IndiaDivine.org

EDITORIAL OF SRS 05/18 d/ 05/05/04

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

SrimatE Raamaanujaaya Namaha //SrimatE Nigamaanta Mahaa Desikaaya Namaha //SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya/SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya//KAvEri VardhathAm kAlE, kAlE varshathu vAsava: /SrI RanganAthO jayathu Sri Ranga Sri cha VardhathAm//=======================================================SRI RANGA SRI VOL.05 / ISSUE # 18 dated 5th May 2004================================================================EDITORIAL1. ADDITIONS OF MEMBERS TO THE "BOARD OF ADVISORY CONSULTANTS" (BAC)FOR "SRI RANGA SRI"2. ADDENDUM TO MY "REPORT ON MY VISIT TO INDIA"(contained in SRS Vol.05/17 dated 28th April 2004)================================================================IN THIS ISSUE:1. Addendum to "Important days in TaaraNa Chittirai (Mesha) month"detailed in SRS Vol. 05 /16 dated 27th April 2004.2. DESIKAMRUTAMSrimad Rahasya Traya Saram "The three Tenets - 2"Sri Sadagopan Iyengar, Srikaryam Swami of BAC of SRS(The previous Part "The Three Tenets -1" appeared inSRS Vol.05/13 d/02/05/04)==================================================EDITORIAL1. Additions of Members to the "Board of Advisory Consultants" (BAC)for "Sri Ranga Sri"===================================================================Dear Bhagavatas:I am glad to inform you that the following Scholars have consentedto adorn our Board of Advisory Consultants:* Sri V.N.Vedanta Desikan Swami, Chennai* Sri Ananthanarasimhachariar Swami, Bangalore, Srikaryam of HisHoliness, Srimad Andavan of Poundarikapuram Swami Asramam* Smt. Vishnu Priya Chari and Sri R.S.Chari, Pondicherry.You will remember my writing about this devout couple in an earlierIssue of "Sri Ranga Sri". Smt. Vishnupriya Chari has brought out thefamous Sri Lakshmi Narayana Hridayam, Sri Nrisimha Kavacham, SriVaraaha Kavacham etc through Lifco Accociates, 36 North Road, WestCIT Nagar, Chennai 600 035 (Phone:2489 1959).Sri R.S. Chari Swamin retired as a Senior IAS Officer fromGovernment. of Pondicherry. He is presently the Managing Trustee ofSri Lakshmi Saras Maruti Trust, "Sri Paduka Rajyam", 9 RamakrishnaNagar, Muthialpet, Pondicherry (Phone # 5501211) through which hehas brought out several rare Stotra booklets for FREE distributionlike-Mangalaya Vriddhi StotramSampadaa StotramSri Hayagriva ChintaamaNi StotramSri Hayagriva Panjara StotramSarva MangaLaashTakamJaya MangaLa StotramSri Lakshmi Hayagriva Mantra Maalika Stotram by Mahavidwan KasturiRangachariar Swami with the lucid translation and commentary by SriBaashya Simhasanam Sri V.S. Karunakaran Swami (Our BAC member)Sri Hayagriva Ratna Maala Stotram by the 33rd Pontiff of ParakalaMatam H.H Brahma Tantra Swatantra Sri Ranganatha Maha DesikaParakala Jeeyar with Tamil translation and commentary byMahamahOpaadhyaaya Abhinava NaagEsa PaiyambaaDi SetlurSrivatsankachariar Swami (French Indological Institute, Pondicherry)Sri Ranganatha Paduka Sahasra RatnangaL with Tamil Commentary ofH.H. Therazhundur AnDavan of Periyasramam.Theertha Mahima and Naama Mahima Stotra from 65th Adhyayam ofNrisimha PuraaNaSri Mrityunjaya Stotram (also from Nrisimha PuraaNa)Sri Nrisimha Stotram by Sri Sukra Bhagavaan (also from NrisimhaPuraaNa)Sri Hanumat Vimsati by Sri Lakshmi Kumara TatachariarTiruppavai rendered in English poetry by Sri R. SeshadriSri Krishna Charama Upadesam done by Lord Krishna to Uddavar (SrimadBhaagavatam 11th Skandam 28th Adhyayam)Sri Krishna Charama Slokam (Sri Bhagavad Gita 18th Adhyayam)GovardanaashTakam"RukmiNi LEkhanam" (Srimad Bhaagavatam Dasama Skandam)We are proud to make available to our readers in our forthcomingissues, these RARE STOTRAS that have been proved to confer immensebenefits on those who recite them with full faith and devotion===============================================================2. ADDENDUM TO MY REPORT ON MY VISIT TO INDIA(Contained in SRS Vol.05/17 dated 27th April 2004)-------------------------------I forgot to mention the meeting I had with another greatYathisreshta at Sri Rangam, namely H.H. Jeeyar of SriRanganathaswamy Kol (popularly known as the "Koil Jeeyar". Many ofyou will remember the article about his visit to Tirumalai that waswidely reported in the media.What is so special about his visit to Tirumalai?In over 1000 years, he was the first "Srirangam Koil Jeeyar" tovisit Tirumalai and the "Tirumalai Koil Jeeyar" where he offeredMangalaasaasanam to TiruvenkaTam uDaiyaan.Another Information:He is the Poorvaasrama father of Sri Narayana Bhattar, priest of thetemple at Cleveland, Ohio, who conducted "Sudarsana Homam" at myCleveland homeI called upon this Mahaan at his MaTam in North Uttara Street,Srirangam, paid my obeisance to him both before and after thefunctions. He was so pleased to know about the book release andblessed me with Mantraakshadai.-------------------------------OTHERS WHO ATTENDED THE FUNCTIONOther Bhagavatas who attended the function but were omitted to beincluded in my report in SRS Vol.05/17. (Sorry for the omission)=========================================================Sri Srinivasan Swami (Father of our Sri Shyam and Sri VenkatSrinivasan of NJSri Kripa Sarathi Swami of AtlantaSmt. Shanta Mami, who constructed the ManTapam at Thooppul DesikanSannidhiI will be grateful to be informed of any other attendees, whosenames, I might have inadvertently omitted in my earlier Report.DasohamAnbil Ramaswamy=============================================================xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=============================================================