IndiaDivine.org

searching of Kandramanickam village

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear friends,

I am Ranganathan residing at Thiruvallikeni, Chennai and working as Senior Accountant in the Office of the Accountant General, Tamil Nadu, Chennai 600 018.

If any body help me to findout the wherabouts of "kandramanickam village" somewhere near kudavasal in Thanjavur District it will be of great help to our family. As our ancestors left the village in the early 20th Century (We are belonging to Bharathwaja Gothram/Sama Vedhis) we have lost our contact with that place and people. We have experienced some difficulties for the past few years in our family and one astrologer advised us to locate the village and offer worship to the Sthala Perumal and other deities. The former Srikaryam of Srimath Andavan Ashramam, Srirangam Sri U.Ve. Chithrakootam Vijayaragavachariar was a native of this village as heard from some of his contemprories. In this juncture I also request the natives of this village

particularly samavedhis belonging to bharathwaja gothram who are settled elsewhere whether in abroad or at India to furnish details to create a data base and to revive contact to our ancestrol village.Please free to contanct me at your convenience to my land line or to my mobile.

with regards,

chithrakootam Ranganathan.

044 28440968,

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Sri:Srimate Rangaramanuja Mahadesikaya NamahaDear Swami,Suggest you contact Sri U. Ve. Srimushnam Sriman Narayanachar Swami (purvaasramam thirukumarar of Srimath Andavan). Swami was explaining to adiyen significant details on history of Samavedins in the Kudavasal area, including some quotations from palm-manuscripts.I think Sri Narayanachar Swami is currently in Dombivili Ashramam; others on this list can confirm.ramanuja dasan.(-Shreyas)GOVINDARAJAN RANGANATHAN <sri_ranga1960andavan Sent: Wednesday, November 5, 2008 8:22:57 AM searching of Kandramanickam village

Dear friends,

I am Ranganathan residing at Thiruvallikeni, Chennai and working as Senior Accountant in the Office of the Accountant General, Tamil Nadu, Chennai 600 018.

If any body help me to findout the wherabouts of "kandramanickam village" somewhere near kudavasal in Thanjavur District it will be of great help to our family. As our ancestors left the village in the early 20th Century (We are belonging to Bharathwaja Gothram/Sama Vedhis) we have lost our contact with that place and people. We have experienced some difficulties for the past few years in our family and one astrologer advised us to locate the village and offer worship to the Sthala Perumal and other deities. The former Srikaryam of Srimath Andavan Ashramam, Srirangam Sri U.Ve. Chithrakootam Vijayaragavachariar was a native of this village as heard from some of his contemprories. In this juncture I also request the

natives of this village

particularly samavedhis belonging to bharathwaja gothram who are settled elsewhere whether in abroad or at India to furnish details to create a data base and to revive contact to our ancestrol village.Please free to contanct me at your convenience to my land line or to my mobile.

with regards,

044 28440968,

Sorry if this not helpful. I found a few good links using google with references to this village. It looks like there may be at least two villages by this name - one near Thanjavur/Kumbakonam/Nachiyar Koil and the other near Madurai.http://www.hindu.com/2008/10/16/stories/2008101656260400.htm"MADURAI: The Meyammai Aachi Pitchaikutty Girls High School at

Kandramanickam, a little known village situated 9 km from Tiruppattur

in Sivaganga district, resembles more of a jungle than a school..."Another link says it is close to Nachiyar Koil:http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q & hl=en & geocode= & q=kandramanickam+village+tamil+nadu+india & jsv=134d & sll=37.0625,-95.677068 & sspn=29.772081,56.601563 & ie=UTF8 & latlng=10917427,79446817,3336820720601846718 & ei=M2ERSYz6A5nKjAOl8ax3 & sig2=ZYVf4kfP2ptEFi2kuIbn_Q & cd=1http://tamil-page.com/city_detail.php?pincode=612609 & city=Kandramanickam & district=Thanjavur & state=Tamil%20NaduTown/village/Place

District

Pincode

State

Kandramanickam

Thanjavur

Tamil Nadu

GOVINDARAJAN RANGANATHAN <sri_ranga1960andavan Sent: Wednesday, November 5, 2008 8:22:57 AM searching of Kandramanickam village

Dear friends,

If any body help me to findout the wherabouts of "kandramanickam village" somewhere near kudavasal in Thanjavur District it will be of great help to our family. As our ancestors left the village in the early 20th Century (We are belonging to Bharathwaja Gothram/Sama Vedhis) we have lost our contact with that place and people. We have experienced some difficulties for the past few years in our family and one astrologer advised us to locate the village and offer worship to the Sthala Perumal and other deities. The former Srikaryam of Srimath Andavan Ashramam, Srirangam Sri U.Ve. Chithrakootam Vijayaragavachariar was a native of this village as heard from some of his contemprories. In this juncture I also request the

natives of this village

with regards,

044 28440968,

http://www.hindu. com/2008/ 10/16/stories/ 2008101656260400 .htm"MADURAI: The Meyammai Aachi Pitchaikutty Girls High School at Kandramanickam, a little known village situated 9 km from Tiruppattur in Sivaganga district, resembles more of a jungle than a schoolKandaramanickam is near Tirupatur;Also nearer to Thirukoshtiyur

with regards

om namo narayana

usha--- On Wed, 11/5/08, Vijay Anand <vjanand wrote:

Vijay Anand <vjanandRe: searching of Kandramanickam villageandavan Date: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 5:09 PM

Sorry if this not helpful. I found a few good links using google with references to this village. It looks like there may be at least two villages by this name - one near Thanjavur/Kumbakona m/Nachiyar Koil and the other near Madurai.http://www.hindu. com/2008/ 10/16/stories/ 2008101656260400 .htm"MADURAI: The Meyammai Aachi Pitchaikutty Girls High School at Kandramanickam, a little known village situated 9 km from Tiruppattur in Sivaganga district, resembles more of a jungle than a school..."

Another link says it is close to Nachiyar Koil:http://maps. google.com/ maps?f=q & hl=en & geocode= & q=kandramanickam+ village+tamil+ nadu+india & jsv=134d & sll=37.0625, -95.677068 & sspn=29.772081, 56.601563 & ie=UTF8 & latlng=10917427, 79446817, 3336820720601846 718 & ei=M2ERSYz6A5nKjAOl 8ax3 & sig2=ZYVf4kfP2ptEFi 2kuIbn_Q & cd=1http://tamil- page.com/ city_detail. php?pincode= 612609 & city=Kandramanickam & district=Thanjavur & state=Tamil% 20Nadu

Town/village/ Place

District

Pincode

State

Kandramanickam

Thanjavur

Tamil Nadu

GOVINDARAJAN RANGANATHAN <sri_ranga1960@ .co. in>andavan@ .comWednesday, November 5, 2008 8:22:57 AM searching of Kandramanickam village

Dear friends,

If any body help me to findout the wherabouts of "kandramanickam village" somewhere near kudavasal in Thanjavur District it will be of great help to our family. As our ancestors left the village in the early 20th Century (We are belonging to Bharathwaja Gothram/Sama Vedhis) we have lost our contact with that place and people. We have experienced some difficulties for the past few years in our family and one astrologer advised us to locate the village and offer worship to the Sthala Perumal and other deities. The former Srikaryam of Srimath Andavan Ashramam, Srirangam Sri U.Ve. Chithrakootam Vijayaragavachariar was a native of this village as heard from some of his contemprories. In this juncture I also request the natives of

this village particularly samavedhis belonging to bharathwaja gothram who are settled elsewhere whether in abroad or at India to furnish details to create a data base and to revive contact to our ancestrol village.Please free to contanct me at your convenience to my land line or to my mobile.

with regards,

044 28440968,