealing with Qs. Yes- on Brevity/relevance/references front, it is our duty to be the most particular.I feel that Qs should be divided into 4 parts -1 on Gita verses; and technicals arising out of Gitaji such as Equanimity/Gunas/ Bhavas/ Mind/Intellect/ ego/body/ Raag/Dvesha/ Duty/acceptance/Surrender/ Yoga- Karma, Jnana, Bhakti, Raaj, etc etc / Karma/Sadhak/ Conscience/ Consciousness etc etc (few examples, in fact ). This is immensely useful to all. Here Gita references/Swamiji's views on the same/ other Saints and Sages' views/ etc should be discussed.- 2 Personal real life problems in implementing Gita into practice and in facing the viccissitudes of Dukhalayam("Gita" here includes all Scriptures- Ramayana, Vedas, Puranas, Upanishads, Smritis, and teachings of Saints and Sages )Again here the views of Swamiji should be discussed in particular.-3 God Realisation/ Liberation methods taught by Scriptures and particularly by Gitaji, Ramayana and Swamiji Shri Ramsukhdasji Maharaj. 4 General at the discretion of Moderators.At a given time , one Q each from the above may be discussed. Total 4 Qs at a time. Not more than 4: maximum say for 21 days days at the most. New Q of same category should be posted upon closure of earlier Q. ( Thus minimum Qs deliberated in a year this way comes to 68 Qs in a year- provided each Q runs for 3 weeks; if it runs for 2 weeks the no will be 104 )No of Qs answered should be given equal importance as no of messages posted per month on home page of web site.There should be a summary made by a member of moderators and/or panel specially formed for summarising the Q at the time of closure of Q. Here Swamiji's views on the subject and views of Gitaji/Ramayana etc should be accorded conclusive prominence with references of His books/ verses of Gitaji/ Scriptures. This job may be taken up by rotation also by sadhaks. Panel may be made for summarising the Q.There should a fixed time for continuation of a Q. The opening and closure dates should be displayed with the original Q itself. Yes! Utmost importance should be given to brevity; relevance (very important) and references of Gita verses/Swamiji's books/ Scriptures.THERE SHOULD BE NO COMPROMISE ON THIS.Personal Qs, praises of fellow sadhaks and honourable mild correction in any faults in the individual responses should be encouraged and welcomed. You must be critical of what is an obvious fault- we must point out precisely that. There is no purpose otherwise of having Satsanga. But when you point out fault , you must give references of Gita/Scriptures/Swamiji etc There is no individual by the name which is important/ under deliberation. There are bhavas/concepts/themes/principles which get deliberated. There if some one is stating something wrongly, he must be told so. Similarly we must praise right concepts/bhavas/expressions. That encourages contributions. We may discuss nitti gritties if the above are found prima facie acceptable.Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B

--------------------------------

Hare krishna,This is in response to your Question.

1. Questions and answers must Be relevant to bhagavad gita. 2. Please quote gita ( the slokas) when ever and where everPossible, pertinent with englishExplanations3. Responses to be brief4. Avoid repetitionsPrasda iragavarapu. M. D

-------------------------

Narain ! Narain !!

This forum is divine in itself. If things continue in the existing manner... OK ! If they are changed OK !! There is a power of Swamiji behind this forum. Hence say Narain ! Narain !! Moderators need to screen less, and remain balanced.. sometimes there is a feeling that they are responsible for content. Remain naturally blissful in all circumstances and stay aways from strong likings and dislikings. However serpent like long messages should definitely be cut to size as per Madanji Kaura's yardstick- one page. DONT WORRY about the CONTENT MANAGEMENT. You might not be able to do that! Even a really learned person gets lost in the webs built by their long, incomprehensible, lyrical sentences. Let combined TRUTH root out the UNTRUTH. They should be like a court judge: fair, equanimous and gentle to all. Rest the diversity of people in the forum will take care and there will be a balance emerging in medium run. After some Kurukshetra TRUTH WILL PREVAIL IN THE END. Let forces fight, if they are so willing.Sure, funny poems, glories to individual gurus, insistences etc will be dealt by opposing forces ( Laws of Nature will cause it) , and Moderators should let both of them flourish so long as they are in tolerable limits. Already, some of habitually irrelevant and long narrators ( In Madanji's words ..essay writers) have exposed themselves fully, and are now in "correcting themselves mode". Encourage now them to be brief. Divinity may come out of them.

Narain ! Narain !!

Naarad N Maharishi

-----------------

Newer Responses to your postings should be at the beginning of the message.

people should feel their views are heard, listened to and posted !!

Durgesh Mankikar,MD

----------------

Jai Shree Krishna

I have my own reasons to be part of this Divine Forum. Nothing gives me more peace than Satsanga. Here are few points:

Let me state that I am in agreement with Madanji Kaura fully and in toto; with Suresh ji Sharma on all points except Sr no 8 and Sr no 9 and with the "emotions" of Paritala Gopala Krishnan. You cant eliminate human emotions from Satsanga. We can "manage" them only. Another name of SATSANGA is truthful emotions- truth as perceived by the individual responder.Any way.

Everything is ok with this Forum except that at places ego is excessively taking over the deliberations. No lessons appear to have been learnt by few regular contributors to the simple fact that over insistence on any subject is counter productive.

Advice to Moderators: Do not let the deliberations de-rail. When deliberations become irrelevant, this Forum as a whole misses more deep and intimate points/deliberations and you rush to close the topic merely to maintain law and order situation. What really pains me, is " formation of groups" within "Group" ! That is not good. Rest all is OK.

Generally, personal problems MUST be allowed. If not here , then where? Praises and criticisms should be allowed. Praise because: that is Divine, and is meant for distributing only and not for expecting. Even God becomes happy by praise. Goal of human beings is to make others happy. Says Tulsidasji Maharaj- "AURAHOON MAAN AUR AAP AMAANI" ( Give respect to others but dont expect respect for yourself). More than Praise , the quick, immediate and direct pointing out of faults/deficiencies in responses should be encouraged. As I said once: In Satsanga each is Guru and each is Chella (This is cardinal principle of Satsanga- Refer Scriptures- Sanatkumars doing Satsanga) ! If in this Forum, you dont find faults , where else the sadhaks will get an opportunity to get their subtle deficiencies cured ? Everybody has a fault being a human. As a law, fault is not visible to himself and is always visible to others. Only you can see my fault, and I can see your fault. Yes ! When you find out faults: You should give reasons. Those reasons then advance the satsanga - no individual name then remains to be of any value- fact whether the deliberated subject is SAT or ASAT only remains in focus.. If this is banned , then the very name SATSANGA shall cease. Here there is no place for "personal likings and dislikings": facts are crucial. SATSANGA is association with SAT ! SAT is absence of ASAT. You must take out ASAT and throw it to the winds, then only SAT remains behind. Ruthlessly, direct, point blank , instantly, unhesitantingly, the ASAT must be brought out - as cruelly as a surgeon removes the diseased portion. I have no doubts on the same. Individual Ego will get a smash but later on it will help the sadhak.If some body comes here for exhibition of non sense and ego : Sorry this is not that forum. It goes without saying that each of participant has no "personal" touch with the other, hence has no score to settle. Principles/ truth/concepts are ultimately the focal points. All are divine but all are human. Tell them : You are wrong point blank if you have reasons. Tell them : You are right if you have reasons.

Swami Rupesh Kumar

------------------------

Raam ! Raam !!

Note of Shri Paritala Gopalkrishnan has some subtle pain hidden in it. May be some of his messages were ruthlessly thrown into the dustbin in the past. Here there is a point. When you reject a note it should have reasons, and a CATEGORICAL signal that the same thing is not allowed elsewhere. It should not be that one thing is acceptable from Mr X but not from Mr Y. But overall, I must state that this Forum is being managed in an excellent manner.

My advice to contributors is to be BRIEF, RELEVANT and REASONABLE. You must state that reason supported by references. There should be no "cross praising" resorted to. ( Mr X praises Mr Y , then Mr Y reciprocates and each supporting other... unmindful of the contents). You should accept the truth with open arms.

My advice to Moderators is to UNIVERSALLY APPLY the discipline. You dont help any one by asking A to be brief or meticulously cutting A to size, and allowing B to go endless .... pages upon pages ! That confuses. Your devotion to Gitaji and Swamiji is divine and your goal is divine. But cut only them to size...who are indulging into open defiance of Moderators' Guidelines. OPEN ! CLEAR !! VISIBLE !!! OBVIOUS!!!! If somebody makes a summary of last one year's deliberations, one will clearly find out who have been irrelevant, aimless, long and who have been truthful, focussed and brief. Cut the former and not the latter. As simple as that !

Pranaams

Anirudh Joshi

---------------------------

Radhey! Radhey!!

This is one of the best managed Satsanga Forums in the world with a talent unparallel. There is nothing wrong in management and format of this Forum. Improvements are needed at Moderators' end only in identifying those regulars who as a habit just keep being contrary to the truth. IRRELEVANCE, essay like long long meaning less messages and insistence on one method only are the things which Moderators must apply scissors on. Cut them ruthlessly to size..... you are divine else ! I liked suggestions of Madanji and Sureshji Sharma. Personally I am fortunate to be sharing my views and reading views of Swamiji and other sadhaks. This forum is DIVINE in itself. There is no place for "individualities" or egos here. Ruthlessly crush EGOS. Absolutely with precision. The crushed ego holder will later on bless you by soul. Why not? One should be "conscious" of what he is expressing. All here are learned. EGOLESSNESS is the goal of sadhaks. One should come here to get that only crushed to pieces. Why not? Is there any similar forum elsewhere? Where egos are crushed to pieces? Make one error in expression, ten should pounce upon you... then the ego gets crushed. Not by running away !! Let us cut every ASAT to size ! SATSANGA ......!!

Radhey ! Radhey !!

Nisha Chatterji

---------------

Shree Hari || Ram Ram ||

Dear all,

Thanks to moderators for giving the opportunity to the Sadhkas for further quality enhancement of Gita-talk messages.

QUESTIONS:

1. Before raising the question, pls. do a quick search to see if this question is a repeat

2. Pls. do not explain the background of the question, clearly and briefly state the question

3. Pls. limit the Question up to maximum 5 lines, keep it a question not an explanation

4. Pls. raise questions on daily Sadhaka message or Gitaji themes in general to enhance our understanding of Gitaji.

RESPONSES

1. Brevity and clarity is super important, pls. attempt to keep the response under a page . 2. Pls. Focus on what is being asked, avoid unnecessary background, For good response examples, refer to responses by Meera Dasji (Devotion & Love, May 23, Daily Practice May 21)

3. Pls. restrict personal opinions, quote scriptures or refer to Swamiji's discourses.

5. Pls. do not respond to your own question, there have been few such instances.

6. Pls. do not send message in a hurry, many thousands are reading your message, their time and your time is precious.

7. Before sending the message, pls. quickly review to see if it meets the Guide Lines.

FOR MODERATORS

3. Pls. post the messages once a day, if possible about the same time of day to save time.

|| Ram Ram ||

----------------

Dear Moderator

Fully agree with Mr Arvind's two valuable suggestions-1)Query should deepen

undersatnding of Gita and 2)Query should be from person who reads Gita.

Earlier I had suggested that personal issues and problems may please be avoided.The issues

related to relationships & health etc occurs due to Karmic consequences and at that time it

is still more difficult to read and understand Gita.While we have compassion for the suffering ,

the forum may not provide solace or solution.Still the personal issues can be discussed subject to:-

1)If you feel that the discussion is beneficial to the querist.

2)The querist is motivated to take up study of Gita

3)The topic is closed in a week or ten day's time

Another suggestion is that response or reply should be brief.A bit of editing is required.

regards

Ashok J

-----------------

Dear all,

May I suggest in the interest of all that :

(1) Mails must remain small, this is not a forum to exhibit our literary skills. Brief and clear messages are a 'must' because readers do not have time to go through all the details. Brevity is the soul. Small is beatiful.

(2) Kindly avoid senseless poems (in fact non-poems), if someone wants to post a poem, then it should be in proper meters (Chhand - Matrik and Varnik, as great devotional poets have done in the past and are doing now). And the so-called 'poet' should not mention his name time and again uselessly like a pathetic egoist. This defeats the very purpose of this forum.

(3) There is no harm in discussing personal problems and their solutions from spiritual point of view within the framework of the Gita and Swami Ramsukhdas ji Maharaj. Some deviation can be tolerated but within a limit only, depending on the discretion of the Moderator.

(4) No thread should be allowed to linger more than one month, as a thumb-rule.

(5) There should be 4-5 threads on a daily basis, more topics create problems in making out the sense of the various threads. I on some occasions find them repetitive.

(6) Moderation should be rotated. For example, Sadhak A be appointed as moderator for two months, then Sadhak B, and then Sadhak C, but the chief moderator should remain one. This will enhance creativity of this forum. Momderator/s should decide whom to transfer the roration.

(7) Filmi songs must be banned to be quoted in this forum (with sincere apologies to Shashikala ji). No compromise on this, though of course all is Vasudevam, but some yardstick has to be adopted to maintain the standard. However, devotional songs by famous sants/poets, even if they have been incorporated in the filmi world, should be allowed.

(8) In a thread, the latest mail should be posted below and the first on the top.... so that we can logically understand about what is being discussed.

(9) Many posts are repeated in long threads under the headings 'prior posts' and 'new posts' - this can be avoided, it will save time for the moderator to concentrate on better things and the readers' attention will not be diverted.

(10) One forum on 'Ramcharitmanas Talk or say RT) should also be launched. I request the present moderator/s to kindly moderate the new forum, if launched.

With profound regards,

Suresh C. Sharma

And yet ................. some thoughts on the subject follow.

Many times,narinder finds that Sadhaks love to play the Guru. They feel they are enlightened guides. Sharing thoughts is one thing ........................... but ,if too many sadhakas start playing the Guru , where ,then,does one find the Guru,whom one may consider the last word. There is a possibility of a sadhaka becoming 'confused' by the discussions.

No doubt,the word is the Guru. But,unless the Mind has awakened( death of Mind?),the mind imparts its own colour to whatever the word's true intelligence is.

To keep moving into higher dimensions of spirituality ............. the Union with the Satguru eternally

residing in the cavity of one's own heart is needed ................. then,one becomes capable of hearing His( the Satguru's) voice. This Union with the Satguru takes place in the Stilled Mind ..............in Meditation,the result of Meditation. And it is the outer Guru ,who leads a sadhaka into this Union.

That is why,narinder feels that the main purpose that such forums as this serve is to provoke sadhakas to long for spiritual awakening , .......................to awaken in them a desire for sadhna ,and a longing to move into the presence of an enlightened master for clearance of one's personal doubts through ' one to one ' discussion .The role of an enlightened Master cannot be performed by this Forum .The presence of an enlightened Master is needed for True Progress.

And,this aim ......is being achieved excellently.The guidelines laid by the Moderators are adequate. Alas! many sadhaks do NOT follow them...............

To end ,what narinder started with ...........

AUM

Narinder Bhandari

------------------

Sadhak site moderators and participantsAll Sadaks are supposedly equal.And there are some who want more knowledge on things said and unsaid.Now the way this site is conducted needs improvement :-1. The language should be simple. Often the language for no reason drifts intophilosophical mumbo jumbo. Which means only a select few who understand thisjargon can benefit2. The unnecessary pranams, honorifics, "hari Om" they all smack of posturing.and not spirituality. highly unbecomeing and obnoxious3. The treatment given to new comers with different problems needs to beimproved. often everyday problems are looked down upon. someone or other isbound to ask, is this the right topic to be discussed here ? I strongly belivethis needs to change. all topics must be welcomed. but answer is with referenceto Geetha.4. Complete lack of brevity. this site is meant for busy youngsters and not forthe old rags who are retired. hence the brevity is important for the survival ofthis site.What do you, sadhaks say. are you emancipated enough to change or still in theold habits jailSiva

------------------

Dear Moderator,Love and Love alone....I am a member of Gita-talk group from its inception and I have been observing it at different levels of its growth. You may be happy as a Moderator, but there is a lot to do more to ensure that it serves its members well and grows from strength to trength. I am in it not only as one of the very first few members of this group initially, but also as a member who contributed a lot at regular intervals in the past and now withdrawn due to some issues later and reduced myself as a mere reader and at present, now and then and whenever there is an inner-urge, I contribute, without bothering to check whether it has been accepted by you or rejected it outrightly as the Moderator.This mail is also in response to an inner-urge to let you know what many feel about it and especailly what I feel about it, though you never asked for it. I have a few points to make, leaving the decision entirely to you as Moderator. If you like them, accept them as HIS prasad, if not, just dump them in the dust bin without a second thought. I am no one.1. The contributions in the digest are too lengthy to read and understand the essence of the replies to the quesions and most of the answers are completely burried in the verbose rather than really understanding and appreciating them. Try to make the answers as simple as possible, and just to the point.2. You are taking up too many issues in one digest. Since the topic as well as the answers under each topic are too many, I am receiving the digests completely truncated. In other words, I receive answers only for the first topic or subject and all other else is completely deleted. It means, I receive only the topic headlines in the beginning, without the explanations offered by the contributing members. Therefore, what I feel is that you take up just one subject each time, in addition to the slokas and their explanations being contributed. Give a deadline for each subjectet (like three days or four days, as per your discretion, keeping in view the importance of the topic) and let it continue for that many days. If necessary, and just before the deadline, announce through the digest itself that tomorrow or by a particular date you are going to close the topic.3. If there are some praisworthy words for other members' contributions, let them be and include them, but keep them separately, if you feel it is not a right way to keep them in the same digest. It is always healthy to permit such posts, as they will encourage the contributors, but if you want to keep them in the main digest or keep them separately, it is upto you. But it is always prudent to keep a few of such kind of good posts.4. If you think that that you are over-burdened with the work, you can share the Moderatorship with other eligible and important contributors. That is what we are doing in "Telugu Bhakti Pages". You can visit that digest and see yourself. We are 4 Moderators and Two owners in it and we are running it very well, without any burden or problem. If there is any issue, we exchange our ideas before taking a unanimous decision. But, if you are afraid that the content will be diluted if you do so, then circulate dos and don'ts before and see that they follow these scrupulously.5. Though it is basically Gita digest, there is nothing wrong if there are some quotes from other scriptures also like Puranas, Upanishads, and other Vedantic scriptures, as long as they are in response to the subject content and not against the basic tenets of the digest.I have a few more, but once seeing your reaction to the above, I will make them available to you in the days to come. We may even change the above suggestions, depending on the changing situations and development of the digest.I leave it to you to decide.Love and Love alone....Paritala Gopi Krishna

----------------

Dear Sadhak friends:

1. When one gets more than three or four emails where there is some thinking,understanding and digesting the content is involved, it looses its pupose. Sometimes I have recived eight or more emails from you.

2. The subject matter for the questions should be pertinent to spiritual aspectsof the Gita. While there is a room for personal problems to be answered interms of the Gita teachings, they belong more to Ann Landers type columns.

3. At any given time there should not be more tha 4 to 5 topics discussed. Each topic should run for a specified lenth of time,4 to 5 weeks and shouldclose.

4. Those who ask the question must have read the Gita and then refer to thepart that is difficult to undersatd or interpret.

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limit the use to Sanskrit words and provide English wordbracketed.

Guest guest

Shree HariRam RamWe would like to take this opportunity to hear your thoughts on how we can makethis group more effective for all sadhaks.- Please address what we should do more of or less of?- Please suggest ideas you have like in other forums / groups that we must tryto incorporate? We look forward to your valuable input.- Also any suggestions for the moderators to be more effective- Any changes to the group's guidelines and adherenceThank you, with devotion, Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram----------------NEW POSTING-Shree Hari-There are already 8 sound rules.Now if we get too carried away with the suggestions, we might have to write abook of rules.But alas many of the suggestions, pull in different directions.One regular comment is on verbosity, yes it is easy for some to get carriedaway, a point worthy of note.Basically you the respected Moderator, have got the mix right.One point for some to note, there is a huge wealth of experience and insightamong Sadhaks, this forum is for all Sadhaks, period!The way Sadhaks sign on and off is up to them, if it sickens some, ignore it,there may be something implicit one misses, who knows?What is it, 7,000 to 20,000 in one year, surely something is right.Just to sicken some.With Respect and Divine Love,MikE Keenor---------------NamasteThanks to the Moderators for a wonderful job, well done, please keep it up.If the group continues as it is now I will be satisfied but here are a few suggestions that may be considered:1. Shrikant's daily Gita-talk is informative and illuminating, keep this going.2. Questions must be as precise as possible and focused on a single issue; if more questions are to be asked on more issues, these should be sent separately.This allows us to keep the discussion on track without digressing and diversions. 3. Similarly, answers should be precise and address the question; verbosity leads to ambiguity and a long and meandering thread that soon departs from the original issue and sidetracks into many other different topics. These may be quite valid and important points but we should allow

related - or unrelated issues - to piggyback on the original point.4. This is GITA-TALK, i.e. talk about GITA, hence we should refer to GITA for every issue.GITA has answers to every aspect of human life so everyone should ensure there are references

to GITA, and if possible, UPANISHADS, RAMAYANA, and MAHABHARATA, but

keep it focused on GITA. If there is demand, Moderators can open other

groups for other scriptures.5. Avoid broad generalizations and

stereotyping - back up claims and quotations with adequate references

and original sources. Discussions cannot be allowed to degenerate into

claims and counterclaims; we should attempt to achieve robust and

rigorous disscussion and debate that would add to our personal

spiritual growth and add ot the knowledge database, or else we will

simply be a talkshop that does not benfit us.6. I do not agree with those who say we should not discuss personal problems; GITA

is not

dry and theoritical, it is about us - human beings, who face problems

24/7. So let us help with personal problems but keep it FOCUSED. Refer

to GITA in answering and informing; use GITA to solve problems; quote

GITA; justify answers with GITA; put GITA above all. GITA can solve

all problems. Keep the issue - original questions, follow-up questions,

and answers related to GITA. 7. I suggest a maximum of 3

message per day except maybe once or twice per month when the

Moderators need to prune and clean the pending list of messages stored

there for a while. I do believe most can handle 3 messages per day.

Make GITA_TALK your top list - what can be more important than GITA? I

urge fellow members to share the GITA-TALK messages and also to invite

others to join this most Divine group. 8. Moderators should

ensure these policy are adhered to, or else do not approve posts that

violate them. We must remember there are over 20,000

members in this group and we have to keep the discussion focused and of

high quality and usefulness so that all members benefit. We cannot be

selfish and violate the group policies, to the detriment of the general

membership. I

salute the Moderators and members who post and contribute. Let us

strive to improve the group and share this Divine Knowledge with as

many as possible.Ram RamDeosaran Bisnath----------------------To questioners: No suggestions from my side. Full freedom should be the basisfor questioning. Any expectations from a question kills the very idea ofquestioning.To moderators: One of the most wonderful group of people with highest order ofintegrity and morale I ever know ... they are doing thier best ... ... no suggestions again.To responders (this includes me as well): PLEASE TRY NOT TO LEND YOURSELF INTOTHE CLUTCHES OF FANATICISM IN THE NAME OF FAITH!Respects.Naga Narayana------------Dear Moderator,

Your directions are worth following but it does not happen

Please allow any reference about any topic to read by the Sadhaks

Allow phone numbers and web site for the reading of the Sadhaks

Allow other scriptures for the reference

Do not allow any words about sex or bad behavior

Brahmin group also interested in some topis

Let us concentrate on the teachings of Bhagvat Gita

I am trying to place Bhagvata Geeta in every room of Motels and hotelsPlease let me know the names of Swamis often refereed to Mention his web site and phone numbersMy best wishes

Truly yours

Shankerprasad S Bhatt M.ComPranaam.

My support to the suggestions of Madan Ji, Swami Rupesh Ji, Suresh

Ji and Vyas Ji. I fully agree that personal questions with regards to

day to day life must be allowed.Have been a member of many online Hindu

groups/Bhakti Groups and this is the only one that seriously deal with

Dharmic life and how to manage our lives in a Dharmic way. With my own

personal tragedy I gave up interest in all of the other groups

including ones that I moderate. This is the only group where postings

from some very learned souls have given me solace. This is what

Sewa/Satsangha is all about. My sincere thanks to the Moderaters and

may they continue to be blessed in their Sewa.

Regards,

Nanda

TAD VISNOH PARAMAM PADAM (Rg Veda 1.22.20)----------------------------First of all, the name of this body is, Paritala Gopi Krishna (and NOT

Gopala Krishan, Gopala Krishnan or Gopala Krishnana). Kindly note.Thank

you very much for the interesting points on the above topic. It is

important now, before it becomes unwieldy, to allow in some

good-intended suggestions to make the group more vibrant and help it

grow robust. My intention is NOT at all to point at anybody, more so

towards the Moderators, who are undoubtedly doing an excellent job, an

accusing finger, but it can definitely be improved upon. My point is

very simple and it is for the betterment of the group.Truly, Pujya Swamiji's Gita is the foundation of this group, and it

does not mean that we should not quote from any other scripture. So,

let us not confine or narrow our vision. The more, the better, provided

the argument is simple, crystal clear and crisp. But, what I found most

of the times, being one of the first members to join this August Group

and seeing its growth, is some of the contributors are more interested

in (pumping in their points in) lengthy discussions rather than crisp

and clear responses, leaving sufficient space for many more to open up

and give their idea too. Since the responses are lengthy and the topics

are too many, I receive majority of digests truncated. I feel sad and

disappointed to deprive me of the pleasure of reading the contributions

by other learned members.Many thanks to Swami Rupesh Kumar ji and Anirudh Joshi ji for their

