IndiaDivine.org

Sri Desika Vaibhava Prakasikai keerthanai

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Adiyen dasasya vignapanam.

Thanks to the great help extended by Sri K.V. Srinivasan (Mannargudi) now at Chennai I am in possession of a book titled "Srimath Vedantha Desika Vaibhava Prakasikai keerthanai" composed by one Mathyarjunam (Thiruvidaimaruthur) Kavi Anantha Bharathi published in 1930.(The book was only published in 1930 and the Kavi lived long before that) The Kavi himself has prescribed ragas and Talas so that the entire life history can be sung in Karnatic ragas. The work is based on Sri Desika Vaibhava Prakasikai.

Actually here we intended to reprint the book and distribute to those who desire. Due to unforeseen reasons it is delayed. Hence just to introduce this (rather to remind the scholors) I have decided to post one song per day. But on many occasions my Tamil postings to fail to properly display, this will be posted to http://rajamragu.spaces.live.com . Interested can visit and add their comments. A sample has been posted today.

Dasan,T.Raguveeradayal