IndiaDivine.org

Why no mails on Swami Desikan thirunatchatram

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear elders, Swamins, Bhagavathas

Why there is no e mail from any of you on our Swami Desikan's thirunatchatram ? Adiyen is eager to read your anubhavams. Please send lots of photos, experiences, articles.

Let me share my experience this time. This time adiyen had the fortune of going to Tiru Ayindai or Tiruvahandripuram. I went a bit late after Swami Desikan had come down from hill top after mangalasasanam of Lord Lakshmi Hayagreevar. But i went along with the goshti to all sannidhis below the mountain in the main temple, first Devanathan Sannithi, then Sri SeetaRamar, Sri Krishnan, Chakratazhvar, then Thayar sannidhi, Sri Rajagopalan Sannithi, then Sri Ranganathar sannidhi followed by Sri Andal, Swami Nammazhwar and finally our Sri Bhashyakarar. In each sannithi the devotees chanted the stotra composed by Swami. I was spell bound when i heard Achyuta Satakam and Raghuveera gadyam. It was a treat to the ears.

The whole atmosphere was filled with the aura of Swami Desikan. When i went first Swami was in the backside entrance, and then when swami with his beautiful Rathnangi attire came forward amidst melam, thalam, vadyam, veda goshanam, it was very evident that Swami himself had come there to bless us all. I could feel that power of Swami, his prabhavam, his presence, it was felt by everyone in the temple. Some people would close their eyes and listen to the vibrant stotras and prabhandams, some people would be spell bound wacthing Swami's beautiful thirumeni. some people would chant with extreme enthuciasm and some people would become emotional, weeping continuosly. What a scene i should say. This is the first time adiyen had seen a utsavam of our Swami that too in a place where did penance.

I also saw Sri Jagan our Andavan Ashramam who was one of the chief in the goshti. As usual Sri Jagan anna did a wonderful kainkaryam. Also i saw Sri Ananthapadmanabhachar who came for the event. Then there were young lads who were chanting vedam, stotrams to the utmost perfection :) I salute them for atleast they are protecting the Vaidhikam. Also present was Sri Navalpakam Swami. I have only seen his photo, later when someone told me i recollected that it was Swami who was also there.

By grace of the Lord and Swami Desikan adiyen had the bhagyam to see this great event. Please do send lot of photos and articles. Is there any book which describes in detail Swami Desikan's life history ? like there is one on Swami Ramanujar written by Alkondaville Govindacharya in 1906. This is re-publised by Ahobila Mutt.

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan