IndiaDivine.org

Periakoil Nithya Kalayana Varadar

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Adiyen Kothandarama Dasan,

Would like to introduce an ancient temple at PERIAKOIL VILLAGE, 30kms away from Kancheepuram. History reveals that the temple was built 450 years ago.

http://picasaweb.google.co.in/lh/sredir?uname=RamanAlbums & target=ALBUM & id=5310431072227370625 & authkey=Gv1sRgCJ_rnuu3iPLgWQ & authkey=Gv1sRgCJ_rnuu3iPLgWQ & feat=email

Pls click on the above link to see the condition of the temple during April 2008.

Last TIRUVARADANAM performed during 1984 and then TEMPLE was under closed condition till 2006. Dieties Moolavar Nithya Kalayana Varadar, Perundevi Thayaar, Sridevi, Bhoodevi, Andal, Gokula Krishnan, Azwars and Anjaneyar.

After 1984, the AGRAHARAM was vacated and no one was there to take care of the temple. By intution, Nithya Kalayana Varadar woke us up and forced us to OPEN the temple and perform NITHYAPADI. After that every event was a miracle by his grace, approach road was laid to that village, we had vehicle to travel to once in fortnight from CHENNAI. It was all a miracle I can say. The almighy is practically pushing us behind to carryout noble activity. We had arranged VIGANASA BUTTER from CHEYYAR (4kms away from PERIAKOIL) and we provided him a 2 wheeler to perform one time TIRUVARADANAM to the dieties past 3 years.

We formed PERIAKOIL NITHYA KALAYANA VARADAR TRUST (Regd No.290/2008) and we are in the process of rebuilding the ancient temple as our PERIAYAVA use to say renovating the old temple is far better than building a new temple. We all are middle class families a portion of our salary being forwarded to the TRUST ACCOUNT to carryout noble activity.

MUKKUR AZHAGIASINGER and 42rd JEER performed MANGALASASANAM in this temple.

http://picasaweb.google.co.in/RamanAlbums/MNSPHOTOS111108?authkey=Gv1sRgCIKJ7pr5ofyJugE#slideshow/5293642537121440738

Present could be seen click on the above link.

On behalf of PERIAKOIL NITHYA KALYANA VARADAR TRUST, we invite you to join in this noble acitivity and have the blessings of PERIAKOIL NITHYA KALYANA VARADAR.

http://picasaweb.google.co.in/lh/sredir?uname=RamanAlbums & target=ALBUM & id=5310445794869686065 & authkey=Gv1sRgCLqps5b1sqCW2QE & authkey=Gv1sRgCLqps5b1sqCW2QE & feat=email

NITHYA KALYANA VARDAR as given me this opportunity to bring it to your kind attention. It is in deed his SANKALPAM to share this noble activity with you.

On behalf of the TRUST, I am placing this request to you, to contribute towards the noble activitiy details mentioned below.

Those who wish to visit the temple may pls keep in touch with me on +919444376082 will request the BUTTER (has to come from CHEYYAR - 4 kms away) to open the temple when you are there.

SMALL DROPS OF WATER MAKES BIG OCCEAN.

Cheques/DD may be drawn in favour of

PERIAKOIL NITHYA KALYANA VARDAR TRUST payable at CHENNAI.

You can directly transfer funds to the below mentioned trust account.

Name of the Bank: INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK

BRANCH : Nanganallur

S. B A/c No. : 6383

Fund transfer Code : IOBA0001592

Address :

C/o P S KOTHANDARAMAN

NO.2, 26TH STREET

THILLAI GANGA NAGAR

CHENNAI – 600 061.

PHONE : 09444376082

Dasan,

Kothandaraman

Madhavakkannan V <srivaishnavan ; ; acharya ; nama-singapore ; oppiliappan ; parakalamatham ; ; desikasampradaya ; bakthi-indonesia ; andavan ; Srisathyanarayanaperumal Sent: Saturday, March 7, 2009 1:22:38 PMKulasekara perumAL Thirunakshathram- Maasi punarvasu (today)

SrI:SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya nama:Dearest allToday is Maasi Punarpoosam. King Kulasekara perumAn Thirunakshathram (birth day) KumbhE PunarvasU jaatham KeraLE KOLa pattaNEKousthubhAmsam DharAdhIsam KulasEkaharam AasrayEThis AzhwAr born as a Kshathriyan is an amsam of the gem Kousthubham on the Lord's chest. He incarnated on a Maasi Sukla DwAsasi day , when Punarvasu constellationwas in ascendance.He was born as the son of Dhruta Vratha RaajA ,king of Kolli Naadu, whose capital was VanchikkuLam in today's KeraLA.THANIANS ON PERUMAAL TIRUMOZHI1. Composed by Emperumaanaar Sri Ramanujacharya Innamudham Oottugen Inge Vaa Pain Kiliye /Tenn Arangam Paada vulla Seer Perumaal - Ponnan /Silai Ser Nudhaliar vel Seralar Kone - Engal /Kulasekaran Enre Kooru /" O! Green hued parrot! Come hither ! I will give you some sweet nectar!. You should always

mutter the name of Kulasekara- who composed the sweet poem on the auspicious qualities of Lord Ranganatha lying in the South direction at Srirangam; who is the darling of beautiful damsels with bow - like eyebrows; who is the King of Chera kingdom; who is a great Prapanna and who is our crown jewel"2 Composed by Manakkaal NambiAaram Kedap Paran Anbar Kollaar Enru - Avargalukke /Vaaran Kodu Kudap Paambir Kai Ittavan - Maatralarai /Veeram Kedutha Senkol Kolli Kaavalan Villavar Kone /Seran Kulasekaran Mudi Vendhar Sikaamaniye /"Kulasekara is the one who put his hand boldly into the pot containing thedeadly King Cobra in order to vindicate the innocence of the Srivaishnavaswhen they were accused (by his ministers) of stealing the precious pearlnecklace; Kulasekara is the one who vanquished the valour of his enemies; He was the king of Kolli; he was the Emperor of other kings: the very gem of the Chera dynasty;

the very crown of the crowned monarchs"ponpuraiyum vERkulasE karanE maasippunarpoosath thezilvaNYsik kaLatthuth thOnRiyanbudanE namperumaaL sempoR kOyilanaitthulakin peruvaazvu madiyaar thangaLinpamigu perunguzuvuNG kaaNa maNmEliruLiriya venReduttha visaiyiR sonnananporuLsEr thirumozinNooR Rainthu paattunanRaaka venakkaruL sey nalki neeyE.[From Swami Desikan's prabandha saaram]The One who was born in ThiruvanjikkaLam in Maasi punarvasu. He sang with love and great devotion on NumperumAL of Srirangam (read below) in the very first ten, and then on His devotees. He longed to be in the association of BhagavatOtthamas of Srirangam and aloong with them, wished to enjoy the Lord's ThirumEni. Swami desikan prays to AzhwAr to bless him with the wonderful 105 verses of PerumAL Thirumozhi (in fullest entirety in full glory- i.e. with right meanings and inner nuances, enjoyment, anubhavam of AzhwAr).

Swami Manavala Maamuni's upadesa ratthina maalai says:Maasip PunarppUsam KaaNmin inRu MaNNulahIr tEsit thivasatthukkEthenn il --pEsuhinREnKollinahark kOnn KulasEkaran piRappAlnallavarkaL koNdAdum naaLL....... (13)BhumaNdala Vaasis! Is n't today Maasi PunarppUsam? Let me point out the glory of this day. This is the unique day, when righteous people celebrate the birthday of KulasEkara AazhwAr, the chieftain of Kolli naadu.Let us enjoy Sri Anbil Swami's write up on this peerless azhwAr. Kulasekara, an incarnation of Koustuba, (divine gem of Lord Vishnu) was born to King Dridavrata at Tiru vanchi kalam. He was born in the year Paraabhava, Maasi month, Sukla Paksha Dwadasi ( a Friday) in the constellation of Punarvasu. As a prince, he learned all the martial arts besides becoming proficient in Sanskrit and Tamil. In due time, he ascended the throne after his father. He married the Pandya princess. He was a

great devotee of Sri Rama. His other names are Kolli Kaavalan, Koodal Naayakan and Seralar Kone.Like Rama, he was born as a Kshatriya; Like Rama, he was born in PunarvasuNakshatra; Like Rama, his Archa moorthi was that of Lord Ranganatha; LikeRama, he renounced royal pomp and preferred a simple ascetic life. LikeLakshmana, he desired to do service to Bhagavaan; Like Bharata, even whilecarrying out his duties as a King, he considered himself a vassal of theLord's Paaduka; Like Satrugna, he valued Bhaagavata seva above all.Sri Rama is called PERUMAL; Sri Ranganatha worshipped by him is known asPERIYA PERUMAL; Periya Perumal's temple is known as PERIYA KOVIL; Kulasekara who was so devoted to all these, came to be called as KULASEKARA PERUMAL. And, his work is naturally called PERUMAL TIRUMOZHI.He was fond of listening to Srimad Ramayana. Once, when a lecturer wasnarrating how Sri Rama had to fightsingle

handedly the Rakshasas headed by Kara and Dushana, he was so excited that he rose up from his throne and gave orders to his troops to march to help Sri Rama. Immediately, the upanyasakar switched over to saying that Sri Rama vanquished the Rakshasas and returned triumphant. Then only, Kulasekara realized that the episode was not contemporaneous and regained composure.He was so much devoted to Bhagavatas that he would even cancel his tourprogrammes should any Bhagavata arrive to visit him.The ministers becameannoyed and on an occasion hid a costly pearl necklace that the king used to adorn the Archa moorthi idol and put the blame on the visiting Bhagavatas.The king ordered a pot into which a live cobra was was let in.. He boldlyput his hand into the pot challenging that if any of the Bhagavatas hadstolen the jewel, the cobra would bite his hand. The cobra did not bite and thus he vindicated the innocence of the Bhagavatas.

The ministers apologised. Disgusted with the royal pomp he anointed his son as king and left on a pilgrimage of holy places. He composed a poem of 105 verses called " Perumal Tirumozhi"- a classicexample of the yearning of a Bhakta to serve the Lord. Every single verse of the 105 verses of this work is so filled with touching emotion and packed with palpable sentiments that even a cursory reading is sure to bring tears flowing from one's eyes and leave an indelible impression in one's mind.Distributed in 10 decads, each one vividly portrays a different facet ofAlwar's experience of the Lord as shown below : -DECAD 1 : Alwar expresses his yearnings to do service to Lord Ranganatha and the Bhaagavatas. He asks-" When ! O! When am I going to enjoy the sight of the Lord who reclines onthe serpent couch at Srirangam?' Kanninaigal Enru kolo Kalikkum Naale?'When! O! When am I going to offer mouthful of praise

of the Lord?' Vaayaara Enru kolo Vaazhthum Naale?'When O! When would I be blessed with the company of Bhagavatas? " Adiyavarodu Enru kolo Anugum Naale?'When!O!Whenam I going to shower flowers at his feet?"Kaikal Koi malar Thoo Enru kolo Kooppu Naale?'When! O! When am I going to bow my head at the foot of the Lord? " Malar Chenni Enru kolo Vanangum Naale?'When O! When am I going to develop the amount of Bhakti that would melt myheart? 'Ullam Miga Enru kolo Urugum Naale?'When ! O! When my eyes are going to shed tears of joy on seeing the form ofthe Lord? 'Neer Malga Enru kolo Nirkum Naale?'When! O! When am I, the worst sinner, going to redeem my life? ' Vul Vinaiyen Enru kolo Vaazhum Naale?'When! O! When am I going to roll on the ground sanctified by the Lord'spresence?' Bhoothalattil Enru kolo Puralum Naale?'When! O! When am I going to reach the proximity of the great Adiyaars of the Lord? '

Isaindu Udane Enru kolo Irukkum Naale?'DECAD 2 : He expresses his dedication to Bhagavatas. In verse 9, he declares that those who are overwhelmed by the joy of serving the servants of the Lord are not insane: It is only the others who are insane.' Pitharaam Avar Pithar Allarkal / Matraiyar Mutrum Pithare /Decad 3 : He avers that the act of shunning worldly pleasures and adhering to the feet of the Lord is the ONLY REAL duty one has.In Verse 8, he repeats the same sentiments as above . He says -I may appear crazy for others but it is they who are really crazy. Yes! I am madly in love with my Lord!' Peyare Yenakku Yaavarum - Yaanum Oru Peyane /Evarkkum Idhu Pesi Yen? - Aayane! Arangaa! /Enru Azhaikkinren ! - Peyanaai Ozhinden /Empiraanukke /DECAD 4 : In this, he expresses his longing to be associated withTiruvenkadam- the abode of Lord Venkateswara in any capacity- whether as an animate

being or even as an inanimate object." Can I be born ?" he asks as a kurugu bird in the forest , or as a fish in the pond, or a temple vessel, or a flower at his feet, or even a pillar, or a flowing rivulet, or as a rock or even as a stepping stone leading to the innermost sanctum sanctorum in the temple of the Lord on which the Bhaktas would place their holy feet- all in the sacred Tiruvenkadam? It can be seen that such a step in every Vishnu temple is called as "KULASEKARAP PADI"- the ' KULASEKARA STEP' DECAD 5 : In this, he addresses the Lord of TiruVittuvakkodu saying that even if the Lord were to forsake him, he will never ever leave him and he has no other refuge. This he expresses drawing different parallels:- "Like a child that clings on to the feet of the mother even when she spurnsit indignantly; Like a Pativrata who holds on to her husband steadfastly even if he is of adespicable character;Like the fish

that stays even at the risk of death when the waters in thetank gets dried up (having nowhere to go); Like a patient who loves the surgeon even though he cuts and burns his flesh (during surgery); Like the seagull that perches on the mast of a ship flies all over in the mid ocean only to return to rest on it (having no other go);Like the lotus flower that does not blossom by the heat of even fire butblosssoms only to Sunshine: Like the fields that though parched always look up to the rain bearing clouds for succour;Like the torrential flowing rivers that ultimately merge only in the Ocean and nowhere else andLike fortune that favours only that person who is not after it - I willforever resort ONLY to your feet"DECAD 6 : Here, he simulates the despair and disappointment experienced bythe Gopis when Lord Krishna does not turn up as promised.DECAD 7 : This is one of the most heart rending portions

of the poem. Here he imagines himself as Devaki. Devaki laments that even though she gave birth to Krishna she missed the joy of witnessing Krishna's childhood pranks. " I am your mother only in name; How unfortunate am I ? I did not put you in the cradle; I did not sing any lullaby to you; I did not enjoy seeing the various stages of your growth from babyhood to childhood to boyhood; I lost my pleasure of breast feeding you; I am so unfortunate to have missed all these. But, Lo! and Behold! What was my loss became Yasoda's gain!. How fortunate she has been to see your pretending to be afraid of her?"Azhugaiyum Anji Nokkum An Nokkum /Ani kol Sen siru Vai Nelippaduvum /Thozhugaiyum Ivai Kanda Yasodai / Tollai Inbatthu Irudhi Kandaale"He calls Yasoda ' Deiva Nangai" - the divine damsel. He pleads to the Lordon behalf of Devaki tearfully " If possible, can you reenact all these for my sake?"DECAD 8 : Here, the

Alwar simulates Kausalya and describes the joy sheexperienced in rearing Sri Rama in his childhood. The cradle song to babyRama " Mannu pugazh Kauasalai thun" is very touching. and is being sungalmost in all households as a lullaby.DECAD 9 : Here is another heart rending episode.. Here, the Alwar simulatesthe grief of Dasaratha on his banishing Sri Rama to exile. As Dasaratha,he visualizes how Sri Rama had unjustly been subjected to the hard and harsh life of a wandering ascetic when he should have been ruling Ayodhya in the cosy comfort in all his royal regalia. He curses himself bitterly, curses Kaikeyi who induced him and finally he curses Kooni who influenced Kaikeyi - setting forth the chain of misfortunes and finally says" O! Rama! I will also leave the Ayodhya which you left; Nay, I will evenquit this world and go to the other world never to return"DECAD 10 : Sage Valmiki elaborately dwelt with the story

of Sri Rama in hisSrimad Ramayana. Here, the Alwar addresses the Lord in the Tiruchitrakoodam (Chidambaram) and gives a condensed version of the entire epic in just 11 verses.DIVYA DESAMS CONSECRATED BY KULASEKARA ALWAR1.Tiruvarangam2.Tiruk Kanna Puram3.Tiru Chitra Koodam4.Tiru Vittuvak Kodu5.Tiru Venkadam6.Tiru Ayodhya7.Tirup Paar Kadal[Thanks to Sri Anbil Swami for his permission to share this]KulasEkara AzhwAr ThiruvadigaLE SaraNamRegardsNamo NarayanadAsan