IndiaDivine.org

unbleached dhothies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

dear swaminsi have an unusual query for our group membersi have a large set of unbleached dhoties (karikan) 10 * 6, 9 * 5 and 8 * 4i want to bleach them to make them whitei wanted info about how to bleach them at home with washing soda etc (procedure) pls help me in this regardthnksdasanvenkateshrangarajan venkatesh

Try the new India Homepage.

Hello,If you have clorox solution, soak it for 15 min and then wash it. Or chlorinated water would do it. Ask in any pharmacy about it they will guide you in India.In US you can buy bleach for white clothings and add it for bleaching.Padma--- On Mon, 11/2/09, rangarajan venkatesh <venkyr13 wrote:rangarajan venkatesh <venkyr13 unbleached dhothies"andavan" <andavan >Monday, November 2, 2009, 6:49 AM

dear swaminsi have an unusual query for our group membersi have a large set of unbleached dhoties (karikan) 10 * 6, 9 * 5 and 8 * 4i want to bleach them to make them whitei wanted info about how to bleach them at home with washing soda etc (procedure) pls help me in this regardthnksdasanvenkateshrangarajan venkatesh

Hi.

If you are in India you could use Rin fabric bleach (liquid). If the dhotis have coloured borders, tie them up first with a cord and soak the middle portion of the dhoti in hot water with fabric bleach fo half an hour. Rinse and Dry them in the sun. later wash them with normal detergent.

Hope this has been of help.Manjula Rajagopalan--- On Mon, 11/2/09, rangarajan venkatesh <venkyr13 wrote:

rangarajan venkatesh <venkyr13 unbleached dhothies"andavan" <andavan >Monday, November 2, 2009, 6:49 AM