IndiaDivine.org

language problem

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Madam,  Adiyen dasasya vignaapanam. I totally understand your problem and agree what is said by you is agreeable to me also. But as already I wrote, the difficulty with me is (1) I have no deep knowledge on sampradhayam. and I am just a learner. In fact till such time adiyen surrendered to the lotus feet of HH Srimad Andavan I was not knowing what I had not known so far and during all these 15 years I am just learning what are all I missed to learn and I am yet to begin learning that I missed so far. In my pursuit to know atleast a thivalai of samprathaya knowledge I am in search of books. As I do not know anyother language than Tamil, naturally I prefer Tamil books. (I have a very basic English knowledge and my vocabulary is also very poor even from my school days. By profession I need to repeat " Hallo " " Hallo " only and this for the past 39 years have eroded even that little English even) If I think that a book in Tamil is understood by me satisfactorily, I decide to upload the book to my blog. Not to tell the world that I know this and that, but to preserve those old books printed somewhere before 1950s in the electronic media with the only hope that somewhere, somebody at sometime may find it useful for them.I normally do not prefer to correct even known typos as my purpose is only to present those treasures as they are. And  as such if I venture to write anything in English, that will be a great foolish act on myself. Again I request you to kindly excuse me for my inability to post anything in English on these samprathaya matters.

But alternatively the many learned members in these groups, well versed in Samprathayam and having a wonderful command on English, Tamil (and in Sanskrit also) can help those finding difficulty in reading Tamil. They can either do a verbatim translation of that posted in Tamil or present the essence of a message which will be helpful for members like Smt Jayashree.. And as far as my postings, anybody can use them anywhere in any form as they are OUR treasures to be learnt and to be preserved for generations.

If those unable to write or read Tamil can understand spoken Tamil, adiyen will consider adding MP3 audios alongwith my postings . Of course that will be another " thunbam "  to listen to my " sweet " voice.

Adiyen,Dasan,Thiruppathi RaguveeradayalC/O SRIRANGAM SRIMAD ANDAVAN ASHRAMAM,THIRUPPULLANI 62353204567-254242//919443301091http://thiruppul.blogspot.com'>http://thiruppul.blogspot.com

http://rajamragu.spaces.live.com

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 09:37, Jayashree <jayashree_n_b wrote:

Dear Sir,

I am sorry. My intension is not to offend any of kainkaryam you are doing. I really appreciate your effort in bringing out such precious information about perumal. I read all mails until end to learn from you all and to dip in devotion of lord. I really get into tears when I see some perumal or thayaar photo with some slokams below written completely in tamil, but unable to read it. I feel I am missing something really great. I shall definitely make an effort to learn to read tamil. But if some translation is also given below without any additional effort, it becomes easier for new generation people like us to learn something. Bcoz learning tamil self is very hard as letters ta, da is same, ka ga is same... I dont want to mispronounce any slokams until learnt proper way. It was just request and not with intention to hurt anyone. If we cannot ask elders to teach who else can we go in search of.  I

feel really blessed to be part of this group to know about many of perumal slokams and events that happen in India sitting in US. It is like seeing chandra bimbam in water for those who cannot see it real. Please keep the bhakthi rasam flowing.

I would appreciate if someone passes some information to newer generation more about our sampradayam, to root us deep into culture. I miss the way our grandparents and parents all used to celebrate each festival. There is lot of information missing with generation gap. Everything that was done by our elders had a meaning. I would like to learn the way lord should be decorated, what all should be cooked for god, what are the prayers we need to invoke, rituals, do's and dont's, how we can get more people into bhakthi group. We are at most times confused as to what is right way to do and reading 100's of articles online will make us lost in loops. For ex: Ekadashi, Shravana vratham, SriJayanthi, Navratri and many parva dinams to list. Each day is same when it comes to singing in glory of Sri Mahalakshmi thayaar and Sriman Narayana... :) Our generation is really in threat in knowing sampradayam and to realise god. Please do

margadarshanam to us.

Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya ||

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree

T.Raguveeradayal <rajamraguandavan

Tuesday, 30 June, 2009 8:20:21 PMRe: Language problem

Dear Sri Veeraraghavn Swamin,adiyen dasasya vignaapanam. I totally agree with you on point no 1. But as far as fonts, there can be no problem if the Tamil text is in unicode font. XP and Vista, Linux Ubuntu,Redhat ,Susee and Fedora all support Unicode and hence there may not be any problem to read Tamil, of course if you know read and write Tamil.

As far my postings are concerned, you might have observed, I am not authoring anything. I have some old Tamil books and since the contents are very rich I just reproduce from them. Just doing the job of a computer DTP assistant in a printing press. And hence I am helpless in this regard and I can not write in English. Smt Jayashree, to whose mail Shri RR swami invited my attention, may kindly excuse me for my inability. And the postings are not direct to andavan@ , but they are to my blog which are notified in groups as

and when I update it. Adiyen,Dasan,Thiruppathi RaguveeradayalC/O SRIRANGAM SRIMAD ANDAVAN ASHRAMAM,THIRUPPULLANI 62353204567-254242/ /919443301091http://thiruppul. blogspot. com

http://rajamragu. spaces.live. com

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 23:49, raghavan veera <raghavanvee@ gmail.com> wrote:

Dear all, For some it is reading in Tamil is difficult and for some, if they do not have the required font installed, they also cannot read.They may be just skipping the mail ( unread ).Regards, Veeraraghavan

On 6/30/09, Jayashree <jayashree_n_ b. in> wrote:

Dear bhakthadis,

There are lot of Srivaishnava bhakthadis in this group, who do not know how to read Tamil. For ex: I come from Mysore and I can speak Tamil but I cannot read. Now a days many of emails are in tamil. I am not saying it is wrong, but it would be really great if information is provided in english too. I feel I am missing many mails from Andavan group because of my inability to read Tamil. I also love our Indian languages and can read Sanskrit, Kannada, Telugu, Hindi and other languages. There are lot of people in the group here to get Satsangam and share Bhakthi and Bhagavad vishayam and might not know to read Tamil. So, Kindly provide translation if mails are completely written in Tamil.

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree

ICC World Twenty20 England '09 exclusively on ! CRICKET

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Guest guest

Dear Jayahree,

I understand the problem which involves the younger generation @ home as well as in some other land. You may aware that now I am posting srimath nammandavan's vyakyanam on Sri Padhuka Sahsram in http://nammandavan.blogspot.com. As the vyakayanam is in simple tamil it can be easily understood by anyone. But your problem is about reading of tamil verses. Shall I transliterate the same in devanagari lipi ? You can follow the same as good as the original text. I hope this may help to some extent to fulfill your desire.

with regards,

Chithrakoodam Ranganathan.

recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8.

Guest guest

Dear Sir,

Yes, Sanskrit lipi should be really helpful. I can read Sanskrit very easily. I would really love to learn Sri Padukha sahasram if it in Sanskrit lipi.

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree

GOVINDARAJAN RANGANATHAN <sri_ranga1960jayashree_n_bCc: andavan Sent: Wednesday, 1 July, 2009 8:51:43 AMlanguage problem

Dear Jayahree,

I understand the problem which involves the younger generation @ home as well as in some other land. You may aware that now I am posting srimath nammandavan's vyakyanam on Sri Padhuka Sahsram in http://nammandavan.blogspot.com. As the vyakayanam is in simple tamil it can be easily understood by anyone. But your problem is about reading of tamil verses. Shall I transliterate the same in devanagari lipi ? You can follow the same as good as the original text. I hope this may help to some extent to fulfill your desire.

with regards,

Chithrakoodam Ranganathan.

recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8.

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz.

Guest guest

Dear Swamin, You really a great person that you can keep posting messages on various topics almost everyday.

