IndiaDivine.org

Srirangam Periashramam of Srimath Andavan Ashramam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sreemathe RangaRamanuja Mahadesikaya Namaha

Sri Ramanuja Mission INC. carries with it a caption of " a branch of Srimath Andavan Periashramam". Many of you may not have visited this Periashramam located on the banks of River Coleroon, a tributary of River Cauvery. Lord Sri Ranganatha Temple is located in between these two rivers.

This Periashramam may be called as the head quarters of Srirangam Srimath andavan Ashramam, as it originated from here.Our Acharyan, Periandavan Srimath Srinvasa Mahadesikan has been living in this Ashramam centuries back, the history of which can be seen in both our Ashramam web sites, www.andavan.org and www..org.

Thirukkudanthai Andavan also carried on His Ashramam duties at this place for several decades.

Both Periandavan and Thirukkudanthai Andavan's Archa Murthy Sannathis are installed at this place. These Sannathis are built over their Brindavanams. Thirumanajanams are performed for the Archa Murthys on all important dates as per Ashramam calender, more so on their thirunakshatrams every month.

This campus is very much adjacent to Chinnashramam, about which, I sent out mails and photographs last week to our . The campus is large one with natural green surroundings.

I am attaching with this picasa web photos taken by me during my visit to that place on 8th November,2009. Please enjoy seeing them.The photos are provided with captions.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rangaswamy.srinivasan/SrirangamPeriashramamBrindavanamsOfPeriandavanTirukkudanthaiAndavan

Daasan,

R.Srinivasan.