IndiaDivine.org

Fw: READ THE FACTS FIRST TSUNAMI - Prepare for big quake on July 22 2009

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This is just a matter of information ,as received by me and would like to share with the group members.Let us hope that good things only happen.

Daasan,

R.Srinivasan.

----- Forwarded Message ----Anu Radha <anu_2006inKrishna Kashyap <krishna; Sampathkumar Krishnan <sampkrish; raja lakshmi <raja_manolayam; murali ram ram <maintref3; EV Narasimhan <evnarasimhan; psvasudev <psvasudev; kannan raja <kannanmds; Rajagopalan <vsrajagopalan2003; rajalashmi <sriraghavashram; govinda rajan <vcgrajan; ajranga rajan <ajranga; amma ramanama <bakthasamaj; Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_sv; anita rao-ballakur <anitagrb; muktha sri ravi

<muktha_sriravi; roma <rschathlani; ; sarma <jagsan86Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:12:40 AMFw: READ THE FACTS FIRST Re: TSUNAMI - Prepare for big quake on July 22 2009

hi there,

This is an article by my brother Neelakantan who is doing a research on these factors. Kindly go thro the same.

thanks & regards

anu--- On Sat, 11/7/09, Neel n Lorina <neel_lorina wrote:

Neel n Lorina <neel_lorinaREAD THE FACTS FIRST Re: TSUNAMI - Prepare for big quake on July 22 2009"anil bhagya" <anil_bhagya, "Anu Radha" <anu_2006inSaturday, 11 July, 2009, 1:47 PM

IS THERE GOING TO BE A TSUNAMI ON JULY 22?

I am writing about the huge number of emails going around the net stating and warning about the catastrophe during the total solar eclipse on July 22 2009 . This email going around warning about an impending tsunami and earthquake hitting parts of Asia is really interesting but rather not convincing. Though the email tries to explain the theory on why the solar eclipse could cause this Tsunami, the fact shows otherwise. I do understand that we cannot completely discard new ideas on science since it was science that once believed that Earth was flat, Atom was the smallest particle, the universe revolves around Earth, etc., and later it was proven wrong. Having said that, science has developed a far way since then. The modern science accepts the theories that can be explained with supporting calculations, researches and facts rather than imaginative ideas, thoughts or superstitious believes. But in this

case, I am convinced that the possibility of some parts on Earth being hit by a tsunami during the solar eclipse are far less that it is negligible since there are no facts to support this. Researches in these areas are immense since scientists are constantly trying to unlock the mystery of Mother Nature. I hereby give the reasons as to why we don’t need to be panicked in the topic:

1) Since 1900 there have been 82 earthquakes greater than magnitude 8 (on the Richter magnitude scale) worldwide. Out of these, only 2 occurred close to the time of a solar eclipse. However, these were not even a total eclipse. They were only partial eclipse but also far from the locations of the earthquakes (Source – EOS – Earth Observatory of Singapore)

2) This is not the first total eclipse that it happening. If this theory is correct, then the same catastrophic event should occur everytime when there is a solar / lunar eclipse.

3) It is a known fact for scientists and experts that it is impossible to precisely predict the earthquakes. There are no scientific methods or technologies that exist at present which can pinpoint the timing, magnitude or location of earthquakes. However, the experts are only able to make longer-term predictions over the next decade or more on such matters and that too only on the basis of scientific information. 4) Earthquakes occurs everyday around the world and this is something common. Experts and scientiests estimate that several million earthquakes occur in the world each year. Many go undetected because they hit remote areas or have very small magnitudes. The NEIC now locates about 50 earthquakes each day, or about 20,000 a year. (Source: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/) But so far, there are no scientific evidence that confirms that the solar / lunar eclipses actually causes earthqakes or tsunamis. All I am trying to say that this should not cause any panic amongst people. When I searched the internet I was surprised to see the numbers of blogs, pages, news about the possibility of tsunami, earthquakes, etc., during this solar eclipse. But however, I have often seen these kind of news everytime when there is a planetary alignments, total solar / lunar eclipse, start of a new millennium (remember Y2k and Nostradamus end of world predictions that became popular during 1999?), etc., My belief is that it is always important to maintain awareness of hazards, however false predictions can be counterproductive. When a real tsunami warning comes, one based on an earthquake that has already occurred, it may go unheeded. As always, it is good to be safe but it is not a bad idea to run a sanity check first and have our opinion based on facts. So let us just relax and enjoy this celestial beauty that we are

going to witness during this total solar eclipse. Live & Enjoy, Neelakantan.A Astrophysicist

"Bhagia, Anil M" <anil.bhagiaAnu Radha <anu_2006in; "neel_lorina" <neel_lorinaMonday, 6 July, 2009 3:29:47 PMFW: TSUNAMI - Prepare for big quake on July 22 2009

Access 7 Mail on your mobile. Anytime. Anywhere. Show me how.

