IndiaDivine.org

GITAJI CHANGED MY LIFE / MY EXPERIENCE WITH GITA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Shree HariRam Ram

Revisiting... especially due to Gita Jayanti week.

THERE IS NO GIFT GREATER THAN THE GIFT OF THIS DIVINE KNOWLEDGE - BHAGAVADGITA says Bhagwaan. PLEASE READ GITA 18/68. "He who, offering the highest love to Me, shares the profound gospel of the Gita among My devotees, shall come to Me alone. There is No doubt about it. (Gita 18/68) . "Among men there is none who does Me a more loving service than he; nor shall anyone be dearer to Me in the entire globe than he." (Gita 18/69)

AS WE CONCLUDE GITA JAYANTI WEEK.... BE GENEROUS IN SHARING THIS KNOWLEDGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. SEND US THEIR EMAILS IDS TO RECEIVE DAILY GITA MESSAGE (Sadhaka Group) .

Those in TEMPLE COMMITTEES OR OTHER MAY INCLUDE THE SADHAK GROUP LINK ON THEIR HOME PAGE, SO TEMPLE DEVOTEES MAY BENEFIT FROM DAILY GITA MESSAGE.

FOR DAILY GITA MESSAGE:

sadhaka/

FOR GITA TALK / DISCUSSION

/

Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram

------------------------------

NEW POSTING

To me Bhagavadgita is synonymous with the rest of all the scriptures in the world that educate us toward self-relief and Self-Realization. The "change" that The Gita has showered on me is to decelerate my constant crave to seek the "changes" in life ... to depend on the changes less and less and to experience the changes as they pass by as would The Changeless, The Witness of all. The most inspiring verse from the Gita that is showering its grace on me abundantly is its first verse that is the Gateway for everything else:

Dharmakshetre kurukshetre samavetaa yuyutsavaah |

Maamakaah paaNDavaashchaiva kimakurvata sanjaya ||

Thank God, The Darma chose to arise amidst the Kuru-s that infest me from God knows when. The upraisal of the Darma is the ray of hope to uproot the Kuru-s eventually. Hope of uprooting the Kuru-s gives the hope to seek The KrishNa. Only the termination of the Maamakaah is the way to terminate the Kurus within. Only by nurturing the PaaNDavaah, the Dharma-s within I could ever think of eradicating the Maamakaah, the Kuru-s. Thank God, the gateway to seek Him is opened by His Grace. The Maamakaa-s are still infesting me feeding upon the desires and fears that I harbor trying their best to keep me blind toward the PaaNDavaa-s. O Maadhava! Please remove the opaqueness of my vision to release it to its natural transparency to seek You. O Muraare! Let Your Wisdom flood in to wash away all my ignorance that has coccooned me in itself; to eradicate my inertia to break open this self-delusive coccoon for once; and to liberate me from my self-created bondage in the coccoon with all polarities such as ignorance and inertia, desire and fear, etc.O KrishNa! Absorb me into You that I truly AM.

Bhagavan! Break the gates of my forte of identities … flood the Bhagavadgita IN ... dissolve away all my desires and fears in the flood ... let the flood quench its appetite devouring all the tendencies that are infesting the nookes and corners of my existence ... let the tubulence of the flood too get dissolved in the ocean of bliss that is Your Abode ... let me be one with that abode of Yours ... let me be one with You in Your Abode ... in the flood of the changes amongst Your Own Images all around. Let me be ... Your Abode that You Are ...

In submission to The Lord of all …

Naga Narayana

To me Bhagavadgita is synonymous with the rest of all the scriptures in the world that educate us toward self-relief and Self-Realization. The "change" that The Gita has showered on me is to decelerate my constant crave to seek the "changes" in life ... to depend on the changes less and less and to experience the changes as they pass by as would The Changeless, The Witness of all. The most inspiring verse from the Gita that is showering its grace on me abundantly is its first verse that is the Gateway for everything else:

Dharmakshetre kurukshetre samavetaa yuyutsavaah |

Maamakaah paaNDavaashchaiva kimakurvata sanjaya ||

Thank God, The Darma chose to arise amidst the Kuru-s that infest me from God knows when. The upraisal of the Darma is the ray of hope to uproot the Kuru-s eventually. Hope of uprooting the Kuru-s gives the hope to seek The KrishNa. Only the termination of the Maamakaah is the way to terminate the Kurus within. Only by nurturing the PaaNDavaah, the Dharma-s within I could ever think of eradicating the Maamakaah, the Kuru-s. Thank God, the gateway to seek Him is opened by His Grace. The Maamakaa-s are still infesting me feeding upon the desires and fears that I harbor trying their best to keep me blind toward the PaaNDavaa-s. O Maadhava! Please remove the opaqueness of my vision to release it to its natural transparency to seek You. O Muraare! Let Your Wisdom flood in to wash away all my ignorance that has coccooned me in itself; to eradicate my inertia to break open this self-delusive coccoon for once; and to liberate me from my self-created bondage in the coccoon with all polarities such as ignorance and inertia, desire and fear, etc.O KrishNa! Absorb me into You that I truly AM.

Bhagavan! Break the gates of my forte of identities … flood the Bhagavadgita IN ... dissolve away all my desires and fears in the flood ... let the flood quench its appetite devouring all the tendencies that are infesting the nookes and corners of my existence ... let the tubulence of the flood too get dissolved in the ocean of bliss that is Your Abode ... let me be one with that abode of Yours ... let me be one with You in Your Abode ... in the flood of the changes amongst Your Own Images all around. Let me be ... Your Abode that You Are ...

In submission to The Lord of all …

Naga Narayana

Dear Ram Ram

My prostrations to you I am proud that you are propagating Gita's messages amongst all Sadhaks.I am one of them

I chose the last verse of Bhagvat Gita which inspires us all ( Chapter 18th Sloka 78 )

Whereever there is Lord Krishna,the Lord Of Yoga and wherever there is Vir Arjun ( soul ) there abides prosperity ,victory,glory and rightfulness.This is my firm convictions

I believe in my scripture Gita which is the shortcut of all Hindu scriptures as narated in Sloka ( Chapter One sloka 4 )

My favourate slaka is Bhagtvat Gita Chapter I verse 5 )

Vadudevam Sutam Davam, kansacharunya mardam /

Devakiparmanandam krishnam vande jagatgurum //

Atleast recite this one sloka every day.This is used as mantra too

All verses of Bhagvat Gita are like mantras and we can not make any more distinctions

My one friend iAS was reading the whole of Gita every day.I used to read Gita Chapter XV .In case I can not read then I recite three Slokas Chapter I verse 5 and slokas iv slokas 7 and 8

For benefits of reciting Bhagvat Gita please read Gita Mahatmaya given in the beginning of Gita.

This will please the moderator

Truly your devotee

Shankerprasad S Bhatt M.Com

--------------------------------

It is only the recitation of Bhagavt Gita will surely inspires you to find a way of life that other Saints and leader like mahatma Gandhi who did not start his morning work without reciting some slokas from Bhagvata Gita.Please read my other notes on Gita.This is the time of Gita Jayanti. Believe in what lord Krishna told to vir Arjun ( soul ) Whosoever surrednders to Lord Krishna He or She gets everything in life Whosoever comes to me ( Lord Krishna ) comes to Me ( Salvation.Read the last verse of Bhagvat Gita and start reading Bhagvat Gita which is the sum and substance of all Hindu scriptures

Truly yours

Shankerprasad S Bhatt M.Com

---

Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!What a profound is the message of Vyasji! "You realize the changelessness of you"! That is THE Change!On that note, I would say The way Gita changed my life is that I realize no such thing as "my" life, it is just LIFE!Changes seem to appear in THAT Changelessness!Namaskar....Pratap Bhatt

----------------------------

Dear Sadhak

Raag/attachment-Gita 3(34) towards worldly pleasure is main obstacle towards God realisation.

First make mind of your aim of your life that is God realisation & be crazy.

Do action without attachment-Gita 2(47-48)

What you brought to loose?

Thanks & Regards

Pawan Kumar Singhal

------------------------------

No body can change your lot. Not even your efforts. Not even changing the pattern of your thinking.

This negating every thing to change yourself puts you face to face with yourself. This negating forces you to see every fact or challenge as it is.

You come to your operating system. Or you are the operating system.

There is no separate you and the operating system.Realisation is not a dead (done) thing.Truth is an understanding beyond the question-answer pattern. It is actual understanding. The relief offered by satisfactory answer is not there.Y V Chawla-------------------------

AATHREYA – SRI KRISHNA BHAGAVAD GEETHA - dr bala krishna murthy

Year 2009 November 28 th day

Sixth day of week that is Saturday

Bhagavad Geetha Jayanthi Day

Sacred Song Of Krishna , Divinity

Geetha Annivaersay Birth Day

After New Moon , Eleventh Day

During the Lunar Month of Mrugsir

5150 Years Ago on This Day

Lord Krishna showed us The Way

Told Arjuna his responsibility

That everyone should do their duty

With commitment and sincerity

Essence of All Cosmic Activity

Going on and on for Eternity

When Shakthi Motivated Shiva To Yogic Action

As Even Shiva sans Energy is Only Inertia

Thus Viraat Purush Initiated Brahma into Creation

Finally It Is Divine Krishna giving us all A Reason

To Discharge our Responsibilities within our dominion

Subject to our capacity and without any expectation

We all know that every good noble action

will result in an equally good noble reaction .

Hence let us all share the burden ,

and do our bit without any trepidation nor hesitation

Om Thath Sath - So Be It – Amen –

As It Is Written So Shall It Be Done

aathreya- r.bala krishna murthy

---------------------

Dear Geetaji devotees,

When Smt. Thavidammal was casually looking after painting of " Droupathi 's removal of saree by Thuchadanana" by an artist ( using chemical paint ) in the compound wall of the temple - there was an internal call from Krishna -" An artist was making Droupathi's picture with abnoxious smell (of chemical paint ) ; you are wasting your time by looking into this drawing as Droupathi herself is 'maya' ( as she was more affectionate with Arjuna ) -please go and attend your animal keeping work as one calf is suffering / struggling with abstruction of materials in the mouth . She rushed immediately to the cattle shed and exactly found true that what Lord was telling. She relived the obstruction and fed the calf with a banana. Per my understanding, Lord always favour duty first rather than induldgence with so called Bhakthi or at the cost of duty.

With kind regards, Sincerely,P.Vivekanandan

--

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Vivekanandan ji... are duty separate from Bhakti as such? When you belong to God, and everything you do (including worship, devotion, rememberance, adoration i.e. Bhakti, then where is the question of Bhakthi at the cost of duty????

Ram Ram

-

RULES TO BE OBSERVED WHILE CHANTING OF MANTRASHave complete devotion and faith in the Mantra. Repose your complete faith inthe deity being worshipped.Keep a peaceful mind.While chanting of Mantras never let your mind be distracted.( concentratedeeply)Put your complete will power in the chanting of Mantra.Never be afraid while the chanting of Mantra.Never change your place before your Mantrik meditation is complete.Perform Mantrik meditation as laid down in our scriptures.From the beginning to the end of the meditational chanting of Mantra do notchange incense(Dhoop) , lamp(Deepak) , asana, beads(Mala) and clothes.

Thanks !

Hindu Devotional

-

Its time temples should be told to read a sloka or chapter of Gita when they meet rather ,praying jai Jgdish or jai laxmi mata .

A letter should be drafted by group and mailed or circulated and each week or daiy Geeta message for today.-- Arish K. Sahani-

Dear Sandeep Gupta,

If you real have faith in Lord Krishna's teachings in Gita your consciousness will go higher and higher and then will surely guide you to reach the stage of final meeting with Almighty God.You must have deep faith in your scriptures Recite every day

Har rama rama rama hare hare

Hare krishna krishna krishna Hare hare

Always understand its meaning.Read Gita Mahatmaya

Read all my views in this Gita Group emails

Truly yours

Shankerprasad S Bhatt

PRIOR POSTING

Dear fellow sadhakas,Hare Krishna. This is in response to the question of Gitaji, having an influence on my life. This material world is full of stress and misery. The reason is people get attached to the results or fruits of their action. If we do our actions in the name of the Lord, without caring for the results, then our lives will be peaceful. This is well described in the following sloka,"Karmany evadhikaraste,Ma phaleshu kadacana,Ma karma phala hetur bhur,Ma te sango stv akarmani. "( Gitaji 2,47)Which means,'You have a right to perform your duty but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. Do not consider yourself the cause of the results of your actions. Do not be attached to not doing your duty. 'Selfless work gives us peace of mind in this life and also advances us spiritually. Thank YouHare Krishna. Prasad.A.Iragavarapu,M.D

----------------------------

Hari OmIt so changes your life that the very change thereupon ceases to occur. It makes you realise the changelessness of you.Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B ---

Dear sadhaks, Namaste.During my college days I took sanskrit as second language and first two chapters of geeta were prescribed for paper one.I was very much interested to read and recollect certain verses like dehinosmin ...tatha dehantara prapti ( Gita 2/13) worked on me like mantra when I lost my mother at the age of 18.I can not forget the qualities of stitha prajna described by bhagvan from Gita 2/55 to 2/72.Badri Narayana Miriyala

---

You may lose anger, fear, desire, attachment and ego. That is great. You are onright lines. By losing all these, you are not going to be a living dead, youwill become a living freedom free from the shackels and bondage of this materialand desire-driven egoistic world. You will gain liberation. Your body and mindwill become free of all burdens and you will soon get instructions from Godwithin you on what you need to do. Do not worry. Give up this worry that youhave. You will lose nothing. You can only gain liberation and untained peace,happiness and love. You will get what you need without even trying for it.Basudeb Sen--

By reading the Gita you are realising the true value of material things. It is good that you are losing interest in worldly objects. Your reactions have mellowed. You are on the right path but your question shows that you have not reached the end of the journey. It is only the beginning. The only purpose of our existence is to unite with the Self. Till that happens you have to carry on. You have a long way to go to attain Moksha or liberation from the endless cycles of birth and death.Hari Shanker Deo

---

QUESTION:

Dear members,

I have been trying to practice the Gita principles and reading it regularly as well, over past few months.

It has to a considerable extent mellowed down my reaction to an undesired event / occurrence, which earlier used to be emotionally intense reaction like ecstatic or angry.

However, i am finding i am also losing interest in worldly objects and events. For example passions for wordly objects like car, watches, electronic gadgets has practically died down. I am scared that i lose interest in life itself, and then probably will become a living dead - with all natural reactions, interests subjugated.

This is happening since i am doing regular reading and practice of Gita. It appears that this is doing me more harm than good. The idea of ephemeral world and its attributes, makes one lose interest in doing anything worthwhile from human perspective.

It may be a subjective case of mine, but i would like to know experience of others.

regards

Sundeep Gupta

-----------------------

NEW POSTING

Dear Sadaks,Sundeep Gupta you are gifted to read Bagavath Geetha. Many have book in shelf and do not read even after reminding by friends. Your previous good deeds making you so. The mind is like this:- If you look at world, you like all objects. But you look at God, by way of Geetha, Sat Sangh, Bajans Etc naturally you loose interest in objects. But if one balances mind and intellect on God, he does not care if you wear costly cloths or just a piece of Cloth. Read Geetha and understand what exactly IT says. Example: Ramaganatha Gosami disciple of Sant Samartha Ramadoss. He was walking in jungle, when Marathi Shivaji came across. Shivaji knew that he was Sant disciple. Immediately Shivaji ordered, good cloths, simhasan, a tent and food and posted 5 Jawans to take care.The message went to Sant, that his disciple was enjoying comforts where as Sant was with NO comforts. Sant went to Gosami and said, "Gosami why all this abandon and go elsewhere". Gosami just abandoned, threw all cloths and went away. Again Shivaji met and same was ordered. Gosami back in comforts. Sant Ramdoss explains, that Gosami though seemed by other that he is in comforts, Gosami is not having any attachment to anything. Gosami was just watching his body been used by Shivaji, said Samartha Ramadoos. Jada Bharath was dressed well, insense applied, garlanded before beheaded. Bharath was same before trying beheading with all that and when Maa Kali appeared and beheaded tribes setting free Bharat. NOT a small difference to any attachment. Simple example: When a mad man given comforts of Jewels, dress Etc remains the same when they are taken away from him. All comes and goes. Due to imbalance, we feel happy when something comes and feel sad when it goes. Sri Krishna in Geetha said:- What you brought to loose-------. You all sadaks know the rest. But we forget.B.Sathyanarayan---------

Yes, attachment to any particular will no longer be there as now one is linked to every thing.One sees the ecstasy of being alive.Y V Chawla

