IndiaDivine.org

Fw: Kudanthai Krishnamachari

Rate this topic

Guest guest

--- On Mon, 12/22/08, K.P. Sarathy <ramasarat wrote:

K.P. Sarathy <ramasarat Kudanthai Krishnamachari Date: Monday, December 22, 2008, 2:37 AMDear Friends:

Kalyani's moving message prompted me to write this. I perhaps had the longest association with Chari (Krishnamachari was affectionately called Chari in Chicago circle), longer than perhaps many of you had. We worked in the same floor of the University of Chicago campus. I had known him since before he married Kalyani. I guess since I came from a very orthodox family in Srirangam (my father belonging to the kalakshepa goshti of Puthankottam Swamy and then Maduranthakam Swami) Chari had a lot of interest to know about Srirangam SriVaishnava community. Before coming to Chicago I had the bhagyam of receiving Srimad ThiruKudanthai (Kannan Swamy) Andavan's kataksham almost on everyday basis. When I used to go to the Vadakku Vaasal vegetable market, Srimad Andavan would be on his way to the temple through this market. This probably made my association with chari a long standing one. Anyway we had a lot of sampradayic details to talk about which made me at home especially since I was still getting used to a foreign place. We have argued many many times and one quality which stood out was that Chari was very adamant about what he believed in. He will not give in easily. Perhaps it is this quality which made him complete his English Sahasranama bhashyam. After a long time, it is due to Acharyaal's anugraham, I visited him last October when he just returned from India after a successful pilgrimage to north(was it a forecast about what was coming!!). We went through Dwadasi Paduka aradanam and Chari was wondering if I would take padukai Theertham ( I belong to Mukkur Srimad Azhagiyasinger thiruvadi). I gladly took Perumal & Andavan Paduka theerthams.without the knowledge of what was going to happen in a few days. (There should be absolutely no hesitation to take paduka theerthams of Swamy Bhashyakarar's thiruvadi acharaya goshti.) After this I had the dwadasi paaranai with Kalyani's unmatched Sarkkarai pongal. As per his usual nature Chari sent me to the airport giving me advice where to stop to fill up the rental car's gas tank and so on. He was a very dear family friend and it is so hard to go through this no matter how much philosophical we can get. During their recent visit to India Prakrutham Andavan ordered Kalyani and not Chari to write on Divyadesams. Did He already know that there was a greater call from ThiruKudanthai Andavan to Chari to serve Him!! I wonder!! Kalyani has two things on her side to go through this difficult time. She is blessed with two wonderful children and Prakrutham Andavan's full anugraham.

I am certain that this group will be on her side to fullfill her manoratham.

K.P. Sarathy

---

Sir,

Your message on K. Krishnamachari and his firm belief in our Culture is really thrilled me.

R. Srinivasan--- On Mon, 22/12/08, Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_sv wrote:

Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_sv Fw: Kudanthai Krishnamachari"andavan " <andavan >Monday, 22 December, 2008, 9:19 AM

--- On Mon, 12/22/08, K.P. Sarathy <ramasarat > wrote:

K.P. Sarathy <ramasarat > Kudanthai KrishnamachariMonday, December 22, 2008, 2:37 AMDear Friends:

Kalyani's moving message prompted me to write this. I perhaps had the longest association with Chari (Krishnamachari was affectionately called Chari in Chicago circle), longer than perhaps many of you had. We worked in the same floor of the University of Chicago campus. I had known him since before he married Kalyani. I guess since I came from a very orthodox family in Srirangam (my father belonging to the kalakshepa goshti of Puthankottam Swamy and then Maduranthakam Swami) Chari had a lot of interest to know about Srirangam SriVaishnava community. Before coming to Chicago I had the bhagyam of receiving Srimad ThiruKudanthai (Kannan Swamy) Andavan's kataksham almost on everyday basis. When I used to go to the Vadakku Vaasal vegetable market, Srimad Andavan would be on his way to the temple through this market. This probably made my association with chari a long standing one. Anyway we had a lot of sampradayic details to talk about which made me at home especially since I was still getting used to a foreign place. We have argued many many times and one quality which stood out was that Chari was very adamant about what he believed in. He will not give in easily. Perhaps it is this quality which made him complete his English Sahasranama bhashyam. After a long time, it is due to Acharyaal's anugraham, I visited him last October when he just returned from India after a successful pilgrimage to north(was it a forecast about what was coming!!). We went through Dwadasi Paduka aradanam and Chari was wondering if I would take padukai Theertham ( I belong to Mukkur Srimad Azhagiyasinger thiruvadi). I gladly took Perumal & Andavan Paduka theerthams.without the knowledge of what was going to happen in a few days. (There should be absolutely no hesitation to take paduka theerthams of Swamy Bhashyakarar' s thiruvadi acharaya goshti.) After this I had the dwadasi paaranai with Kalyani's unmatched Sarkkarai pongal. As per his usual nature Chari sent me to the airport giving me advice where to stop to fill up the rental car's gas tank and so on. He was a very dear family friend and it is so hard to go through this no matter how much philosophical we can get. During their recent visit to India Prakrutham Andavan ordered Kalyani and not Chari to write on Divyadesams. Did He already know that there was a greater call from ThiruKudanthai Andavan to Chari to serve Him!! I wonder!! Kalyani has two things on her side to go through this difficult time. She is blessed with two wonderful children and Prakrutham Andavan's full anugraham.

I am certain that this group will be on her side to fullfill her manoratham.

K.P. Sarathy

------------ --------- --------- ------