kind words. Probably they are more eloquent in expressing the feelings

than me.-- Paritala Gopi Krishna

-------PRIOR POSTINGmore restrictions are kept for postingsVIJAYANJI-----------------Hari OmAt the outset let me state that GT Moderator/ s has /have been doing an excellent, absolutely selfless, exceptional and divine service to the humanity at large. I have no doubts on the same. With the membership shooting up nearly 3 times in just one year and the no of messages posted increasing from average 40/50 messages per month to an average of nearly 140/150 messages per month and the no of Qs also increasing in same proportions, it must be a challenging task.Coming to suggestions, I agree with Madanji Kaura and Suresh Sharmaji on almost everything they wrote. Frankly and honestly I feel we have very good way already of dealing with Qs. Yes- on Brevity/relevance/references front, it is our duty to be the most particular.I feel that Qs should be divided into 4 parts-1 on Gita verses; and technicals arising out of Gitaji such as Equanimity/Gunas/ Bhavas/ Mind/Intellect/ ego/body/ Raag/Dvesha/ Duty/acceptance/Surrender/ Yoga- Karma, Jnana, Bhakti, Raaj, etc etc / Karma/Sadhak/ Conscience/ Consciousness etc etc (few examples, in fact ). This is immensely useful to all. Here Gita references/Swamiji's views on the same/ other Saints and Sages' views/ etc should be discussed.- 2 Personal real life problems in implementing Gita into practice and in facing the viccissitudes of Dukhalayam("Gita" here includes all Scriptures- Ramayana, Vedas, Puranas, Upanishads, Smritis, and teachings of Saints and Sages )Again here the views of Swamiji should be discussed in particular.-3 God Realisation/ Liberation methods taught by Scriptures and particularly by Gitaji, Ramayana and Swamiji Shri Ramsukhdasji Maharaj.4 General at the discretion of Moderators.At a given time , one Q each from the above may be discussed. Total 4 Qs at a time. Not more than 4: maximum say for 21 days days at the most. New Q of same category should be posted upon closure of earlier Q. ( Thus minimum Qs deliberated in a year this way comes to 68 Qs in a year- provided each Q runs for 3 weeks; if it runs for 2 weeks the no will be 104 )No of Qs answered should be given equal importance as no of messages posted per month on home page of web site.There should be a summary made by a member of moderators and/or panel specially formed for summarising the Q at the time of closure of Q. Here Swamiji's views on the subject and views of Gitaji/Ramayana etc should be accorded conclusive prominence with references of His books/ verses of Gitaji/ Scriptures. This job may be taken up by rotation also by sadhaks. Panel may be made for summarising the Q.There should a fixed time for continuation of a Q. The opening and closure dates should be displayed with the original Q itself.Yes! Utmost importance should be given to brevity; relevance (very important) and references of Gita verses/Swamiji's books/ Scriptures.THERE SHOULD BE NO COMPROMISE ON THIS.Personal Qs, praises of fellow sadhaks and honourable mild correction in any faults in the individual responses should be encouraged and welcomed. You must be critical of what is an obvious fault- we must point out precisely that. There is no purpose otherwise of having Satsanga. But when you point out fault , you must give references of Gita/Scriptures/Swamiji etc There is no individual by the name which is important/ under deliberation. There are bhavas/concepts/themes/principles which get deliberated. There if some one is stating something wrongly, he must be told so. Similarly we must praise right concepts/bhavas/expressions. That encourages contributions.We may discuss nitti gritties if the above are found prima facie acceptable.Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B--------------------------------Hare krishna,This is in response to your Question.1. Questions and answers must Be relevant to bhagavad gita.2. Please quote gita ( the slokas) when ever and where everPossible, pertinent with englishExplanations3. Responses to be brief4. Avoid repetitionsPrasda iragavarapu. M. D-------------------------Narain ! Narain !! This forum is divine in itself. If things continue in the existing manner... OK ! If they are changed OK !! There is a power of Swamiji behind this forum. Hence say Narain ! Narain !! Moderators need to screen less, and remain balanced.. sometimes there is a feeling that they are responsible for content. Remain naturally blissful in all circumstances and stay aways from strong likings and dislikings. However serpent like long messages should definitely be cut to size as per Madanji Kaura's yardstick- one page. DONT WORRY about the CONTENT MANAGEMENT. You might not be able to do that! Even a really learned person gets lost in the webs built by their long, incomprehensible, lyrical sentences. Let combined TRUTH root out the UNTRUTH. They should be like a court judge: fair, equanimous and gentle to all. Rest the diversity of people in the forum will take care and there will be a balance emerging in medium run. After some Kurukshetra TRUTH WILL PREVAIL IN THE END. Let forces fight, if they are so willing.Sure, funny poems, glories to individual gurus, insistences etc will be dealt by opposing forces ( Laws of Nature will cause it) , and Moderators should let both of them flourish so long as they are in tolerable limits. Already, some of habitually irrelevant and long narrators ( In Madanji's words ..essay writers) have exposed themselves fully, and are now in "correcting themselves mode". Encourage now them to be brief. Divinity may come out of them. Narain ! Narain !! Naarad N Maharishi -----------------Newer Responses to your postings should be at the beginning of the message.people should feel their views are heard, listened to and posted !!Durgesh Mankikar,MD----------------Jai Shree Krishna I have my own reasons to be part of this Divine Forum. Nothing gives me more peace than Satsanga. Here are few points: Let me state that I am in agreement with Madanji Kaura fully and in toto; with Suresh ji Sharma on all points except Sr no 8 and Sr no 9 and with the "emotions" of Paritala Gopala Krishnan. You cant eliminate human emotions from Satsanga. We can "manage" them only. Another name of SATSANGA is truthful emotions- truth as perceived by the individual responder.Any way. Everything is ok with this Forum except that at places ego is excessively taking over the deliberations. No lessons appear to have been learnt by few regular contributors to the simple fact that over insistence on any subject is counter productive. Advice to Moderators: Do not let the deliberations de-rail. When deliberations become irrelevant, this Forum as a whole misses more deep and intimate points/deliberations and you rush to close the topic merely to maintain law and order situation. What really pains me, is " formation of groups" within "Group" ! That is not good. Rest all is OK. Generally, personal problems MUST be allowed. If not here , then where? Praises and criticisms should be allowed. Praise because: that is Divine, and is meant for distributing only and not for expecting. Even God becomes happy by praise. Goal of human beings is to make others happy. Says Tulsidasji Maharaj- "AURAHOON MAAN AUR AAP AMAANI" ( Give respect to others but dont expect respect for yourself). More than Praise , the quick, immediate and direct pointing out of faults/deficiencies in responses should be encouraged. As I said once: In Satsanga each is Guru and each is Chella (This is cardinal principle of Satsanga- Refer Scriptures- Sanatkumars doing Satsanga) ! If in this Forum, you dont find faults , where else the sadhaks will get an opportunity to get their subtle deficiencies cured ? Everybody has a fault being a human. As a law, fault is not visible to himself and is always visible to others. Only you can see my fault, and I can see your fault. Yes ! When you find out faults: You should give reasons. Those reasons then advance the satsanga - no individual name then remains to be of any value- fact whether the deliberated subject is SAT or ASAT only remains in focus.. If this is banned , then the very name SATSANGA shall cease. Here there is no place for "personal likings and dislikings": facts are crucial. SATSANGA is association with SAT ! SAT is absence of ASAT. You must take out ASAT and throw it to the winds, then only SAT remains behind. Ruthlessly, direct, point blank , instantly, unhesitantingly, the ASAT must be brought out - as cruelly as a surgeon removes the diseased portion. I have no doubts on the same. Individual Ego will get a smash but later on it will help the sadhak.If some body comes here for exhibition of non sense and ego : Sorry this is not that forum. It goes without saying that each of participant has no "personal" touch with the other, hence has no score to settle. Principles/ truth/concepts are ultimately the focal points. All are divine but all are human. Tell them : You are wrong point blank if you have reasons. Tell them : You are right if you have reasons. Swami Rupesh Kumar------------------------Raam ! Raam !! Note of Shri Paritala Gopalkrishnan has some subtle pain hidden in it. May be some of his messages were ruthlessly thrown into the dustbin in the past. Here there is a point. When you reject a note it should have reasons, and a CATEGORICAL signal that the same thing is not allowed elsewhere. It should not be that one thing is acceptable from Mr X but not from Mr Y. But overall, I must state that this Forum is being managed in an excellent manner. My advice to contributors is to be BRIEF, RELEVANT and REASONABLE. You must state that reason supported by references. There should be no "cross praising" resorted to. ( Mr X praises Mr Y , then Mr Y reciprocates and each supporting other... unmindful of the contents). You should accept the truth with open arms. My advice to Moderators is to UNIVERSALLY APPLY the discipline. You dont help any one by asking A to be brief or meticulously cutting A to size, and allowing B to go endless .... pages upon pages ! That confuses. Your devotion to Gitaji and Swamiji is divine and your goal is divine. But cut only them to size...who are indulging into open defiance of Moderators' Guidelines. OPEN ! CLEAR !! VISIBLE !!! OBVIOUS!!!! If somebody makes a summary of last one year's deliberations, one will clearly find out who have been irrelevant, aimless, long and who have been truthful, focussed and brief. Cut the former and not the latter. As simple as that ! Pranaams Anirudh Joshi --------------------------- Radhey! Radhey!! This is one of the best managed Satsanga Forums in the world with a talent unparallel. There is nothing wrong in management and format of this Forum. Improvements are needed at Moderators' end only in identifying those regulars who as a habit just keep being contrary to the truth. IRRELEVANCE, essay like long long meaning less messages and insistence on one method only are the things which Moderators must apply scissors on. Cut them ruthlessly to size..... you are divine else ! I liked suggestions of Madanji and Sureshji Sharma. Personally I am fortunate to be sharing my views and reading views of Swamiji and other sadhaks. This forum is DIVINE in itself. There is no place for "individualities" or egos here. Ruthlessly crush EGOS. Absolutely with precision. The crushed ego holder will later on bless you by soul. Why not? One should be "conscious" of what he is expressing. All here are learned. EGOLESSNESS is the goal of sadhaks. One should come here to get that only crushed to pieces. Why not? Is there any similar forum elsewhere? Where egos are crushed to pieces? Make one error in expression, ten should pounce upon you... then the ego gets crushed. Not by running away !! Let us cut every ASAT to size ! SATSANGA ......!! Radhey ! Radhey !! Nisha Chatterji ---------------Shree Hari|| Ram Ram || Dear all, Thanks to moderators for giving the opportunity to the Sadhkas for further quality enhancement of Gita-talk messages. Few suggestions for your kind consideration: QUESTIONS:1. Before raising the question, pls. do a quick search to see if this question is a repeat2. Pls. do not explain the background of the question, clearly and briefly state the question3. Pls. limit the Question up to maximum 5 lines, keep it a question not an explanation 4. Pls. raise questions on daily Sadhaka message or Gitaji themes in general to enhance our understanding of Gitaji. RESPONSES1. Brevity and clarity is super important, pls. attempt to keep the response under a page . 