IndiaDivine.org

AN APPEAL

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

OM NAMO BHAGAVATHE VISHVAKSENAYA NAMAH:

DEAR BHAKTHAS,

ADIYEN TAKE PLEASURE IN ATTACHING THE APPEAL FOR THE RENOVATION OF

SIRUPULIYUR TEMPLE ( ONE OF OUR DIVYA DESAM )ALL ARE REQUESTED TO SEND THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS FOR A GOOD CAUSE.

DASAN,

POIGAIADIAN.ADIYEN'S PRESENT ADDRESS:S. PARTHASARATHY,D-34, OAKWOOD ESTATE,AKASHNEEM MARG,D.L.F. PHASE - II,GURGAON- 122002.Ph: 0124 - 4056238.

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.

1 of 1 File(s)

SIRUPULIYUR TEMPLE RENOVATION.doc

• 6 months later...

Dear allThis is precisely what we have been highlighting all through. This is precisely why we have incorporated Paragraph 10 of Guidelines for posting "Appeals for funds" in "Sri Ranga Sri".

Excerpts from our warnings on the subject are given below.

Please take a moment to read through and reflect - as we feel that of late far too numerous appeals are being received for "this, that or the other" so called Kainkaryams. Some of them are direct appeals while some indulge in incorporating the appeals surreptitiously camouflaged in an otherwise agreeable posting on our philosophical doctrines.

We do not approve such postings and also warn the contributors that if they persist in posting such matter ignoring the conditions contained in Paragraph 10 above, they run the risk of being removed from our membership.

Dasoham

Anbil Ramaswamy

Moderator,

"Sri Ranga Sri"

rajamragu; andavan ; oppiliappan ; RamanujaMission ; ; raghavanvee; krupa; kalyanapuramamudan; sadagopan.iyengar; yennappan; r_sv; vasans2008; rsoundar; shrirr; ramanramanujan; hayagreeva_tcsFrom: rraghu5Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 05:05:53 -0800 Re: an appeal

adiyen dasan

this mail may be of a surprise and shock to many but this is what i wanted to write to one and all for a long time, but did not get the courage to do so but today when i was reading srimad ramayana which was written and printed long back i got the courage to do so, may god sri sita rama and sri hanuman give me the blessing.

many of you had been sending money to many when they ask for but have any one of you had checked that they money had been used for the purpose for which it was sent. we think when we are asked we do so out of sympathy or think that is gods command, but how many of you think that one and all had been taken for a ride and the money sent is not spent for what it was ment for.

whoever asks for money just make sure you get a proper receipt and try to find out if they money goes for the purpose for which it was sent.

let me give all of you an example, some yrs back one person from united states came to india he was asked that he should bear the cost of constructing old age homes, and without a second thought he gave a cheque for a huge amount, but till now the old age home had not been constructed nor any land got for that purpose, when he came to check it he was not respected at all.

so please i am not saying that you should not send money, but please do check that is it used for the purpose for which it is sent. and try to get the account and find if the papers are correct, and find out the money spent is worth it.

many would say am a dorihi but this is gods command to me. so please do take care when all of you send money in future please cross check and find out.

the donor has every right to know so use it

adiyen dasan

raghunathan r.

T.Raguveeradayal <rajamragu (AT) rediffmail (DOT) com>andavan <andavan >; oppiliappan <oppiliappan >; RamanujaMission ; ; raghavanvee ; Mukund <krupa (AT) singnet (DOT) com.sg>; kalyanapuramamudan (AT) (DOT) co.in; sadagopan iyengar <sadagopan.iyengar >; Sadagopan <yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net>; Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_sv@ .com>; srinivasan s <vasans2008 >; Soundar <rsoundar >; RR <shrirr >; raman ramanuja iyengar <ramanramanujan (AT) (DOT) co.uk>; haya greeva <hayagreeva_tcs >Sun, 24 January, 2010 19:37:27 "Dhvarai" -- From "SamrakshaNee"

adiyen dasasya vignaapanam. Another article by Sri Ramaswami Dasan ( Sri T.C. Srinivasan swamy says it is that famous Sri D.Ramaswamy Iyengar) in the 1940 February issue of "SamrakshaNee" monthly under title "Dhvarai" can be read and enjoyed at http://rajamragu. spaces.live. com

adiyen learn that among the handful of few visitors to my blog , a few take print outs of the articles for leisurely reading. They have to select and print. To make the job easy, here is another simple method. Just log on to www.pdfmyurl. com give the name of the site's url, for example, http://rajamragu. spaces.live. com and hit on the "P" symbol on the right side. You can get the the site as pdf within seconds. You can thus save any website of your choice as pdf

In my other blog http://thiruppul. blogspot. com you can find a link at the end of the blog post "Download as pdf" There just click on it and instantly you will get that particular post as pdf file to your system. Adiyen,Dasan,Thiruppathi RaguveeradayalC/O SRIRANGAM SRIMAD ANDAVAN ASHRAMAM,THIRUPPULLANI 62353204567-254242/ /919443301091http://thiruppul. blogspot. comhttp://rajamragu. spaces.live. com

1 of 1 File(s)

Appeal for funds for kainkaryams.docx

Dear all:

In my previous mail, I missed including the "Excerpts". Here it is.

Dasoham

Anbil Ramaswamy

===============================================================================This is precisely what we have been highlighting all through.

This is precisely why we have incorporated Paragraph 10 of Guidelines for posting "Appeals for funds" in "Sri Ranga Sri" (excerpts of which are given below).

Please take a moment to read through and reflect. Moderator----------------------- EXCERPTS

Dear Bhagavatas:

Of late we find a lot of postings with “Appeal for funds for this, that or other Kainkaryams”.

It has become our painful duty to bring to the notice of those who wish to post such appeals to read Paragraph 10 of the Guidelines

The Guidelines seem to be honored more in their breach than in their observance.

The relevant Paragraph is copied below for ready reference.

===============================================================

"10. APPEALS FOR FUNDS:

Would anyone venture to appeal for funds for an avowedly unworthy cause?

No appeal for funds is normally made except under the cloak of some "worthy" cause or other.

The money spinning technique of con artists to beguile the gullible and credulous folks by playing upon their humanitarian emotions and sympathy have been so perfected that the pretext of "helping a worthy cause" is routinely touted as a useful ploy.

(For example, a recent appeal was for a medical treatment that was found to be false).

We should not fall for these.

The same holds good for the some of the much too numerous appeals for funds for this, that or the other "Kainkaryams" flashed on the Internet day in and day out impacting on the sentimental susceptibilities of Bhaagavatas.

Complaints have surfaced, of late, regarding misuse of funds collected in the name of so called "worthy projects" and the so called “trusts” have forfeited their trust because most of them mushroom fast and disappear faster without a trace but not without the moneys collected!

This is not to discourage wholesale anyone donating to worthy causes.

This is only to inform you of the golden rule:

“USE YOUR HEAD MORE THAN YOUR HEART WHILE GIVING TO CHARITIES”.

Investigate the genuineness of the solicitors and their background before you decide.

This is not to say that all appeals are of this kind.

IMPORTANT:

EACH AND EVERY APPEAL MADE ON BEHALF OF MATAMS AND ASHRAMAMS SHOULD BEAR THE SPECIFIC OFFICIAL SPONSORING IN WRITING - PERSONALLY BY THE YATIVARAS CONCERNED. MERELY DROPPING THE NAMES OF ACHARYAS WILL NOT BE ENOUGH!

Also, allowing appeals on behalf of a particular organization (Mutt /Asramam) will have the effect of showing in poor light other Mutts / Asramams whcih as a matter of principle, do not encourage public fund raising efforts. So, as a matter of policy, the Guidelines will be enforced strictly in future lest we should be accused of partiality.

Apeals solicited by individuals or groups of individuals for funds for whatever "Kainkaryam" (whether through organizations registered as “Trust” or not) will not be allowed UNLESS SOLICITORS PROVIDE -

(i) A personal appeal in writing on their letter heads by one or more of the YathisrEshTas specifically requesting funds for the specific purpose.

(ii) Officially acknowledging the receipt of contributions collected

(iii) Utilization of the funds fully and precisely for the purposes for which they are mobilized through their appeals in Sri Ranga Sri.

(iv) Proof that adequate audit and accounting are in place to the entire satisfaction of the donors both at the collection end and the utilization end

(v) A commitment in writing from the solicitors undertaking responsibility and personally indemnifying the donors against any inconvenience or loss due to any irregularity that might come to light at any time, with regard to their solicitation.

(This is very important. This is a very valid point which several Bhaagavatas have brought to our notice)

In the absence of such undertaking, we may be seen as encouraging indiscriminate fund-raising appeals and also become liable for any potential legal action later on - given the conduct of numerous trusts that have mushroomed and disappeared with the collections”

===============================================================================

This applies also to Moderator, Co-Moderator and all members of our Board of Advisory Consultants (BAC) and Internal Resource Panel (IRP). While we have great regard for them personally, such postings by them invite adverse comments from readers who convey through phone and direct conversations, their displeasure and annoyance at receiving far too many and far too frequent appeals

We request all that from now on individual appeals for fund raisings (whether directly expressed or veiled covertly camouflaged in any part of the texts), for this, that or the other cause WILL BE REJECTED FORTHWITH unless they conform to the conditions enumerated above.

