IndiaDivine.org

An introspection

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Bagavathas

Adiyen Dasan

A few days ago an article appeared in a news paper on which I was compelled to write a forceful rejoinder. It was in two parts: (i) I took strong exception to comapring an Acharya Mahanubava to a worthless person and (ii) I doubted the intentions of a priest of a foreign religion talking good about Shri Vaishnavam

As it turns out unfortunately I got the first part wrong - the St. Francis who was referred to by the Prof. was not the St. Francis of Goa but another saint. I got it wrong for two reasons: (i) We all know only the one of Goa 'fame' and apparently not may other St. Francises and (ii) I did not do enough research - there is no excuse for this. Although I still have concerns about comparing Swamy Desika to an unknown person and to know whom we could get digressed. So while I got it correct for 50% i missed on the fact and so lost on the other 50% of the first part.

Which leaves us with the second part - the intention - while no one but Sriman Narayana alone knows the real intention of these missionaries, as Barathavamsha nivasas, we have all been conditioned by what happened not so long ago (namely foreign rule) the aftermath of which we all feel even today. So we should be cautious of any potential mischief - which is only reinforced by another article that has been posted by a bagavatha.

So eventhough i got one half of the first point wrong (and i apologise for that) the main concern still holds good.

We all will draw individual inferences from this episode. As for me it is what the poorvacharyas emphasised - stick to anushtanams and always be reminded of Lord Narayana's kalyana gunas. We should also remain alert to any potential manipulations by external elements of which there is a real and apparent danger.

I hope the moderators do post this. Please write to my personal ids to express your individual views. If my views have made fellow Bagavathas get distracted from their daily anushtanams I sincerely ask for your forgiveness.

Thank you and best regards

Adiyen Dasan

Ramji