IndiaDivine.org

magazines on Sri Desika Sampradayam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Swamin

In Purattasi issue ( october 2008)of Sri Vedantha Desika Vidya, the life and times of Sri Vedantha Desika written by Sri V. Rangachari

( Vaikundavasi) noted historian and epigraphist of yester years and published in the " Bombay branch edition of journal of Royal Asiatic Society has come out which is an wonderful article on Sri Vedantha Desika. Sri Desika bakthas will be immensly absorbed in this presentation

In Purattasi issue of Sri Hayagreeva Sevaka, (tamil), you can read and enjoy the article " Vaathithraya-kandanam" of Swami Desikan with vyakyanam by Sri Chetlur Swamy and verified by Sri Chetlur Vidvan Mahamahobadyaaya Narasimhachariyar Swamy and also with simple meanings by Sri Chetlur Mahamahobaadyaaya Srivathsangachariar Swamy which was published on 7th november 1937. This rare puiblication of the year 1937 cannot be traced out anywhere; but Sri T.C.Srinivasan Swamy took enormous pains to cull it out and to bring it out again for Sri Desika bakthas of this century

Shri T.C. Srnivasan (hayagreeva_tcs)

The Editor and Publisher of the magazines writes thus:--"soundararajan desikan" <srikainkaryaFriday, 18 July, 2008, 12:22 PM

Swamin

I seek your indulgence to write to your email friends regarding the sponsoring of SEvaka and Vidya. The Sponsorship has been reduced to Rs.5000/- per journal per month, and I hope I will be able to get some sponsors.

Details of the magazines

Dear Swamin

Adiyen requests you to spare few seconds to read this---

Some of you asked me about the magazines and also details to

Here are the details

1. Sri Vedantha Desika Vidya( An english journal of Srivaishnavas)

2. Sri Hayagriva Sevaka ( A tamil journal)

The annual subscription for each monthly magazine is Rs 100/- only

This can be paid in the nearest I O B .

Account Holder :--Sri Vedantha Desika Vidya Trust

S.B. account number12431 I O B Nesapakkam Branch code No 1312

The editor is U.Ve. T.C. Shrinivaasan M.A.,B.L. who is well known to asthikas, as a true devotee to Swami Desikan as he says " NA DEIVAM DESIKAATPARAM " and "SRI THOOPPUL KULATHTHARASE YEMMAIKKATHTHARULE"

Adiyen requests all of you to sponsor the magazines get some rare books as gift, and support the kaimkaryam of Sri T.C.Srinivasan , Editor & publisher of the magazines

Dasan

Uruppattur Soundararajan

SrikainkaryaSarvam Sree Hayagreeva preeyathaamDasanUruppattur SoundararajanSrikainkarya Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Messenger. Download Now! http://messenger./download.php

Dear Swamin

Sri U.Ve. Raghuveera Dayal has kind enough to present it in a best way, thanks to him

Adiyen requests all of you to partake in the kaimkaryam of sponsoring one issue by donating Rs 5000/-

Sarvam Sree Hayagreeva preeyathaamDasanUruppattur SoundararajanSrikainkarya--- On Mon, 20/10/08, T.Raguveeradayal <thiruthiruragu wrote:

T.Raguveeradayal <thiruthiruragu Re: magazines on Sri Desika SampradayamOppiliappan Date: Monday, 20 October, 2008, 9:05 PM

Dear swamin, What Sri Soundararajan swami has written is absolutely correct. Ever since Sri TCS began editing a journal, whether it is "Sri Hayagriva Priya" or " Sri Hayagriva Sevaka" , it is usual for him to bring out some rare books written prior to 1950 as "Thiruvona nannAL malar" during every Purattasi. The journals ,those edited by him in the past and those that are being edited by him now, though small in size are always heavy with the subjects they carry every month. All Desika bhakthas MUST to this journal. The article referred to by Soundararajan Swami is a very elaborate and authoritative biography of Swami Desikan written by a historian. I read all the 43 pages at one breadth. Please /sponsor this journal . For those who may not have d, a few pages from the biography are below.

dasan,T.Raguveeradayal-- Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Messenger. Download Now! http://messenger./download.php