Guest guest

Guest guest

my beloved kitty

i need to know what mantras to say and for how many days for my beloved kitty

that died, and what Gita says.

please ! Sophia Dalles

-------------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Sadhaks this is a one time posting ONLY.

Sophia, PLEASE REVIEW RELATED POSTING. A lot has already been covered

previously at -

GITA'S VIEW ON DEATH

/message/1730

HELP ME SAY GOODBYE at -

/message/2341

Ram Ram

--------------

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -

FOR QUESTIONER

1. The questions as far as possible must be relevant to Gita, relevant to

Dharma, relavant to other scriptures and relevant to motivate Sadhaks to take up

spiritual path

2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study

3. Only one question at a time.

4. Question must be brief, to the point and relevant to the group's primary aim

of deeper understanding of Gita.

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES for RESPONDER: PLEASE -

1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.

2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..

3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the extent that they

further help in understanding the Gita shlokas

4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.

5. Focus on subject at hand only.

6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, address

etc) or personalize message to particular person

7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modify

the posting.

8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limit

the use to Sanskrit words and provide English word bracketed.

Ram Ram

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Guest guest

my beloved kittyi need to know what mantras to say and for how many days for my beloved kittythat died, and what Gita says.please ! Sophia Dalles

------------

Dear Sadaks,Kitty chapter is over. That much knowledge is required to have no attachments. But who is going to tell mantra IF Sophia dies?Jai Sri Krishna

Baiya Sathyanarayan

------------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Dear Sophia, Hope you are recovering. Chapter 8 of Gita is good to recite. Mantra of your liking having the Divine Name of God, can be recited.

Swamiji says there are three things to do when you feel saddened by someone's death.1) See them at the lotus feet of God. By doing so, you will gain a lot, as you will remember God as well as, them.2) Read scriptures / naam japa / Gita verses. Read a page or two specifically for the one who has died. And do some charity3) Distribute sweets to small kids. Young children become very happy when served even the smallest things. It is a great way, as it makes the children very happy and when they do so, your suffering is lessened.Therefore remember these three points when you are suffering from someone's loss. When you do one of these three, definitely the sorrow will be lessened. The pain and sorrow comes because of some debt we have that is remaining. The sorrow comes from having takenfrom them. Therefore do charity or the above three points. Do it and see for yourself.

Meera Das, Ram Ram

-------------------------------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Sophia, PLEASE REVIEW RELATED POSTING. A lot has already been coveredpreviously at -GITA'S VIEW ON DEATH/message/1730

HELP ME SAY GOODBYE at -/message/2341

Ram Ram--------------

FOR QUESTIONER1. The questions as far as possible must be relevant to Gita, relevant toDharma, relavant to other scriptures and relevant to motivate Sadhaks to take upspiritual path2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study3. Only one question at a time.4. Question must be brief, to the point and relevant to the group's primary aimof deeper understanding of Gita.

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES for RESPONDER: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the extent that theyfurther help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limitthe use to Sanskrit words and provide English word bracketed.

MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Guest guest

my beloved kittyi need to know what mantras to say and for how many days for my beloved kittythat died, and what Gita says.please ! Sophia Dalles

------------

NEW POSTING

Dear Sophia,

Shri Gita means Divine Song of God. Gita is song. You should sing a song on

the sad departure of your beloved Kitty. No need to chant Shloka from Gita but

it should be a song in Hindi language as--

O My Kitty !

Teri Meri Kutty

O My Kitty

Teri Gum Sitty Pitty

Meaning --O My dear Kitty, now we are apart. O My Kitty, you have departed.

Just sing this. You will feel a sigh of relief and Kitty's soul will not haunt

you. O My Kitty!

Mahesh Sharma------------All our scriptures revolve around the death, as the key to our happiness is

safegaurded there. Here are a few of the mantras that can

transcend our appreciation from fear of death ... to acceptance of death ... to

reverence to death ... to the very death of the death ... The Bliss ... The

Absolute ... The Truth ...

Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraaya.

