IndiaDivine.org

Fw: Heart burning appeal from Villankuppam gettam thirumalai Parthasarathy swamy,Westmambalam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

--- On Thu, 29/10/09, skyaasoori <skyaasoori1 wrote:skyaasoori <skyaasoori1Heart burning appeal from Villankuppam gettam thirumalai Parthasarathy swamy,Westmambalam"doosee_maamandoour" <doosee_maamandoourThursday, 29 October, 2009, 2:56 PM

Dear members, Kindly go through the given appeal and do the needful from your end. dasan doosee Dated: 28th Oct..2009 Dear All. I am from Vilankuppam Gattam Thirumalai Thathachariar Vamsam and I would like

to bring to your kind notice the following Lord Srinivasa Temple at Vilankuppam Village in Polur taluk was constructed during 1212 AD by our forefathers. The history of the temple is given for information . Myself along with Elanagar Sriman.V.Krishna thathachariar and Elanagar Sriman E.S.Kannan visited Vilankuppam recently to know the condition of the temple and are very much upset/ surprised to know from the local elders that the temple is no more there . But we found some traces of temple there and well built agraharam. Unfortunately there is no thathachariar family / Vaishnavite family living there. My Grandfather and other relatives themselves left the village some sixty years back.. In this juncture I look forward active support and participation from all families belonging to Vilankuppam poorveegam and interested Bagavathas.. Since most of the families belonging to Vilankuppam are dispersed, We are tracing and locating the families

and request them to contact me at the below given address and contact Nos. Once sufficient no of members are located, all can meet, form opinion reg construction of temple , then a trust can be formed, finalise the strategy to be adopted and to decide what can be done to construct the temple again and how to go about funding etc. Let us all rejoin again by involving in this Bagavath Seva and get poorna anugraham of Lord Srinivasa. In this connection I would like to inform you that the temple constructed by our forefathers in Elanagar near Uthiramerur was in bad condition and the temple was renovated and Samprokshanam performed in April 2005. Pradishtai of Swamy Desikan uthsava moorthy was also done last month. I request all to locate all our Vilankuppam poorveegam family members and collect their Addresses and contact Nos and inform adiyen to proceed further. Regards Villankuppam Gettam Thirumai Parthasarathy Dasan D.Parthasarathy Old No.8/3

Postal Colony Third Street West Mambalam Chennai 600033 E.Mail : dpsarathy1950 Phone : 43512329/9677012329 Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha Humble pranams to all from Vilankuppam Gettam Thirumalai Parthasarathy Thatha Dasan. Gettam Thatha Desikan -1152 AD Thatha Desikan , Son of Vishnu Chithan belongs to the vamsa of Peria Thirumalai nambi one of the Acharyas of Swami Ramanuja. He was born in the year Angiras Vaisaga month Sravana Natchathiram Kali 4254.( As per Vakia Kanitham Kali 4253) As per the proof of Astronomical data vide Epirgraphia India Record of the Archological survey of India Part IV – Vol XVI page Nos 78,176,260. He had his father as Acharya and learnt all Sastras .He started doing Kaingaryams for Thiruvengadamudayan. He used to fetch water from Akasa gangai for Thirumanjanam. In order to get poorna kadatcham of lord he neglected Salt and Started growing Beard. He dedicated himself to Lord thiruvengadamudayan. 7

years have passed and on one day when he was bringing water from Akasa gangai for thirumanjanam, one yadava came across and asked water for drinking...He gave the water to the yadava. As the remaining water was not to be used for thirumanjanam, he again went to Akasagangai and fetched water after completing snanadhis. Again the yadva came across and asked for water which he again gave. The same process of fetching water and giving water to yadava continued for some more no.of times. At one stage Thathadesikan Swooned and asked the yadava who you are and why he is repeatedly interrupting the Thirumanjana Kaingaryam of thiruvenkatamudayan. Lord Thiruvenkatamudayan (Sangu chakra paniyai) gave darshan to thathadasan and With affection touched the Beard of the Thathadasan and asked him to Eastablish Five perumal Sannadhis along with Agraharams in five villages namely Elanagar, Vilankuppam, Natteri, Karumbur, Paiyur .and the same is to be done thro his five

sons for which the Lord blessed. Accordingly Five sons were born to Thathadasan and as per the niyamanam of the Lord Five sannadhis in the five above mentioned villages with agraharams established and Thathadasan himself performed Samprokshanams and nithya Aradanam were conducted years together. Samprokshanam done in year 1212AD. Angirasa Puratasi Sranvana natchathiram In Telugu Gettam means Beard (Dadi in tamil). From that day on wards the Thathachariars were given the title Theertha Kaingaryam Gettam Thirumalai Thathachariars. (All informations from Elanagar Srinivasa Perumal Thirukoil uthsava malar 2005) Vilankuppam Village located Polur-vellore route in Polur taluk .

Keep up with people you care about with India Mail. Learn how.