IndiaDivine.org

Samasrayanam & Baranyasam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Srimathe Rangaramanuja Mahadesikaya NamahaCan anyone clarify;A girl belonging to Madam & had SAMASRAYANAM before marriageis married to Munithrayam boy then should she get SAMASRAYANAM again from

Srimath Andavan after marriage as ACHARYAS gets changed ?Adiyen

Dear Swamis,

I recently visited Chinna Azhagiyasingar and this question came into the topic

somehow. He said exactly the same thing that RR swami said. But he also

generalized it by saying that it doesn't matter who the previous acharyan is. So

the girl would have to do Samasrayanam again after wedding, if the acharyan in

groom's household is different from her parent's.

Please forgive me if I misunderstood this.

adiyen dasan

Gokul

andavan , RR <shrirr wrote:

>

> Dear All,

>

> This is an oft repeated question - the answer is very delicate in this male

> dominated world {sometimes that domination is enabled or activated by the

> women in the groom's household}.

>

> Saastras do not forbid a girl from having Samasrayanam before marriage. Once

> she does that, she is expected to recite the Thanian of her Acharya

> everyday.

>

> In the instant case, she was expected to recite the Thanian of Srimad

> Azhagiyasingar daily.

>

> After marriage, she automatically becomes the Sishya of Andavan Asramam {Why

> the reverse is not happening is a moot point fo which Maha Vidwans should

> find an answer soon as this is likely become a Female Dominated Society very

> soon - sooner than most of our expectations}.

>

> Currently, the answer is YES - she has to perform Smasrayanam again and

> recite Srimad Andavan's Thanian henceforth.

>

> BUT - here is the delicate situation - she cannot stop {OR be stopped from}

> reciting the Thanian of HH Azhagiyasingar also.

>

> Adiyen hopes that the M - I - L would be willing to accept that. Stopping

> that is a grave offence.

>

> Adiyen will also get this again confirmed by HH.

>

> Daasan RR

> ________________________________

> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_svwrote:

>

>

> > Dear Sri Vasudevan,

> > To my knowledge, Samasrayanam for

> > girls is done after marriage only. Even in Matam, this must be the

> > practice.Please check. When it is done after marriage, it is the practice ,

> > she follows her husband.

> > daasan,

> > RS

> >

> > ------------------------------

> > ** vaasudevan srinivasan <svaasudevan

> > *To:* andavan

> > *Sent:* Mon, November 23, 2009 7:46:53 AM

> > *Subject:* Samasrayanam & Baranyasam

> >

> >

> >

> > Srimathe Rangaramanuja Mahadesikaya Namaha

> >

> > Can anyone clarify;

> >

> > A girl belonging to Madam & had SAMASRAYANAM before marriage

> > is married to Munithrayam boy then should she get SAMASRAYANAM again from

> > Srimath Andavan after marriage as ACHARYAS gets changed ?

> >

> > Adiyen

> >

Dear Bhagavathas,

I have one more question with samasrayanam and baranyasam. Can women after marriage take samasrayanam and baranyasam before her husband? Suppose men decide to do it at later stage of life and wife is eager to get samasrayanam at earliest possible, would our acharya (Andavan swamigal) consider giving samasrayanam only to wife?

Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya ||

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree--- On Tue, 24/11/09, gokulakn <gokulakn wrote:

gokulakn <gokulakn Re: Samasrayanam & Baranyasamandavan Date: Tuesday, 24 November, 2009, 2:56 PM

Dear Swamis,I recently visited Chinna Azhagiyasingar and this question came into the topic somehow. He said exactly the same thing that RR swami said. But he also generalized it by saying that it doesn't matter who the previous acharyan is. So the girl would have to do Samasrayanam again after wedding, if the acharyan in groom's household is different from her parent's. Please forgive me if I misunderstood this.adiyen dasanGokulandavan@ .com, RR <shrirr wrote:>> Dear All,> > This is an oft repeated question - the answer is very delicate in this male> dominated world {sometimes that domination is enabled or activated by the> women in the groom's household}.> > Saastras do not

forbid a girl from having Samasrayanam before marriage. Once> she does that, she is expected to recite the Thanian of her Acharya> everyday.> > In the instant case, she was expected to recite the Thanian of Srimad> Azhagiyasingar daily.> > After marriage, she automatically becomes the Sishya of Andavan Asramam {Why> the reverse is not happening is a moot point fo which Maha Vidwans should> find an answer soon as this is likely become a Female Dominated Society very> soon - sooner than most of our expectations} .> > Currently, the answer is YES - she has to perform Smasrayanam again and> recite Srimad Andavan's Thanian henceforth.> > BUT - here is the delicate situation - she cannot stop {OR be stopped from}> reciting the Thanian of HH Azhagiyasingar also.> > Adiyen hopes that the M - I - L would be willing to accept that.

