IndiaDivine.org

Gita's Power on Turning Negative Thoughts Into Positive

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

Does Gita have the power to convert a person full of negative thoughts into a person full of positive thoughts ?

Also, can anyone suggest good book on GITA in Hindi ?

Warm RegardsPradeep Goyal

=====================================

Shree Hari Ram Ram

There are thousands of versions of Gita books in Hindi. If you can read online, please start with the following by Swami Ramsukhdasji:

GITA MADHURYA

http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/pustak/pustak1/html/geetamadhurya/main.html

You can read this in less than couple of hours.

SADHAK SANJIVANI

http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/pustak/pustak1/html/SadhakSanjeevni/main.html

Read one shloka per day and you will complete in approximately two years.

For the benefit of sadhakas, please see Bhagavad Gita resourcescompiled by Karmayog.com :http://www.karmayog.org/bhagavadgita/

Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram

---------------------GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -FOR QUESTIONER1. The questions as far as possible must be relevant to Gita, relevant toDharma, relavant to other scriptures and relevant to motivate Sadhaks to take upspiritual path2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study3. Only one question at a time.4. Question must be brief, to the point and relevant to the group's primary aimof deeper understanding of Gita.GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES for RESPONDER: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the extent that theyfurther help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limitthe use to Sanskrit words and provide English word bracketed.MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

Hare Krishna

Does Gita have the power to convert a person full of negative thoughts into a person full of positive thoughts ?

Also, can anyone suggest good book on GITA in Hindi ?

Warm RegardsPradeep Goyal

=====================================

NEW POSTING

Dear Sadhakas,Hare Krishna. This is in response to a question from a Sadhaka. The chanting ( practice) of Bhagavad Gita, increases our concentration and devotion towards the Lord. Lord Krishna says in Gitaji,"Tesham satata yuktanam,Bhajatam priti purvakam,Dadami buddhi yogam tam,Yena mam upayanti te. "( Gitaji, 10, 10) Which means,' To those who are devoted to serving Me with love, I give them the understanding, by which they can come to Me. 'Here the word understanding means Buddhi ( Intelligence). This intelligence keeps the negative thoughts from enteringDevotional service , cleanses our hearts and souls, gives us the positive thinking. Chanting of the Holy Names is practical for this Kaliyuga. Let us get into Harinama Sankirtanam and advance spiritually. Thank You. Hare Krishna. Prasad.A.Iragavarapu, M.D

-

Shri Hari

Ram Ram

Yes,Gita have the power to convert a person full of negative thoughts into a person full of positive thoughts.Self evidence Bhagwan Krishna has converted negative thoughts of Arjun into positive thoughts by doctrine of Karma & non-attachment.

Read Gita daily for management of thoughts & tell us the difference after 18 days.Gita Jayanti this month is good day to start.

Thanks & Regards

Pawan Kumar Singhal ------

Dear Pradeep

Every person has power to convert his negative thoughts into positive thoughts.Gita only shows the process.

1)Gita has full power to convert person's thought from negative to positive.

2)But "full negative thought" will not allow a person to study Gita as a regular practice.

3)So ,it is better to study Gita before one becomes full of negative thought.

4)All "thoughts" are alive and matter and negative thoughts vibrate at a frequency which dispels positive thoughts.

5) Starting with strong will power and commitment that one will read Gita even 2 pages every day in evening and morning will change thoughts from negative to positive.

6)Person with full of negative thoughts have less commitment and such they must start with small practice -sat one page Gita and 5 minutes Om. Once done for 21 days without break 'one can increase to 10 minutes and 2 pages.

You can read 'Yatharth Gita'

best wishes

Ashok Jain--------------

Fellow learners,

Allow me to refer to Sloka 67 of chapter 18 of Bhagavad Gita.

idam te na atapaskaaya, na abhaktaaya kadaacana

na ca asusrooshave vaacyam na ca maam abhi asooyati

If one is bent on cavil, one is not burning with the obsession to learn, not devoted (surrendes) to learning and not ready to go thru he hardshipd in learning, do not teach him (by force) this Dharma Sastra.

This is Dharma. Religion converts; Dharma is voluntry. If one starts with negative thinking or aptitude to life but inclined to learn to be positive, then Yes Gita will turn him into positive thinking. But if the negative attitude is to learning this great knowledge itself, none can help such an Atma. Kindly refer to chapter 16 of Gita.

We see parents who wish and bend their backs to get their wards amission ino medical schools/engineering schools. The ward's mind and Buddhi are not in them. Tell me how successfulthe ward would be even if he/she gets admission? The same is true with Gita. The aptitude must be there.

Fifty years back I was a fan of Karl Marx and Engels and dialectic materialism. Simply and alone by God's grace, I began reading and then studying Bhagavad Gita. Now I realize Gita has asay in every matter of life any time and anywhere in the world. I therefore, named by book on Gita as "The all time working manual of life". Using the manual or not using is the choice of the user. Gita helps those who want to help themselves. Not every one.

Samudrala KRISHNA

--------------

Yes sure Geetaji can tranform ones life like day n night.

I suggest Sadhak sanjivani and Saranagati in particular

Thanx

Raja Gurdasani

-------------

SADHAKSANJIVANI IN HINDI & Eng and GITA BY SHRI Jaydayal Goyindka IN HINDI & ENG both printed by Gita press Gorakhpur.

hari Motwani

-------------

-

Shree Hari Ram Ram

There are thousands of versions of Gita books in Hindi. If you can read online, please start with the following by Swami Ramsukhdasji:

GITA MADHURYA

http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/pustak/pustak1/html/geetamadhurya/main.html

You can read this in less than couple of hours.

SADHAK SANJIVANI

http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/pustak/pustak1/html/SadhakSanjeevni/main.html

Read one shloka per day and you will complete in approximately two years.

For the benefit of sadhakas, please see Bhagavad Gita resourcescompiled by Karmayog.com :http://www.karmayog.org/bhagavadgita/

Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram

---------------------GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -FOR QUESTIONER1. The questions as far as possible must be relevant to Gita, relevant toDharma, relavant to other scriptures and relevant to motivate Sadhaks to take upspiritual path2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study3. Only one question at a time.4. Question must be brief, to the point and relevant to the group's primary aimof deeper understanding of Gita.GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES for RESPONDER: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the extent that theyfurther help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limitthe use to Sanskrit words and provide English word bracketed.MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

Hare Krishna Does Gita have the power to convert a person full of negative thoughts into a person full of positive thoughts ? Also, can anyone suggest good book on GITA in Hindi ?

Warm Regards

Pradeep Goyal ===================================== NEW POSTING

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

What can Dharma-based scriptures not be able to do? Definitely, Absolutely !

And what can you do? If you read the Gita, and after reading, understand it, assimilate it, then with certainty your life will transform. How man y have seen a peacock dance in the forest? The auther of "The Bhagavad Gita - Sadhak Sanjivani" an excellent translation, interpretation, commentary on the Gita by Swami Ramsukhdasji, can be available from Gita Press, Gorakhpur. You can get is easily and quickly. So be it,

Vineet Sarvottam

---------------

To me, the more relevant question would be, "Do I have the power of coverting my negativity into positivity?" Anything borrowed can only have momentary influence over a person. At best, the borrowed information can shift the locus and focus of one's thoughts and values. That is why Bhagavadgita puts an essential requirement for its seeker before embarking to take a dip in its sacred waters:

Na buddhibhedam janayet agnyaanaam karmasanginaam |

Joshayet sarvakarmaaNi vidvaanyuktah samaacharan ||

"Never mislead yourself with borrowed (untested and inexperienced) information in order to adapt your life into. At best, you would end up misusing the information to support the inherent ignorance which you have never attempted to get rid of!"

Therefore, the foremost question a seeker has to put against oneself is one's own ignorance regarding oneself as well as the rest. If at all the negative can turn positive, it is possible only through its very author - oneself! Therefore, the relevant question here is, "Do I have the power of converting my negativity into positivity?"

If one is factual, one instantly realizes that there is nothing that is negative or positive in the nature as such … everything happens just as they are and as they ought to as per the principles of nature … nobody can take responsibility for or claim authority over whatever that happens in this universe ... As KrishNa declares, even the result of any interaction belongs to the nature alone and nobody else ...

Na kartritvam na karmaani lokasya srijati prabhuh |

Na karamphalasamyogam svabhaavastu pravartate ||

It is because we imagine ourselves to be responsible and authoritative over what happens in and around what we think we are, we develop tendencies - negativity and positivity. We are bogged down by the negativity much more as the positivity is always taken for granted. We never question the root cause for the negativity ... the real cause is the anxious urge for positivity only!

Really speaking, there is nothing positive or negative in anything as far as one observes the nature as is … The nature has not created anything with anything in mind. Everything is built from the same matter and energy released at once as they are with a built-in knowledge of presence of each other in each other around each other; people delude in illusive notions of good and bad as their intellect is eclipsed with ignorance:

Naadatte kasyachitpaapam na chaiva sukritam vibhuh |

Agnyaanenaavritam gnyaanam tena muhyanti jantavah ||

If we can question our ignorance, "how are we really responsible or instrumental for anything that is happening around on its own? And, how can anything be positive or negative?", then the illusive reality of our notions gets exposed. Then, we may be able to raise the question, "who can dismantle this coccoon of illusive notions?" For a truthful seeker, the answer always unique - oneself. Only one who built the coccoon knows how to get out of it. It is the law of nature. Even The God cannot interfere. ONLY THE ONE WHO BUILT THE COCCOON CAN BREAK IT. "Turning negative to positive" is the root cause for all our tendencies - we always want the environment to mend itself to suit our whims and fancies. The only way of getting rid of negativity is to drop the crave for positivity ... the only way to win over the fear of death is to drop the desire for birth in the first place ... to acknowledge the nature as is.

Therefore, let us get back to the question, "Are we capable of annihilating all our notions?" If the answer is "Yes!", then comes the next question - "Are we ready to embark on the same??" If the answer is "Yes!!", then glares the puzzling question in front, "What is stopping you???" Hesitation to apply oneself completely is the ignorance - Gita is the ultimate medicine for one who stumbles in hesitation. It guides the one who wants to walk. It cannot help ones who have no intent to walk in the first place. The power is within. FOR THE ONE WHO REALLY WANTS TO WALK, THERE IS NOTHING OTHER THAN BHAGAVADGITA IN THE WHOLE CREATION.

Respects.

Naga Narayana

-------------------------------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Swamiji has said that there is no end to the depths of this sacred book - GITA.In a few words, the essence of the Gita is Salvation of all Mankind. Man can become eternally BLISSFUL (Positive). In the Gita, the extraordinary and divine art of living in this world has been revealed, by which any man, being in any situation and while engaged in dealings in the world, can attain BLISS / POSITIVE THOUGHTS. He can attain salvation and upliftment. There is no need to renounce everything and become an ascetic, as many of the world scriptures indicate that spirituality and relating with the world cannot happen at the same time. But Gita says - wherever you are, whatever sacred book you believe in, whatever religion you practice, etc., believing in that itself, if you live according to the principles of the Gita, then you will surely become POSITIVE / BLISSFUL... You will attain salvation.Being of any faith, if your aim is to attain everlasting POSITIVE ATTITUDE, SUPREME BLISS, to attain SALVATION, then for you the Gita will provide all the necessary materials, information and ammunition to do so.

Please start with Gita Madhurya, light conversation style and can be completed in couple of hours. Gita Talk Moderators have provided the links below. Start today !!! All auspicious work should begin immediately, at your earliest convenience.

Meera Das,

Ram Ram

PRIOR POSTING

Dear Sadhakas,Hare Krishna.

This is in response to a question from a Sadhaka.

The chanting ( practice) of Bhagavad Gita, increases our concentration and devotion towards the Lord.

Lord Krishna says in Gitaji,

"Tesham satata yuktanam,Bhajatam priti purvakam,Dadami buddhi yogam tam,Yena mam upayanti te. "( Gitaji, 10, 10)

Which means,

' To those who are devoted to serving Me with love, I give them the understanding, by which they can come to Me. '

Here the word understanding means Buddhi ( Intelligence). This intelligence keeps the negative thoughts from entering

Devotional service , cleanses our hearts and souls, gives us the positive thinking.

Chanting of the Holy Names is practical for this Kaliyuga. Let us get into Harinama Sankirtanam and advance spiritually.

Thank You.

Hare Krishna.

Prasad.A.Iragavarapu, M.D

-Shri HariRam Ram Yes,Gita have the power to convert a person full of negative thoughts into a person full of positive thoughts.Self evidence Bhagwan Krishna has converted negative thoughts of Arjun into positive thoughts by doctrine of Karma & non-attachment. Read Gita daily for management of thoughts & tell us the difference after 18 days.Gita Jayanti this month is good day to start. Thanks & RegardsPawan Kumar Singhal ------ Dear Pradeep

Every person has power to convert his negative thoughts into positive thoughts.Gita only shows the process.

1)Gita has full power to convert person's thought from negative to positive.2)But "full negative thought" will not allow a person to study Gita as a regular practice.3)So ,it is better to study Gita before one becomes full of negative thought.4)All "thoughts" are alive and matter and negative thoughts vibrate at a frequency which dispels positive thoughts.5) Starting with strong will power and commitment that one will read Gita even 2 pages every day in evening and morning will change thoughts from negative to positive.6)Person with full of negative thoughts have less commitment and such they must start with small practice -sat one page Gita and 5 minutes Om. Once done for 21 days without break 'one can increase to 10 minutes and 2 pages.

best wishesAshok Jain--------------Fellow learners,Allow me to refer to Sloka 67 of chapter 18 of Bhagavad Gita. idam te na atapaskaaya, na abhaktaaya kadaacanana ca asusrooshave vaacyam na ca maam abhi asooyati If one is bent on cavil, one is not burning with the obsession to learn, not devoted (surrendes) to learning and not ready to go thru he hardshipd in learning, do not teach him (by force) this Dharma Sastra. This is Dharma. Religion converts; Dharma is voluntry. If one starts with negative thinking or aptitude to life but inclined to learn to be positive, then Yes Gita will turn him into positive thinking. But if the negative attitude is to learning this great knowledge itself, none can help such an Atma. Kindly refer to chapter 16 of Gita. We see parents who wish and bend their backs to get their wards amission ino medical schools/engineering schools. The ward's mind and Buddhi are not in them. Tell me how successfulthe ward would be even if he/she gets admission? The same is true with Gita. The aptitude must be there. Fifty years back I was a fan of Karl Marx and Engels and dialectic materialism. Simply and alone by God's grace, I began reading and then studying Bhagavad Gita. Now I realize Gita has asay in every matter of life any time and anywhere in the world. I therefore, named by book on Gita as "The all time working manual of life". Using the manual or not using is the choice of the user. Gita helps those who want to help themselves. Not every one.Samudrala KRISHNA --------------Yes sure Geetaji can tranform ones life like day n night.I suggest Sadhak sanjivani and Saranagati in particularThanxRaja Gurdasani -------------SADHAKSANJIVANI IN HINDI & Eng and GITA BY SHRI Jaydayal Goyindka IN HINDI & ENG both printed by Gita press Gorakhpur.hari Motwani -------------

Shree Hari Ram Ram There are thousands of versions of Gita books in Hindi. If you can read online, please start with the following by Swami Ramsukhdasji: GITA MADHURYA http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/pustak/pustak1/html/geetamadhurya/main.htmlYou can read this in less than couple of hours. SADHAK SANJIVANI http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/pustak/pustak1/html/SadhakSanjeevni/main.htmlRead one shloka per day and you will complete in approximately two years. For the benefit of sadhakas, please see Bhagavad Gita resourcescompiled by Karmayog.com :

http://www.karmayog.org/bhagavadgita/ Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram ---------------------

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -

FOR QUESTIONER1. The questions as far as possible must be relevant to Gita, relevant toDharma, relavant to other scriptures and relevant to motivate Sadhaks to take upspiritual path2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study3. Only one question at a time.4. Question must be brief, to the point and relevant to the group's primary aimof deeper understanding of Gita.

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES for RESPONDER: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the extent that theyfurther help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limitthe use to Sanskrit words and provide English word bracketed.

MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

Hare Krishna Does Gita have the power to convert a person full of negative thoughts into a person full of positive thoughts ? Also, can anyone suggest good book on GITA in Hindi ?

Warm Regards

Shree Hari

Ram Ram!

Dear Pardeepji, thanks for a good question!

Yes, most definitely, Gitaji has the power to turn the negative thoughts into positive ones when we earnestly apply it to our situations.

The fact that you are on this wonderful Gita-talk Forum says that you are a genuine sadhaka and a believer in Gita teachings, (Ref. Gita: 18/67)

Let me guess at a very short list of negative thoughts:

1. I am not happy and peaceful

2. I do not like the situation I am in, how can I get out of it?

3. I am not successful at getting more wealth and fame compared to the people I know.

4. I am fearful of life's uncertainties, what I want does not happen and what I do not want happens.

Now let us look a few of grand ideas Gitaji offers:

- People of the world are looking for happiness from this world which the world cannot provide because the world is nothing but a 'Dukhalya'. (An abode of sorrow, ref: Gita 8-15). How can thirst for water be satisfied by eating sweets. An inner eternal quest of human being can only be satisfied by union of individual consciousness with the Supreme Consciousness, both are of the same nature. The things have to go the source, the streams complete their journey by merging with the source, the ocean, the starting point.

- The desire for worldly enjoyment, objects and persons is the main reason for the sorrow and suffering. (Gitaji: 2/62-63, 3/37)

- The sense of ownership, me and mine is the issue. When we did not bring anything with us, are not going to take anything with us and also do not have the power to change the things to our liking, how can we call it ours. Everything belongs to God, considering these things to be our own is dishonesty.

- All pain, sorrows and frustration start with the wrong assumption that I am the body. Gitaji proves clearly that we are not this constantly changing body, senses, mind and intellect, instead we are an eternal ray of consciousness of the Supreme. (Gita 2/11-30, 7/4-5, 13/1-2, 15/7, 15/16 ...)

- Do not to run away from the scene, the current circumstances and situation (Like Arjuna wanted to beg alms and leave his Kashatrya Dharma - ref: Gita 2/5). Situations or the circumstances need not to be changed but the change in attitude is required (Gitaji: 2-38).

- Swamiji Maharaj says with what we have received (body, mind, material goods etc.), we should perform the service to the society (without expecting anything in return) and merge our consciousness with Supreme consciousness.

- Whatever happens, it is a function of 'Prarabhda', cannot control the outcome of things, should accept it gladly and be careful in performing new actions, which we have the choice there of. Neglecting to do the rightful duty is not a choice. (Gitaji 2-47)

- Do not to run away from the scene (the current circumstances and situation, like Arjuna wanted to beg alms and leave his Kashatrya Dharma - ref: Gita 2/5). Situations or the circumstances need not to be changed but the change in attitude is required (Gitaji: 2-38),

- If we surrender whole heartedly to God and perform our designated duty as an offering to God, then all sorrows are completly gone (Gitaji: 9/27-28, 18-46, 18-66).

Ram Ram

Humble regards,Madan Kaura

-

It is wonderful question.......

The journey is from "Negative Thoughts" to "Positive Thoughts" to "Happy Thoughts" to

"NO THOUGHTS"..... What helps in the journey is the understanding of wisdom of life.

Understanding is the key......

Gita has all the wisdom of life. Once we understand the wisdom, rest happens automatically....and is guaranteed.....

Wisdom is based on the concepts of oneness (who am I and who are others), surrendering, acceptance, encountering the myths (garbage) we have by examing them, true happiness, all important principle of attracting whatever we focus on in life (if we focus on the negative, negative starts increasing in life and vice-versa), and understanding clearly what is our goal, what do we want ultimately........

It is all so simple but simplicity itself becomes an obtacle sometimes.....to this journey.....

It is said that God's grace is required to start the journey since a person with negative thoughts is not really receptive and therefore he does not take the first step forward.....which is to understand the wisdom of life..... Grace could come in the form of a impactful event, developing trust in a guru or a close contact.....

or interest in spirituality.....

Sushil Jain

PRIOR POSTING

--

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

What can Dharma-based scriptures not be able to do? Definitely, Absolutely ! And what can you do? If you read the Gita, and after reading, understand it, assimilate it, then with certainty your life will transform. How man y have seen a peacock dance in the forest? The auther of "The Bhagavad Gita - Sadhak Sanjivani" an excellent translation, interpretation, commentary on the Gita by Swami Ramsukhdasji, can be available from Gita Press, Gorakhpur. You can get is easily and quickly. So be it,

Vineet Sarvottam

---------------

To me, the more relevant question would be, "Do I have the power of coverting my negativity into positivity?" Anything borrowed can only have momentary influence over a person. At best, the borrowed information can shift the locus and focus of one's thoughts and values. That is why Bhagavadgita puts an essential requirement for its seeker before embarking to take a dip in its sacred waters:

"Never mislead yourself with borrowed (untested and inexperienced) information in order to adapt your life into. At best, you would end up misusing the information to support the inherent ignorance which you have never attempted to get rid of!"

Therefore, the foremost question a seeker has to put against oneself is one's own ignorance regarding oneself as well as the rest. If at all the negative can turn positive, it is possible only through its very author - oneself! Therefore, the relevant question here is, "Do I have the power of converting my negativity into positivity?"

If one is factual, one instantly realizes that there is nothing that is negative or positive in the nature as such … everything happens just as they are and as they ought to as per the principles of nature … nobody can take responsibility for or claim authority over whatever that happens in this universe ... As KrishNa declares, even the result of any interaction belongs to the nature alone and nobody else ...

It is because we imagine ourselves to be responsible and authoritative over what happens in and around what we think we are, we develop tendencies - negativity and positivity. We are bogged down by the negativity much more as the positivity is always taken for granted. We never question the root cause for the negativity ... the real cause is the anxious urge for positivity only!

Really speaking, there is nothing positive or negative in anything as far as one observes the nature as is … The nature has not created anything with anything in mind. Everything is built from the same matter and energy released at once as they are with a built-in knowledge of presence of each other in each other around each other; people delude in illusive notions of good and bad as their intellect is eclipsed with ignorance:

If we can question our ignorance, "how are we really responsible or instrumental for anything that is happening around on its own? And, how can anything be positive or negative?", then the illusive reality of our notions gets exposed. Then, we may be able to raise the question, "who can dismantle this coccoon of illusive notions?" For a truthful seeker, the answer always unique - oneself. Only one who built the coccoon knows how to get out of it. It is the law of nature. Even The God cannot interfere. ONLY THE ONE WHO BUILT THE COCCOON CAN BREAK IT. "Turning negative to positive" is the root cause for all our tendencies - we always want the environment to mend itself to suit our whims and fancies. The only way of getting rid of negativity is to drop the crave for positivity ... the only way to win over the fear of death is to drop the desire for birth in the first place ... to acknowledge the nature as is.

Therefore, let us get back to the question, "Are we capable of annihilating all our notions?" If the answer is "Yes!", then comes the next question - "Are we ready to embark on the same??" If the answer is "Yes!!", then glares the puzzling question in front, "What is stopping you???" Hesitation to apply oneself completely is the ignorance - Gita is the ultimate medicine for one who stumbles in hesitation. It guides the one who wants to walk. It cannot help ones who have no intent to walk in the first place. The power is within. FOR THE ONE WHO REALLY WANTS TO WALK, THERE IS NOTHING OTHER THAN BHAGAVADGITA IN THE WHOLE CREATION.

Respects.

Naga Narayana

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Swamiji has said that there is no end to the depths of this sacred book - GITA.In a few words, the essence of the Gita is Salvation of all Mankind. Man can become eternally BLISSFUL (Positive). In the Gita, the extraordinary and divine art of living in this world has been revealed, by which any man, being in any situation and while engaged in dealings in the world, can attain BLISS / POSITIVE THOUGHTS. He can attain salvation and upliftment. There is no need to renounce everything and become an ascetic, as many of the world scriptures indicate that spirituality and relating with the world cannot happen at the same time. But Gita says - wherever you are, whatever sacred book you believe in, whatever religion you practice, etc., believing in that itself, if you live according to the principles of the Gita, then you will surely become POSITIVE / BLISSFUL... You will attain salvation.Being of any faith, if your aim is to attain everlasting POSITIVE ATTITUDE, SUPREME BLISS, to attain SALVATION, then for you the Gita will provide all the necessary materials, information and ammunition to do so.

Please start with Gita Madhurya, light conversation style and can be completed in couple of hours. Gita Talk Moderators have provided the links below. Start today !!! All auspicious work should begin immediately, at your earliest convenience.

Meera Das,

Ram Ram

PRIOR POSTING

The chanting ( practice) of Bhagavad Gita, increases our concentration and devotion towards the Lord.

"Tesham satata yuktanam,Bhajatam priti purvakam,Dadami buddhi yogam tam,Yena mam upayanti te. "( Gitaji, 10, 10)

Which means,

' To those who are devoted to serving Me with love, I give them the understanding, by which they can come to Me. '

Here the word understanding means Buddhi ( Intelligence). This intelligence keeps the negative thoughts from entering

Devotional service , cleanses our hearts and souls, gives us the positive thinking.

Chanting of the Holy Names is practical for this Kaliyuga. Let us get into Harinama Sankirtanam and advance spiritually.

Thank You.

Hare Krishna.

-Shri HariRam Ram Yes,Gita have the power to convert a person full of negative thoughts into a person full of positive thoughts.Self evidence Bhagwan Krishna has converted negative thoughts of Arjun into positive thoughts by doctrine of Karma & non-attachment. Read Gita daily for management of thoughts & tell us the difference after 18 days.Gita Jayanti this month is good day to start. Thanks & RegardsPawan Kumar Singhal ------ Dear Pradeep

1)Gita has full power to convert person's thought from negative to positive.2)But "full negative thought" will not allow a person to study Gita as a regular practice.3)So ,it is better to study Gita before one becomes full of negative thought.4)All "thoughts" are alive and matter and negative thoughts vibrate at a frequency which dispels positive thoughts.5) Starting with strong will power and commitment that one will read Gita even 2 pages every day in evening and morning will change thoughts from negative to positive.6)Person with full of negative thoughts have less commitment and such they must start with small practice -sat one page Gita and 5 minutes Om. Once done for 21 days without break 'one can increase to 10 minutes and 2 pages.

best wishesAshok Jain--------------Fellow learners,Allow me to refer to Sloka 67 of chapter 18 of Bhagavad Gita. idam te na atapaskaaya, na abhaktaaya kadaacanana ca asusrooshave vaacyam na ca maam abhi asooyati If one is bent on cavil, one is not burning with the obsession to learn, not devoted (surrendes) to learning and not ready to go thru he hardshipd in learning, do not teach him (by force) this Dharma Sastra. This is Dharma. Religion converts; Dharma is voluntry. If one starts with negative thinking or aptitude to life but inclined to learn to be positive, then Yes Gita will turn him into positive thinking. But if the negative attitude is to learning this great knowledge itself, none can help such an Atma. Kindly refer to chapter 16 of Gita. We see parents who wish and bend their backs to get their wards amission ino medical schools/engineering schools. The ward's mind and Buddhi are not in them. Tell me how successfulthe ward would be even if he/she gets admission? The same is true with Gita. The aptitude must be there. Fifty years back I was a fan of Karl Marx and Engels and dialectic materialism. Simply and alone by God's grace, I began reading and then studying Bhagavad Gita. Now I realize Gita has asay in every matter of life any time and anywhere in the world. I therefore, named by book on Gita as "The all time working manual of life". Using the manual or not using is the choice of the user. Gita helps those who want to help themselves. Not every one.Samudrala KRISHNA --------------Yes sure Geetaji can tranform ones life like day n night.I suggest Sadhak sanjivani and Saranagati in particularThanxRaja Gurdasani -------------SADHAKSANJIVANI IN HINDI & Eng and GITA BY SHRI Jaydayal Goyindka IN HINDI & ENG both printed by Gita press Gorakhpur.hari Motwani -------------

Shree Hari Ram Ram There are thousands of versions of Gita books in Hindi. If you can read online, please start with the following by Swami Ramsukhdasji: GITA MADHURYA http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/pustak/pustak1/html/geetamadhurya/main.htmlYou can read this in less than couple of hours. SADHAK SANJIVANI http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijibooks/pustak/pustak1/html/SadhakSanjeevni/main.htmlRead one shloka per day and you will complete in approximately two years. For the benefit of sadhakas, please see Bhagavad Gita resourcescompiled by Karmayog.com :

http://www.karmayog.org/bhagavadgita/ Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram ---------------------

FOR QUESTIONER1. The questions as far as possible must be relevant to Gita, relevant toDharma, relavant to other scriptures and relevant to motivate Sadhaks to take upspiritual path2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study3. Only one question at a time.4. Question must be brief, to the point and relevant to the group's primary aimof deeper understanding of Gita.

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES for RESPONDER: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the extent that theyfurther help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limitthe use to Sanskrit words and provide English word bracketed.

MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

Warm Regards

Dear Sadhak,

Negative or positive, thay are just thoughts.A true seeker is an obeserver of his/her own thoughts. His/her aim is to go beyond the thoughts and stay connected with his own true SELF(GOD/Krishna/Universal Conciousness).

What is the source of our thoughts ? Mind. See what my Beloved says--

uddhared atmanatmanam natmanam avasadayet atmaiva hy atmano bandhur atmaiva ripur atmanah

A man must elevate himself by his own mind, not degrade himself. The mind is the friend of the conditioned soul, and his enemy as well.(Gitaji 6:5)

My own mind has created negative thoughts, and only my own mind can turn them into positive with the help of Gitaji, IF my own mind is ready to change itself.

Posting of all experienced and learned sadhaks are a valuable gift to you by Krishna Himself. Read and reread, ultimately your own mind will help you out.

With lots of Love,

A sadhika

Sadhna Karigar

--------------------------------

shree hari ram ram

When we face the Sun, can we experience darkness? When we face God (Bliss Personified), how can you experience negativity? God reveals Himself through Gita. It is His nectar-filled divine song... how can negativity have the ability to stay ?

Simply try it out (reading the Gita regularly) for few months and see the magic.

With love and devotion, Meera Das, Ram Ram

Dear Sadhak,

When there are negative thoughts because of our ignorance then by reciting and knowing the meaning of verses no 10,17, 19, 20,and other verses of Gita Mayatmaya When we seek wisdom ( Param pada ) It means we seek positive attitude in life.

Secondly please refer verses 10 and 11 of Chapter ten in which we seek wisdom means we get positive understanding of our thoughts

In my personal opinion when we read Bhagvata Gita every day our negative thoughts are gone we are in positive mood.That is why Mahtma Gandhiji read Bhgavat Gita every day and as he said he got insight into any problems coming before him

I think this will surely enlighten you

Truly yours

Shankerprasad S Bhatt-----------

Shree Hari

Ram Ram!

Yes, most definitely, Gitaji has the power to turn the negative thoughts into positive ones when we earnestly apply it to our situations.

The fact that you are on this wonderful Gita-talk Forum says that you are a genuine sadhaka and a believer in Gita teachings, (Ref. Gita: 18/67)

3. I am not successful at getting more wealth and fame compared to the people I know.

4. I am fearful of life's uncertainties, what I want does not happen and what I do not want happens.

- People of the world are looking for happiness from this world which the world cannot provide because the world is nothing but a 'Dukhalya'. (An abode of sorrow, ref: Gita 8-15). How can thirst for water be satisfied by eating sweets. An inner eternal quest of human being can only be satisfied by union of individual consciousness with the Supreme Consciousness, both are of the same nature. The things have to go the source, the streams complete their journey by merging with the source, the ocean, the starting point.

- The desire for worldly enjoyment, objects and persons is the main reason for the sorrow and suffering. (Gitaji: 2/62-63, 3/37)

- The sense of ownership, me and mine is the issue. When we did not bring anything with us, are not going to take anything with us and also do not have the power to change the things to our liking, how can we call it ours. Everything belongs to God, considering these things to be our own is dishonesty.

- All pain, sorrows and frustration start with the wrong assumption that I am the body. Gitaji proves clearly that we are not this constantly changing body, senses, mind and intellect, instead we are an eternal ray of consciousness of the Supreme. (Gita 2/11-30, 7/4-5, 13/1-2, 15/7, 15/16 ...)

- Do not to run away from the scene, the current circumstances and situation (Like Arjuna wanted to beg alms and leave his Kashatrya Dharma - ref: Gita 2/5). Situations or the circumstances need not to be changed but the change in attitude is required (Gitaji: 2-38).

- Swamiji Maharaj says with what we have received (body, mind, material goods etc.), we should perform the service to the society (without expecting anything in return) and merge our consciousness with Supreme consciousness.

- Whatever happens, it is a function of 'Prarabhda', cannot control the outcome of things, should accept it gladly and be careful in performing new actions, which we have the choice there of. Neglecting to do the rightful duty is not a choice. (Gitaji 2-47)

- Do not to run away from the scene (the current circumstances and situation, like Arjuna wanted to beg alms and leave his Kashatrya Dharma - ref: Gita 2/5). Situations or the circumstances need not to be changed but the change in attitude is required (Gitaji: 2-38),

- If we surrender whole heartedly to God and perform our designated duty as an offering to God, then all sorrows are completly gone (Gitaji: 9/27-28, 18-46, 18-66).

Ram Ram

-

The journey is from "Negative Thoughts" to "Positive Thoughts" to "Happy Thoughts" to

"NO THOUGHTS"..... What helps in the journey is the understanding of wisdom of life.

Gita has all the wisdom of life. Once we understand the wisdom, rest happens automatically....and is guaranteed.....

Wisdom is based on the concepts of oneness (who am I and who are others), surrendering, acceptance, encountering the myths (garbage) we have by examing them, true happiness, all important principle of attracting whatever we focus on in life (if we focus on the negative, negative starts increasing in life and vice-versa), and understanding clearly what is our goal, what do we want ultimately........

It is all so simple but simplicity itself becomes an obtacle sometimes.....to this journey.....

It is said that God's grace is required to start the journey since a person with negative thoughts is not really receptive and therefore he does not take the first step forward.....which is to understand the wisdom of life..... Grace could come in the form of a impactful event, developing trust in a guru or a close contact.....

Sushil Jain

PRIOR POSTING

--

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

What can Dharma-based scriptures not be able to do? Definitely, Absolutely ! And what can you do? If you read the Gita, and after reading, understand it, assimilate it, then with certainty your life will transform. How man y have seen a peacock dance in the forest? The auther of "The Bhagavad Gita - Sadhak Sanjivani" an excellent translation, interpretation, commentary on the Gita by Swami Ramsukhdasji, can be available from Gita Press, Gorakhpur. You can get is easily and quickly. So be it,

Vineet Sarvottam

---------------

Respects.

Naga Narayana

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Meera Das,

Ram Ram

PRIOR POSTING

Which means,

Thank You.

Hare Krishna.

Warm Regards

Shree Hari

|| Ram Ram ||

Meera Das ji has summarized it beautifully, what a blessing indeed! Negative thoughts only lead a person to commit sin, the desire (Kamana) is at root cause of all (Gitaji: 3-37)!

As Goswami Tulsidasji says:

sanamukha hoi jiva mohi jabahi, janma koti agha nasahi tabahi

(Manas, Sundara Kanda, 44-1)

'The moment a creature turns its face towards Me, the sins incurred by it through millions of lives are washed away, the same moment!'

api cet suduracaro ... sadhur eva sa manatvavyah ... (Gitaji: 9-30)

'Even if a man of most sinful conduct worships Me with exclusive devotion, he should be considered as a saint, for he has rightly resolved'.

ksipram bhavati dharmatma .... (Gita 9-31)

'Immediately such a man becomes righteous and attains lasting peace. Know that, for certain My devotee never perishes'.

|| Ram Ram ||

Dear Sadhna (Kaarigar),

Your message on this topic is very good, precise and competent. Yes, my chld, it is the Mana that turns positive or negative. Studying, not reading and reciting, Gita helps one to realize the power of Mana (mind/psyche). The chapter from which you quoted the Sloka is Atma Samyama Yoga - the mode of disciplining (proper utilization) of Mana. Material success puts a Mana into positive frame and failures push it into -ve frame. Resisting such pushes is Yoga:

Yogasthah kuru karmaani sangam tyaktvaa Dhananjayah

Siddhi Asiddhi yoh samou bhootva samatvam yoga ucyate 2.48

Further for the one who realizes that Atma within is different from the body/Prakriti, success and failure are of the same irrelevance to Atma. Laabha alaabhou, jaya ajayou tulya ninda atma samsthuthih - all these become irrelevant to the one who realizes the true identity of Atma. he conquers the Triguna (Triguna ateeta) see chapter 14. That alone is positive thinking or frame of mind.

May God bless all learners.

Krishna

-------

the heart danced the song of Silence

reading the beautiful answers of sadhaks of knowing ....... their answers

shared with the thirsty minds .....

ah, narinder, what joy ...................

joy, joy, joy , ananda .................... sadhana, jee, meera jee, so simple sushil jeeo, narayana naga jee..................

and, all sadhaks true ..........................................................................

ananda are you ............ sharing ananda with the self .......................aum

this universe, seemingly so real, is but a thought

so too right and wrong

foolish and wise ....................

true wisdom , in one-ness, witnesses in joy

the dance of silence in all its play .....................

time now, dear sadhaks,

to drop the questions

drop the seeking ..............

and walk the Path..............

just walk joyfully, in this Moment Now ,

the Path that Natkhat shows to you............. just to you .......... the special path He lays for you ...........

and when the Mind rebels, persuade it to become Silent for a while .............

do not fight your mind, coax it lovingly ................

ah, your mind is also you .................... you shall not win, shall you fight with the mind !!!!

lovingly but firmly, persuade it to be ' still '............

'' for 23 hours, Mind , you had your sway, narinder obeyed you ..........

now, be still, dear one, for an hour heed to narinder's command ............ be still , ah ''

and in the stillness of the mind , the Joy of the self , shall create in the Mind

the thirst for Silence, for Truth, for the Real .....................

till the mind and the self become Not -two .................

and krishna's flute begins to play silently the unsung melody of Love in you, the self ...............

AUM

narinder bhandari

================================

PRIOR POSTING

Dear Sadhak,

Negative or positive, thay are just thoughts.A true seeker is an obeserver of his/her own thoughts. His/her aim is to go beyond the thoughts and stay connected with his own true SELF(GOD/Krishna/Universal Conciousness).

What is the source of our thoughts ? Mind. See what my Beloved says--

uddhared atmanatmanam natmanam avasadayet atmaiva hy atmano bandhur atmaiva ripur atmanah

A man must elevate himself by his own mind, not degrade himself. The mind is the friend of the conditioned soul, and his enemy as well.(Gitaji 6:5)

My own mind has created negative thoughts, and only my own mind can turn them into positive with the help of Gitaji, IF my own mind is ready to change itself.

Posting of all experienced and learned sadhaks are a valuable gift to you by Krishna Himself. Read and reread, ultimately your own mind will help you out.

With lots of Love,

A sadhika

Sadhna Karigar

shree hari ram ram

When we face the Sun, can we experience darkness? When we face God (Bliss Personified), how can you experience negativity? God reveals Himself through Gita. It is His nectar-filled divine song... how can negativity have the ability to stay ?

Simply try it out (reading the Gita regularly) for few months and see the magic.

With love and devotion, Meera Das, Ram Ram

Dear Sadhak,

When there are negative thoughts because of our ignorance then by reciting and knowing the meaning of verses no 10,17, 19, 20,and other verses of Gita Mayatmaya When we seek wisdom ( Param pada ) It means we seek positive attitude in life.

Secondly please refer verses 10 and 11 of Chapter ten in which we seek wisdom means we get positive understanding of our thoughts

In my personal opinion when we read Bhagvata Gita every day our negative thoughts are gone we are in positive mood.That is why Mahtma Gandhiji read Bhgavat Gita every day and as he said he got insight into any problems coming before him

I think this will surely enlighten you

Truly yours

Shankerprasad S Bhatt-----------

Shree Hari

Ram Ram!

Ram Ram

-

Sushil Jain

PRIOR POSTING

--

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

Vineet Sarvottam

---------------

Respects.

Naga Narayana

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Meera Das,

Ram Ram

PRIOR POSTING

Which means,

Thank You.

Hare Krishna.