IndiaDivine.org

What is the meaning of Chintan ? Where refered in Gita ji ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Shree Hari Ram Ram Sadhaks, ONLY ONE MESSAGE WILL BE POSTED ON THIS TOPIC - on Jan 14, 2010. Sadhak, please respond specifically in terms of Gitaji. Desaiji, google / web / wikipedia search can provide you with lot of general information on this question. PLEASE BE BRIEF, RESPECTFUL AND RELAVANT. Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram ========================================================= What is the meaning of Chintan (thinking, reflecting, meditating.......). If I am to do Chintan how it should be done. What should be the matter of Chintan? I am really confused.

Please explain practically how it could done.Where all in the Gita is "Chintan" addressed? and what does Bhagwaan (Lord Krishna) say about it?(moderators addition)s.h. desai

===========================================GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE - FOR QUESTIONER1. The questions as far as possible must be relevant to Gita, relevant toDharma, relavant to other scriptures and relevant to motivate Sadhaks to take upspiritual path2. The Questioner must commit to feedback at end of dicussion to bring closure and commit to daily Gita study3. Only one question at a time.4. Question must be brief, to the point and relevant to the group's primary aimof deeper understanding of Gita.GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES for RESPONDER: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.3. RESPECT all Sadhaks. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the extent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be BRIEF, RELEVANT (stay with the subject being discussed only)

5. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person6. All responses may not be posted.

7. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limitthe use to Sanskrit words and provide English word bracketed.GITA TALK MODERATORSRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

Shree Hari Ram Ram Sadhaks, ONLY ONE MESSAGE WILL BE POSTED ON THIS TOPIC - on Jan 14, 2010. Sadhak, please respond specifically in terms of Gitaji. Desaiji, google / web / wikipedia search can provide you with lot of general information on this question. PLEASE BE BRIEF, RESPECTFUL AND RELAVANT. Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram ========================================================= What is the meaning of Chintan (thinking, reflecting, meditating.......). If I am to do Chintan how it should be done. What should be the matter of Chintan? I am really confused.

Please explain practically how it could done.Where all in the Gita is "Chintan" addressed? and what does Bhagwaan (Lord Krishna) say about it?(moderators addition)s.h. desai

===========================================

NEW POSTING

Dear Sadhakas,Hare Krishna. This is in reference to the meaning of chintan and its mention in Gitaji. I would like to mention here a couple of slokas from Bhagavad Gita where there is a mention of the word Chintan. Chintan means thinking. Lord Krishna says in Gitaji,"Ananya CHINTAYantoma,Ye janah paryupasate,Tesham nityabhiyuktanam,Yoga kshemam vahamyaham. "( Gitaji 9,22)Which means,'Those who worship Me with exclusive devotion , without thinking or worrying about anything else, I take care of their welfare all the time. I give them what they do not have and I preserve what they have. 'The word Chinta, in Telugu Language( which is spoken in Andhra Pradesh, India), means thinking and it also means worry. In the above Slokam, Lord Krishna clearly says not to think or worry about anything else and worship Him and surrender unto Him. There is also a mention of CHINTAN in another slokam in Gitaji. In sixteenth chapter Lord Krishna says about divine and demoniac traits. "CHINTAM aparimeyam ca,Pralayantam upasritah,Kamopabhoga parama,Etavad iti nischitah,Asapasatair baddhah,Kama krodhah parayanah,Ihante kama bhogartham,Anyayenartha sanchayan. "( Gitaji 16, 11 and 12)Which means,'Those with demoniac traits tend to believe that sense gratification is the primary aim of human civilization. Their worry ( Chintan ) is enormous. They are bound by plenty of desires and are full of lust and anger. They secure money by illegal means. 'Our only thinking must be about the Lord and nothing else. This is the message of our Holy Scripture , Gitaji. Let us engage ourselves in devotional service and advance spiritually. Thank You. Hare Krishna. Prasad.A.Iragavarapu, M.D

-----------

Dear Sadaks,If thinking be always positive, always for the welfare of all, always on divinity---in spite of hurdles and abuses, without least expecting the outcome praises or abuses even at mind level- HE is called Gunatheethan Bagavan says. Then meditation automatically happens and Bagavan dwells in such a heart. Numerous example can be said, but to be concise.B.Sathyanarayan

Priy Sadhak

Achet chinmatra me jab sfuran hota hai tab chaitanyo unmukh hota hai aur dwait bhav ko prapt kar chintan karta hai.

raja gurdasani

-

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE - FOR QUESTIONER1. The questions as far as possible must be relevant to Gita, relevant toDharma, relavant to other scriptures and relevant to motivate Sadhaks to take upspiritual path2. The Questioner must commit to feedback at end of dicussion to bring closure and commit to daily Gita study3. Only one question at a time.4. Question must be brief, to the point and relevant to the group's primary aimof deeper understanding of Gita.GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES for RESPONDER: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.3. RESPECT all Sadhaks. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the extent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be BRIEF, RELEVANT (stay with the subject being discussed only)

5. Do not include links to the other sites; personal information (Ph #, addressetc) or personalize message to particular person6. All responses may not be posted.

7. Please keep in mind novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. Limitthe use to Sanskrit words and provide English word bracketed.GITA TALK MODERATORSRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -