IndiaDivine.org

Fw: A tribute to U.Ve.Sri N.Krishnamachariar Swami

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

--- On Fri, 5/22/09, Ram Anbil <Ramanbil wrote:

Ram Anbil <Ramanbil A tribute to U.Ve.Sri N.Krishnamachariar Swami"kkrishnamachari @" <kkrishnamachariCc: ramanbil, "Journal SDDS" Friday, May 22, 2009, 8:12 PM

A tribute to VaikunTavaasi U.V. Sri N. Krishnamachariar Swami

Avataaram: 20th September 1939

Ascended to Paramapadam: 18th December 2008

(He was shy of just about 10 months for celebrating his “Saptadiâ€)

----------------------

Words fail me as I venture to record my admiration for a virtual Achaarya who was very much with us until recently. His dedication to his own Achaarya, His Holiness Srirangam Srimad Andavan of Periyasramam was none the less than his devotion to the Divya Dampatis. Only a person who enjoyed the Paripoorna KaTaaksham of Bhagavaan and Achaarya could pen such wonderful pieces like what Sri N.K. Swami has been regaling us with.

Lord Krishna who gave us the “Song Celestial†was an Achaaryan. I feel that our Swami bearing his name as Krishnamachariar is not by sheer coincidence but is quite significant. Like Lord Krishna who concealed his “Paratvam†under the cloak of “Soulabhyamâ€, our Swami’s unassuming simplicity belies his unfathomable erudition enabling him to present such deeply researched insights into the nuances of any topic he undertook - be it Sri VishNu Sahasra naamam or Swami Desika StOtras or Nammazhwar’s Tiruvoimozhi or anything else.

“Vidya†and “Vinayam†are never seen to co-exist. But, both happily blended in an exemplary manner in our Swami.

During the last few years, he suffered excruciating pain through a strange disease called “Trigeminal Neuralgia†- that causes episodes of intense pain in any or all of the following: the ear, eye, lips, nose, scalp, forehead, teeth or jaw on one side of the face bringing about stabbing, mind-numbing, electric shock-like pain from just a finger's glance of the cheek or spontaneously without any stimulation by the patient.

During his last days, his condition was further aggravated by what is known as “Blepharospasm†- a neurological movement disorder involving involuntary and sustained contractions of the muscles around the eyes.

It is beyond imagination how our Swami not only bore the trauma which lesser mortals like us could not even comprehend but also fought with admirable fortitude as exemplified by his perseverance in churning out such delectable "likhita kainkaryams" for our benefit

He was my mentor and an unfailing source of inspiration and guidance – in fact, a ready reference - on whom I could rely at any time for the most authentic and authoritative interpretation of any tricky point in our philosophy and practices.

We can do no better than exclaim with what Oliver Goldsmith did about the “Schoolmaster†in his poem “The Deserted Villageâ€:

“And still they gazed, and still the wonder grew, That one small head could carry all he knewâ€

The entire Srivaishnava world is forever indebted to this illustrious educator.

Dasoham

Anbil Ramaswamy

======================================================= > Fri, 22 May 2009 06:32:09 -0700> kkrishnamachari thanks for calling me, mama> ramanbil > > Sri Anbil mama, namaskaram. I am so happy you called; it was very nice talking to you. It brought back memories of him talking to you.> > His date of birth is sept. 20, 1939 and dod is dec 18, 2008.> The ailment he had for the last one year was called Blepharospasm.> > I will call you whenever I can, mama.> > Your asirvadams are needed for our 2 children.> > Warm regards,> kalyani> > >