2. Pls. Focus on what is being asked, avoid unnecessary background, For good response examples, refer to responses by Meera Dasji (Devotion & Love, May 23, Daily Practice May 21)3. Pls. restrict personal opinions, quote scriptures or refer to Swamiji's discourses.4. Pls. use paragraphs to explain different points as opposed to one long essay 5. Pls. do not respond to your own question, there have been few such instances. 6. Pls. do not send message in a hurry, many thousands are reading your message, their time and your time is precious. 7. Before sending the message, pls. quickly review to see if it meets the Guide Lines. FOR MODERATORS1. Pls. post those responses only which directly focus on the question 2. Pls. post only 4-5 responses everyday 3. Pls. post the messages once a day, if possible about the same time of day to save time. || Ram Ram || Humble regards,Madan Kaura----------------Dear Moderator Fully agree with Mr Arvind's two valuable suggestions-1)Query should deepenundersatnding of Gita and 2)Query should be from person who reads Gita. Earlier I had suggested that personal issues and problems may please be avoided.The issuesrelated to relationships & health etc occurs due to Karmic consequences and at that time itis still more difficult to read and understand Gita.While we have compassion for the suffering ,the forum may not provide solace or solution.Still the personal issues can be discussed subject to:-1)If you feel that the discussion is beneficial to the querist.2)The querist is motivated to take up study of Gita3)The topic is closed in a week or ten day's time Another suggestion is that response or reply should be brief.A bit of editing is required. regards Ashok J-----------------Dear all, May I suggest in the interest of all that : (1) Mails must remain small, this is not a forum to exhibit our literary skills. Brief and clear messages are a 'must' because readers do not have time to go through all the details. Brevity is the soul. Small is beatiful. (2) Kindly avoid senseless poems (in fact non-poems), if someone wants to post a poem, then it should be in proper meters (Chhand - Matrik and Varnik, as great devotional poets have done in the past and are doing now). And the so-called 'poet' should not mention his name time and again uselessly like a pathetic egoist. This defeats the very purpose of this forum. (3) There is no harm in discussing personal problems and their solutions from spiritual point of view within the framework of the Gita and Swami Ramsukhdas ji Maharaj. Some deviation can be tolerated but within a limit only, depending on the discretion of the Moderator. (4) No thread should be allowed to linger more than one month, as a thumb-rule. (5) There should be 4-5 threads on a daily basis, more topics create problems in making out the sense of the various threads. I on some occasions find them repetitive. (6) Moderation should be rotated. For example, Sadhak A be appointed as moderator for two months, then Sadhak B, and then Sadhak C, but the chief moderator should remain one. This will enhance creativity of this forum. Momderator/s should decide whom to transfer the roration. (7) Filmi songs must be banned to be quoted in this forum (with sincere apologies to Shashikala ji). No compromise on this, though of course all is Vasudevam, but some yardstick has to be adopted to maintain the standard. However, devotional songs by famous sants/poets, even if they have been incorporated in the filmi world, should be allowed. (8) In a thread, the latest mail should be posted below and the first on the top.... so that we can logically understand about what is being discussed. (9) Many posts are repeated in long threads under the headings 'prior posts' and 'new posts' - this can be avoided, it will save time for the moderator to concentrate on better things and the readers' attention will not be diverted. (10) One forum on 'Ramcharitmanas Talk or say RT) should also be launched. I request the present moderator/s to kindly moderate the new forum, if launched. With profound regards,Suresh C. SharmaThe Moderators are doing excellent Sewa ............. and I donot feel that they could do more . And yet ................. some thoughts on the subject follow. Many times,narinder finds that Sadhaks love to play the Guru. They feel they are enlightened guides. Sharing thoughts is one thing ........................... but ,if too many sadhakas start playing the Guru , where ,then,does one find the Guru,whom one may consider the last word. There is a possibility of a sadhaka becoming 'confused' by the discussions.No doubt,the word is the Guru. But,unless the Mind has awakened( death of Mind?),the mind imparts its own colour to whatever the word's true intelligence is.To keep moving into higher dimensions of spirituality ............. the Union with the Satguru eternallyresiding in the cavity of one's own heart is needed ................. then,one becomes capable of hearing His( the Satguru's) voice. This Union with the Satguru takes place in the Stilled Mind ..............in Meditation,the result of Meditation. And it is the outer Guru ,who leads a sadhaka into this Union.That is why,narinder feels that the main purpose that such forums as this serve is to provoke sadhakas to long for spiritual awakening , .......................to awaken in them a desire for sadhna ,and a longing to move into the presence of an enlightened master for clearance of one's personal doubts through ' one to one ' discussion .The role of an enlightened Master cannot be performed by this Forum .The presence of an enlightened Master is needed for True Progress.And,this aim ......is being achieved excellently.The guidelines laid by the Moderators are adequate. Alas! many sadhaks do NOT follow them...............To end ,what narinder started with ...........The Moderators are doing excellent Sewa ............. and I donot feel that they could do more .AUMNarinder Bhandari------------------Sadhak site moderators and participantsAll Sadaks are supposedly equal.And there are some who want more knowledge on things said and unsaid.Now the way this site is conducted needs improvement :-1. The language should be simple. Often the language for no reason drifts intophilosophical mumbo jumbo. Which means only a select few who understand thisjargon can benefit2. The unnecessary pranams, honorifics, "hari Om" they all smack of posturing.and not spirituality. highly unbecomeing and obnoxious3. The treatment given to new comers with different problems needs to beimproved. often everyday problems are looked down upon. someone or other isbound to ask, is this the right topic to be discussed here ? I strongly belivethis needs to change. all topics must be welcomed. but answer is with referenceto Geetha.4. Complete lack of brevity. this site is meant for busy youngsters and not forthe old rags who are retired. hence the brevity is important for the survival ofthis site.What do you, sadhaks say. are you emancipated enough to change or still in theold habits jailSiva------------------Dear Moderator,Love and Love alone....I am a member of Gita-talk group from its inception and I have been observing it at different levels of its growth. You may be happy as a Moderator, but there is a lot to do more to ensure that it serves its members well and grows from strength to trength. I am in it not only as one of the very first few members of this group initially, but also as a member who contributed a lot at regular intervals in the past and now withdrawn due to some issues later and reduced myself as a mere reader and at present, now and then and whenever there is an inner-urge, I contribute, without bothering to check whether it has been accepted by you or rejected it outrightly as the Moderator.This mail is also in response to an inner-urge to let you know what many feel about it and especailly what I feel about it, though you never asked for it. I have a few points to make, leaving the decision entirely to you as Moderator. If you like them, accept them as HIS prasad, if not, just dump them in the dust bin without a second thought. I am no one.1. The contributions in the digest are too lengthy to read and understand the essence of the replies to the quesions and most of the answers are completely burried in the verbose rather than really understanding and appreciating them. Try to make the answers as simple as possible, and just to the point.2. You are taking up too many issues in one digest. Since the topic as well as the answers under each topic are too many, I am receiving the digests completely truncated. In other words, I receive answers only for the first topic or subject and all other else is completely deleted. It means, I receive only the topic headlines in the beginning, without the explanations offered by the contributing members. Therefore, what I feel is that you take up just one subject each time, in addition to the slokas and their explanations being contributed. Give a deadline for each subjectet (like three days or four days, as per your discretion, keeping in view the importance of the topic) and let it continue for that many days. If necessary, and just before the deadline, announce through the digest itself that tomorrow or by a particular date you are going to close the topic.3. If there are some praisworthy words for other members' contributions, let them be and include them, but keep them separately, if you feel it is not a right way to keep them in the same digest. It is always healthy to permit such posts, as they will encourage the contributors, but if you want to keep them in the main digest or keep them separately, it is upto you. But it is always prudent to keep a few of such kind of good posts.4. If you think that that you are over-burdened with the work, you can share the Moderatorship with other eligible and important contributors. That is what we are doing in "Telugu Bhakti Pages". You can visit that digest and see yourself. We are 4 Moderators and Two owners in it and we are running it very well, without any burden or problem. If there is any issue, we exchange our ideas before taking a unanimous decision. But, if you are afraid that the content will be diluted if you do so, then circulate dos and don'ts before and see that they follow these scrupulously.5. Though it is basically Gita digest, there is nothing wrong if there are some quotes from other scriptures also like Puranas, Upanishads, and other Vedantic scriptures, as long as they are in response to the subject content and not against the basic tenets of the digest.I have a few more, but once seeing your reaction to the above, I will make them available to you in the days to come. We may even change the above suggestions, depending on the changing situations and development of the digest.I leave it to you to decide.Love and Love alone....Paritala Gopi Krishna----------------Dear Sadhak friends:I want to share few points about your emails.1. When one gets more than three or four emails where there is some thinking,understanding and digesting the content is involved, it looses its pupose. Sometimes I have recived eight or more emails from you.2. The subject matter for the questions should be pertinent to spiritual aspectsof the Gita. While there is a room for personal problems to be answered interms of the Gita teachings, they belong more to Ann Landers type columns.3. At any given time there should not be more tha 4 to 5 topics discussed.Each topic should run for a specified lenth of time,4 to 5 weeks and shouldclose.4. Those who ask the question must have read the Gita and then refer to thepart that is difficult to undersatd or interpret.5. Some of the answers are simply lot of words.I hope you appreciate my comments.With best wishes,Arvind KhetiaGITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limit the use to Sanskrit words and provide English wordbracketed.MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

Guest guest

Shree HariRam Ram

Shree hari Ram Ram

We will summarize these suggestions at next posting, and seek your guidance to prioritize, implement key improvement opportunities. We will also maintain a running prioritized list for continuous improvement. At present we will focus on adherence to existing guidelines. Thank you all sincerely for your feedback.

From Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram

------------------

NEW POSTING

narinder totally agrees with Mike Keenor and naga Narayana jee ..................

the present set of rules is adequate ...........................

observance is needed ...................

AUM

narinder

-----------------

You asked for suggestion - I think the emails are too long to follow the debate, you need a moderator who can summarize the points may be. Otherwise nobody would have the time to go through long emails to follow the points. I do not and so mostly just hit the delete button.

Anil Bhanot

Hindu Council UK

-----------------

................one aspect for consideration is ........................

The Bhagvada Gita is an Ocean ........................... it is the quintessance of all the Upanishads ...........

the ocean embraces all the streams flowing in it ................

let it remain the Ocean it is ...................... Truth is ONE .............................. where relevant, other Masters/ scriptures quoted by Sadhakas may continue to be shown respect ,as is presently being done ....the main criterian would be ..." will it help the sadhakas reading the message to advance in their understanding?"

AUM

narinder

-------------------------------

----------------

PRIOR POSTING

-Shree Hari-There are already 8 sound rules.Now if we get too carried away with the suggestions, we might have to write abook of rules.But alas many of the suggestions, pull in different directions.One regular comment is on verbosity, yes it is easy for some to get carriedaway, a point worthy of note.Basically you the respected Moderator, have got the mix right.One point for some to note, there is a huge wealth of experience and insightamong Sadhaks, this forum is for all Sadhaks, period!The way Sadhaks sign on and off is up to them, if it sickens some, ignore it,there may be something implicit one misses, who knows?What is it, 7,000 to 20,000 in one year, surely something is right.Just to sicken some.With Respect and Divine Love,MikE Keenor---------------

Namaste

Thanks to the Moderators for a wonderful job, well done, please keep it up.If the group continues as it is now I will be satisfied but here are a few suggestions that may be considered:

1. Shrikant's daily Gita-talk is informative and illuminating, keep this going.

2. Questions must be as precise as possible and focused on a single issue; if more questions are to be asked on more issues, these should be sent separately.This allows us to keep the discussion on track without digressing and diversions. 3. Similarly, answers should be precise and address the question; verbosity leads to ambiguity and a long and meandering thread that soon departs from the original issue and sidetracks into many other different topics. These may be quite valid and important points but we should allow related - or unrelated issues - to piggyback on the original point.

4. This is GITA-TALK, i.e. talk about GITA, hence we should refer to GITA for every issue.GITA has answers to every aspect of human life so everyone should ensure there are references to GITA, and if possible, UPANISHADS, RAMAYANA, and MAHABHARATA, but keep it focused on GITA. If there is demand, Moderators can open other groups for other scriptures.

5. Avoid broad generalizations and stereotyping - back up claims and quotations with adequate references and original sources. Discussions cannot be allowed to degenerate into claims and counterclaims; we should attempt to achieve robust and rigorous disscussion and debate that would add to our personal spiritual growth and add ot the knowledge database, or else we will simply be a talkshop that does not benfit us.

6. I do not agree with those who say we should not discuss personal problems; GITA is not dry and theoritical, it is about us - human beings, who face problems 24/7. So let us help with personal problems but keep it FOCUSED. Refer to GITA in answering and informing; use GITA to solve problems; quote GITA; justify answers with GITA; put GITA above all. GITA can solve all problems. Keep the issue - original questions, follow-up questions, and answers related to GITA.

7. I suggest a maximum of 3 message per day except maybe once or twice per month when the Moderators need to prune and clean the pending list of messages stored there for a while. I do believe most can handle 3 messages per day. Make GITA_TALK your top list - what can be more important than GITA? I urge fellow members to share the GITA-TALK messages and also to invite others to join this most Divine group.

8. Moderators should ensure these policy are adhered to, or else do not approve posts that violate them. We must remember there are over 20,000 members in this group and we have to keep the discussion focused and of high quality and usefulness so that all members benefit. We cannot be selfish and violate the group policies, to the detriment of the general membership.

I salute the Moderators and members who post and contribute. Let us strive to improve the group and share this Divine Knowledge with as many as possible.

Ram Ram

Deosaran Bisnath

----------------------

To questioners: No suggestions from my side. Full freedom should be the basisfor questioning. Any expectations from a question kills the very idea ofquestioning.To moderators: One of the most wonderful group of people with highest order ofintegrity and morale I ever know ... they are doing thier best ... ... no suggestions again.To responders (this includes me as well): PLEASE TRY NOT TO LEND YOURSELF INTOTHE CLUTCHES OF FANATICISM IN THE NAME OF FAITH!Respects.Naga Narayana------------

Dear Moderator,Your directions are worth following but it does not happenPlease allow any reference about any topic to read by the SadhaksAllow phone numbers and web site for the reading of the SadhaksAllow other scriptures for the referenceDo not allow any words about sex or bad behaviorBrahmin group also interested in some topisLet us concentrate on the teachings of Bhagvat GitaI am trying to place Bhagvata Geeta in every room of Motels and hotelsPlease let me know the names of Swamis often refereed to Mention his web site and phone numbersMy best wishes Truly yours Shankerprasad S Bhatt M.Com

Pranaam. My support to the suggestions of Madan Ji, Swami Rupesh Ji, Suresh Ji and Vyas Ji. I fully agree that personal questions with regards to day to day life must be allowed.Have been a member of many online Hindu groups/Bhakti Groups and this is the only one that seriously deal with Dharmic life and how to manage our lives in a Dharmic way. With my own personal tragedy I gave up interest in all of the other groups including ones that I moderate. This is the only group where postings from some very learned souls have given me solace. This is what Sewa/Satsangha is all about. My sincere thanks to the Moderaters and may they continue to be blessed in their Sewa.

Regards,Nanda

TAD VISNOH PARAMAM PADAM (Rg Veda 1.22.20)

----------------------------

First of all, the name of this body is, Paritala Gopi Krishna (and NOT Gopala Krishan, Gopala Krishnan or Gopala Krishnana). Kindly note.

Thank you very much for the interesting points on the above topic. It is important now, before it becomes unwieldy, to allow in some good-intended suggestions to make the group more vibrant and help it grow robust. My intention is NOT at all to point at anybody, more so towards the Moderators, who are undoubtedly doing an excellent job, an accusing finger, but it can definitely be improved upon. My point is very simple and it is for the betterment of the group.

Truly, Pujya Swamiji's Gita is the foundation of this group, and it does not mean that we should not quote from any other scripture. So, let us not confine or narrow our vision. The more, the better, provided the argument is simple, crystal clear and crisp. But, what I found most of the times, being one of the first members to join this August Group and seeing its growth, is some of the contributors are more interested in (pumping in their points in) lengthy discussions rather than crisp and clear responses, leaving sufficient space for many more to open up and give their idea too. Since the responses are lengthy and the topics are too many, I receive majority of digests truncated. I feel sad and disappointed to deprive me of the pleasure of reading the contributions by other learned members.

Many thanks to Swami Rupesh Kumar ji and Anirudh Joshi ji for their kind words. Probably they are more eloquent in expressing the feelings than me.

-- Paritala Gopi Krishna

-------

PRIOR POSTING

more restrictions are kept for postings

VIJAYANJI

-----------------

Hari Om

At the outset let me state that GT Moderator/ s has /have been doing an excellent, absolutely selfless, exceptional and divine service to the humanity at large. I have no doubts on the same. With the membership shooting up nearly 3 times in just one year and the no of messages posted increasing from average 40/50 messages per month to an average of nearly 140/150 messages per month and the no of Qs also increasing in same proportions, it must be a challenging task.

Coming to suggestions, I agree with Madanji Kaura and Suresh Sharmaji on almost everything they wrote. Frankly and honestly I feel we have very good way already of dealing with Qs. Yes- on Brevity/relevance/references front, it is our duty to be the most particular.

I feel that Qs should be divided into 4 parts

-1 on Gita verses; and technicals arising out of Gitaji such as Equanimity/Gunas/ Bhavas/ Mind/Intellect/ ego/body/ Raag/Dvesha/ Duty/acceptance/Surrender/ Yoga- Karma, Jnana, Bhakti, Raaj, etc etc / Karma/Sadhak/ Conscience/ Consciousness etc etc (few examples, in fact ). This is immensely useful to all. Here Gita references/Swamiji's views on the same/ other Saints and Sages' views/ etc should be discussed.

- 2 Personal real life problems in implementing Gita into practice and in facing the viccissitudes of Dukhalayam("Gita" here includes all Scriptures- Ramayana, Vedas, Puranas, Upanishads, Smritis, and teachings of Saints and Sages )

Again here the views of Swamiji should be discussed in particular.

-3 God Realisation/ Liberation methods taught by Scriptures and particularly by Gitaji, Ramayana and Swamiji Shri Ramsukhdasji Maharaj.

4 General at the discretion of Moderators.

At a given time , one Q each from the above may be discussed. Total 4 Qs at a time. Not more than 4: maximum say for 21 days days at the most. New Q of same category should be posted upon closure of earlier Q. ( Thus minimum Qs deliberated in a year this way comes to 68 Qs in a year- provided each Q runs for 3 weeks; if it runs for 2 weeks the no will be 104 )

No of Qs answered should be given equal importance as no of messages posted per month on home page of web site.

There should be a summary made by a member of moderators and/or panel specially formed for summarising the Q at the time of closure of Q. Here Swamiji's views on the subject and views of Gitaji/Ramayana etc should be accorded conclusive prominence with references of His books/ verses of Gitaji/ Scriptures. This job may be taken up by rotation also by sadhaks. Panel may be made for summarising the Q.

There should a fixed time for continuation of a Q. The opening and closure dates should be displayed with the original Q itself.

Yes! Utmost importance should be given to brevity; relevance (very important) and references of Gita verses/Swamiji's books/ Scriptures.THERE SHOULD BE NO COMPROMISE ON THIS.

Personal Qs, praises of fellow sadhaks and honourable mild correction in any faults in the individual responses should be encouraged and welcomed. You must be critical of what is an obvious fault- we must point out precisely that. There is no purpose otherwise of having Satsanga. But when you point out fault , you must give references of Gita/Scriptures/Swamiji etc There is no individual by the name which is important/ under deliberation. There are bhavas/concepts/themes/principles which get deliberated. There if some one is stating something wrongly, he must be told so. Similarly we must praise right concepts/bhavas/expressions. That encourages contributions.

We may discuss nitti gritties if the above are found prima facie acceptable.

Jai Shree Krishna

Vyas N B

--------------------------------

Hare krishna,

This is in response to your Question.

1. Questions and answers must Be relevant to bhagavad gita.2. Please quote gita ( the slokas) when ever and where everPossible, pertinent with englishExplanations3. Responses to be brief4. Avoid repetitions

Prasda iragavarapu. M. D

-------------------------

Narain ! Narain !! This forum is divine in itself. If things continue in the existing manner... OK ! If they are changed OK !! There is a power of Swamiji behind this forum. Hence say Narain ! Narain !! Moderators need to screen less, and remain balanced.. sometimes there is a feeling that they are responsible for content. Remain naturally blissful in all circumstances and stay aways from strong likings and dislikings. However serpent like long messages should definitely be cut to size as per Madanji Kaura's yardstick- one page. DONT WORRY about the CONTENT MANAGEMENT. You might not be able to do that! Even a really learned person gets lost in the webs built by their long, incomprehensible, lyrical sentences. Let combined TRUTH root out the UNTRUTH. They should be like a court judge: fair, equanimous and gentle to all. Rest the diversity of people in the forum will take care and there will be a balance emerging in medium run. After some Kurukshetra TRUTH WILL PREVAIL IN THE END. Let forces fight, if they are so willing.Sure, funny poems, glories to individual gurus, insistences etc will be dealt by opposing forces ( Laws of Nature will cause it) , and Moderators should let both of them flourish so long as they are in tolerable limits. Already, some of habitually irrelevant and long narrators ( In Madanji's words ..essay writers) have exposed themselves fully, and are now in "correcting themselves mode". Encourage now them to be brief. Divinity may come out of them. Narain ! Narain !! Naarad N Maharishi -----------------Newer Responses to your postings should be at the beginning of the message.people should feel their views are heard, listened to and posted !!

Durgesh Mankikar,MD----------------Jai Shree Krishna I have my own reasons to be part of this Divine Forum. Nothing gives me more peace than Satsanga. Here are few points: Let me state that I am in agreement with Madanji Kaura fully and in toto; with Suresh ji Sharma on all points except Sr no 8 and Sr no 9 and with the "emotions" of Paritala Gopala Krishnan. You cant eliminate human emotions from Satsanga. We can "manage" them only. Another name of SATSANGA is truthful emotions- truth as perceived by the individual responder.Any way. Everything is ok with this Forum except that at places ego is excessively taking over the deliberations. No lessons appear to have been learnt by few regular contributors to the simple fact that over insistence on any subject is counter productive. Advice to Moderators: Do not let the deliberations de-rail. When deliberations become irrelevant, this Forum as a whole misses more deep and intimate points/deliberations and you rush to close the topic merely to maintain law and order situation. What really pains me, is " formation of groups" within "Group" ! That is not good. Rest all is OK. Generally, personal problems MUST be allowed. If not here , then where? Praises and criticisms should be allowed. Praise because: that is Divine, and is meant for distributing only and not for expecting. Even God becomes happy by praise. Goal of human beings is to make others happy. Says Tulsidasji Maharaj- "AURAHOON MAAN AUR AAP AMAANI" ( Give respect to others but dont expect respect for yourself). More than Praise , the quick, immediate and direct pointing out of faults/deficiencies in responses should be encouraged. As I said once: In Satsanga each is Guru and each is Chella (This is cardinal principle of Satsanga- Refer Scriptures- Sanatkumars doing Satsanga) ! If in this Forum, you dont find faults , where else the sadhaks will get an opportunity to get their subtle deficiencies cured ? Everybody has a fault being a human. As a law, fault is not visible to himself and is always visible to others. Only you can see my fault, and I can see your fault. Yes ! When you find out faults: You should give reasons. Those reasons then advance the satsanga - no individual name then remains to be of any value- fact whether the deliberated subject is SAT or ASAT only remains in focus.. If this is banned , then the very name SATSANGA shall cease. Here there is no place for "personal likings and dislikings": facts are crucial. SATSANGA is association with SAT ! SAT is absence of ASAT. You must take out ASAT and throw it to the winds, then only SAT remains behind. Ruthlessly, direct, point blank , instantly, unhesitantingly, the ASAT must be brought out - as cruelly as a surgeon removes the diseased portion. I have no doubts on the same. Individual Ego will get a smash but later on it will help the sadhak.If some body comes here for exhibition of non sense and ego : Sorry this is not that forum. It goes without saying that each of participant has no "personal" touch with the other, hence has no score to settle. Principles/ truth/concepts are ultimately the focal points. All are divine but all are human. Tell them : You are wrong point blank if you have reasons. Tell them : You are right if you have reasons. Swami Rupesh Kumar

------------------------Raam ! Raam !! Note of Shri Paritala Gopalkrishnan has some subtle pain hidden in it. May be some of his messages were ruthlessly thrown into the dustbin in the past. Here there is a point. When you reject a note it should have reasons, and a CATEGORICAL signal that the same thing is not allowed elsewhere. It should not be that one thing is acceptable from Mr X but not from Mr Y. But overall, I must state that this Forum is being managed in an excellent manner. My advice to contributors is to be BRIEF, RELEVANT and REASONABLE. You must state that reason supported by references. There should be no "cross praising" resorted to. ( Mr X praises Mr Y , then Mr Y reciprocates and each supporting other... unmindful of the contents). You should accept the truth with open arms. My advice to Moderators is to UNIVERSALLY APPLY the discipline. You dont help any one by asking A to be brief or meticulously cutting A to size, and allowing B to go endless .... pages upon pages ! That confuses. Your devotion to Gitaji and Swamiji is divine and your goal is divine. But cut only them to size...who are indulging into open defiance of Moderators' Guidelines. OPEN ! CLEAR !! VISIBLE !!! OBVIOUS!!!! If somebody makes a summary of last one year's deliberations, one will clearly find out who have been irrelevant, aimless, long and who have been truthful, focussed and brief. Cut the former and not the latter. As simple as that ! Pranaams Anirudh Joshi --------------------------- Radhey! Radhey!! This is one of the best managed Satsanga Forums in the world with a talent unparallel. There is nothing wrong in management and format of this Forum. Improvements are needed at Moderators' end only in identifying those regulars who as a habit just keep being contrary to the truth. IRRELEVANCE, essay like long long meaning less messages and insistence on one method only are the things which Moderators must apply scissors on. Cut them ruthlessly to size..... you are divine else ! I liked suggestions of Madanji and Sureshji Sharma. Personally I am fortunate to be sharing my views and reading views of Swamiji and other sadhaks. This forum is DIVINE in itself. There is no place for "individualities" or egos here. Ruthlessly crush EGOS. Absolutely with precision. The crushed ego holder will later on bless you by soul. Why not? One should be "conscious" of what he is expressing. All here are learned. EGOLESSNESS is the goal of sadhaks. One should come here to get that only crushed to pieces. Why not? Is there any similar forum elsewhere? Where egos are crushed to pieces? Make one error in expression, ten should pounce upon you... then the ego gets crushed. Not by running away !! Let us cut every ASAT to size ! SATSANGA ......!! Radhey ! Radhey !! Nisha Chatterji ---------------

Shree Hari|| Ram Ram ||

Dear all,

QUESTIONS:

RESPONSES

FOR MODERATORS

|| Ram Ram ||

----------------Dear Moderator Fully agree with Mr Arvind's two valuable suggestions-1)Query should deepenundersatnding of Gita and 2)Query should be from person who reads Gita. Earlier I had suggested that personal issues and problems may please be avoided.The issuesrelated to relationships & health etc occurs due to Karmic consequences and at that time itis still more difficult to read and understand Gita.While we have compassion for the suffering ,the forum may not provide solace or solution.Still the personal issues can be discussed subject to:-1)If you feel that the discussion is beneficial to the querist.2)The querist is motivated to take up study of Gita3)The topic is closed in a week or ten day's time Another suggestion is that response or reply should be brief.A bit of editing is required. regards Ashok J

-----------------

Dear all, May I suggest in the interest of all that : (1) Mails must remain small, this is not a forum to exhibit our literary skills. Brief and clear messages are a 'must' because readers do not have time to go through all the details. Brevity is the soul. Small is beatiful. (2) Kindly avoid senseless poems (in fact non-poems), if someone wants to post a poem, then it should be in proper meters (Chhand - Matrik and Varnik, as great devotional poets have done in the past and are doing now). And the so-called 'poet' should not mention his name time and again uselessly like a pathetic egoist. This defeats the very purpose of this forum. (3) There is no harm in discussing personal problems and their solutions from spiritual point of view within the framework of the Gita and Swami Ramsukhdas ji Maharaj. Some deviation can be tolerated but within a limit only, depending on the discretion of the Moderator. (4) No thread should be allowed to linger more than one month, as a thumb-rule. (5) There should be 4-5 threads on a daily basis, more topics create problems in making out the sense of the various threads. I on some occasions find them repetitive. (6) Moderation should be rotated. For example, Sadhak A be appointed as moderator for two months, then Sadhak B, and then Sadhak C, but the chief moderator should remain one. This will enhance creativity of this forum. Momderator/s should decide whom to transfer the roration. (7) Filmi songs must be banned to be quoted in this forum (with sincere apologies to Shashikala ji). No compromise on this, though of course all is Vasudevam, but some yardstick has to be adopted to maintain the standard. However, devotional songs by famous sants/poets, even if they have been incorporated in the filmi world, should be allowed. (8) In a thread, the latest mail should be posted below and the first on the top.... so that we can logically understand about what is being discussed. (9) Many posts are repeated in long threads under the headings 'prior posts' and 'new posts' - this can be avoided, it will save time for the moderator to concentrate on better things and the readers' attention will not be diverted. (10) One forum on 'Ramcharitmanas Talk or say RT) should also be launched. I request the present moderator/s to kindly moderate the new forum, if launched. With profound regards,Suresh C. SharmaThe Moderators are doing excellent Sewa ............. and I donot feel that they could do more . And yet ................. some thoughts on the subject follow. Many times,narinder finds that Sadhaks love to play the Guru. They feel they are enlightened guides. Sharing thoughts is one thing ........................... but ,if too many sadhakas start playing the Guru , where ,then,does one find the Guru,whom one may consider the last word. There is a possibility of a sadhaka becoming 'confused' by the discussions.

To end ,what narinder started with ...........The Moderators are doing excellent Sewa ............. and I donot feel that they could do more .

AUM

Narinder Bhandari

------------------

Sadhak site moderators and participants

All Sadaks are supposedly equal.

And there are some who want more knowledge on things said and unsaid.

Now the way this site is conducted needs improvement :-

1. The language should be simple. Often the language for no reason drifts intophilosophical mumbo jumbo. Which means only a select few who understand thisjargon can benefit

2. The unnecessary pranams, honorifics, "hari Om" they all smack of posturing.and not spirituality. highly unbecomeing and obnoxious

3. The treatment given to new comers with different problems needs to beimproved. often everyday problems are looked down upon. someone or other isbound to ask, is this the right topic to be discussed here ? I strongly belivethis needs to change. all topics must be welcomed. but answer is with referenceto Geetha.

4. Complete lack of brevity. this site is meant for busy youngsters and not forthe old rags who are retired. hence the brevity is important for the survival ofthis site.

What do you, sadhaks say. are you emancipated enough to change or still in theold habits jail

Siva

------------------

Dear Moderator,

Love and Love alone....

I am a member of Gita-talk group from its inception and I have been observing it at different levels of its growth. You may be happy as a Moderator, but there is a lot to do more to ensure that it serves its members well and grows from strength to trength. I am in it not only as one of the very first few members of this group initially, but also as a member who contributed a lot at regular intervals in the past and now withdrawn due to some issues later and reduced myself as a mere reader and at present, now and then and whenever there is an inner-urge, I contribute, without bothering to check whether it has been accepted by you or rejected it outrightly as the Moderator.

This mail is also in response to an inner-urge to let you know what many feel about it and especailly what I feel about it, though you never asked for it. I have a few points to make, leaving the decision entirely to you as Moderator. If you like them, accept them as HIS prasad, if not, just dump them in the dust bin without a second thought. I am no one.

1. The contributions in the digest are too lengthy to read and understand the essence of the replies to the quesions and most of the answers are completely burried in the verbose rather than really understanding and appreciating them. Try to make the answers as simple as possible, and just to the point.

2. You are taking up too many issues in one digest. Since the topic as well as the answers under each topic are too many, I am receiving the digests completely truncated. In other words, I receive answers only for the first topic or subject and all other else is completely deleted. It means, I receive only the topic headlines in the beginning, without the explanations offered by the contributing members. Therefore, what I feel is that you take up just one subject each time, in addition to the slokas and their explanations being contributed. Give a deadline for each subjectet (like three days or four days, as per your discretion, keeping in view the importance of the topic) and let it continue for that many days. If necessary, and just before the deadline, announce through the digest itself that tomorrow or by a particular date you are going to close the topic.

3. If there are some praisworthy words for other members' contributions, let them be and include them, but keep them separately, if you feel it is not a right way to keep them in the same digest. It is always healthy to permit such posts, as they will encourage the contributors, but if you want to keep them in the main digest or keep them separately, it is upto you. But it is always prudent to keep a few of such kind of good posts.

4. If you think that that you are over-burdened with the work, you can share the Moderatorship with other eligible and important contributors. That is what we are doing in "Telugu Bhakti Pages". You can visit that digest and see yourself. We are 4 Moderators and Two owners in it and we are running it very well, without any burden or problem. If there is any issue, we exchange our ideas before taking a unanimous decision. But, if you are afraid that the content will be diluted if you do so, then circulate dos and don'ts before and see that they follow these scrupulously.

5. Though it is basically Gita digest, there is nothing wrong if there are some quotes from other scriptures also like Puranas, Upanishads, and other Vedantic scriptures, as long as they are in response to the subject content and not against the basic tenets of the digest.

I have a few more, but once seeing your reaction to the above, I will make them available to you in the days to come. We may even change the above suggestions, depending on the changing situations and development of the digest.

I leave it to you to decide.

Love and Love alone....

Paritala Gopi Krishna

----------------

Dear Sadhak friends:

3. At any given time there should not be more tha 4 to 5 topics discussed.Each topic should run for a specified lenth of time,4 to 5 weeks and shouldclose.