IndiaDivine.org

Review of TirukkuDanthai Munivarin TiruppAvai ViLakkam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Bhaagavatas:

I am one of those who had the bhaghyam of listening to H.H. Srimad TirukkuDanthai Andavan Swamigal's Tiruppavai Kalakshepams way back in the 1940s and 1950s when I was a student in the College. Every day, he would expound a new facet of the millions of meanings and interpretations of every single word and even the punctuation marks. The quotes were as apt as they were novel never before dealt with by anyone else. They were so mesmerizing; I have been personally feeling a void that such a treasure perhaps had not been preserved for posterity. I am glad that this void has now been filled.

I had the opportunity to read the book entitled "TirukkuDanthai Munivarin TiruppAvai ViLakkam”. It was so gripping that I could not afford to lay it aside even for a short while and I finished reading “in one go”.

It has both “Vaktru VailakshaNyam” since it is from TirukkuDanthai Andavan, the greatest exponent of TiruppAvai and “Vastu VailakshaNyam” the ennobling subject hailed as the “very seed of the Vedas” (VEdam anaithukkum vithu aagum).

This memorable and colorful volume has been brought out by two young and energetic brothers namely Sri V. Kalyanaraman and Sri V. Rangarajan, ardent devotees of the Ashramam who have taken a lot of pains to collect the earlier recordings of His Holiness and put them in a printable format with the blessings of Srirangam Srimad Andavan.

The book was released on the Tiru nakshtram day of Prakrutham Andavan, on 20th May, 2007. Srikaryam Swami of Periyasramam has given a foreword and conveyed the blessings of H.H. for the release of the book.

The book has 150 pages with very good printing of letters. There are several multi color photographs of Prakrutham Andavan, TirukkuDanthai Andavan and several pictures of PerumaaL of various Divya Desams. These collections and prints are very attractive. Mr. Rangarajan has given an interesting article on the life history of TirukkuDanthai Andavan.

While “Printers’ devil” cannot be totally avoided in ventures like this, greater attention to “spell check” and punctuation would greatly enhance the readability of this otherwise wonderful publication.

Considering the treasure of information it houses the price of the book at just Rs. 100/ only in India is really a boon. The book is available for sale at Srirangam Srimad Andavan Ashramam and from the publishers.

Every SrivaishNava home should possess copies of the book because it will also make a very good gift on auspicious occasions. Please also spread this message to all Bhaagavatas who may be interested in the subject.

It is proposed to price it at US $ 10.00 only. Those desiring to acquire copies may send an email to me at Ramanbil indicating the number of copies required.

Dasoham

Anbil Ramaswamy