IndiaDivine.org

Sri Koorathazhwan 1000th year celebrations

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear All, Sri Koorathazhwan requires no introduction. Our tongues cannot sing the glory of Sri Koorathazhwan. He demonstrated in his life the status to be assumed by a preceptor, as also the position to be adopted by a diciple. He was far beyond the reach of the three impediments viz., pride of family, pride of pelf and pride of erudition. Sri Koorathazhwan is remembered by generations of Sri Vaishnavaas with gratitude because he gave his darshana(eyes) for the sake of Darshana (Sri Ramanuja's Philosophy.Sri Koorathazhwan of such glory will be completing the 1000 years of his advent in this world on 3rd Feb 2010.Now, all of us have obtained a wonderful opportunity to celebrate this great event in a grand manner. The people of Kooram have formed a Mahotsava committee and intend to celebrate in a

grand manner. Please find attached the invitation for the same. The committee is planned to have monthly upanyasams at following places. Kooram, Melkote, Sriperumbudur,Kanceepuram,Srirangam, Chennai(4places), Madurai,Azhagar Koil, Coimbatore and Gujarat.As planned upanyams at Kooram and Melkote has been completed on 26th April we have upanyasam at Sriperumbudur. i shall update the dates at other places in my next mail. I request every one to circulate to their known contacts and other groups and help in spreading this message.People interested in contribution can contact me or any of the numbers in the invitation.Vijay "vijay" <vjy2000

1 of 1 File(s)

Sri Koorathazhwan 1000th year celebrations.pps