IndiaDivine.org

What is the font used

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

New to the group. There are some messages in the group which are not displayed

correctly by my computer. I assume these are Tamiz texts. I would like to know

what font it is so that I can install it. I already have Mylai-Sri. So it should

be something else.

Regards

Raj.

Guest guest

sir please download NHM writer which is available free.

G.Ranganathan.--- On Wed, 22/7/09, jers.geo <kc2kby wrote:

jers.geo <kc2kby What is the font usedandavan Date: Wednesday, 22 July, 2009, 11:51 AM

New to the group. There are some messages in the group which are not displayed correctly by my computer. I assume these are Tamiz texts. I would like to know what font it is so that I can install it. I already have Mylai-Sri. So it should be something else.RegardsRaj.

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.

Guest guest

Dear Sri Raj,     If you are using windows XP it should display the Tamil fonts without any difficulty. It will read through the in-built Latha font. Most of the messages in Tamil inAndavan or oppiliappan groups are written with Tamil unicode font and as such the browser will display that text written with any unicode font with Latha. You need not have installed the font the writer used.

Whenever you find difficulty in reading Tamil, please go to view in tool  bar, click on it select character encoding/encoding and select unicode. You MUST read the Tamil text.  Some times the writer would have used fonts like mylaisree or someother non-unicode fonts. Then you have almost no choice except to know the font family and install it. NHM Converter is a good utility. You may copy and paste that unreadable text in the converter and try to convert it to unicode. Sometimes it may help you. (not guaranteed always.)

Sri Ranganathan swami has mentioned about NHM Writer. With that you can write only in Tamil (and almost in all Indian languages) but that will not be applicable to read the text. Adiyen,Dasan,

Thiruppathi RaguveeradayalC/O SRIRANGAM SRIMAD ANDAVAN ASHRAMAM,THIRUPPULLANI 62353204567-254242//919443301091http://thiruppul.blogspot.comhttp://rajamragu.spaces.live.com

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 21:54, GOVINDARAJAN RANGANATHAN <sri_ranga1960 wrote:

sir please download NHM writer which is available free.

G.Ranganathan.--- On Wed, 22/7/09, jers.geo <kc2kby wrote:

jers.geo <kc2kby What is the font usedandavan

Wednesday, 22 July, 2009, 11:51 AM

New to the group. There are some messages in the group which are not displayed correctly by my computer. I assume these are Tamiz texts. I would like to know what font it is so that I can install it. I already have Mylai-Sri. So it should be something else.

RegardsRaj.

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.