IndiaDivine.org

Ahobilam Travel

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Respected group members,

Adiyen has planned for a visit with my relatives to Ahobilam during the weekend of Pongal. Would like to know how much time will we require to have sevai of all the nine Nrsimhaas. Let me know in case the following plan will work out considering the fact that my grandparents (aged 60-65 and have no problems in walking in hilly areas) will accompany us in the trip:

Day 0 - Night Start by Mumbai mail from Chennai

Day 1 - Mor. Reach Cuddapah Aftern. Reach Ahobilam and have sevai of Keezh Ahobilam (Typically Yogaananda and Chathravada)

Day 2 - Start early morning for Mael Ahobilam - Kaarncha, Ahobila, Varaaha, Jwala, Baavana and Malolan sevais.

Day 3 - Bhargava and Prahalada Varadan. Eve - Depart to Cuddapah Night - Catch Chennai Mail

Next day morn. Reach Chennai.

Specific questions:

1. How much is the distance between Cuddapah and Allagadda? Are there frequent bus services?

2. -do- Q#1, Allagadda - Ahobilam.

3. APSRTC informed that there is a direct bus to Allagadda from Chennai (Koyambedu - 10 Hr. Travel). Is this better to taking Bombay Mail?

4. How much will a shared Jeep from Allagadda to Ahobilam cost for a group of twelve members?

5. Will it be possible to have Bhargava Narasimhar's sevai also on Friday so that Bavana Narasimhar sannidhi can be covered on Sunday?

6. Does the above plan require any modification?

Since Adiyen has not been there before, sincerely requests our Learned members, who have had the bagyam of His Sevai to guide us in planning our trip better.

Hope this query will not trouble much. Thanks a lot in advance!!!!

dasan,

S.Aravind

Namaskaram:

Ahobilam is a beautiful place. I have been there several times. Weather plays an important role when you visit there. Rainy season is no good as the path to Jwala Narasimhan will be filled with bees. Pavana Narasimha also is very difficult to reach.

Any one can easily see four Narasimha Perumal as they are on street level approachable by car. Malola is a steep climb of about 400 steps. Jwala is more difficult even for youngsters in good health.

Commuting by car is the easiest way. From Cuddappa it takes about 3 to 4 hours. Malola guest house is very convenient. There is a young man named Sanjeeva who is an excellent guide to visit all the 9 temples. He is very good in taking care of elders. Having lived there he knows every secret of the terrain. One can find him hanging around at the guest house.

During good weather days, he arranges a tractor trailer to take people to Pavana Narasimha. The roads are very bumpy, hence it is advisable that only those who are in good health should venture into such mode of transport. He does not charge any specific fee, accepts any reasonable amount without much fuss. Very decent young man. His brother also helps him out when there is a bigger group.

Good luck. Azhagiyasingar has released a CD on the Nava Narasimha Kshetrams both with English and Tamil Commentaries.

Adiyen,

Mrs. Radha Parthasarathy

Pittsburgh.

PEACE :-)

The all-new My – What will yours do?

SRI RAM JAYAM

Dear Smt Parthasarathy,

It is ,indeed, very nice and kind of you

to share your rich experience of your vists the very

holy devasthanam.The guidance and direction given by

your goodself will be immensely helpful to all the

devotees specialy reference about the helpful guide

Chi Sanjeeva.

May LORD NRISIMHA bless you and yours all

happiness and prosperity.

Adiyen,

N Bhashyam

--- Parthasarathy <parthans wrote:

> Namaskaram:

>

> Ahobilam is a beautiful place. I have been there

> several times. Weather plays an important role when

> you visit there. Rainy season is no good as the path

> to Jwala Narasimhan will be filled with bees. Pavana

> Narasimha also is very difficult to reach.

>

> Any one can easily see four Narasimha Perumal as

> they are on street level approachable by car. Malola

> is a steep climb of about 400 steps. Jwala is more

> difficult even for youngsters in good health.

>

> Commuting by car is the easiest way. From Cuddappa

> it takes about 3 to 4 hours. Malola guest house is

> very convenient. There is a young man named Sanjeeva

> who is an excellent guide to visit all the 9

> temples. He is very good in taking care of elders.

> Having lived there he knows every secret of the

> terrain. One can find him hanging around at the

> guest house.

>

> During good weather days, he arranges a tractor

> trailer to take people to Pavana Narasimha. The

> roads are very bumpy, hence it is advisable that

> only those who are in good health should venture

> into such mode of transport. He does not charge any

> specific fee, accepts any reasonable amount without

> much fuss. Very decent young man. His brother also

> helps him out when there is a bigger group.

>

> Good luck. Azhagiyasingar has released a CD on the

> Nava Narasimha Kshetrams both with English and Tamil

> Commentaries.

>

> Adiyen,

> Mrs. Radha Parthasarathy

> Pittsburgh.

>

>

>

>

>

> PEACE :-)

>

>

>

>

>

>

> The all-new My – What will yours do?

Post your free ad now! http://personals..ca

• 1 month later...

Dear All:

Aneka koati namaskArams and thanks to all those who have helped us in planning and executing our trip. We have successfully completed our trip to Ahobilakshethram covering all nine Nrsimhas and Prahalatha padi in it. Lord Lakshmi Nrsimhaa's divine grace coupled with Asirvathams from Learned periyavaas of our groups have been a guiding factor throughout the trip. I wish to share our trip experiences and a couple of updates (travel info):

1. Aarlagadda is 85 kms from Kadapa (Buses are available, but not in plenty. For those who come by Bombay Mail -- There is a bus to Hyderabad at 7 AM sharp at Kadapa New Bus stand. Catch an auto @ Rs. 5 per head from R.Stn to New B.S - 10 minutes travel). The road from Kadapa to Aarlagadda is a National Highway and is very smooth like a carpet. One can travel in the 'last / kadaisee' seats of a bus without any problems. No jerks etc. 90 minutes travel. Rs. 38 per ticket.

2. Lower Ahobilam is 23 kms. from Aarlagadda. There are a bus for every one hour. We took the 8.45 AM bus (again 8.45 sharp). It was a 45 minutes travel to Lower / Base Ahobilam @ Rs. 8 per ticket. The Bus stop is right in front of the Prahalada Varadan Sannidhi. We have booked rooms in the Malola Guest house well in advance. Hence, stay was not a problem for us. The Manager Sri Badri was very kind in providing a decent accommodation. If we tell him in advance, he arranges for food at the nearby Pavana canteen. His help is really commendable. The tel # is 08519-252045 -- For those whop already have the no., kindly note the change in number. He arranges for guides to accompany us during our trip. Our guide Mohan was an excellent person and was very caring.

3. We started our trip on Pongal afternoon 11.30 AM to the hills. Badri had earlier informed that we have to visit Ugra Nrsimhar first. So we booked two jeeps (Rs. 100 per jeep per trip i.e Rs. 400 for two jeeps up and down -- We were 16 of us in the group). Upper Ahobilam is 8 kms by a very good Tar road. It took just 15 minutes for us to reach there. We had to climb some 50 steps to reach the temple. It was a very good sevai of Lord Sri Ahobila (Ugra Narasimha) and Senjulakshmi Thaayaar. Then we had a beautiful sevai of Kaarnja Nrsimha and Aanchaneya on the way back. Kaarnja Nrsimhar sannidhi is 1 km from U.Ahobilam (7 from the base). It is on the main road itself.

4. Badri organised for a trip in a maxi cab (15+1). We covered Bhargava, YogAnanda and Chatravata sannadhis in the evening. Road to Bhargava is streneous to a little extent. A walk in the jungle for 0.75 km and 140 steps lead to the beautiful Bhargava sannidhi. Mohan brought the Bhattachariar swamy of Bhargava Nrsimhar along with us. Back to the base and a short road travel of 3 kms will lead you to Yogananda sannidhi. Very serene and calm temple. Chatravata is on the way back. Both the sannidhis are served by the same Bhattachariar swamy. He will be available in one of the two sannidhis. The entire evening trip took us only 2.5 hours.

5. We organised a sarkarai pongal thaLigai (Rs. 150 for 1/2 padi) in Prahalada Varadan sannidhi as we were not in town (Madras) for Pongal festival. The Bhattachariar swamy informed us that Perumal will be having our thaLigai as the final 'sayana' neivethiyam before He departs to nearby villages for Paar Vaettai. He said that we were very 'kuduthu vechirukoam'.

6. Next day Saturday we have organised our trip to Paavana. There are many options:

A. Arrange a 'Commando' Jeep ( 8 persons) for Rs. 1400 - Four hours (up and down) very very strenuous journey (especially for those seated in the back seats) and reach there directly in front of the sannidhi. The distance on Tar road is 3 kms and 18 kms through thick reserve forest - chance of saying a hi to tigers and bears in the late evening (after 7 PM). 42 kms in total.

B. Tractor - Rs. 1300 Six hours very very streneous journey reach sannidhi entrance

C. Minivan, which can carry 20 persons - Rs. 1400 - Six hours very very strenuous

D. Ordinary Jeep - 8 Persons - 1400 - very very strenuous - 6 hrs.

In options c and d - there is a walk in the jungle for 4 kms ( 2 up and 2 down).

E. Take 500 steps and a 5 km trekking through a bamboo jungle (one way) - total up and down time will be around 3 hrs for youngsters. We took option A and booked two commando jeeps (6 AM start). As it was a Saturday, there were animal sacrifices going on some 100 metres away from the temple premises. We recited Sri Nrsimha stotrams and passed them. People with weak hearts are requested to avoid this trip on a Saturday. It so happened that adiyen was destined to have darshan of Paavana twice….I had left my foot wear there and remembered it only after a 10 minutes' journey. I went back, saw him again and returned :).

7. We were back to guest house at 10.30. We had our Tiffin and started to the hills at 11.30. We waited at Ugra Narasimha sannidhi for 30 minutes from 11.45 - 12.15 as my grand father advised us not to start our trekking at 12 noon sharp. Varaha Narasimha is very easy to reach - crossing three iron bridges (magnificent) across Bavanaasini and a 10 minutes' walk. The path divides into two thence.

8. Malola sannidhi is a steep 250 steps' climb from Varaha Nrsimha sannidhi. It takes 30 minutes for a normal person to climb. Excellent vigraham. The path again divides into two thence. The path to the left takes you to Prahalada padi. On the way, one can have a very good view of the entire Ahobilam valley between the Garudathri and Vedathiri hills. It is a very risky climb of 15 minutes. 30 minutes of trekking and you are back to Malola.

9. There is a new short cut and less streneous route from Malola to Jwala. It is 3.5 kms long and is full of ups and downs. The trip to Jwala is very tough and is full of pressure variations and narrow stretches. Steep cliffs are very common (90 minutes of steady travel). Raktha kundam is on the way. We didn’t have the Bhagyam to visit Ukku stambam. But it is very clearly visible from Jwala route. Even the fluttering flag is visible. Elders should definitely follow the instructions of their family doctor. The altitude is 3000 feet roughly and is a very steep climb. Glucose, water, first aid materials are necessary for all those who are 40+. We came down by the straight route (rocky and on the river bed of Bavanaasini) to Varaha Narasimha (90 minutes). We were back at 5.30 PM. Another 15 minutes and we were at Ugra Narasimha sannidhi. There are really breath taking natural scenes near the Ugra Nrsimha temple. On the way, we saw the steps leading to Paavana branching to our left. We took a mini van and came down to Lower Ahobilam. Just as we returned Utsavar was on His way to the villages. The local tribals were throwing arrows from their bows at the face of the Perumal to express their joy. The entire town was in a festive mood.

10. The next day we took a maxi cab (150 Rs.) to Aarlagadda and took the 8.30 AM Kurnool - Chittoor bus to Kadapa - caught the Dadar - Chennai express to Madras.

Adiyen was fortunate to have senior citizens including my grandparents (aged 79 and 72); my granny's sister and her husband (aged 65 and 60) and two couples in their late fifties/early sixties (my and my friend's parents) to accompany us in the trip and have sevai of all nine Nrsimhaas. It was due to their will power and divine grace that they were able to have those Sevais.

Cautions:

1. The trip to Baavana is very strenuous even when travelled by jeep.

2. The trip to Jwala is more strenuous when we take the straight route from Varaha as it is a travel through a river bed and rocky surface for 3.5 - 4 kms.

3. My grand parents were under a strict diet restriction, sugar control and BP control for three months; consulted their physician twice before the journey and got his opinion. They can climb hills (Sholingur) and were carrying their medicines with them. A guide and a helper are necessary if senior citizens are travelling. Rest of the journey is easy.

However, one can be sure of one thing -- Nothing is difficult in front of a strong will power, healthy mind and Lord Nrsimhaa's blessings.

Once again - Thanks a lot!!

Let me know in case you require further details.

Have a nice day!!

Regards,

S.Aravind

Sethuraman, Aravind (S.)

Tuesday, November 30, 2004 2:18 AM

'andavan ';

Ahobilam Travel

Respected group members,

Adiyen has planned for a visit with my relatives to Ahobilam during the weekend of Pongal. Would like to know how much time will we require to have sevai of all the nine Nrsimhaas……….

……….

Since Adiyen has not been there before, sincerely requests our Learned members, who have had the bagyam of His Sevai to guide us in planning our trip better.

Hope this query will not trouble much. Thanks a lot in advance!!!!

dasan,

S.Aravind

Attached is a rough sketch…not to scale.

<<map.JPG>>

Colour coding: Black - Tar road; Red - Steps; Brown - Hill Road; Light Chocolate Colour - Trekking (no steps); Blue - River Bed

1 Prahalada Varadan Sannidhi

2 Bhargava Narasimhan Sannidhi

3 Ugra Narasimhan Sannidhi

4 Jeep road to Paavana Narasimha - 21 kms

5 Yogananda Narasimhan Sannidhi

6 Chatravata Narasimhan Sannidhi

7 Road to Aarlagadda - 23 kms

8 Kaarnja Narasimhar Sannidhi

9 Steps to Paavana - 7 kms

10 Paavana Narasimhar Sannidhi

11 River route to Jwala - 4 kms

12 Varaha Narasimhar Sannidhi

13 Steps to Malola - 2.5 kms

14 Malola Narasimhar Sannidhi

15 Prahalada Padi

16 New route to Jwala (Steps) - 3.5 Kms

17 Raktha kundam

18 Jwala Narasimhar Sannidhi

19 Ukku sthambam

20 Trek route to Ukku sthambam from Prahalada Padi - 9 Kms.

dasan,

S.Aravind

Sethuraman, Aravind (S.)

Tuesday, January 18, 2005 2:45 AM

'andavan '; ' '

RE: Ahobilam Travel

Dear All:

Aneka koati namaskArams and thanks to all those who have helped us in planning and executing our trip. We have successfully completed our trip to Ahobilakshethram covering all nine Nrsimhas and Prahalatha padi in it. Lord Lakshmi Nrsimhaa's divine grace coupled with Asirvathams from Learned periyavaas of our groups have been a guiding factor throughout the trip. I wish to share our trip experiences and a couple of updates (travel info):

A small correction -- Kindly read the 8.45 AM bus as 9.15 AM bus. Thanks.

Sethuraman, Aravind (S.) Tuesday, January 18, 2005 2:45 AMandavan ; Subject: [RamanujaMission] RE: Ahobilam Travel

Dear All:

1. Aarlagadda is 85 kms from Kadapa (Buses are available, but not in plenty. For those who come by Bombay Mail -- There is a bus to Hyderabad at 7 AM sharp at Kadapa New Bus stand. Catch an auto @ Rs. 5 per head from R.Stn to New B.S - 10 minutes travel). The road from Kadapa to Aarlagadda is a National Highway and is very smooth like a carpet. One can travel in the 'last / kadaisee' seats of a bus without any problems. No jerks etc. 90 minutes travel. Rs. 38 per ticket.

2. Lower Ahobilam is 23 kms. from Aarlagadda. There are a bus for every one hour. We took the 8.45 AM bus (again 8.45 sharp).

Hi,

I like to have more pictures, you can send it to my id or vijayk

Thanks & Regards

Vijay Anand Kannan"Sethuraman, Aravind (S.)" <saravin2 wrote:

Attached is a file containing three pictures that we took in our trip. Let me know in case you want some more to be sent. Thanks.

dasan,

Aravind.> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/x-zip-compressed name=New Folder (2).zip

Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'