Yaavatpavano nivasati dehe

Taavat pricchati kushalam gehe |

Gatavati vaayou dehaapaaye

Bhaaryaa bhibhyati tasmin kaaye ||

Vaayuranilamathedam bhasmaatam shareeram |

Om! Krato smara kritam smara krato smara kritam smara ||

Agnenaya supathaaraaye asmaan

vishwaani deva vayunaani vidvaan |

Yuyo'dhyasmajjuhuraanameno

bhuyishthaante nama uktim vidhema ||

Iha chedavedeetatha satyamasti

na chedihaavedeenmahatee vinashtih |

Buteshu buteshu vichitya deeraah

pretyaasmaallokaadamritaa bhavanti ||

Na jaayate mriyate vaa vipashchit

naayam kutashchinna babhuva kashchit |

Ajo nityo shaashvatoyam puraano

na hanyate hanyamaane shareere ||

Shatam chaikaa cha hridayasya naadyah

taasaamurdhvaanamabhinisritaikaa |

Tayo'rdhvamaayannamritatvameti

vishvanganyaa utkramane bhavanti ||

.... Etamannamayamaatmaanamupasankramya |

Etam praanamayamaatmaanamupasankramya |

Etam manomayamaatmaanamupasankramya |

Etam vignyaanamayamaatmaanamupasankramya |

Etamaanandamayamaatmaanamupasankramya |

Imaan lokaan kaamaannee kaamarupyanusancharan | ...

Jaatasya hi dhruvam mrityuh dhruvam janma mritasya cha |

Tasmaadaparihaaryerthe na ttvam shochitumarhasi ||

Hantre cha haneeyase cha namo vrikshebhyo harikeshebhyo namastaraaya namah

shambhave cha mayobhave cha namah shankaraaya cha vayaskaraaya cha namah

shivaaya cha shivataraaya cha ...

Om Namah Shivaaya.

Respects.

Naga Narayana-------------------

Dear Sadhak When some body dies then they offer prayers to theirGod. In case of death in the Hindu family I noticed in my childhoold that the people gather near the house and they recite the whole 'Garuda Purana ' in which how the Jiva travels after death. During some time Jiva will watch his or her relatives and that is why the relatives should not cry.If Jiva notices crying his or her relatives then it will prefer to come back to this universe.So in the interests of the deceased Jiva we shuuld not cry in its presence. People do not know about Garuda Purana,now people read Chapter XV at the time of the funeral and then the family read the whole of Bhagvata Geeta during fifteen days. Other ritualistic worship is done during twelve day through a Bahmin priest.Then every year Shraddha is perfirmed in the month of Bhadarva every yearTruly yours Shankerprasad S Bhatt -------------

Dear Sadaks,Kitty chapter is over. That much knowledge is required to have no attachments. But who is going to tell mantra IF Sophia dies?Jai Sri Krishna

Baiya Sathyanarayan

------------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Dear Sophia, Hope you are recovering. Chapter 8 of Gita is good to recite. Mantra of your liking having the Divine Name of God, can be recited.

Swamiji says there are three things to do when you feel saddened by someone's death.

1) See them at the lotus feet of God. By doing so, you will gain a lot, as you will remember God as well as, them.

2) Read scriptures / naam japa / Gita verses. Read a page or two specifically for the one who has died. And do some charity

3) Distribute sweets to small kids. Young children become very happy when served even the smallest things. It is a great way, as it makes the children very happy and when they do so, your suffering is lessened.

Therefore remember these three points when you are suffering from someone's loss. When you do one of these three, definitely the sorrow will be lessened. The pain and sorrow comes because of some debt we have that is remaining. The sorrow comes from having takenfrom them. Therefore do charity or the above three points. Do it and see for yourself.

Meera Das, Ram Ram

-------------------------------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Sophia, PLEASE REVIEW RELATED POSTING. A lot has already been coveredpreviously at -GITA'S VIEW ON DEATH/message/1730

HELP ME SAY GOODBYE at -/message/2341

Ram Ram--------------

FOR QUESTIONER1. The questions as far as possible must be relevant to Gita, relevant toDharma, relavant to other scriptures and relevant to motivate Sadhaks to take upspiritual path2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study3. Only one question at a time.4. Question must be brief, to the point and relevant to the group's primary aimof deeper understanding of Gita.

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES for RESPONDER: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible..3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the extent that theyfurther help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limitthe use to Sanskrit words and provide English word bracketed.

MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------