IndiaDivine.org

Language problem

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear bhakthadis,

There are lot of Srivaishnava bhakthadis in this group, who do not know how to read Tamil. For ex: I come from Mysore and I can speak Tamil but I cannot read. Now a days many of emails are in tamil. I am not saying it is wrong, but it would be really great if information is provided in english too. I feel I am missing many mails from Andavan group because of my inability to read Tamil. I also love our Indian languages and can read Sanskrit, Kannada, Telugu, Hindi and other languages. There are lot of people in the group here to get Satsangam and share Bhakthi and Bhagavad vishayam and might not know to read Tamil. So, Kindly provide translation if mails are completely written in Tamil.

Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya ||

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree

ICC World Twenty20 England '09 exclusively on ! CRICKET

Guest guest

Dear all, For some it is reading in Tamil is difficult and for some, if they do not have the required font installed, they also cannot read.They may be just skipping the mail ( unread ).Regards, Veeraraghavan

On 6/30/09, Jayashree <jayashree_n_b wrote:

Dear bhakthadis,

There are lot of Srivaishnava bhakthadis in this group, who do not know how to read Tamil. For ex: I come from Mysore and I can speak Tamil but I cannot read. Now a days many of emails are in tamil. I am not saying it is wrong, but it would be really great if information is provided in english too. I feel I am missing many mails from Andavan group because of my inability to read Tamil. I also love our Indian languages and can read Sanskrit, Kannada, Telugu, Hindi and other languages. There are lot of people in the group here to get Satsangam and share Bhakthi and Bhagavad vishayam and might not know to read Tamil. So, Kindly provide translation if mails are completely written in Tamil.

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree

Guest guest

Dear Sri Veeraraghavn Swamin,adiyen dasasya vignaapanam. I totally agree with you on point no 1. But as far as fonts, there can be no problem if the Tamil text is in unicode font. XP and Vista, Linux Ubuntu,Redhat ,Susee and Fedora all support Unicode and hence there may not be any problem to read Tamil, of course if you know read and write Tamil.

As far my postings are concerned, you might have observed, I am not authoring anything. I have some old Tamil books and since the contents are very rich I just reproduce from them. Just doing the job of a computer DTP assistant in a printing press. And hence I am helpless in this regard and I can not write in English. Smt Jayashree, to whose mail Shri RR swami invited my attention, may kindly excuse me for my inability. And the postings are not direct to andavan@ , but they are to my blog which are notified in groups as and when I update it.

Adiyen,Dasan,Thiruppathi RaguveeradayalC/O SRIRANGAM SRIMAD ANDAVAN ASHRAMAM,THIRUPPULLANI 62353204567-254242//919443301091http://thiruppul.blogspot.com

http://rajamragu.spaces.live.com

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 23:49, raghavan veera <raghavanvee wrote:

Dear all, For some it is reading in Tamil is difficult and for some, if they do not have the required font installed, they also cannot read.They may be just skipping the mail ( unread ).Regards, Veeraraghavan

On 6/30/09, Jayashree <jayashree_n_b wrote:

Dear bhakthadis,

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree

Guest guest

What Srimathi jayashree says is correct. My daughters also are handicapped in the same way thugh their interest in Bhagawat vishayam and Acharya Bhakthi is no less than mine. I can also understand the difficulties in it as I myself prefer Sanskrit or Tamil over English! But it is the modern day status and we have to find a way out.Dhasan Rangarajan--- On Tue, 30/6/09, raghavan veera <raghavanvee wrote:raghavan veera <raghavanveeRe: Language problemandavan Date: Tuesday, 30 June, 2009, 11:49 PM

On 6/30/09, Jayashree <jayashree_n_ b. in> wrote:

Dear bhakthadis,

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree

Guest guest

Dear Sir,

I am sorry. My intension is not to offend any of kainkaryam you are doing. I really appreciate your effort in bringing out such precious information about perumal. I read all mails until end to learn from you all and to dip in devotion of lord. I really get into tears when I see some perumal or thayaar photo with some slokams below written completely in tamil, but unable to read it. I feel I am missing something really great. I shall definitely make an effort to learn to read tamil. But if some translation is also given below without any additional effort, it becomes easier for new generation people like us to learn something. Bcoz learning tamil self is very hard as letters ta, da is same, ka ga is same... I dont want to mispronounce any slokams until learnt proper way. It was just request and not with intention to hurt anyone. If we cannot ask elders to teach who else can we go in search of. I

feel really blessed to be part of this group to know about many of perumal slokams and events that happen in India sitting in US. It is like seeing chandra bimbam in water for those who cannot see it real. Please keep the bhakthi rasam flowing.

I would appreciate if someone passes some information to newer generation more about our sampradayam, to root us deep into culture. I miss the way our grandparents and parents all used to celebrate each festival. There is lot of information missing with generation gap. Everything that was done by our elders had a meaning. I would like to learn the way lord should be decorated, what all should be cooked for god, what are the prayers we need to invoke, rituals, do's and dont's, how we can get more people into bhakthi group. We are at most times confused as to what is right way to do and reading 100's of articles online will make us lost in loops. For ex: Ekadashi, Shravana vratham, SriJayanthi, Navratri and many parva dinams to list. Each day is same when it comes to singing in glory of Sri Mahalakshmi thayaar and Sriman Narayana... :) Our generation is really in threat in knowing sampradayam and to realise god. Please do

margadarshanam to us.

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree

T.Raguveeradayal <rajamraguandavan Sent: Tuesday, 30 June, 2009 8:20:21 PMRe: Language problem

Dear Sri Veeraraghavn Swamin,adiyen dasasya vignaapanam. I totally agree with you on point no 1. But as far as fonts, there can be no problem if the Tamil text is in unicode font. XP and Vista, Linux Ubuntu,Redhat ,Susee and Fedora all support Unicode and hence there may not be any problem to read Tamil, of course if you know read and write Tamil. As far my postings are concerned, you might have observed, I am not authoring anything. I have some old Tamil books and since the contents are very rich I just reproduce from them. Just doing the job of a computer DTP assistant in a printing press. And hence I am helpless in this regard and I can not write in English. Smt Jayashree, to whose mail Shri RR swami invited my attention, may kindly excuse me for my inability. And the postings are not direct to andavan@ , but they are to my blog which are notified in groups as

and when I update it. Adiyen,Dasan,Thiruppathi RaguveeradayalC/O SRIRANGAM SRIMAD ANDAVAN ASHRAMAM,THIRUPPULLANI 62353204567-254242/ /919443301091http://thiruppul. blogspot. comhttp://rajamragu. spaces.live. com

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 23:49, raghavan veera <raghavanvee@ gmail.com> wrote:

Dear bhakthadis,

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Guest guest

Dear All

Recently on 28th June 2009 true english translation of Periyavachan Pillai

Vayakanam on Thiruppallandu was released by Kinchithkaram Trust by Sri U Ve

Velukkudi Krishnan Swami. It may be useful which costs Rs.120/- or so. May be

useful to all those have language problem. The trust is also planning to bring

out some more english translation.

thanks

nkseshadri of iit madras

andavan on behalf of Ranga Rajan

Wed 7/1/2009 8:34 AM

andavan

Re: Language problem

What Srimathi jayashree says is correct. My daughters also are handicapped in

the same way thugh their interest in Bhagawat vishayam and Acharya Bhakthi is no

less than mine. I can also understand the difficulties in it as I myself prefer

Sanskrit or Tamil over English! But it is the modern day status and we have to

find a way out.

Dhasan

Rangarajan

--- On Tue, 30/6/09, raghavan veera <raghavanvee wrote:

raghavan veera <raghavanvee

Re: Language problem

andavan

Tuesday, 30 June, 2009, 11:49 PM

Dear all, For some it is reading in Tamil is difficult and for some, if

they do not have the required font installed, they also cannot read.They may be

just skipping the mail ( unread ).Regards, Veeraraghavan

Dear bhakthadis,

There are lot of Srivaishnava bhakthadis in this group, who do not know how to

read Tamil. For ex: I come from Mysore and I can speak Tamil but I cannot read.

Now a days many of emails are in tamil. I am not saying it is wrong, but it

would be really great if information is provided in english too. I feel I am

missing many mails from Andavan group because of my inability to read Tamil. I

also love our Indian languages and can read Sanskrit, Kannada, Telugu, Hindi and

other languages. There are lot of people in the group here to get Satsangam and

share Bhakthi and Bhagavad vishayam and might not know to read Tamil. So, Kindly

provide translation if mails are completely written in Tamil.

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree

http://cricket.