IndiaDivine.org

please clarify

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Respected  group membersI have a confusion which I put forth for clarification.I am married for 15 years now.I have been celeberating all festivals following the practices taught by my mother- in- law.But recently I came to know that some of such practices were not of our forefathers, but of my

mother- in- laws paternal practices(மாமியாரின௠பிறநà¯à®¤à®¹à®¤à¯à®¤à¯ வழகà¯à®•à®™à¯à®•à®³à¯ ).Now I am in a fix,  whether  to follow the original practices or to continue what I have been practicing.Please clarify me.Pranamsranjani

--- On Wed, 25/11/09, LAKSHMI NARASIMHAN NARAYANAN <n_lakshmi_narasimhan wrote:

LAKSHMI NARASIMHAN NARAYANAN <n_lakshmi_narasimhanRE: please clarifyssapsbm, k.vaikunth, ravi.ranganathanDate: Wednesday, 25 November, 2009, 1:50 AM

Swami, There are certain practices which is adopted from Family Elders which can be carried out even if it is not as per sastra but ultimately it should not violate the sastras prescribed for an example During the Month of Purataisi saturdays we have practice of making mavilaku to Perumal but there is no reference to such kind of practice in the sastras , The other good example which i observed is during kaikariyams in the south of Tamilnadu we will not use the ladies finger vegetable whereas in the northern tamil nadu side they will use ladiesfinger vegetables which is based upon the pervailing practice of the area. All though i m not a learned counsel of sastra i try to explain in birdview manner, However it is always better to check with pandits as suggested by Eyetex Mama. Dasan N.Lakshmi Narasimhan.

Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:08:30 +0530ssapsbmSubject: Fw: Re: please clarifyn_lakshmi_narasimhan; k.vaikunth; ravi.ranganathan

your commentsdasan kesavan --- On Wed, 25/11/09, RR <shrirr wrote:

RR <shrirrRe: please clarifyandavan Date: Wednesday, 25 November, 2009, 1:06 AM

This is a very general question - cannot be answered that easily.

Best way is to check with leading Brihaspathis - Suggest that U contact Ganapati Govindachar Swami {Principal of our Srimath Andavan Veda Patasala at Vaduvur} at 9443448834.

If U are calling from outside TN, a suffix of 0 is needed. He will clarify ur specific doubts. Where he has a doubt, he will get these clarified by Ganapati Veda Baashyam Sri Veeravalli Srinivasa Desikachariar {Asramam Srikaryam & one of the great authorities in Dharma Saastras}.

Regards

Daasan RR

____________ _________

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 2:03 PM, ranjani ragavan <ragavanranjani@ gmail.com> wrote:

Respected group membersI have a confusion which I put forth for clarification.I am married for 15 years now.I have been celeberating all festivals following the practices taught by my mother- in- law.But recently I came to know that some of such practices were not of our forefathers, but of my mother- in- laws paternal practices(மாமியாரின௠பிறநà¯à®¤à®¹à®¤à¯à®¤à¯ வழகà¯à®•à®™à¯à®•à®³à¯ ).Now I am in a fix, whether to follow the original practices or to continue what I have been practicing.Please clarify me.Pranamsranjani

-- Heartfelt thanks & Warmest RegardsRR____________ _________ ______R Rajagopal,Managing Partner,ARAVIND LABORATORIES,New No 11, Old No 7,Chakrapani Street,Chennai 600 033.INDIAPh: 9144 2483 8585 - Office 9144 2249 1971 - Factory 9144 2484 0468 - Fax 9193850 50002 - Mobile, 9194440 57848 - Mobile ____________ _________ ______Please visit us at:http://www.eyetex. com

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

New Windows 7: Simplify what you do everyday. Find the right PC for you.

Respected Group Members,

I have been hearing from Mr.Velukudi Krishnan that Athma & Body are different. Also he says that this is told very much in Bhgavath Geetha. Further Athma is not subject to Death & is immortal. If this is so, then for whom & why are we performing shradhham? How then it is connected? Can this be clarified.

Regards,

R.Rajagopal

rajagopalan srinivasan srinivasan <jambakamandavan Sent: Thu, 26 November, 2009 6:41:01 PMRe: please clarify

Dear Sir,

When you come to know of the correct position, please follow the procedure of your forefathers in future. This will give you enough comfort both mentally and physically.

With regards,

adeiyan

R. Srinivasan

ranjani ragavan <ragavanranjani@ gmail.com>andavan@ .comWed, 25 November, 2009 2:03:16 PM please clarify

Respected group membersI have a confusion which I put forth for clarification.I am married for 15 years now.I have been celeberating all festivals following the practices taught by my mother- in- law.But recently I came to know that some of such practices were not of our forefathers, but of my mother- in- laws paternal practices(மாமியாரின௠பிறநà¯à®¤à®¹à®¤à¯à®¤à¯ வழகà¯à®•à®™à¯à®•à®³à¯ ).Now I am in a fix, whether to follow the original practices or to continue what I have been practicing.Please clarify me.Pranamsranjani