.It is our bhagyam that you keep typing/posting worthwhile sampradayam vishayam, sometimes one to feel do you really have time to sleep. Coming to the subject, may be MP3 is more a viable alternate .Regards, Veeraraghavan                                         On 7/1/09, T.Raguveeradayal <rajamragu wrote:

Madam,  

Adiyen dasasya vignaapanam. I totally understand your problem and agree what is said by you is agreeable to me also. But as already I wrote, the difficulty with me is (1) I have no deep knowledge on sampradhayam. and I am just a learner. In fact till such time adiyen surrendered to the lotus feet of HH Srimad Andavan I was not knowing what I had not known so far and during all these 15 years I am just learning what are all I missed to learn and I am yet to begin learning that I missed so far. In my pursuit to know atleast a thivalai of samprathaya knowledge I am in search of books. As I do not know anyother language than Tamil, naturally I prefer Tamil books. (I have a very basic English knowledge and my vocabulary is also very poor even from my school days. By profession I need to repeat " Hallo " " Hallo " only and this for the past 39 years have eroded even that little English even) If I think that a book in Tamil is understood by me satisfactorily, I decide to upload the book to my blog. Not to tell the world that I know this and that, but to preserve those old books printed somewhere before 1950s in the electronic media with the only hope that somewhere, somebody at sometime may find it useful for them.I normally do not prefer to correct even known typos as my purpose is only to present those treasures as they are. And  as such if I venture to write anything in English, that will be a great foolish act on myself. Again I request you to kindly excuse me for my inability to post anything in English on these samprathaya matters.

But alternatively the many learned members in these groups, well versed in Samprathayam and having a wonderful command on English, Tamil (and in Sanskrit also) can help those finding difficulty in reading Tamil. They can either do a verbatim translation of that posted in Tamil or present the essence of a message which will be helpful for members like Smt Jayashree.. And as far as my postings, anybody can use them anywhere in any form as they are OUR treasures to be learnt and to be preserved for generations.

If those unable to write or read Tamil can understand spoken Tamil, adiyen will consider adding MP3 audios alongwith my postings . Of course that will be another " thunbam "  to listen to my " sweet " voice.

Adiyen,Dasan,Thiruppathi RaguveeradayalC/O SRIRANGAM SRIMAD ANDAVAN ASHRAMAM,THIRUPPULLANI 62353204567-254242//919443301091http://thiruppul.blogspot.com'>http://thiruppul.blogspot.com

Dear Sir,

I am sorry. My intension is not to offend any of kainkaryam you are doing. I really appreciate your effort in bringing out such precious information about perumal. I read all mails until end to learn from you all and to dip in devotion of lord. I really get into tears when I see some perumal or thayaar photo with some slokams below written completely in tamil, but unable to read it. I feel I am missing something really great. I shall definitely make an effort to learn to read tamil. But if some translation is also given below without any additional effort, it becomes easier for new generation people like us to learn something. Bcoz learning tamil self is very hard as letters ta, da is same, ka ga is same... I dont want to mispronounce any slokams until learnt proper way. It was just request and not with intention to hurt anyone. If we cannot ask elders to teach who else can we go in search of.  I feel really blessed to be part of this group to know about many of perumal slokams and events that happen in India sitting in US. It is like seeing chandra bimbam in water for those who cannot see it real. Please keep the bhakthi rasam flowing.

I would appreciate if someone passes some information to newer generation more about our sampradayam, to root us deep into culture. I miss the way our grandparents and parents all used to celebrate each festival. There is lot of information missing with generation gap. Everything that was done by our elders had a meaning. I would like to learn the way lord should be decorated, what all should be cooked for god, what are the prayers we need to invoke, rituals, do's and dont's, how we can get more people into bhakthi group. We are at most times confused as to what is right way to do and reading 100's of articles online will make us lost in loops. For ex: Ekadashi, Shravana vratham, SriJayanthi, Navratri and many parva dinams to list. Each day is same when it comes to singing in glory of Sri Mahalakshmi thayaar and Sriman Narayana... :) Our generation is really in threat in knowing sampradayam and to realise god. Please do margadarshanam to us.

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree

Tuesday, 30 June, 2009 8:20:21 PM Re: Language problem 

Dear Sri Veeraraghavn Swamin,adiyen dasasya vignaapanam. I totally agree with you on point no 1. But as far as fonts, there can be no problem if the Tamil text is in unicode font. XP and Vista, Linux Ubuntu,Redhat ,Susee and Fedora all support Unicode and hence there may not be any problem to read Tamil, of course if you know read and write Tamil.

As far my postings are concerned, you might have observed, I am not authoring anything. I have some old Tamil books and since the contents are very rich I just reproduce from them. Just doing the job of a computer DTP assistant in a printing press. And hence I am helpless in this regard and I can not write in English. Smt Jayashree, to whose mail Shri RR swami invited my attention, may kindly excuse me for my inability. And the postings are not direct to andavan@ , but they are to my blog which are notified in groups as and when I update it.

Adiyen,Dasan,Thiruppathi RaguveeradayalC/O SRIRANGAM SRIMAD ANDAVAN ASHRAMAM,THIRUPPULLANI 62353204567-254242/ /919443301091http://thiruppul. blogspot. com

Dear all, For some it is reading in Tamil is difficult and for some, if they do not have the required font installed, they also cannot read.They may be just skipping the mail ( unread ).Regards, Veeraraghavan

Dear bhakthadis,

There are lot of Srivaishnava bhakthadis in this group, who do not know how to read Tamil. For ex: I come from Mysore and I can speak Tamil but I cannot read. Now a days many of emails are in tamil. I am not saying it is wrong, but it would be really great if information is provided in english too. I feel I am missing many mails from Andavan group because of my inability to read Tamil. I also love our Indian languages and can read Sanskrit, Kannada, Telugu, Hindi and other languages. There are lot of people in the group here to get Satsangam and share Bhakthi and Bhagavad vishayam and might not know to read Tamil. So, Kindly provide translation if mails are completely written in Tamil.

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree

Guest guest

Jayashree, Namasakaram.

As a well wisher, I would request you to start learning Tamil. It's not that tough, you can become fluent in few days of time. Translation of everything to English will not give you that much satisfaction, when you read and try to understand in pure Tamil. Try now will just words and will complete with sentences and paragraphs in few days.

Adiyen,

Mukund

On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 10:48:31 +0530 wrote

>Dear Sir,

>

>I am sorry. My intension is not to offend any of kainkaryam you are doing. I really appreciate your effort in bringing out such precious information about perumal. I read all mails until end to learn from you all and to dip in devotion of lord. I really get into tears when I see some perumal or thayaar photo with some slokams below written completely in tamil, but unable to read it. I feel I am missing something really great. I shall definitely make an effort to learn to read tamil. But if some translation is also given below without any additional effort, it becomes easier for new generation people like us to learn something. Bcoz learning tamil self is very hard as letters ta, da is same, ka ga is same... I dont want to mispronounce any slokams until learnt proper way. It was just request and not with intention to hurt anyone. If we cannot ask elders to teach who else can we go in search of.  I feel really blessed to be part of this group to

> know about many of perumal slokams and events that happen in India sitting in US. It is like seeing chandra bimbam in water for those who cannot see it real. Please keep the bhakthi rasam flowing.

>

>I would appreciate if someone passes some information to newer generation more about our sampradayam, to root us deep into culture. I miss the way our grandparents and parents all used to celebrate each festival. There is lot of information missing with generation gap. Everything that was done by our elders had a meaning. I would like to learn the way lord should be decorated, what all should be cooked for god, what are the prayers we need to invoke, rituals, do's and dont's, how we can get more people into bhakthi group. We are at most times confused as to what is right way to do and reading 100's of articles online will make us lost in loops. For ex: Ekadashi, Shravana vratham, SriJayanthi, Navratri and many parva dinams to list. Each day is same when it comes to singing in glory of Sri Mahalakshmi thayaar and Sriman Narayana... :) Our generation is really in threat in knowing sampradayam and to realise god. Please do margadarshanam to us.

