IndiaDivine.org

Srirangam Srimath Anadavan Veda Patasalai

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sreemathe Rangaramanuja Mahadesikaya Namaha

I made a visit to Srirangam Srimath Andavan Ashramam Veda Paatasaalai, functioning at North Chitra Street. adjacent to our Ashramam's Swamy Desikan Sannathi.

I understand that this was the brain child of our Ashramam Acharyan, Srimath thirukkudanthai Andavan Swamigal

This Patasalai is under the able leadership of H.H. and assisted by a Principal, Sri R. Srinivasa Raghavan, P.hd., Vice Principal Sri Madhavan , P.hd. and a few other highly qualified staff members.

There are students doing Sironmani and beyond also to M.Phil, P.hds.

Regular courses are on 8 Std.,10 Std.,OSLC, Rig Vedam,Yajur Vedam, Saama Vedam, Divya Prabhandam, Harikatha, Pancharathra Agamam etc.

I learnt that there are 65 students studying at different levels.

The boys are taught proficiency in English, computer operations in both hardware and software.

I took some video clips of the Patasalai in action andyou enjoy watching . You will be able to appreciate the efforts taken by our Ashramam in spread of Vedic studies.

Prakirtham Andavan is instrumental in starting similar such Patasalas at atleaset ten more places, leading among them is the one at Tiruchanur, near Tirupathi.

When you visit Srirangam, or Tiruchanur or other places of our Patasalas, please make sure to visit them and enjoy seeing the young boys reciting vedas so fluently.

This is a major effort from H.H. to preserve Hindu Dharma in our country as well as abroad.

Please visit the attached youtube video clippings taken at Srirangam Veda Patasaalai of our Andavan Ashramam.

The photographs can be seen at the picasa web album.

Video clips link :

www.youtube.com/rsrinivasan1

http://picasaweb.google.com/rangaswamy.srinivasan/SrirangamAndavanAshramamVedaPaatsaalai

Daasan,

R.Srinivasan