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz.

Guest guest

From S.N.P.Sarathy,Nanganallur, Chennai, 600061Dear Sir, Thank you sir. Very nice. Informative. Thank you,SNPS--- On Tue, 21/7/09, Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_sv wrote:Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_sv Fw: READ THE FACTS FIRST Re: TSUNAMI - Prepare for big quake on July 22 2009"andavan " <andavan >Tuesday, 21 July, 2009, 10:44 AM

This is just a matter of information ,as received by me and would like to share with the group members.Let us hope that good things only happen.

Daasan,

R.Srinivasan.

----- Forwarded Message ----Anu Radha <anu_2006in >Krishna Kashyap <krishna (AT) san (DOT) rr.com>; Sampathkumar Krishnan <sampkrish (AT) hotmail (DOT) com>; raja lakshmi <raja_manolayam@ >; murali ram ram <maintref3 (AT) cpcl (DOT) co.in>; EV Narasimhan <evnarasimhan@ .co. in>; psvasudev <psvasudev >; kannan raja <kannanmds (AT) hotmail (DOT) com>; Rajagopalan <vsrajagopalan2003@ .co. in>; rajalashmi <sriraghavashram@ .co. in>; govinda rajan <vcgrajan >; ajranga rajan <ajranga >; amma ramanama <bakthasamaj@ gmail.com>; Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_sv; anita rao-ballakur <anitagrb >; muktha sri ravi

<muktha_sriravi@ >; roma <rschathlani@ >; < (AT) satyam (DOT) net.in>; sarma <jagsan86 >Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:12:40 AMFw: READ THE FACTS FIRST Re: TSUNAMI - Prepare for big quake on July 22 2009

hi there,

This is an article by my brother Neelakantan who is doing a research on these factors. Kindly go thro the same.

thanks & regards

anu--- On Sat, 11/7/09, Neel n Lorina <neel_lorina@ . au> wrote:

Neel n Lorina <neel_lorina@ . au>READ THE FACTS FIRST Re: TSUNAMI - Prepare for big quake on July 22 2009"anil bhagya" <anil_bhagya@ >, "Anu Radha" <anu_2006in >Saturday, 11 July, 2009, 1:47 PM

I am writing about the huge number of emails going around the net stating and warning about the catastrophe during the total solar eclipse on July 22 2009 . This email going around warning about an impending tsunami and earthquake hitting parts of Asia is really interesting but rather not convincing. Though the email tries to explain the theory on why the solar eclipse could cause this Tsunami, the fact shows otherwise. I do understand that we cannot completely discard new ideas on science since it was science that once believed that Earth was flat, Atom was the smallest particle, the universe revolves around Earth, etc., and later it was proven wrong. Having said that, science has developed a far way since then. The modern science accepts the theories that can be explained with supporting calculations, researches and facts rather than imaginative ideas, thoughts or superstitious believes. But in this

case, I am convinced that the possibility of some parts on Earth being hit by a tsunami during the solar eclipse are far less that it is negligible since there are no facts to support this. Researches in these areas are immense since scientists are constantly trying to unlock the mystery of Mother Nature. I hereby give the reasons as to why we don’t need to be panicked in the topic:

1) Since 1900 there have been 82 earthquakes greater than magnitude 8 (on the Richter magnitude scale) worldwide. Out of these, only 2 occurred close to the time of a solar eclipse. However, these were not even a total eclipse. They were only partial eclipse but also far from the locations of the earthquakes (Source – EOS – Earth Observatory of Singapore)

2) This is not the first total eclipse that it happening. If this theory is correct, then the same catastrophic event should occur everytime when there is a solar / lunar eclipse.

3) It is a known fact for scientists and experts that it is impossible to precisely predict the earthquakes. There are no scientific methods or technologies that exist at present which can pinpoint the timing, magnitude or location of earthquakes. However, the experts are only able to make longer-term predictions over the next decade or more on such matters and that too only on the basis of scientific information. 4) Earthquakes occurs everyday around the world and this is something common. Experts and scientiests estimate that several million earthquakes occur in the world each year. Many go undetected because they hit remote areas or have very small magnitudes. The NEIC now locates about 50 earthquakes each day, or about 20,000 a year. (Source: http://earthquake. usgs.gov/ ) But so far, there are no scientific evidence that confirms that the solar / lunar eclipses actually causes earthqakes or tsunamis. All I am trying to say that this should not cause any panic amongst people. When I searched the internet I was surprised to see the numbers of blogs, pages, news about the possibility of tsunami, earthquakes, etc., during this solar eclipse. But however, I have often seen these kind of news everytime when there is a planetary alignments, total solar / lunar eclipse, start of a new millennium (remember Y2k and Nostradamus end of world predictions that became popular during 1999?), etc., My belief is that it is always important to maintain awareness of hazards, however false predictions can be counterproductive. When a real tsunami warning comes, one based on an earthquake that has already occurred, it may go unheeded. As always, it is good to be safe but it is not a bad idea to run a sanity check first and have our opinion based on facts. So let us just relax and enjoy this celestial beauty that we are

going to witness during this total solar eclipse. Live & Enjoy, Neelakantan. A Astrophysicist

"Bhagia, Anil M" <anil.bhagia@ hp.com>Anu Radha <anu_2006in >; "neel_lorina@ . au" <neel_lorina@ . au>Monday, 6 July, 2009 3:29:47 PMFW: TSUNAMI - Prepare for big quake on July 22 2009

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.

Guest guest

----- Forwarded Message ----Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_svAnu Radha <anu_2006inWednesday, July 22, 2009 2:54:42 PMRe: READ THE FACTS FIRST Re: TSUNAMI - Prepare for big quake on July 22 2009

To,

Anu Radha

Dear Madam,

This is just an acknowledgement of the findings of your brother Sri Neelakantan has been accurate.Yes , he has done a good piece of work and nothing untoward happened,during this Solar eclipse of the century. Many other predictions are proved false. I did receive one such warning from one my close friend, predicting psunami,but refrained from circulating the same, as it might have created a panic.

Daasan,

R.Srinivasan.

Anu Radha <anu_2006inKrishna Kashyap <krishna; Sampathkumar Krishnan <sampkrish; raja lakshmi <raja_manolayam; murali ram ram <maintref3; EV Narasimhan <evnarasimhan; psvasudev <psvasudev; kannan raja <kannanmds; Rajagopalan <vsrajagopalan2003; rajalashmi <sriraghavashram; govinda rajan <vcgrajan; ajranga rajan <ajranga; amma ramanama <bakthasamaj; Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_sv; anita rao-ballakur <anitagrb; muktha sri ravi <muktha_sriravi; roma <rschathlani; ; sarma <jagsan86Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:12:40 AMFw: READ THE FACTS FIRST Re: TSUNAMI - Prepare for big quake on July 22 2009

hi there,

thanks & regards

anu--- On Sat, 11/7/09, Neel n Lorina <neel_lorina wrote:

Neel n Lorina <neel_lorinaREAD THE FACTS FIRST Re: TSUNAMI - Prepare for big quake on July 22 2009"anil bhagya" <anil_bhagya, "Anu Radha" <anu_2006inSaturday, 11 July, 2009, 1:47 PM

3) It is a known fact for scientists and experts that it is impossible to precisely predict the earthquakes. There are no scientific methods or technologies that exist at present which can pinpoint the timing, magnitude or location of earthquakes. However, the experts are only able to make longer-term predictions over the next decade or more on such matters and that too only on the basis of scientific information. 4) Earthquakes occurs everyday around the world and this is something common. Experts and scientiests estimate that several million earthquakes occur in the world each year. Many go undetected because they hit remote areas or have very small magnitudes. The NEIC now locates about 50 earthquakes each day, or about 20,000 a year. (Source: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/) But so far, there are no scientific evidence that confirms that the solar / lunar eclipses actually causes earthqakes or tsunamis. All I am trying to say that this should not cause any panic amongst people. When I searched the internet I was surprised to see the numbers of blogs, pages, news about the possibility of tsunami, earthquakes, etc., during this solar eclipse. But however, I have often seen these kind of news everytime when there is a planetary alignments, total solar / lunar eclipse, start of a new millennium (remember Y2k and Nostradamus end of world predictions that became popular during 1999?), etc., My belief is that it is always important to maintain awareness of hazards, however false predictions can be counterproductive. When a real tsunami warning comes, one based on an earthquake that has already occurred, it may go unheeded. As always, it is good to be safe but it is not a bad idea to run a sanity check first and have our opinion based on facts. So let us just relax and enjoy this celestial beauty that we are

going to witness during this total solar eclipse. Live & Enjoy, Neelakantan.A Astrophysicist

"Bhagia, Anil M" <anil.bhagiaAnu Radha <anu_2006in; "neel_lorina" <neel_lorinaMonday, 6 July, 2009 3:29:47 PMFW: TSUNAMI - Prepare for big quake on July 22 2009