IndiaDivine.org

Bhagavatham book

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Sir,

I am reading Srimad Bhagavatham from

1) Srimad Bhagavatham (2 volumes) - Gita Press, Gorakhpur. (There are lot of languages in which Gita press produces these books. I use Sanskrit text with Kannada meaning. The publication brings slokas and meanings in Sanskrit, Kannada, Tamil, English and other languages. Other books which are very good from Gita press are Ramayana and Sundarakanda. The meanings are well explained.2) Srimad Bhagavatham (8 volumes) by Ramachandra Sastry (This is in Kannada lipi) If anyone is residing in Bangalore, they can buy these books and other puranas, sloka books from

Vedanta Book House. 92 Appu Rao Road, 6th Main, Chamarajpet. Bangalore, 080-26507590. They also ship the books abroad and outside the city with minimal shipping charges.

Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya ||

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree

Badri Ramaswamy <badri_ramjayashree_n_bSent: Tuesday, 7 July, 2009 4:35:22 PMFw: Bhagavatham book

Dear Jayashree Bhagini

Kindly publish the name of the book (author and language) for the benefit of other

bhagavathas.

Adiyen

Badri--- On Mon, 7/6/09, Jayashree <jayashree_n_b wrote:

Jayashree <jayashree_n_bRe: Fw: Garuda Puranamandavan Date: Monday, July 6, 2009, 3:02 PM

Dear Sir,

There is a brief description of all the puranas in the last amsham of Srimad Bhagavatham. I am reading Srimad Bhagavatham and Vishnu puranam for the second time. My book has meanings too for each slokam. So I read slokam with meanings. I was introduced to Srimad Bhagavatham by my grandmother. She said life is waste if one does not read Srimad Bhagavatham in detail atleast once in their lifetime. It was her last advice to me to read bhagavatham. I personally got this opinion too once I read it completely. Now I just cant stop reading it. Everyday I read one adyayam with meanings how muchever busy my day goes by. Every slokam and every word explains the glory of Sri Krishna. One will dip in well of devotion and visualize lord Krishna when they read dashama adhyaya. It will make everyone cry out of happiness and also set right morals and path to devotion. There is no sorrow

in Srimad Bhagavatham. When lord Brahma did tulabaram of all puranas, upanishads, vedas and all sacred texts on one side the other side was heavier with just Srimad Bhagavatham due to description of Bhakthi, SriKrishna leela's in detail, no sorrowness and path to righteousness.

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree

T.Raguveeradayal <rajamragu (AT) gmail (DOT) com>andavan@ .comMonday, 6 July, 2009 1:00:24 AMRe: Fw: Garuda Puranam

Madam, You say it should be read only by men. But you detail everything the purana deals with. How? By sravanam only? then it is great again. Glad that I am introduced to you by andavan groupsAdiyen,Dasan,Thiruppathi RaguveeradayalC/O SRIRANGAM SRIMAD ANDAVAN ASHRAMAM,THIRUPPULLANI 62353204567-254242/ /919443301091http://thiruppul. blogspot. comhttp://rajamragu. spaces.live. com

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 22:05, Jayashree <jayashree_n_ b. in> wrote:

Dear sir,

From what I have heard from my elders, Garuda puranam should not be kept in house especially in pooja room the way other satvic puranas are installed. This can be read only after death funeral. Only men can read this purana. This is in the form of dialogue between Lord Vishnu and Garuda. It deals with present life and afterlife. It deals with Bandhan, Moksha and describes the pathways that lead to Bondage and the pathways that lead to Liberation, it deals with the essential ceremonies required to be performed after the death of relatives and the consequences of not performing such ceremonies. The funeral and the last rites must be performed the proper way. This Purana deals with astronomy, medicine, grammar, and gemstone structure and qualities. The other portions contain usual puranic topics - creation of universe,

incarnations of Vishnu, varnashrama dharma rules, geneology of kings, vyakarana, vastu, temple construction rules, black magic, lakshana of various gems, summary of Ramayana and Mahabharata etc. It has charms to repel snake bites.

After elders at home passes away, this purana parayanam should be done for ten days. This provides liberation to the Pitrus and the son gets desires fulfilled. The speaker as well as the listener of Garuda Purana benefit. Upon death of mother and father, reading Garuda Purana gives them salvation and the entire family becomes prosperous. One should read or listen to perform last rites as per Hindu Shastra after death and throw this book to Ganges, a holy river of Hindus or should be given as gift along with an image in gold of a swan to get prosperity to right people. Learned people can correct me with this.

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree

rvpsarathy rvpsarathy <rvpsarathy (AT) (DOT) co.in>andavan@ .comSunday, 5 July, 2009 12:00:15 AM Fw: Garuda Puranam

--- On Sun, 5/7/09, rvpsarathy rvpsarathy <rvpsarathy (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:

rvpsarathy rvpsarathy <rvpsarathy (AT) (DOT) co.in>Garuda Puranamandavangroups@ Cc: rvpsarathy (AT) (DOT) co.inSunday, 5 July, 2009, 10:28 AM

Can anyone read Garuda Puranam in the normal days?Some opinions suggest that it can be read on the Shradhdha days.Some other says it should never be read at all on any normal days including the Shradhdha days.DasanR V Parthasarathy

Looking for local information? Find it on Local

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.

Looking for local information? Find it on Local