IndiaDivine.org

Sri Mahalakshmi Sthuthi( contd-1)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Swamin / Mathusri

Sri Alavandar's excellent sthuthi on Sri Mahalakshmi is called " Chathusloki". Stotras like these came to pour in from such of these mahacharyars from the days of Sri Kulasekhara Azhvar, who gave "Shri Mukunda Mala" to us. This is first grantha in "stotra" style which has been followed and nurtured by subsequent mahacharyals like Shri Alavandar( Kindly see adiyen's book Marupadiyum Piraviya? Bhagavanin Thiruvadiya? )

Shri Alavandar's " Chathusloki" is the first "stotra" on Sri Mahalakshmi( Piratti) afterwhich countless mahacharyals followed suit

Shri Alavandar exclaims:--

Oh, Sarvalokalokesvari!how can I say your fame. glory, mahathmym!They are all countless, limitless. But,your name is in one " Akshra" i.e. " Shri"

Hey, Mahalakshmi! Without your anugraha, nobody can get happiness either in this Universe, or in other worlds now and ever!

Hey, Piratti!even your Nayakan( Emperuman) does not know your greatness/ eminence/fame/pride just likeHe does not know HIs own. There was fear in my mind( because of countless sins)to observe surrender in your lotus feet. But after surrender I am relieved from the fear and with your grace, I am beginning to worship you by stotras ( Sthuthi)

Shri Bhashyakarar ( Shri Ramanujar), during " Pankuni Uthram" day at Srirangam made absolute surrender

before the Divine Couple ( Divya thambathi--Namperumal & periapirattiyar) At that time He made " Gadya thrayam" In His Saranagathi gadya He proclaims thus:--

Hey, treasure of countless kalyana guna, morethan equalising in gunas and giving everlasting happiness to Emperuman, having sudhha sathva sareera( sacred), having all worlds, all wealth on your own, directing all the creatures, clearing the sorrow of endless births and deaths of atmas who took refuge under your lotus feet, ever residing in the sacred chest of Emperuman, affectionate morethan a mother

hey, Periya piratti, who gives refuge to the souls who could not protect themselves and who desired to seek refuge under you, adiyen takes refuge under your lotus feet by surrendering myself and also giving the benefit of such suirrender to you

Shri Kooraththazhvan in his " Sristhava" says briefly the important role played by the "Piratti" ( Sri Ranganayaki --Sri Mahalakshmi)as the mother of universe. Not only these, Sri Parasara Battar says in detail the important position accorded to Sri Mahalakshmias the Presioding Deity just like Emperuman( Sri Ranganathan) This is "mithunam"

This " Mithunam" may protect us. This "Mithunam" may intrude in your mind forcing you to take part in the noble kainkaryam of constructing " Thaayaar SAnnidhi" at Gopurapatti

Sarvam Sree Hayagreeva preeyathaamDasanUruppattur SoundararajanSrikainkarya

Please contact Srikainkarya ( Uruppattur Soundararajan)

F5, Chandra Flats 90, Brindavan Street, West Mambalam, Chennai--600033

PH;--044/24843986

Mobile:--94441 43685

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.