Please be warned that unless the requirements of Paragraph 10 are fully and strictly adhered to, such postings will be rejected forthwith. If anyone persists in sending such messages that do not conform to the above, their membership of

“Sri Ranga Sri” will be terminated without notice.

If anyone wishes to donate any funds for any Kainkaryam, they can do so from out of their personal funds (as was done in the case of Tiru Anbil Dwajasthambham Kainkaryam without collecting funds from the public) or through private collections from their personal friends.

We wish to reiterate that “Sri Ranga Sri” IS NOT the forum for such appeals that do not conform to the terms contained in Paragraph 10 cited.

Besides annoying the readers, this also places us in an embarrassing situation.

We request them to understand and cooperate with us and save us from such accusations.

Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.

Dasoham

Anbil Ramaswamy

For and on behalf of Members of Board of Advisory Consultants (BAC)

and Internal Resource Panel (IRP) of SDDS & SRS ==================================================================================

rajamragu; andavan ; oppiliappan ; RamanujaMission ; ; raghavanvee; krupa; kalyanapuramamudan; sadagopan.iyengar; yennappan; r_sv; vasans2008; rsoundar; shrirr; ramanramanujan; hayagreeva_tcsFrom: rraghu5Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 05:05:53 -0800 Re: an appeal

adiyen dasan

This mail may be of a surprise and shock to many but this is what i wanted to write to one and all for a long time, but did not get the courage to do so but today when i was reading Srimad Ramayana which was written and printed long back i got the courage to do so, may god Sri Sita Rama and Sri Hanuman give me the blessing.

Many of you had been sending money to many when they ask for but have any one of you had checked that they money had been used for the purpose for which it was sent. We think that when we are asked we do so out of sympathy or think that is god's command, but how many of you think that one and all had been taken for a ride and the money sent is not spent for what it was meant for.

Whoever asks for money, just make sure you get a proper receipt and try to find out if the money goes for the purpose for which it was sent.

Let me give all of you an example, Some years back one person from United States came to India. He was asked that he should bear the cost of constructing old age homes, and without a second thought he gave a cheque for a huge amount, but till now the old age home had not been constructed nor any land got for that purpose. When he came to check it, he was not respected at all.

So, please I am not saying that you should not send money, but please do check that it is used for the purpose for which it is sent and try to get the account and find if the papers are correct, and find out the money spent is worth it.

Many would say am a drohi but this is god's command to me. So please do take care when all of you send money in future please cross check and find out.

The donor has every right to know - so, use it

adiyen dasan

raghunathan r.

T.Raguveeradayal <rajamragu (AT) rediffmail (DOT) com>andavan <andavan >; oppiliappan <oppiliappan >; RamanujaMission ; ; raghavanvee ; Mukund <krupa (AT) singnet (DOT) com.sg>; kalyanapuramamudan (AT) (DOT) co.in; sadagopan iyengar <sadagopan.iyengar >; Sadagopan <yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net>; Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_sv@ .com>; srinivasan s <vasans2008 >; Soundar <rsoundar >; RR <shrirr >; raman ramanuja iyengar <ramanramanujan (AT) (DOT) co.uk>; haya greeva <hayagreeva_tcs >Sun, 24 January, 2010 19:37:27 "Dhvarai" -- From "SamrakshaNee" adiyen dasasya vignaapanam. Another article by Sri Ramaswami Dasan ( Sri T.C. Srinivasan swamy says it is that famous Sri D.Ramaswamy Iyengar) in the 1940 February issue of "SamrakshaNee" monthly under title "Dhvarai" can be read and enjoyed at http://rajamragu. spaces.live. com

adiyen learn that among the handful of few visitors to my blog , a few take print outs of the articles for leisurely reading. They have to select and print. To make the job easy, here is another simple method. Just log on to www.pdfmyurl. com give the name of the site's url, for example, http://rajamragu. spaces.live. com and hit on the "P" symbol on the right side. You can get the the site as pdf within seconds. You can thus save any website of your choice as pdf

In my other blog http://thiruppul. blogspot. com you can find a link at the end of the blog post "Download as pdf" There just click on it and instantly you will get that particular post as pdf file to your system. Adiyen,Dasan,Thiruppathi RaguveeradayalC/O SRIRANGAM SRIMAD ANDAVAN ASHRAMAM,THIRUPPULLANI 62353204567-254242/ /919443301091http://thiruppul. blogspot. comhttp://rajamragu. spaces.live. com