IndiaDivine.org

Please Help Me to regain my confidence again !

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hiiiii I am 21 and it was last phase of graduation but when my result came out

i had failed. I feel so embarrsed and i just lost all my confidence , i' m not

able to help my self, lots of questions just keep on revolving in my mind and i

feel that my life got over.

my mind is blaming me!!!

My parents are not rude to me but still they feel bad on their own , i wont get

the kind of prefernce as other who gradute in 3 years!!!

plz help me to regain that confidence(atmavishwas) plz

somewhere in my life i lost my connection with KRISHNA also

Shikhaa

----------------------

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -

FOR QUESTIONER

1. The questions as far as possible must be relevant to Gita, relevant to

Dharma, relavant to other scriptures and relevant to motivate Sadhaks to take up

spiritual path

2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study

3. Only one question at a time.

4. Question must be brief, to the point and relevant to the group's primary aim

of deeper understanding of Gita.

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES for RESPONDER: PLEASE -

1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.

2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.

3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the extent that they

further help in understanding the Gita shlokas

4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.

5. Focus on subject at hand only.

6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, address

etc) or personalize message to particular person

7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modify

the posting.

8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limit

the use to Sanskrit words and provide English word bracketed.

GITA TALK MODERATORS

Ram Ram

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Post message:

Subscribe: -

Un: -

hiiiii I am 21 and it was last phase of graduation but when my result came outi had failed. I feel so embarrsed and i just lost all my confidence , i' m notable to help my self, lots of questions just keep on revolving in my mind and ifeel that my life got over.my mind is blaming me!!!My parents are not rude to me but still they feel bad on their own , i wont getthe kind of prefernce as other who gradute in 3 years!!!plz help me to regain that confidence(atmavishwas) plzsomewhere in my life i lost my connection with KRISHNA alsoShikhaa----------------------

NEW POSTING

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Only he fails who is courageous enough to sit for the exam. You are bold and brave. Now if the end result of the exam was not so good, then there must definitely be something lacking in your effort and pursuits. Once again put in the effort, but this time engage your mind entirely in this pursuit. In a disciplined manner, with a schedule to complete each days work according to the plan (without delaying today's work to the next day).

Remember Gita 2/47 and Gita 2/48. It is this mind which is making you guilty, a culprit, when this same mind is making you forget your study time and preventing you from putting your complete effort.

Pray to Paramatma. God is the well-wisher of all. So be it,

Vineet Sarvottam

---------------------

Dear Sadaks,You are No different now and before failing. Do you think that all students pass and get distinction. Among many only Arjuna was good at arrow and bow. Just feel relaxed and see that so many had not completed schooling. Ramana Maharish was only 8th standards drop out. I think the great scientist Einstein never completed school. Failure is stepping stone to success. In education you can say this to be better, "SARASWATYE NAMAHAH'', and you will be better in studies. B.Sathyanarayan

-------------------

Respected Sadhaka

Ram Ram and Saprem Harismaran!

Let us not loose Vishwas in KRISHNA.

HE is our own ( as we are part of HIM only -- Gitaji Chapt. 15/Sloka 7 i.e. Mamayeevaanso Jeevloke )

Let us not be be upset with the result of our actions as

we have the right only in doing actions and not in results ( Gitaji Chapt.2/Sloka 47)

God is very kind to us and he takes care of us fully.

Something better is waiting behind every result.

So let us have patience.

For everything we should pray to God only like Arjuna (Shri Gitaji Chapt 2/Sloka 7).

Shesh Bhagwatkripa

A fellow Satsangi

madhusudan bajoria

------------------------------

"ye hi samsparsa-ja bhogaduhkha-yonaya eva teady-antavantah kaunteyana tesu ramate budhah"As Krishna says -"An Intelligent person doesnot take part in the sources ofmisery, which are due to contact or reasons with the material senses. O son ofKunti, such pleasures have a beginning and an end, and so the wise man doesnotdelight in them."In this context Shikhaa u should feel happy that this exams are just to showsuccess in this materialistic world but ur awareness which made u to write andlove for Krishna shows that ur special and close to Krishna. Pass & Fail mayhappen but ur knowledge is important to enlighten to became a good human toserve the mankind. Whatsoever happens got some learning and purpose. ThereforeBe POSITIVE, CONFIDENT and give a fresh start to ur learning. U just lost oneExams many many were those who never got chance to appear for any exams or evenseen any schools. Ur Parents and u both r special SO be Happy & cheerful. U mayforgot this failure with time as this is just temporary phase. But realknowledge is transcendatal where u connected to almighty in true senses. Betterconcentrate on Supreme and go slow & steady with more practise.Bobby (Halder)

Dear Shikhaa, you already must have felt well now that this forum has spoken with some outstanding advise!Let me say this first: Even when you say "I have lost connection with Krishna", you have established one right then and there. Strange as it may sound, but, remembrance of forgetting is not forgetting at all! Just get up and roar like lioness! Nothing is lost really if you can learn to give it a fair try again and again.Strip off "impression of failures" from the mind, wipe it clean. You can do this by dropping all thoughts like "oh, I failed, now what will happen to me, I lost all preferences etc etc" as soon as they arise and as often as you need to drop them. Just do it! Such thoughts don't get you anywhere! Don't measure success in terms of such failures. Take responsibility on your shoulder and graduate for your future! See that such failures are often the reminders by God, the Intelligence beyond us, to do something different to correct our course of action! Trust that Intelligence that knows better! You know lives of Saints and Sages are full of such examples. A Saint once said, "a Saint is a Satan that never gave up". Worldly failures are blessings in disguise as you may discover later, for sure! After all what is really lost? It is our fear of not keeping up with society, of not "becoming someone", guilt, self-pity that all are better than "me", and a host of other negative thoughts we impose on us that frighten us! Instead, think this way:Now that it has happened, can I undo it? If I cannot, then what is the best course of action now.This is the only issue on your hand, which best be resolved by correcting what needs to be. If you dwell on these thoughts, labeling yourself to be failure, you cannot possibly take right actions!May the Grace of Lord Krishna and this Forum bless you!Namaskar....Pratap Bhatt

--

I like Krishna Samudrala's respone.

What a coincidence that Shikha has aked to be connected with Krishna !!

Shikha, you failed because you did not prepare well. But so what ?

That is really not the end of the road. Prepare doubly well now,

and do not gloat over this failure too much. Many doctors and scientists

that I know, have failed in one or other subject or exam, and have gone on

to become extremely successful.

Good luck,

dDurgesh Mankikar,MD

----------

--------------------

PRIOR POSTING

Dear SadhakMany great Scientists have not passed in their school/university exams.Failure in University /college exams is not Failure in LIfe.Gettingadegree late by 3 yeras is not end of efforts .Remember that: "A man may fail again and again -but he is not a failure inlife untilhe starts blaming others for his failure"Your Parents are endowed with Gods Gift that they are not blaming you-They Will Always Love and care for you.Keep working and YOU WILL SUCCEED with such GOOD Parents.Prof Mohan K Muju"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

My dear child Shikha,I have been a teacher at the highest level for more than 4 decades and do feelbad about your disappointment. I do not say "Failure in exam is of noconsequence. and spiritual success alone matters." That is hypocrisy. Firstthing you should do is to gain confidence in your self. Klaibyam Maasma gatah"Losing confidence weakens the resolve. "Kshudram Hrdaya Dorbalyam, Tyaktva,Uttishta" weakness of heart is base and unworthy of a youth of 21. Put it in thetrash can stand up and walk forth.Will you pass your exam if you lose confidenceor gain it? Tell meYou must have failed due to some defective preparation. Those are the chinks inyour armoury. Plug those weak points. I do not know what your subjects were (Iwas a prof of mathematics and researched in it for 4 decades) My observation wasthat students do not attempt to understand and assimilate the basic principlesbut depend more on memory. Anothe rloophole lack of proper expressing ability.You think one thing and when you write it becomes something else.While in USA, I used to go to a Nazarenen church (I am not a chiristian,though). They used to display nice truths at the entrance. One of them was"Failure is not a dead end; but only a bend in the road". I hope you undrstand"Fail hone se Rasta bandh naheen hota, Failure sirph ek mode hai raaste mein". Ihope my hindi is passable. FinallyYogastah kuru Karmaani Sangam tyaktvaa Shikhaa maneeSiddhi Asiddhi yo samatvam bhootvaa samatvam yaoga ucyate.God will bless you with successKrishna Samudrala

-----------------------------

Dear sadhak

Control your sentiments first and focus your mind on God's grace.Believe in God and work hard will regain confindence again.Find out yourself the reason of failure and go ahead for success by chanting the name of bhagwan.

Thanks & Regards

Pawan Kumar Singhal

-----------------------

Hari Om

Shikhaji !

Decide: I shall never be careless again!

There is nothing wrong in IQ level with you. But certainly you are careless ! Are you aware as to How many spelling errors you made in one paragraph of message to us ? Be careful in every thing you do ! Make it a general habit. Learn to observe every thing carefully and minutely ! You are young. You can develop this habit now only !

Re Studies. Concentrate on 'writing' ! Prepare first 'notes' by hand from text books. First detailed notes, then summarise them again by writing short notes, and then learn by heart. Write more than reading. Use hands and pen also ! In examination hall you are required to 'write' ... Is not it ? Hence pay attention to 'writing' more than merely 'reading' from text books ! In reading mostly "mind" is engaged. In writing , all organs get focussed. Mind can not loiter then.Dont compare yourself with those who have passed. Make new friendships only with those who are studious and brilliant in studies. When attending Lectures, constantly look at the face of teachers !

The embarrassment referred by is good for you ! You can now also help yourself by deciding "not to be careless ever again" , and do justice to yourself and your parents. Hence better recoup yourself and be firm ! That decision to be never careless again shall INSTANTLY regain your confidence. How can a life be got over by one failure? Put brakes of "intellect" over your mind ! Throw before your questioning "mind" the decision made by your "intellect" that in future you shall always be more careful and focussed. Mind will become cheerful !

Re "my mind is blaming me!!!" You blame your mind as to why it did not help you on examination table ! Tell your mind: " Sorry I dont accept the blame. Now get ready for hard labour next year . Enough loitering you have done last year. Now keep silent and help me "!!

Parents can never be rude to children. You have made them upset. Now go and promise them that you shall make them proud next year by scoring distinction marks! Believe firmly that you can do so. Stop all funny extra curricular activities and concentrate on your studies!

A connection which can be broken by one incidence was always a weak connection at the outset. Establish now a solid connection. By the way, If your connection has been broken, how you are remembering Krishna now?

MA SUCHAH ! Take the above decision : "I shall never be careless again" and move ahead.

Jai Shree Krishna

Vyas N B

-------------

Very Dear Shikhaa

I have often failed in my life but I stand again. Nothing is lost by one failure. So many successful people have failed in the exams. It is no big deal. If you want to continue with the same study do so if you don't you are not answerable to anybody for such a small failures. My sister is a physically challenged person but she fought all through her life. I take my inspiration from her even now when I am 75 and she is 79. Medha Patkar who is a veteran fighter fighting for social cause especially the cause of dam displaced has faced so many failures but has never lost her confidence. Take courage and fight, we will be with you. I do not believe in god and so I am not a sadhak but I am a human being and fighting against injustice is my religion.

kusum karnik.

-------------------------------

Namaskar shikhaa,

Krishna says to fight for the Dharm and sometimes you will have setbacks. Then you must try it again. You are still young and now you will have to learn the lessons of life. According to the Bhagavad Gita you can never fail if you fight for the Dharm and you will always get a new chance, especially when you are young.

Dying without honour and teethless is the worst thing for a ksatriya, and he will have to try it again if he fails.

so go on next year with your study and try it again.

succes and Krishna will bless you.

dewanand

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -FOR QUESTIONER1. The questions as far as possible must be relevant to Gita, relevant toDharma, relavant to other scriptures and relevant to motivate Sadhaks to take upspiritual path2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study3. Only one question at a time.4. Question must be brief, to the point and relevant to the group's primary aimof deeper understanding of Gita.GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES for RESPONDER: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the extent that theyfurther help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limitthe use to Sanskrit words and provide English word bracketed.GITA TALK MODERATORSRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

hiiiii I am 21 and it was last phase of graduation but when my result came outi had failed. I feel so embarrsed and i just lost all my confidence , i' m notable to help my self, lots of questions just keep on revolving in my mind and ifeel that my life got over.my mind is blaming me!!!My parents are not rude to me but still they feel bad on their own , i wont getthe kind of prefernce as other who gradute in 3 years!!!plz help me to regain that confidence(atmavishwas) plzsomewhere in my life i lost my connection with KRISHNA alsoShikhaa----------------------

NEW POSTING

With regular study of gitaji u can regain confidence

thats true & experienced fact

Raja Gurdasani

--------------------------

Dandavat pranams.....

The feeling you have just experienced, of wondering how to pick up and carry on....would you know what this felt like if you had aced all the classes? Perhaps you might never have had this feeling. When, in the future, you have succeeded, but then see others who have somehow failed, despite perhaps putting out the best effort they could, you will understand the pain, the confusion.....the sense of emptiness. Would there be any other way that you could know what is in their hearts? Not very likely....so rejoice, that you have been given a very special gift, which can be used to uplift and encourage others in the future who might crawl away and let their hopes fade into intoxication or worse, due to not finding an understanding ear.

Maha laksmi Dasi

--------------------------

Jai HanumanShikha !Do me a favor ! Go to any Gita Press Shop and buy one book : "Avasyak Shiksha" by Swamiji ! Read it and act accordingly !Oh ! "Sukharthi kuto vidyaa; vidyaarthi kuto sukhah"- Where is happiness to him who wants vidyaa ! Where is vidyaa to him who wants happiness ? "To study" is an austerity and in austerity you can not enjoy ! A student has to think: I am dead for world; world is dead for me ! Forget therefore about TV, Gossipings with friends, outings, movies and cocentrate on one object: Study. A student need to be always careful :Kshanashah kanashchaiva vidyamartham cha chintayet !Khshana tyaage kuto vidyaa, kana tyaage kuto dhanam !!By Moment - moment (minute/minute) you get education ; my penny penny you get wealth. For One who wastes moments (time), Where is 'vidya' (education) ? For one who wastes penny, where is wealth?Hence do not waste this precious time. Study, study and study. In Scriptures 5 symptoms are stated to be of a "student":1 Kaakchesta : Just as crow is never careless; so should be student. Not a moment should go waste.2 Bakdhyaan: Just as a bagula( sea-duck) very carefully remains in water, does not move but its focus is always on fish. Similarly a student's focus should always be on studies.3 Swaannidra: A dog never sleeps carefree. After little sleep again wakes up. Similarly a student should sleep little ( only so that body remains healthy)!4 Svalpahaari: A student should eat only that much which does not trigger laziness; and does not make him/her remember the belly !5 Brahmachaari: He/She must be so ! This is critical for "memory enhancement" also!A student should be 1 enthusiastic; 2 unprocrastinating 3 methodical 4 away from addictions 5 grateful 6 brave and 7 with stable (good) friends !! Namaste JeeJee JeeShashikala

-----

Failure means our attention has been somewhere else.....

Remove all divertions and focus on what you wish to do or achieve.

Goal has to be clear....

Education is very important to do something great in life.....and that should be your goal right now.... The world needs you, your creativity, your contribution....in future.....

Failure means a reminder to us from nature to correct our direction....

pay full attention to what is right and what is being done.....in this case your studies....

Wisdom of life is "Haar se Harna is subse bada failure hai". Don't get defeated by failures. Failures come, we must learn from them and turn them into success. Real courage is to turn failure into success.

You must accept whatever happened in the right spirit and take the challenge..... to learn and turn it to success....Meditation and Pranayam will definitely help......It is important to free your mind from unwanted/negative thoughts and learn to live in the present.....keep only happy thoughts........But best benefit / results comes from clear understanding, conviction and your being happy all the time........keep smiling...

Wonderful thing is this wisdom is not only for you, it is for all of us.... Have faith in this wisdom and proceed with patience......results are guaranteed......best wishes....

Sushil Jain

---------------------

Hari OmThis refers to the following really touching and dead honest statement by Kusumji Karnik :"I do not believe in god and so I am not a sadhak but I am a human being and fighting against injustice is my religion." Kusumji ! Are you aware every human being is essentially a "sadhak" ? In fact this human birth has been received only for "Paramartha" ! Hence you can not say " I am not sadhak" - Just As: You can not say "I am not human"Of course, you are fully independent in striving (sadhan / doing sadhana) ! It is up to you whether you accept this or not ! But Kusumji- if we close our eyes whether the Sun ceases to exist ?You said Madam, "fighting against injustice is my religion." ! Will you kindly enlighten us in good and healthy spirit as to what do you mean by "religion" and why you should fight for "injustice" ?Pranaams from deep within!Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B

---------------------

Success and failure are two sides of the same coin. In India, too much stress is given to one exam. at the end. Students become so tense that they are not able to give their best and sometimes they fail. Parents lose face if their child fails because children's achievements become their scoring points in conversations. One learns more from failures than successes. So take the right lessons and go ahead. At 21, you have your whole life ahead of you. When you look back later on you will see that you were making a mountain of a molehill. Read the Geeta. You will find an answer to all your problems.

Hari Shanker Deo

-----------

Over the years I have had more 'failures' than 'successes'. The lesson that I learnt is that the failures were only to help/assist me to grow stronger to face up to bigger failures that we all face in life. One has to assess the various possible reasons for which one has 'failed' and will have squarely address it. dhanyavAdah

Ram S Pejawar

-----------------------

Dear ShikhajeeSelf assessment will give you the reasons why you have failed..You may even takeyour parents help for this...Once you analyse your weaknesses, find out thecorrective measures...you will gain your confidence...Try one more attempt anddetermine to be successful this time...all the best....GeeWaman---------------------------

Dear shikaa

Failures are the steeping stones to sucess-remember ,R.K,Narayana failed in english but went on to become a good novelist,Edison was called an idiot but look at how many inventions he has to his credit.

One of my cousins was a super sucess at studies -he then got married to a girl he liked wiht the blessings of his family-the marriage failed and he attemtped suicide and aft that,he ahs never been quite balanced-what im trying ot say is if you have small failures now, you will be prepared to face bigger failures in life with more grace adn believe me,there is no such thing as a 100% sucessful life-so take this well-study harder and pass the next time-it is not the end of the world.studies is only one part of you-you ahve to use this failure to make you sucessful as a human being.

hari smaranam

ramaa

-------

Shikha, You have lost nothing. Failure in exams. does not mean you have lostanything. Passing examinations in the normal three -year graduation period asmost students do, does not indicate life-long achivement of success. Not allthose who pass out in regular time get the most successes and happiness.Many who failed and dropped out or passed after two/ three attempts have donebetter in later working and family life than some others who passed out in time.So you need not be worried about your future just because you failed this time.This incidence of failure may be a turning for the better for your future life:maybe, you will appear again and do better next year because of renewed effortsand learning from the mistakes of this year. Maybe you will get a better startto career by passing out next time. Maybe you may find new areas of your skillsand talent utilization: you may not just want apass in graduation - you may think of finding out in you something other thaneducation in which your apptitudes lie. You never know.They say failures are the pillars of success.Blaming anything or anybody including self blaming is of no use. So, stop doingthat. Atmabishwas or confidence can come only when you have the proper attitudeto accepting any failure as insignificant.Krishna has not left you: you are his blessed creation as anyone else is.You happen to have forgotten Krishna and his teachings. Remind yourself of whathe has taught us:1. Do your action and do not worry about the result of your action.2. You have no control over outcomes.3. You do what your gunas forces you to do.4. No one can make some one else happy or sad. Your parents suffer becauseof their own destiny - not because of you. You cannot do anything aboutameliorating their sufferings. You should only sympathise with them.5.Assess your capabilities, strengths and weaknesses. Then plan accordingly toincrease your effort on studies, seeking help of others, so that you can makemuch better effort at the examinations next year.6. If your assessement of your own self tends to show that you are very weak notbe able to pass even the second time, still try again and again. You never knowwhat outcomes await in the future for you. If try once more witn all sincereityand dedication and taking help of others, Parent may feel happy. You must behappy that you have repeatedly tried your best every time at the examinations.6. Listen to Krishna's advice in Gita. Concentrate on your work for gettingprepared as best as you can on your own and with others help for the futureexaminations. Forget the past failure. Forget worries about outcomes in futureexams.7. Confidence cannot get lost with failure. Pandavas did not win theMahabharata War on each day of fighting. They lost great heores everyday. Butstill they won at the end. They did not lose confidence:when they did Krishna'swords made them cheer up again and again. The just kept onfighting as best they could do. You should also follow this behaviour.8. Unless you become free of desire, free of want, free of diasappointmentof not getting the results you would have liked.9. One year loss in education is not a great adverse event with life -longnegative impact.10. Surrender to Krisha: let him be fully respionsible for whatever happens toyou. You are only to work hard and give your best in the next graduation examsand any other examination at any time in your life.Become free of anxiety, tension, sadness, joy or pleasure of passingexaminations: just do your work / studies as best as you can. Keeping your mindalert and working your mind for studies is the action that you shoukld be bsyall the time.Basudeb Sen

-----------------------

PRIOR POSTING

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Only he fails who is courageous enough to sit for the exam. You are bold and brave. Now if the end result of the exam was not so good, then there must definitely be something lacking in your effort and pursuits. Once again put in the effort, but this time engage your mind entirely in this pursuit. In a disciplined manner, with a schedule to complete each days work according to the plan (without delaying today's work to the next day).

Remember Gita 2/47 and Gita 2/48. It is this mind which is making you guilty, a culprit, when this same mind is making you forget your study time and preventing you from putting your complete effort.

Pray to Paramatma. God is the well-wisher of all. So be it,

Vineet Sarvottam

---------------------

Dear Sadaks,You are No different now and before failing. Do you think that all students pass and get distinction. Among many only Arjuna was good at arrow and bow. Just feel relaxed and see that so many had not completed schooling. Ramana Maharish was only 8th standards drop out. I think the great scientist Einstein never completed school. Failure is stepping stone to success. In education you can say this to be better, "SARASWATYE NAMAHAH'', and you will be better in studies. B.Sathyanarayan

-------------------

Respected Sadhaka

Ram Ram and Saprem Harismaran!

Let us not loose Vishwas in KRISHNA.

HE is our own ( as we are part of HIM only -- Gitaji Chapt. 15/Sloka 7 i.e. Mamayeevaanso Jeevloke )

Let us not be be upset with the result of our actions as

we have the right only in doing actions and not in results ( Gitaji Chapt.2/Sloka 47)

God is very kind to us and he takes care of us fully.

Something better is waiting behind every result.

So let us have patience.

For everything we should pray to God only like Arjuna (Shri Gitaji Chapt 2/Sloka 7).

Shesh Bhagwatkripa

A fellow Satsangi

madhusudan bajoria

"ye hi samsparsa-ja bhogaduhkha-yonaya eva teady-antavantah kaunteyana tesu ramate budhah"As Krishna says -"An Intelligent person doesnot take part in the sources ofmisery, which are due to contact or reasons with the material senses. O son ofKunti, such pleasures have a beginning and an end, and so the wise man doesnotdelight in them."In this context Shikhaa u should feel happy that this exams are just to showsuccess in this materialistic world but ur awareness which made u to write andlove for Krishna shows that ur special and close to Krishna. Pass & Fail mayhappen but ur knowledge is important to enlighten to became a good human toserve the mankind. Whatsoever happens got some learning and purpose. ThereforeBe POSITIVE, CONFIDENT and give a fresh start to ur learning. U just lost oneExams many many were those who never got chance to appear for any exams or evenseen any schools. Ur Parents and u both r special SO be Happy & cheerful. U mayforgot this failure with time as this is just temporary phase. But realknowledge is transcendatal where u connected to almighty in true senses. Betterconcentrate on Supreme and go slow & steady with more practise.Bobby (Halder)

Dear Shikhaa, you already must have felt well now that this forum has spoken with some outstanding advise!Let me say this first: Even when you say "I have lost connection with Krishna", you have established one right then and there. Strange as it may sound, but, remembrance of forgetting is not forgetting at all! Just get up and roar like lioness! Nothing is lost really if you can learn to give it a fair try again and again.Strip off "impression of failures" from the mind, wipe it clean. You can do this by dropping all thoughts like "oh, I failed, now what will happen to me, I lost all preferences etc etc" as soon as they arise and as often as you need to drop them. Just do it! Such thoughts don't get you anywhere! Don't measure success in terms of such failures. Take responsibility on your shoulder and graduate for your future! See that such failures are often the reminders by God, the Intelligence beyond us, to do something different to correct our course of action! Trust that Intelligence that knows better! You know lives of Saints and Sages are full of such examples. A Saint once said, "a Saint is a Satan that never gave up". Worldly failures are blessings in disguise as you may discover later, for sure! After all what is really lost? It is our fear of not keeping up with society, of not "becoming someone", guilt, self-pity that all are better than "me", and a host of other negative thoughts we impose on us that frighten us! Instead, think this way:Now that it has happened, can I undo it? If I cannot, then what is the best course of action now.This is the only issue on your hand, which best be resolved by correcting what needs to be. If you dwell on these thoughts, labeling yourself to be failure, you cannot possibly take right actions!May the Grace of Lord Krishna and this Forum bless you!Namaskar....Pratap Bhatt

--

I like Krishna Samudrala's respone.

What a coincidence that Shikha has aked to be connected with Krishna !!

Shikha, you failed because you did not prepare well. But so what ?

That is really not the end of the road. Prepare doubly well now,

and do not gloat over this failure too much. Many doctors and scientists

that I know, have failed in one or other subject or exam, and have gone on

to become extremely successful.

Good luck,

dDurgesh Mankikar,MD

----------

--------------------

PRIOR POSTING

Dear SadhakMany great Scientists have not passed in their school/university exams.Failure in University /college exams is not Failure in LIfe.Gettingadegree late by 3 yeras is not end of efforts .Remember that: "A man may fail again and again -but he is not a failure inlife untilhe starts blaming others for his failure"Your Parents are endowed with Gods Gift that they are not blaming you-They Will Always Love and care for you.Keep working and YOU WILL SUCCEED with such GOOD Parents.Prof Mohan K Muju"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

My dear child Shikha,I have been a teacher at the highest level for more than 4 decades and do feelbad about your disappointment. I do not say "Failure in exam is of noconsequence. and spiritual success alone matters." That is hypocrisy. Firstthing you should do is to gain confidence in your self. Klaibyam Maasma gatah"Losing confidence weakens the resolve. "Kshudram Hrdaya Dorbalyam, Tyaktva,Uttishta" weakness of heart is base and unworthy of a youth of 21. Put it in thetrash can stand up and walk forth.Will you pass your exam if you lose confidenceor gain it? Tell meYou must have failed due to some defective preparation. Those are the chinks inyour armoury. Plug those weak points. I do not know what your subjects were (Iwas a prof of mathematics and researched in it for 4 decades) My observation wasthat students do not attempt to understand and assimilate the basic principlesbut depend more on memory. Anothe rloophole lack of proper expressing ability.You think one thing and when you write it becomes something else.While in USA, I used to go to a Nazarenen church (I am not a chiristian,though). They used to display nice truths at the entrance. One of them was"Failure is not a dead end; but only a bend in the road". I hope you undrstand"Fail hone se Rasta bandh naheen hota, Failure sirph ek mode hai raaste mein". Ihope my hindi is passable. FinallyYogastah kuru Karmaani Sangam tyaktvaa Shikhaa maneeSiddhi Asiddhi yo samatvam bhootvaa samatvam yaoga ucyate.God will bless you with successKrishna Samudrala

Dear sadhak

Control your sentiments first and focus your mind on God's grace.Believe in God and work hard will regain confindence again.Find out yourself the reason of failure and go ahead for success by chanting the name of bhagwan.

Thanks & Regards

Pawan Kumar Singhal

-----------------------

Hari Om

Shikhaji !

Decide: I shall never be careless again!

There is nothing wrong in IQ level with you. But certainly you are careless ! Are you aware as to How many spelling errors you made in one paragraph of message to us ? Be careful in every thing you do ! Make it a general habit. Learn to observe every thing carefully and minutely ! You are young. You can develop this habit now only !

Re Studies. Concentrate on 'writing' ! Prepare first 'notes' by hand from text books. First detailed notes, then summarise them again by writing short notes, and then learn by heart. Write more than reading. Use hands and pen also ! In examination hall you are required to 'write' ... Is not it ? Hence pay attention to 'writing' more than merely 'reading' from text books ! In reading mostly "mind" is engaged. In writing , all organs get focussed. Mind can not loiter then.Dont compare yourself with those who have passed. Make new friendships only with those who are studious and brilliant in studies. When attending Lectures, constantly look at the face of teachers !

The embarrassment referred by is good for you ! You can now also help yourself by deciding "not to be careless ever again" , and do justice to yourself and your parents. Hence better recoup yourself and be firm ! That decision to be never careless again shall INSTANTLY regain your confidence. How can a life be got over by one failure? Put brakes of "intellect" over your mind ! Throw before your questioning "mind" the decision made by your "intellect" that in future you shall always be more careful and focussed. Mind will become cheerful !

Re "my mind is blaming me!!!" You blame your mind as to why it did not help you on examination table ! Tell your mind: " Sorry I dont accept the blame. Now get ready for hard labour next year . Enough loitering you have done last year. Now keep silent and help me "!!

Parents can never be rude to children. You have made them upset. Now go and promise them that you shall make them proud next year by scoring distinction marks! Believe firmly that you can do so. Stop all funny extra curricular activities and concentrate on your studies!

A connection which can be broken by one incidence was always a weak connection at the outset. Establish now a solid connection. By the way, If your connection has been broken, how you are remembering Krishna now?

MA SUCHAH ! Take the above decision : "I shall never be careless again" and move ahead.

Jai Shree Krishna

Vyas N B

-------------

Very Dear Shikhaa

I have often failed in my life but I stand again. Nothing is lost by one failure. So many successful people have failed in the exams. It is no big deal. If you want to continue with the same study do so if you don't you are not answerable to anybody for such a small failures. My sister is a physically challenged person but she fought all through her life. I take my inspiration from her even now when I am 75 and she is 79. Medha Patkar who is a veteran fighter fighting for social cause especially the cause of dam displaced has faced so many failures but has never lost her confidence. Take courage and fight, we will be with you. I do not believe in god and so I am not a sadhak but I am a human being and fighting against injustice is my religion.

kusum karnik.

-------------------------------

Namaskar shikhaa,

Krishna says to fight for the Dharm and sometimes you will have setbacks. Then you must try it again. You are still young and now you will have to learn the lessons of life. According to the Bhagavad Gita you can never fail if you fight for the Dharm and you will always get a new chance, especially when you are young.

Dying without honour and teethless is the worst thing for a ksatriya, and he will have to try it again if he fails.

so go on next year with your study and try it again.

succes and Krishna will bless you.

dewanand

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -FOR QUESTIONER1. The questions as far as possible must be relevant to Gita, relevant toDharma, relavant to other scriptures and relevant to motivate Sadhaks to take upspiritual path2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study3. Only one question at a time.4. Question must be brief, to the point and relevant to the group's primary aimof deeper understanding of Gita.GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES for RESPONDER: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the extent that theyfurther help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limitthe use to Sanskrit words and provide English word bracketed.GITA TALK MODERATORSRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -