IndiaDivine.org

Please Share Equivalent lines in Christianity and Islam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

A PRAYER - However We Are, We Are Only Yours

What are the equivalent lines in Christianity and Islam.Can anyone help,Please?Mohan K Muju

------------------------

|| Shree Hari ||Ram Ram

6th February 2010, Saturday, Maagh Krishna Ashthami, Vikram Samvat 2066, Sri Krishna Samvaat 5235

Oh Lord! You please bless us with Your complete and perfect devotion and make our minds free of all faults and worldly desires. Oh my very own God! this work will have to be done by You alone. Leaving You where else can we go? Who can be tell? Who will listen? Who will believe? You have said that we are your very own. Being a part of You, a ray of Your consciousness, we still experience sorrow? But Your powers are infinite, endless, without bounds - in this there is no doubt. But we are experiencing pain, inspite of these powers? Who else is there besides You?

"Sansaar saathi sab swaarth ke hai, pakke virodhi Parmaarth ke hai | Degaa ne dukh mein koyi sahaaraa, sun tu kisi ki mat baat pyaaraa ||"

This world and all relations are only based on selfishness, they are all enemies of the Lord. In times of suffering, no one will come to support you. Therefore do not listen to anyone Oh' dear one.

Therefore Oh My very own Beloved One! My Inner Guide! My Master ! For You, it is a child's play. With Your little grace, my work will be completed. Being a part of You, and being totally dependent on You, my Master, if we call on anyone else, that would be a shame. For You this is no major task. It is a very small and miniscule thing. For You this is a very ordinary task, but for us, all our troubles will be over. The way we should be, we are not like that, and that is true, we accept it. But however we are, we are only Yours. We cannot be anyone elses at all. Now bless us in such a way the we attain your abounding and intense devotion. We become entirely dependent on you alone. We take refuge only of Your Lotus Feet. You will not incur any losses by this, but we will gain immensely. We cannot make this happen by our own strength. You can see that we are not deserving, but with Your strength, You will make even us deserving. It is with Your strength that human beings becomes able. It is only with Your infinite strength, that all work is getting done. Therefore, you figure it out, let Your work figure this out. We have told you our story. Now, whatever You wish, You do. It is up to You. Whatever makes You happy, that You do. We have no insistence in this matter. We do not understand any of this, O' great King! Our intellect is unable to comprehend such matters. We do not see a free will in this matter. If You are able to see so, than do accordingly.

"Aap kripa ko aasaro, Aap kripa ko jor; Aap binaa dikhe nahin, teen lok mein Aur."

We are only dependent on your grace, on the grace of your powers. Besides You there is no one that we see in the three worlds."

We are totally incapable. Those that are incapable are the ones that have a right to Your grace. But those that are capable, why would they desire Your grace? They will do their own work. But we are unable to do so. Therefore You shower Your grace on us and bless us with exclusive and perfect devotion. On attaining this complete devotion, we will have succeeded and will become contented. On receiving the refuge of Your Lotus Feet and Your perfect devotion, thereafter asking for anything else will be unnecessary. Even asking to "Make us free of desire laden faults", will be unnecessary. It comes to our mind, that we must not say anything to You. You already know everything. There is nothing that you don't already know. We are entirely known to You. You know exactly how we are. However we are, we are only yours.

From "Parampita se Praarthnaa" in Hindi pg 3-5 by Swami Ramsukhdasji.

Ram Ram

For ENGLISH WEBSITE please visit: http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.net

A PRAYER - However We Are, We Are Only Yours

What are the equivalent lines in Christianity and Islam.Can anyone help,Please?Mohan K Muju

------------------------

NEW POSTING

Equivalent lines in Christianity and Islam …

Aap kripa ko aasaro, Aap kripa ko jor |

Aap binaa dikhe nahin, teen lok mein Aur ||

What a wonderful quote! What a wonderful appeal!! What a wonderful revelation!!!

Yes indeed …

We exist thanks to Your grace and we live thanks to Your grace !

The very existence as well as the life that fills is verily Your grace !!

Nothing except You is in the horizon in all the three worlds - be it of actions, or of thoughts, or of experiences, or of any others !!!

How can there be anything other than You anywhere as such???!!!

You ask, "What are the equivalent lines in Christianity and Islam?"

The revelation is omniscient in itself … how can anything be an equivalent to That apart from Itself ?!

The revelation is all-pervasive in itself … how can anything be not an equivalent to That when THAT IS EVERYTHING ??!!

The revelation is unique in itself being all-inclusive to the presence while remaining all-exclusive to any comparison … how to compare when there is no room for the second and how can there exist a notion of equivalence when there is no room for comparison???!!!

In other words, any utterance is equivalent to this verse if we see what it sees with the same appeal, wonder and revelation … else, any beautiful march of vocabulary of prose and poetry can not be even close to this irrespective of the source from which the poetry could flow out … be the verse ... be the utterance ... no more comparison and equivalence would be necessary anymore ...

Respects.

Naga Narayana.

--------------------

This is Muslim prayers to Allaha

Prayer to Father God

Our father in Heaven.

May your name be sanctioned.

Your commandment stretches over.

Heaven and earth

May your compassion come upon earth.

As it is in harvest.

Forgive us our sin and wrong doings.

You the Lord of all good things.

Cause your mercy to descend upon me.

You're healing upon this sickness

And it will be healed.

(Reference in "The Power of Prayer to Heal and Transform your life" by Sherry Hansen Steiger in page 263)

( extract from 'Prayers of All Religions of the world 'wriiten by S S Bhatt )

Other religions have such Prayers .

Just like Hindu prayers there are Christian prayers too Here in one prayer in Christianity on this subject This is from my book on Prayers of all Religions of the world by Shankerprasad S Bhatt.

20. Praying Omniscient, Omnipresent God to help Mankind

Oh Lord of the Universe.

I will sing Thee a song.

Where canst Thou be found.

And where canst Thou not be found?

Where I pass-there art Thou.

Where I remain-there too Thou art.

Thou, Thou, and only Thou.

Doth it go well'its thanks to Thee.

Doth it go ill Ah 'tis also thanks to Thee.

Thou art. Thou hast been, and thou will be.

Thou didst reign. Thou reignest and Thou wilt reign.

Thine is Heaven. Thine is Earth.

Thou fillest the high regions.

And Thou fillest the low regions.

Wheresoever I turn, Thou, Oh Thou, art there.

Amen

(By Hasidic Song)

S S Bhatt

--------------------

|| Shree Hari ||Ram Ram

6th February 2010, Saturday, Maagh Krishna Ashthami, Vikram Samvat 2066, Sri Krishna Samvaat 5235

Oh Lord! You please bless us with Your complete and perfect devotion and make our minds free of all faults and worldly desires. Oh my very own God! this work will have to be done by You alone. Leaving You where else can we go? Who can be tell? Who will listen? Who will believe? You have said that we are your very own. Being a part of You, a ray of Your consciousness, we still experience sorrow? But Your powers are infinite, endless, without bounds - in this there is no doubt. But we are experiencing pain, inspite of these powers? Who else is there besides You?

"Sansaar saathi sab swaarth ke hai, pakke virodhi Parmaarth ke hai | Degaa ne dukh mein koyi sahaaraa, sun tu kisi ki mat baat pyaaraa ||"

This world and all relations are only based on selfishness, they are all enemies of the Lord. In times of suffering, no one will come to support you. Therefore do not listen to anyone Oh' dear one.

Therefore Oh My very own Beloved One! My Inner Guide! My Master ! For You, it is a child's play. With Your little grace, my work will be completed. Being a part of You, and being totally dependent on You, my Master, if we call on anyone else, that would be a shame. For You this is no major task. It is a very small and miniscule thing. For You this is a very ordinary task, but for us, all our troubles will be over. The way we should be, we are not like that, and that is true, we accept it. But however we are, we are only Yours. We cannot be anyone elses at all. Now bless us in such a way the we attain your abounding and intense devotion. We become entirely dependent on you alone. We take refuge only of Your Lotus Feet. You will not incur any losses by this, but we will gain immensely. We cannot make this happen by our own strength. You can see that we are not deserving, but with Your strength, You will make even us deserving. It is with Your strength that human beings becomes able. It is only with Your infinite strength, that all work is getting done. Therefore, you figure it out, let Your work figure this out. We have told you our story. Now, whatever You wish, You do. It is up to You. Whatever makes You happy, that You do. We have no insistence in this matter. We do not understand any of this, O' great King! Our intellect is unable to comprehend such matters. We do not see a free will in this matter. If You are able to see so, than do accordingly.

"Aap kripa ko aasaro, Aap kripa ko jor; Aap binaa dikhe nahin, teen lok mein Aur."

We are only dependent on your grace, on the grace of your powers. Besides You there is no one that we see in the three worlds."

We are totally incapable. Those that are incapable are the ones that have a right to Your grace. But those that are capable, why would they desire Your grace? They will do their own work. But we are unable to do so. Therefore You shower Your grace on us and bless us with exclusive and perfect devotion. On attaining this complete devotion, we will have succeeded and will become contented. On receiving the refuge of Your Lotus Feet and Your perfect devotion, thereafter asking for anything else will be unnecessary. Even asking to "Make us free of desire laden faults", will be unnecessary. It comes to our mind, that we must not say anything to You. You already know everything. There is nothing that you don't already know. We are entirely known to You. You know exactly how we are. However we are, we are only yours.

From "Parampita se Praarthnaa" in Hindi pg 3-5 by Swami Ramsukhdasji.

Ram Ram

For ENGLISH WEBSITE please visit: http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.net