----------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Until you do not reveal that principle (siddhaant) of the Gita that you are practicing (abhyaas), due to which your interest (ruchi) in life is seemingly dead (mrtpraayah) , nothing will be worth saying or hearing. What is the fault of Gita in this? Fault is in your own doing. Because before doing you are attached (aasakt) to it's fruit (phal). The first indispensability(aavashyaktaah) of the Gita is to be free of desire for fruit. So be it, Vineet Sarvottam

Dear Mr Sandeep Gupta,Bhagavad Gita aims at combining divinity, spirituality and social missiion. Its greatest message is in Verse 2-3 "" Arise from this paltry faint heartedness, O scorcher of your enemies" If by reading Bhagavaad Gita more harm is being done to you, it is because you are accepting Formal equivalence and NOT Dynamic Equivalence of the teachings of Bhagavd Gita. Lokmanya Tilak. Gokhale, Gandhi ji and many others accepted the Dynamic Equivalence of Bhagavd Gita and finally succeeded in attaining Independence. Thus all later verses should make you arise and not depressed. The idea of ephemeral world MAYA- Cosmic Delusion is that do not live only in the material world which is an illusion of comfort in this vast turbulent sea of matter, the Real world is within you so combine both. Thus message is very clear if a person lives only in the material world of senses, his/her Human Nature is vastly diffreent i.e. ungrateful, fickle, deceitful, cowardly and avercious. If a person combines both- Inner Real world and outer world of vast turbuleent sea of matter, the Human Nature changes to love, harmony, others welfare, healthy community life and selfless activity for the larger Community. Bhagavd Gita no where says lose interest in wordly objects. Acquire worldly objects by developing positive Human Nature. Always keep verse 2-3 in mind and interpret later verses of Bhagavad Gita to ensure thatse make you arise to your selfless duty towards society. with regards,Prem Sabhlok

Divine One!The Lord is everything and being. Be compassionately detached. See theessence. Be good and do good. "Detachment" doesn't mean running away fromthe world, rather one has to change the way of looking at the world. LordKrishna never advised Arjuna to run away. He told Arjuna to fight alwaysthinking about Him, surrendering all the actions and fruits to Him and seeHim in every thing and being.Thank you!humble regards-mManoj Panda

-------

Your observation is for real. This is exactly what happens during start ups. This shows that you are indeed sincere in reading Gitaji. May I now suggest that you not only read but also contemplate (and contemplate deep) on the subject. Please carefully read verse 47 in Chapter 2. Also relate this to verse 7 in chapter 8. Our Lord has ordered that we have to do our duty most efficiently but should not get attached to that activity in terms of results. Additionally, at all times we should remember HIM.

I distinctly remember one case which had disturbed me and on which I was lucky to have sought clarity from Swamiji Maharaj. In the interest of business we had to thin down the man power. This lead to a lot of misery to the families of the staff who were eased out. And this pained me a lot. So I asked Maharaj ji as to what I should do. He told me in no unclear terms that I should work like a muneem. The business actually belongs to god. He has given me the opportunity to look after the same to the best of my capability and ensure that the business runs profitably. It is only then will I be appreciated by HIM. The mistake we make is that we start thinking that the business in ours, but at the same time start applying the half understood (or rather misunderstood) interpretation of Gitaji. This is where there is a desperate need for guidance from GURU.

I recollect another experience from another sadhak. He explained that he has started feeling that he is not the body. But when ever he would have this feeling, his inner voice would say if you are not the body, please put it on a railway track. He then asked his Guruji as to what he should do. The answer he got was that if he is not the body who has given him the right to put it on the railway track. Will he put any body else's body on the track.

I sincerely hope that these thoughts will give you some lead.

A. H. Dalmia

-

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

Pirya Sadhak, achhe prasana ke liye dhanyavad!

Congratulations for practicing Gita prionciples in life.

Based on Swamiji Maharaj's teachings, humbly submit the following comments:

For the sincere seekers while studying Gitaji coming up of vairagya is very natural. Vairagya by nature is dry, generally, it is without prema and may seem a bit harsh even though not intended to be as such. But for the seekers of Jnana path, it is a must to have vairagya from the worldly things and the worldly relationships.

Vairagya is bothersome only when we leave the relationships out of the feeling of davesha but instead when we develop the vairagya with the understanding that all the visible universe is constantly changing and the events, things & situations are only of temporary nature. As we observe our own experience, the separation with the world is a must, whether it leaves us or we leave it. Developing vairagya in this fashion is much easier to deal with.

For common folks like us, Swamiji Maharaj recommends the path of Bhakti, it is relatively easier since the requirement of vairagya is not a prerequisite. Loving relationship with God is the only requirement. A bhakta believes that everything and everyone belongs to God only and devotee serves the world as God's one grand family (Vasudev Kutumbkam) with a loving attitude. With this mind set, everything is changed, the devotee dedicates all actions to God. This also provides a natural outlet to express our true inherent nature to love all. No new actions need to be done, whatever we normally do, now are done with a loving attitude as an adoration to the Almighty.

In Gitaji, different paths have been prescribed for the single goal of achieving union with the Supreme. One has to find out which of four Yogas (Jnana, Karma, Bhakti or Rajya) is most suitable for one to start with. In the end, of course there is no difference, all paths help the seekers to achieve the same goal. The choice of which Yoga to pursue first is based on our inherent tendencies, for example, for a person with devotional tendencies, choice of pursuing Jnana yoga may not prove to be natural.

This subject is covered extensively in Gitaji, few references are:

Gita (4-24) -"Brahma arpanam brahma havir, brahmagnau brahmana hutam

brahamai eva tena gantavyam, brahmakrmasamadhina"

Meaning - The act of offering in sacrifice is Brahma, the oblation is Brahma,

the sacrificer himself is Brahma, the sacrificial fire as well is

Brahma; Brahma verily he attains who realizes the presence of

Brahma in action.

Gita (9-27) -"Yat karishi yad asnasi, yay juhosi dadasi yat

yat tapasyasi Kaunteya, tat kurusva madarpapnam"

Meaning - O son of Kunti whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you

offer as oblation to the sacred fire, whatever you bestow as a

gift; whatever you do by way of penance, offer all to me.

Gita (18-46) "Yatah pravrttir bhatanam, yena sarvam idam tatam

svakarmana tam abhyarcya, siddhim vindati manavah"

Meaning - He from Whom all beings emanate and by Whom all this

pervaded, by worshipping Him through performance of his own

duty, man attains perfection.

NOTE: The detailed explanation on this subject is contained in

"Yoga Vasishta" when Sri Rama develops a vairagya from the world.

Ram Ram

Humble pranam

A sadhak

Madan Kaura

-----------------

Dear Sundeep,

It's an initial phase. Don't be scared. Others around you, who are not following the Gita, will also make you worried about such a possibility. I would say that you should ignore them and not discuss much with them.

Be with the phase. It will give some meaningful insights. There will be some initial 'harm', or rather 'loss', till you become detached-without-being-worried. Then you will reach the next plane where whatever you do will be with greater purpose and meaning, or, at least, greater clarity.

It may even take more than a year.

The worry about losing a zest for life is natural but incorrect. And, anyway, all your old friends are there to pull you back in a pre-Gita mode of life whenever you want it :-)

Ram Ram

Vinay Somani

-------

Dear Sundeep,

Love and Love alone....

You are Sun-deep. Why are you, then, worried about the light and the heat?

Let me try to explain in my own humble way. Fire burns, sugar tastes and sweet, hurt pains, etc. etc. Like wise, Srimad Bhagavad Gita (SBG) teaches those qualities, by inculcating and imbibing which we get back to our original nature of a human being. Undoubtedly, these qualities are our original traits, but we forgot, having allowed ourselves to be allured by this glittering world. These qualities are, Vairaya, Tyaga, Unconditional Love, Complete Surrender, Nishkama Karma, etc., to quote and SBG is the repository of teachings to acquire them in this life itself. You, having started the journey, got scared like Arjuna. My dear Sundeep, drive deep in Sun ( i.e., in your Sadhana) and I am sure, all these will not trouble you anymore.

Love and Love alone....

P. Gopi Krishna

-----------

Dear Sadhaka, Namaste You may want to re-read answer given by Bharathiji, it is very appropriate. If you are feeling fully satisfied and peaceful within yourself so you need not depend on objects of the world to fulfil yourself, then it is the best thing that can happen to anyone. If you are afraid of losing interest in objects, then the message of Gita has probably not sunk in as yet. Dettachment is objectivity, love and as a result, the right perspective toward objects! It is Freedom!

Pratap Bhatt

-----------

The speaker (teacher) ,the listener (disciple) and the context has changed completely.Geeta is all about the war between the two different mindsets,one leading to happiness,joy and peace in life and other mindset leading to unhappiness ,chaos and sorrow in life.The true understanding of Geeta prepares a man to engage continuosly in this internal war.One has to perform the materialistc duties and remain alert of the mindset.

regards

A K Jain

-------

Dear colleagues, I have scanned through your writings and the most important point on losing interest on worldly matters and material things. Before realisation all these mundane things were our ultimate What was originally meant for selfish end takes a plunge and it dies. The person who had been toiling to earn them now realises he is only a trustee of the wealth he has been blessed by the Lord and it has to be put to the upliftment of the down trodden. Hence the very same person works harder to acquire more of wealth so that it is put to use of less fortunate. The attitude changes, The interest and work remains. The purpose and meaning of wealth changes. The selfish man dies and the spiritual man rises from the ashes like the mystical Phoenix.bird. As per Sri Ramakrishna, the most spiritually evolved person is the one who is dead even when living. This means all the base qualities go to the grave and spiritual values take birth. Is there anything better ? Regards, Sridharan

---

Dear Devine,

Sukh ( happiness, bliss) is eternal demand of soul and is eternal nature of living beings. Whatever we do is for this sukh only. Till now, you were considering material (wordly) happiness as only happiness , passion. For enjoying that you need trinity : 1st you have desire (kamna) , then do some work for achiving it (karma) and then fortunate enough to realize the desire (prarabdh). Then only you get that - so called "happiness" which have 3 shortcomings: that happiness will not remain forever, either enjoyer or enjoyed will cease to exist and that temporary happiness will take you away from your real happiness - self bliss (by giving wrong sanskar)......

So, be assured that you are on right path.. The real bliss (self bliss, atma-sukh) can only be experienced once these desires for outer wordly sukh will cease. That anand, atma sukh will be vilakshan , that bliss will be exclusive in nature , it will be ever increasing , peaceful , constant bliss.....

You must be already experiencing it and that drives you to continue to take shelter of Shreemad Bhagwat GITAji. You can continue on this path and in my personal opinion, try to listen to satsang from a Saint about GITAji , who has realized the knowledge of GITAji. Sadhak Sanjeeni by Swami RamSukhdasji can definitely help you .......

Shree Hari sharanam .......

-Anil Maini

---

Hello all, this is my humble opinion. Regarding the experience of Geeta, many people think that if we get into spirituality..we may lose interest in life etc etc..but my opinion is, once u start reading and practising Geeta, you will become more aware of everythinga nd u will start enjoying the life to the fullest since you will not worry much about the fruits of ur actions (in a way, you do not expect anything but instead take everything in your stride.).

But again, some of the verses in geeta or any other veda or upanishad, we need to understand the subtle meanings properly otherwise, if we interpret the meaning other than what it is, then it will cause different feeling in oneself.

For example: people think that leaving all the life and renouncing the family and everything is renounciation. but if u observe closely the verses of Geeta, its mental renounciation that it mentions about and not at the physical level. Once way, its ok that u lost interest in car etc etc and now that means u know that the actual happiness does not lie in there. but again, its ok to enjoy each and everything too but at the mental level, youa re seeing the object/objects as they really are.

Also, please do not stress or force yourself that you need to become spiritual etc etc..just do it as the love towards God or towards human beings or towards Spirituality and then, you will not worry much about what will happen if u lose interest in life etc etc. because you love to do whatever you are doing (either spirituality or anything..) so, why do u worry about anything what will happen in future at all. Have a nice evening.

Bharathi

-

My view is very diff from most people. This is how I believe the Geeta state freedom from obsession about the result should be: You will enjoy driving your car more (not less) as you have no stress, tension, worry, etc. However when you do not have a car, you will be detached enough that you will not get frustrated, angry, or sad. You may be uncomfortable without the AC when you go by taxi, but you will not be complaining or be pissed off. Instead you may notice something else that will give you joy (maybe you will have a conversation with the taxi driver, maybe you will instead call your friend on your cell and forget the heat...)

I know that most people will not share this view. People shun material things, but material things are also made by God! Why is that Gita-followers think they should admire a flower and have in your house, but not admire beautiful Italian marble? Everything is made by God.

regards

Siddharth

---------------------------

It is simply great that you hav esarted losing interest in things which keep you attached to worldly pleasures, which are ephemeral. Many have been trying for years, but not able to leave the atachment. You are on the right path and keep practicing without worrying for the results . As you progress further with your pursuits for achieving Higher Values of Life, everything will become clear. Vaidyanathan-------------------------Over the last year, I went through the same thing - I had a loss of zest for life, because I felt that there was no point to anything. That life was all predetermined, that we had little control and that we should exercise faith constantly and battle what ever is given to us. I also felt that I couldn't relate to people, not that I was above them, but rather that I didn't know what to say to anyone. All of this is a passing phase. You have to get through it to get past it and know there is an amazing beauty through the process and past the process. First, your cognizant you are going through it and next put your faith in god and know that you will move forward on to the next state that is meant for you. But, as often as you can do Namsmaran, the rest will fall into place. This whole process acted as a natural filter for me for what was core and essential to my life and what wasn't. Where I should NOT spend my time on a daily basis (not worrying) and where I should concentrate my efforts (helping others, gratitude, prayer). But again, go through it, know you are being led by the divine one himself, have full faith and make observations mentally or written down (whatever works). You will come to see so much in SO little time.Hemal-------------------------Is interest in worldly possessions is being subdued forcibly or naturally weakening because of understanding the non necessity of them for life? Does worldly pleasures and acquisitions lead to life or lead one away from life? Is not the mind that is indulged in possession and accumulation of wealth so self centered that it is totally insensitive to everything, from the environment, to fellow beings, to the existence it self? Is not such self-centered isolation, death itself? Unfortunately in our commercial culture, life is measured by the money one has earned, but those who have seen the real nature of life, who have experienced the life as it is, know the beauty and joy of it, and know that there is nothing in the world, the possession of which is in any way necessary for the endless joy. The acquiring mind can never understand the beauty of natural and spontaneous renunciation which fills the life with the infinite joy and peace. Forced renunciation can be very dangerous, instead understanding the reasons why one is renouncing and understanding the mind obsessed with possessiveness and acquisition is very helpful. It comes with satsanga. Forced renunciation in order to achieve some hypothetical end, whether it is God or Moksha or liberation is not renunciation at all, but a bargain. It is also to be seen whether the ephermality of life has been seen or it is just a concept? If it has been observed, all the colours of it, all the pain and joy of it, then it is no longer idea, it will be reality and there will not be any question, there is no choice at all. However, if it is just an idea, unexamined and accepted from scriptures without understanding as it is, then it is still an idea, and subsequent problems. Yogesh Katare-

OK i have not started reading the Gita yet but i notice that since i started pranayam (breathing) and trying to do yoga and reading sadhaka e-mails, I noticed the same thing and i think that it is a good thing and a bad thing ..because i noticed that when I'm around my friends that i really don't want to talk about what they talk about ( sports ,tv ,,, shows and girls ) It is like all this stuff is crazy ....our mind is always chasing afer something, ..... so I'll just say you started it now it is time that you finish it and don't be scared to fall out of the sky .....DeChef >>>>>>>Parker>>>>>>

-----------------------------

nice pl note gita is for duty,activity and promote svadharma and get it into devotion that your period of life would be used for action without attachment to it much.

Prabhakar C L

-------------------------------

Jai SHri Krishna Its really nice to know that your reactions like anger have mellowed down, by practicing the teachings of Shrimad Bhagwad Gita. Please understand that following these teachings can NEVER harm you. It will for sure help you to achieve the ultimate goal of human life. ANd prorably quite quickly in your case. About your confusion and losing int. in various objects, pl. try to analyse your self how this has happened. Answer is there itself. May be you have misinterpreted some thing.

Krishna.lovesus

-----------------------------

Beautiful discussion, because these are real experiences.

I too went through the same phase. In fact I was worried what is becoming of me. I used to complain that there is too much focus on vairagya in our scriptures.

But over time, I have become more effective and enthusiastic and able to enjoy the moment a little better, because the mind is not preoccupied with thoughts and worries. I think doing meditation (or asan,pranayam + meditation) in parallel is usefull because sometimes these give you experiences of peace which now motivate you to work for these higher experiences.

Also, if I feel I had too much of dose, I do go out and be a little "worldly" for sometime and that is OK too.

Wish you all the best.Suhas Kulhalli

Jai Shree Krishna Sundeep:

It's good that you are losing interest in the worldly objects. These do not bring you eternal happiness. Pay attention to the experience of your internal joy as your anger and worldly desires decrease and you will discover the true joy of human existence.

With Love Peace

Tara

In the Service of Humanity and Guruji

---

BY PRACTISING GITA, PEOPLE BECAME ENVIOUS OF ME; SOME ALSO CAUSED CERTAIN LOSSES, AND PLACED BARRIERS IN MY GROWTH. YET I AM FOLLOWING GITA

REGARDS

N.PANDA

-------

Namaskar all,

In the Bhagavad Gita the essence (nectar) of the Vedical knowledge is written down in condensed verses (Sanskrit sutras). Many intelligent and famous persons judged this sophisticated book of the Hindu civilization on planet earth (solar system) as an excellent and brilliant product of the human mind.

Many years ago while I was suffering (sick, mental pains, loneliness, depressions, suicidal ...) and during a dark period when everybody had already forgotten me, a sannyasi visited my lonely and dirty home and brought the Bhagavad Gita for me. I did not know anything about Hinduism during that time. Nowadays, at this finite moment, I can say truly that the GITA is my holy savior and my Golden Cow, which gave me the nectar of Eternal Knowledge and youthness. My whole mind has been regenerated by the GITA, which gave me new life and happiness. That's why I decided to challenge all intelligent (humanoid) lifeforms on earth with this international contest on the Bhagavad Gita. For me, as a mortal and limited lifeform, this historical work of the Hindus on earth contains only truth and I am not able to prove that even a single sutra is not true.

My statement is:

The whole Bhagavad Gita is true (boolean value=1).........

(msg. shortened due to length)

Dewanand of the Netherlands

---------------------Shree HariRam Ram(IN ENGLISH)Shri Gitaji has been in existence of at least last 5,000 years, butthis life transformed simply from the meaning of Gita Shloka 18:66,as explained by Shraddhey Swami Ramsukhdasji, in very simplelanguage. The difficulty was that how to surrender to (to takerefuge in) Bhagavaanji ? Swamiji simply gave this mantra "Brother,there is nothing to do in surrendering. That which you understandto be yours, simply do not consider it to be yours, then you havetaken refuge in Bhagavaan, because everything is alreadyBhagavaan's. We in the midst somewhere, out of misunderstanding,consider and hold on to it as ours, is a mistake that needs to becorrected / wiped out. This itself is surrendering to Bhagavaan.Isn't it correct? When there is distress, then simply by listeningto this, everything will become all right. There is nothing beforeor after it, in the understanding of Gitaji. Swamiji had said -"When you target one, all stand achieved." Thus it has beenattained. Just as it happened and took place, exactly the same hasbeen shared.Ram RamSarvottam(IN HINDI)Shri Gitaji toh pichale paanch hajjaar varshonse hai, kintu yehjeevan badal gayaa maatre Gita Shloka 18:66 ke arth Shraddhey SwamiRamsukhdasji ki saral bhaashaa mein samajhne se. Katheenaayi thi kiBhagavaanji ko samarpan kaise kare ? Swamiji ne bas itnaa mantradiyaa "Bhaiyye, samarpan kuch karanaa nahin hai. Bas jisse apnaasamjhate ho, usse apanaa mat samjho, toh ho gaye Bhagavaanji kosamarpeet, kyaunki sab hai hi Bhagavaan kaa hi. Hum beechmein ussejo samajh baithe us galtee ko mitaanaa hai. Yahin Bhagavaan kosamarpan karanaa hai. Theek hai na?" Jab kuch vikal hotaa hai, tohisseeko sun lete hi sab theek ho jaataa hai. Iske naa aage nepeeche, Shri Gitajeeka samajhnaa hua. Swamiji ne kahaa, "Ek saadhe,sab sadhe" so sadh liyaa. Jo jaisaa hua, waisaa hi bataa diyaa.hai.Ram RamSarvottamDear FriendsThree years back somebody offered me Yatharth Gita by Adgadanandji.Icompleted first reading of Gita in 4 days and since then haveread/listened to many times ,alone and in group.I left job in January and work as consultant/advisor to personsspiritualy inclined and willing to spread the teachings of Gita.The most important slokas of Gitaji which had impact on me are13/22, 5/14, 4/7 & 8, 5/14, 16/21 and 18/61,62 & 73.It is important to spread Dharma to fellow being to penetrate theveil of illusion (maya).The only objective of writing this mail is to assure friends thatreading Gita continuously has immense benefit, beyond words.regardsA K JAIN-----------------------------Dear SadhaksI was given Gitaji (ISKON) having never heard of it before, I was 26years old. I knew it was good so I put it on my bookself for 7 yearsunopened when my children came along. I decided to read it to themand I have since not put it down. I read 1 shloka in sanskrit a day.It has changed me, now I tell my teenage children to read it, theybut they don't listen. Educated by in the west I now consider myself a recovering Hindu and have concluded any person of Hindudescent who speaks mainly in English and claims no belief in Bhagwanare "infected" and need help just like meJayesh A PatelJai Shree KrishnaRam Ram------------------------------It's really nice to hear of someone saying that we are alldescendants of the Almighty. If only everyone in the world willbelieve this, there will be no racism/ casteism / religiousintolerance, fighting / killing between different religions/faithsetc.But, I guess, those who realise this feeeling/fact will always bethe ones who are open to ideas, and not the radicals, with fixednotions about 'A' God, with minimum broad-mindedness.Kalidasan"Kalidas Vaidyanathan"------------------------------I am an engineer and management specialist for livilihood. In Nov1999 at Hyderabad in the hotel, I found a book Yatharth Gita writtenby Swami Adgadnand ji on the side table of my bed. On that day, Ifelt my body becoming very light and vibrating and calm. This wasfirst experience. My grand father (nana ji) was a sanskrit scholorand he studied Bhagwat Gita written by Gandhi, and knew Gandhipersonally. In my family, it was considered highest duty towards alldied family members if children grow up and study Bhagwat as wellas RamChart Manas. He did not force me to study it, and said that atproper time, you will catch fire of the Bhagwat Gita. He thought methat Bhagwat Gita is the fire and humans are wood, and it is notchoice of the wood, but that of the fire.I was compulsive practitioner of mathematics as all managers do, andthat limited me in undertanding non mathematical or selflessbehaviour. I was then thinking that I earn somehow and if I studyBhagwat Gita, I may be less clever and go begging. But Bhagwat Gitaturned out to be a book of management. Mathematics is foraccountants and not leaders. It said that one should worship Him bywork, and do it best way; not like what other pundits recommend.Krishna 's teaching is phlosophy of life and beyond, On the side ofworld, it then turned out that business improved without effort andrelatonship with others improved. More I concentrated on work andpurity of its quality, more calm, it was and more energy in my life.First sloka was from Chapter 13Updrishta numanta ..................Which I have referered in Gita Talk countless time.Now I study the real world with the thoery of Bhagwat Gita. I workeffortlessly, and defenselessly, and yet have all prosperity, andrelationship and love from all.But in the end, I always remember myself, who was a cruel and hardtask master and busy in planning. And I want every one of us,especally managers to learn Bhagwat Gita or more correctly said thatBhagwat Gita should read/burn them in Her fire. I now want every oneto know the Bhagwat Gita just as it occured to me. I cannot seepeople who are ignorant of the concept of the Bhagwat Gita, but feelhandicap in helping all of them.Best regardsK G(Krishna Gopal)--------------------------------Dear Sadaks,Like Komal there are numerous people experiencing this. People whodoes not happen to experiencre this will not believe.For me: I want to buy some thing I do not get. Little later Irealize better I did not buy it. I was been disturbed by my brotherto leave the house where we were all staying together. I told Mywife that GOD is taking care just ignore my brothers words, andnever even think of it. I got a palacial house, left my job and didbusiness - money flowed, children got married and settled. I wasthinking that I should retire from activity at 50 - that happened.Some one talking to me about Badrinath - tears came, next monthitself a pilgrimage took place of Badrinath, Mathura, Kasi, Puri etcwhere in each temple Dharshan was special, though I knew No one butGOD, saints blessed me. I thought I should sit in solitude and shedtears on GOD - a house on hill top amidst nature came. Whole familysticks to Ekadasi Vratham, kindness, pooja and listening scripts andpuranas from my library. Just a month back my family and me were togo to Guruvayur (South Dwaraka) krishna temple, few hours before thetrip my daughter developed severe back pain, doctor said tumour onspine - HB 8.2 count low, 3 times tested the result was same - riskof life. I alone traveled to Sri Krishna temple, even thoughdoctors abused me. On returning, daughter's - HB was 10.9, tumorreduced, minor operation done, my daughter recovered shortly.I know my family is maya and Sri Krishna is Sat. I simply keep HIMalone in my heart. I know that my family members are perishable .But Bagavan has been with me through out my many lifetimes (jalmas).B.Sathyanarayan-------------------------------Jai Shree Krishna, I just wanted to share my experience with all themembers of this group. I am a student of Biotechnology and for me itwas a totally a new subject in the 1st yr {of my college}. I readGITAJI daily with my FATHER and MOTHER and also used to during myexaminations. During that period of my life, I slowly came to knowhow to talk to GOD that is how to listen and reply to your innervoice just because of GITAJI. I had my Biotech practical exam andthat day I was a bit nervous. I thought that GOD please give methose experiments to perform which I know best, I was gettingnervous. I was handed my question paper and I got two of theexperiments which I had never done, I just knew the theory. I wasabout to get more nervous then suddenly a voice came from inside ofme "WHY DO U WORRY WHEN I'M WITH YOU". I thought what was this andthen this sentence was repeated again and in addition "I'm with youdont worry I'll help you in perform this experiment" I just couldn'tbelieve that there really was GOD helping me because it was my 1stexperience rather I should say the 1st time that I learned torecognize GOD's voice. I don't care whether any one believes or notbut during the whole experiment i.e 5 hrs I was guided by someoneand that is GOD, literally as if somebody is standing beside mehelping me at every step. I was even complemented by my teachersfor performing the experiment well. I just want to say that GITAJIis not just a book its a living experience, a realization. Its thelife and essentiality for the Soul. It takes us closer to therecognition that "yes" we are the descendants of the ALMIGHTY. Thiswas my experience any comments are welcome.AT THY LOTUS FEETKomal Gurdasani====================================GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -FOR QUESTIONER1. The questions as far as possible must be relevant to Gita, relevant toDharma, relavant to other scriptures and relevant to motivate Sadhaks to take upspiritual path2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study3. Only one question at a time.4. Question must be brief, to the point and relevant to the group's primary aimof deeper understanding of Gita.GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES for RESPONDER: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the extent that theyfurther help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, respecting sadhaka's time.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person7. All responses may not be posted and moderator at his discretion, may modifythe posting.8. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limitthe use to Sanskrit words and provide English word bracketed.MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -