IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Thiruvaranganin Thiruvadi Nammaku Andrum Anugraham Seyyum------Vasantha utthsavam 4th Day!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

---------- Forwarded message ----------Narasimha Bhattar <nbhattarTue, Jun 2, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Thiruvaranganin Thiruvadi Nammaku Andrum Anugraham Seyyum------Vasantha utthsavam 4th Day!>

" Theeratha Venai Anaithum Theerkum KoilThiruvarangam Ana Thigazum Kiol Thaney "

-- Dear Sriranga Sri members and friends,

My Sashtanga pranamam to Sriranga Divya Dampadigal

Today is the 4th day of the beautiful Vasanthothsavam in the town of Thiruvarangam - The adhipathi of the representative of the 4 vedas: The very famous  Pranavakara Vimanam. While writing about the festival, the thoughts of Srirangam and its glory embrace me. I cant stop getting lost in the thoughts of those beautiful chitra streets where our own child, namperumal strolls through everyday. One footing on these streets would explain the whole greatness of the place. Such is the divinity in all parts of Srirangam.

Our Azhagiya Manavalan's eyes, HIS thirumarbu (chest) bearing the wide spreading scent of the chandanam (sandal), HIS panja Kacham...it is a never ending description of the beauty of our baby. One could go on and on while trying to explain about HIM. The thirukalyanotsavam that is performed for HIM, is so grand and inexplicable. These need to be witnessed by HIS grace, and in person!! I pray that those delicate feet of the child, Namperumal, bless all of us.

On this day, Namperumal, as usual, goes to vasantha mandapam from HIS moolasthanam. My sincere prayer is that HIS beautiful voiyyara nadai, kasturi thilakamum, the pleasent smell of the soil along kaveri and everything that has any relation with Sri Ranganatha must always be with us.

Kamba Ramayanam was recited by Kambar  for the first time in front of Thayar sannidhi. This contained refrences to Prahalda varada and Slaying of Hiranyakashabu by Lord Nrishimha. Many learned scholars opposed and disregarded this version as the orignal Valmiki Ramayana did not contain any references to this part. Then with the approval of Mettu Azhagiyasingar sannidhi situated on the 5th prakara kambar read the ramayana throught

It is said that Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy at Mettu Azhagiyasingar sannidhi situated on the 5th prakara accepted and approved the scripture and blessed Kambar in this temple.

There are two sand pillars in the Moolavar Sannidhi which is similar to those of vaikuntam. It is believed that those who embrace this pillar will reach vaikuntam.

In the words of Kulasekara Peruman

Kadiaranga tharavanaiyil palli kollum

Mayonai manathunea patri nidru En

Vayara endru kolo vazhtum nalea

It is customary to have the darshan of Pranavakara Vimanam and Paravasudevar idol on the Vimanam. It is also belived that all the divya desham perumal come to srirangam at night and return the next morning

Vachakadosham Kshamikkavum. I apologize for any faulty interpretation or wordings.

Adeyen DhashanNarasimha bhattar

-- R Narasimhabhattar

5 of 5 Photo(s)