Stopping> that is a grave offence.> > Adiyen will also get this again confirmed by HH.> > Daasan RR> ____________ _________ _________ __> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_svwrote:> > > > Dear Sri Vasudevan,> > To my knowledge, Samasrayanam for> > girls is done after marriage only. Even in Matam, this must be the> > practice.Please check. When it is done after marriage, it is the practice ,> > she follows her husband.> > daasan,> > RS> >> > ------------ --------- ---------> > ** vaasudevan srinivasan <svaasudevan@ ...>> > *To:* andavan@ .com> > *Sent:* Mon, November

23, 2009 7:46:53 AM> > *Subject:* Samasrayanam & Baranyasam> >> >> >> > Srimathe Rangaramanuja Mahadesikaya Namaha> >> > Can anyone clarify;> >> > A girl belonging to Madam & had SAMASRAYANAM before marriage> > is married to Munithrayam boy then should she get SAMASRAYANAM again from> > Srimath Andavan after marriage as ACHARYAS gets changed ?> >> > Adiyen> >

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

Certainly can.

Padmasani Sowmia --- On Tue, 11/24/09, Jayashree <jayashree_n_b wrote:

Jayashree <jayashree_n_bRe: Re: Samasrayanam & Baranyasamandavan Date: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 5:25 AM

Dear Bhagavathas,

I have one more question with samasrayanam and baranyasam. Can women after marriage take samasrayanam and baranyasam before her husband? Suppose men decide to do it at later stage of life and wife is eager to get samasrayanam at earliest possible, would our acharya (Andavan swamigal) consider giving samasrayanam only to wife?

Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya ||

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree--- On Tue, 24/11/09, gokulakn <gokulakn > wrote:

gokulakn <gokulakn > Re: Samasrayanam & Baranyasamandavan@ .comTuesday, 24 November, 2009, 2:56 PM

Dear Swamis,I recently visited Chinna Azhagiyasingar and this question came into the topic somehow. He said exactly the same thing that RR swami said. But he also generalized it by saying that it doesn't matter who the previous acharyan is. So the girl would have to do Samasrayanam again after wedding, if the acharyan in groom's household is different from her parent's. Please forgive me if I misunderstood this.adiyen dasanGokulandavan@ .com, RR <shrirr wrote:>> Dear All,> > This is an oft repeated question - the answer is very delicate in this male> dominated world {sometimes that domination is enabled or activated by the> women in the groom's household}.> > Saastras do not forbid a girl from having Samasrayanam before

marriage. Once> she does that, she is expected to recite the Thanian of her Acharya> everyday.> > In the instant case, she was expected to recite the Thanian of Srimad> Azhagiyasingar daily.> > After marriage, she automatically becomes the Sishya of Andavan Asramam {Why> the reverse is not happening is a moot point fo which Maha Vidwans should> find an answer soon as this is likely become a Female Dominated Society very> soon - sooner than most of our expectations} .> > Currently, the answer is YES - she has to perform Smasrayanam again and> recite Srimad Andavan's Thanian henceforth.> > BUT - here is the delicate situation - she cannot stop {OR be stopped from}> reciting the Thanian of HH Azhagiyasingar also.> > Adiyen hopes that the M - I - L would be willing to accept that. Stopping> that is a grave offence.>

> Adiyen will also get this again confirmed by HH.> > Daasan RR> ____________ _________ _________ __> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_svwrote:> > > > Dear Sri Vasudevan,> > To my knowledge, Samasrayanam for> > girls is done after marriage only. Even in Matam, this must be the> > practice.Please check. When it is done after marriage, it is the practice ,> > she follows her husband.> > daasan,> > RS> >> > ------------ --------- ---------> > ** vaasudevan srinivasan <svaasudevan@ ...>> > *To:* andavan@ .com> > *Sent:* Mon, November 23, 2009 7:46:53 AM> > *Subject:* Samasrayanam & Baranyasam>

>> >> >> > Srimathe Rangaramanuja Mahadesikaya Namaha> >> > Can anyone clarify;> >> > A girl belonging to Madam & had SAMASRAYANAM before marriage> > is married to Munithrayam boy then should she get SAMASRAYANAM again from> > Srimath Andavan after marriage as ACHARYAS gets changed ?> >> > Adiyen> >

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.