>

>Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya ||

>Jai Shree Krishna.

>Jayashree

>

>

>

>

>________________________________

>T.Raguveeradayal

>andavan

>Tuesday, 30 June, 2009 8:20:21 PM

>Re: Language problem

>

>

>

>

>

>Dear Sri Veeraraghavn Swamin,

>

>adiyen dasasya vignaapanam. I totally agree with you on point no 1. But as far as fonts, there can be no problem if the Tamil text is in unicode font. XP and Vista, Linux Ubuntu,Redhat ,Susee and Fedora all support Unicode and hence there may not be any problem to read Tamil, of course if you know read and write Tamil.

>

>           As far my postings are concerned, you might have observed, I am not authoring anything. I have some old Tamil books and since the contents are very rich I just reproduce from them. Just doing the job of a computer DTP assistant in a printing press. And hence I am helpless in this regard and I can not write in English. Smt Jayashree, to whose mail Shri RR swami invited my attention, may kindly excuse me for my inability. And the postings are not direct to andavan@ , but they are to my blog which are notified in groups as and when I update it.

>Adiyen,

>Dasan,

>

>Thiruppathi Raguveeradayal

>C/O SRIRANGAM SRIMAD

>ANDAVAN ASHRAMAM,

>THIRUPPULLANI 623532

>04567-254242/ /919443301091

>http://thiruppul. blogspot. com

>http://rajamragu. spaces.live. com

>

>

>

>On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 23:49, raghavan veera wrote:

>

>

>>

>>

>>Dear all, For some it is reading in Tamil is difficult and for some, if they do not have the required font installed, they also cannot read.They may be just skipping the mail ( unread ).Regards, Veeraraghavan

>>

>>

>>

>>On 6/30/09, Jayashree wrote:

>>

>>>

>>>

>>>Dear bhakthadis,

>>>

>>>There are lot of Srivaishnava bhakthadis in this group, who do not know how to read Tamil. For ex: I come from Mysore and I can speak Tamil but I cannot read. Now a days many of emails are in tamil. I am not saying it is wrong, but it would be really great if information is provided in english too. I feel I am missing many mails from Andavan group because of my inability to read Tamil. I also love our Indian languages and can read Sanskrit, Kannada, Telugu, Hindi and other languages. There are lot of people in the group here to get Satsangam and share Bhakthi and Bhagavad vishayam and might not know to read Tamil. So, Kindly provide translation if mails are completely written in Tamil.

>>>

>>>Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya ||

>>>Jai Shree Krishna.

>>>Jayashree

>>>________________________________

>ICC World Twenty20 England '09 exclusively on ! CRICKET

>>

>

>

>

>

>      ICC World Twenty20 England '09 exclusively on ! CRICKET http://cricket.

Guest guest

Raghuveer Dayalji,

Your english is wonderful and we can understand you very well. But I

agree that many important works are in Tamil and anybody who has

serious interest in learning the sampradaya has to have some working

knowledge in Tamil.

May be u can translate some Tamil works in english and we will learn.

I don't know what people like me who are not good in english and

tamil and poor in Bhakti will do.

I am only dependent on The Mercy of Srimad Andavan .

However being far away from Tamil Nadu and being away from ashram

activities we are unable to even periodically meet our Acharyan.

Adiyen

Narasimhan

Chandigarh

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 3:01 PM, T.Raguveeradayal<rajamragu wrote:

>

>

> Madam,

>

>   Adiyen dasasya vignaapanam. I totally understand your problem and agree

> what is said by you is agreeable to me also. But as already I wrote, the

> difficulty with me is (1) I have no deep knowledge on sampradhayam. and I am

> just a learner. In fact till such time adiyen surrendered to the lotus feet

> of HH Srimad Andavan I was not knowing what I had not known so far and

> during all these 15 years I am just learning what are all I missed to learn

> and I am yet to begin learning that I missed so far. In my pursuit to know

> atleast a thivalai of samprathaya knowledge I am in search of books. As I do

> not know anyother language than Tamil, naturally I prefer Tamil books. (I

> have a very basic English knowledge and my vocabulary is also very poor even

> from my school days. By profession I need to repeat " Hallo " " Hallo " only and

> this for the past 39 years have eroded even that little English even) If I

> think that a book in Tamil is understood by me satisfactorily, I decide to

> upload the book to my blog. Not to tell the world that I know this and that,

> but to preserve those old books printed somewhere before 1950s in the

> electronic media with the only hope that somewhere, somebody at sometime may

> find it useful for them.I normally do not prefer to correct even known typos

> as my purpose is only to present those treasures as they are. And  as such

> if I venture to write anything in English, that will be a great foolish act

> on myself. Again I request you to kindly excuse me for my inability to post

> anything in English on these samprathaya matters.

>      But alternatively the many learned members in these groups, well versed

> in Samprathayam and having a wonderful command on English, Tamil (and in

> Sanskrit also) can help those finding difficulty in reading Tamil. They can

> either do a verbatim translation of that posted in Tamil or present the

> essence of a message which will be helpful for members like Smt Jayashree..

> And as far as my postings, anybody can use them anywhere in any form as they

> are OUR treasures to be learnt and to be preserved for generations.

>    If those unable to write or read Tamil can understand spoken Tamil,

> adiyen will consider adding MP3 audios alongwith my postings . Of course

> that will be another " thunbam "  to listen to my " sweet " voice.

> Adiyen,

> Dasan,

>

> Thiruppathi Raguveeradayal

> C/O SRIRANGAM SRIMAD

> ANDAVAN ASHRAMAM,

> THIRUPPULLANI 623532

> 04567-254242//919443301091

> http://thiruppul.blogspot.com

> http://rajamragu.spaces.live.com

>

>

> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 09:37, Jayashree <jayashree_n_b wrote:

>>

>>

>> Dear Sir,

>>

>> I am sorry. My intension is not to offend any of kainkaryam you are doing.

>> I really appreciate your effort in bringing out such precious information

>> about perumal. I read all mails until end to learn from you all and to dip

>> in devotion of lord. I really get into tears when I see some perumal or

>> thayaar photo with some slokams below written completely in tamil, but

>> unable to read it. I feel I am missing something really great. I shall

>> definitely make an effort to learn to read tamil. But if some translation is

>> also given below without any additional effort, it becomes easier for new

>> generation people like us to learn something. Bcoz learning tamil self is

>> very hard as letters ta, da is same, ka ga is same... I dont want to

>> mispronounce any slokams until learnt proper way. It was just request and

>> not with intention to hurt anyone. If we cannot ask elders to teach who else

>> can we go in search of.  I feel really blessed to be part of this group to

>> know about many of perumal slokams and events that happen in India sitting

>> in US. It is like seeing chandra bimbam in water for those who cannot see it

>> real. Please keep the bhakthi rasam flowing.

>>

>> I would appreciate if someone passes some information to newer

>> generation more about our sampradayam, to root us deep into culture. I miss

>> the way our grandparents and parents all used to celebrate each festival.

>> There is lot of information missing with generation gap. Everything that was

>> done by our elders had a meaning. I would like to learn the way lord should

>> be decorated, what all should be cooked for god, what are the prayers we

>> need to invoke, rituals, do's and dont's, how we can get more people into

>> bhakthi group. We are at most times confused as to what is right way to do

>> and reading 100's of articles online will make us lost in loops. For ex:

>> Ekadashi, Shravana vratham, SriJayanthi, Navratri and many parva dinams to

>> list. Each day is same when it comes to singing in glory of Sri Mahalakshmi

>> thayaar and Sriman Narayana... :) Our generation is really in threat in

>> knowing sampradayam and to realise god. Please do margadarshanam to us.

>>

>>

>> Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya ||

>>

>> Jai Shree Krishna.

>>

>> Jayashree

>>

>> ________________________________

>> T.Raguveeradayal <rajamragu

>> andavan

>> Tuesday, 30 June, 2009 8:20:21 PM

>> Re: Language problem

>>

>> Dear Sri Veeraraghavn Swamin,

>>

>> adiyen dasasya vignaapanam. I totally agree with you on point no 1. But as

>> far as fonts, there can be no problem if the Tamil text is in unicode font.

>> XP and Vista, Linux Ubuntu,Redhat ,Susee and Fedora all support Unicode and

>> hence there may not be any problem to read Tamil, of course if you know read

>> and write Tamil.

>>

>>            As far my postings are concerned, you might have observed, I am

>> not authoring anything. I have some old Tamil books and since the contents

>> are very rich I just reproduce from them. Just doing the job of a computer

>> DTP assistant in a printing press. And hence I am helpless in this regard

>> and I can not write in English. Smt Jayashree, to whose mail Shri RR swami

>> invited my attention, may kindly excuse me for my inability. And the

>> postings are not direct to andavan@ , but they are to my blog

>> which are notified in groups as and when I update it.

>> Adiyen,

>> Dasan,

>>

>> Thiruppathi Raguveeradayal

>> C/O SRIRANGAM SRIMAD

>> ANDAVAN ASHRAMAM,

>> THIRUPPULLANI 623532

>> 04567-254242/ /919443301091

>> http://thiruppul. blogspot. com

>> http://rajamragu. spaces.live. com

>>

>>

>> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 23:49, raghavan veera <raghavanvee@ gmail.com>

>> wrote:

>>>

>>>

>>> Dear all, For some it is reading in Tamil is difficult and for some, if

>>> they do not have the required font installed, they also cannot read.They may

>>> be just skipping the mail ( unread ).Regards, Veeraraghavan

>>>

>>> On 6/30/09, Jayashree <jayashree_n_ b. in> wrote:

>>>>

>>>> Dear bhakthadis,

>>>>

>>>> There are lot of Srivaishnava bhakthadis in this group, who do not know

>>>> how to read Tamil. For ex: I come from Mysore and I can speak Tamil but I

>>>> cannot read. Now a days many of emails are in tamil. I am not saying it is

>>>> wrong, but it would be really great if information is provided in english

>>>> too. I feel I am missing many mails from Andavan group because of my

>>>> inability to read Tamil. I also love our Indian languages and can read

>>>> Sanskrit, Kannada, Telugu, Hindi and other languages. There are lot of

>>>> people in the group here to get Satsangam and share Bhakthi and Bhagavad

>>>> vishayam and might not know to read Tamil. So, Kindly provide translation

if

>>>> mails are completely written in Tamil.

>>>>

>>>> Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya ||

>>>> Jai Shree Krishna.

>>>> Jayashree

>>>> ________________________________

>>>> ICC World Twenty20 England '09 exclusively on ! CRICKET

>>

>>

>> ________________________________

>> Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

>

>

--

Narasimhan K L

Guest guest

Veeraraghavan Swamin,adiyen dasasya vignaapanam.  FOR ORIGINAL THINKERS definitely it will be very difficult to post a message atleast once in a weak. But I am not and what I do is just copying from some old books, gather some information from some web sites and just place them in my blog. Hence it is very easy for me. To think over any subject one must have adequate knowledge on the subject and brain power to analyse on various angles.Before writing anything such people will think twice before doing it lest their point may not be refuted or ridiculed. And I do not possess those qualities and hence I post anything and everything on the net. But I have a very staunch belief. All the members in andavan, oppiliappan etc groups at are like the olden days Anna pakshi. They will simply reject whatever is a kuppai in my postings.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 05:35, raghavan veera <raghavanvee wrote:

Dear Swamin, You really a great person that you can keep posting messages on various topics almost everyday.

.It is our bhagyam that you keep typing/posting worthwhile sampradayam vishayam, sometimes one to feel do you really have time to sleep. Coming to the subject, may be MP3 is more a viable alternate .Regards, Veeraraghavan                                         On 7/1/09, T.Raguveeradayal <rajamragu wrote:

Madam,  

Adiyen dasasya vignaapanam. I totally understand your problem and agree what is said by you is agreeable to me also. But as already I wrote, the difficulty with me is (1) I have no deep knowledge on sampradhayam. and I am just a learner. In fact till such time adiyen surrendered to the lotus feet of HH Srimad Andavan I was not knowing what I had not known so far and during all these 15 years I am just learning what are all I missed to learn and I am yet to begin learning that I missed so far. In my pursuit to know atleast a thivalai of samprathaya knowledge I am in search of books. As I do not know anyother language than Tamil, naturally I prefer Tamil books. (I have a very basic English knowledge and my vocabulary is also very poor even from my school days. By profession I need to repeat " Hallo " " Hallo " only and this for the past 39 years have eroded even that little English even) If I think that a book in Tamil is understood by me satisfactorily, I decide to upload the book to my blog. Not to tell the world that I know this and that, but to preserve those old books printed somewhere before 1950s in the electronic media with the only hope that somewhere, somebody at sometime may find it useful for them.I normally do not prefer to correct even known typos as my purpose is only to present those treasures as they are. And  as such if I venture to write anything in English, that will be a great foolish act on myself. Again I request you to kindly excuse me for my inability to post anything in English on these samprathaya matters.

Dear Sir,

I am sorry. My intension is not to offend any of kainkaryam you are doing. I really appreciate your effort in bringing out such precious information about perumal. I read all mails until end to learn from you all and to dip in devotion of lord. I really get into tears when I see some perumal or thayaar photo with some slokams below written completely in tamil, but unable to read it. I feel I am missing something really great. I shall definitely make an effort to learn to read tamil. But if some translation is also given below without any additional effort, it becomes easier for new generation people like us to learn something. Bcoz learning tamil self is very hard as letters ta, da is same, ka ga is same... I dont want to mispronounce any slokams until learnt proper way. It was just request and not with intention to hurt anyone. If we cannot ask elders to teach who else can we go in search of.  I feel really blessed to be part of this group to know about many of perumal slokams and events that happen in India sitting in US. It is like seeing chandra bimbam in water for those who cannot see it real. Please keep the bhakthi rasam flowing.

I would appreciate if someone passes some information to newer generation more about our sampradayam, to root us deep into culture. I miss the way our grandparents and parents all used to celebrate each festival. There is lot of information missing with generation gap. Everything that was done by our elders had a meaning. I would like to learn the way lord should be decorated, what all should be cooked for god, what are the prayers we need to invoke, rituals, do's and dont's, how we can get more people into bhakthi group. We are at most times confused as to what is right way to do and reading 100's of articles online will make us lost in loops. For ex: Ekadashi, Shravana vratham, SriJayanthi, Navratri and many parva dinams to list. Each day is same when it comes to singing in glory of Sri Mahalakshmi thayaar and Sriman Narayana... :) Our generation is really in threat in knowing sampradayam and to realise god. Please do margadarshanam to us.

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree

Tuesday, 30 June, 2009 8:20:21 PM Re: Language problem 

As far my postings are concerned, you might have observed, I am not authoring anything. I have some old Tamil books and since the contents are very rich I just reproduce from them. Just doing the job of a computer DTP assistant in a printing press. And hence I am helpless in this regard and I can not write in English. Smt Jayashree, to whose mail Shri RR swami invited my attention, may kindly excuse me for my inability. And the postings are not direct to andavan@ , but they are to my blog which are notified in groups as and when I update it.

Adiyen,Dasan,Thiruppathi RaguveeradayalC/O SRIRANGAM SRIMAD ANDAVAN ASHRAMAM,THIRUPPULLANI 62353204567-254242/ /919443301091http://thiruppul. blogspot. com

Dear bhakthadis,

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree