IndiaDivine.org

clarification about ashtaka and anvashtaka

Rate this topic

Guest guest

For this year, it is as stated in Paduka magazine. If necessary, you may cross check with some other panchnagams also. Sri Desika Darsana Diary cofirms the same.Daasan,

R.Srinivasan

narayanan ramaswamy <ramnarayanan1964andavan Sent: Sat, 30 January, 2010 2:47:07 PM clarification about ashtaka and anvashtaka

Dear Swamin

I refer to my earlier mail last week about the above subject. Generally ashtaka and anvashtaka comes in Masi month and this time our paduka says in thai itself (6th and 7th of feb 2010) can u please confirm we have to do the tharpanams in feb 2010 only.

regards

with the blessings of our acharyan

dasan

r.narayanan

Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_svandavan <andavan >; ramanuja mission Sat, January 23, 2010 7:05:41 PM www.andavan.org- Usage Statistics [2 Attachments]

Sreemathe Rangaramanuja Mahadesikaya Namaha

As regular users of www.andavan. org, you may interested to know some statistics about the usage worldwide by our devotees.

Microsoft Front page provides the support from this angle. It is able to provide upto date statistics horly hits, daily hits,monthly hits as well as worldwide countries accessing our web site. I am attaching with this the statistics as a matter of information. From the statistics, it gives me satisfaction as the administrator of the web site, that the web site has been useful to many hundreds of users world wide on a daily basis. I am attaching the latest statistics for a particular month, October, 2009, for your information.

Daasan,

R.Srinivasan,

Administrator, www.andavan. org.

Your Mail works best with the New Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!.

Dear swamin

i understood from my brother, the sathyanarayana kovil panchangam it is mentioned as march 2010.due to this only i have requested this clarification. now i will do the tharpanams as per paduka. if you get any clarifications please inform.

regards

dasan

r.narayanan

Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_svandavan Sent: Sun, January 31, 2010 12:18:09 PMRe: clarification about ashtaka and anvashtaka

For this year, it is as stated in Paduka magazine. If necessary, you may cross check with some other panchnagams also. Sri Desika Darsana Diary cofirms the same.Daasan,

R.Srinivasan

narayanan ramaswamy <ramnarayanan1964@ >andavan@ .comSat, 30 January, 2010 2:47:07 PM clarification about ashtaka and anvashtaka

Dear Swamin

I refer to my earlier mail last week about the above subject. Generally ashtaka and anvashtaka comes in Masi month and this time our paduka says in thai itself (6th and 7th of feb 2010) can u please confirm we have to do the tharpanams in feb 2010 only.

regards

dasan

r.narayanan

Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_svandavan <andavan@ .com>; ramanuja mission <>Sat, January 23, 2010 7:05:41 PM www.andavan. org- Usage Statistics [2 Attachments]

As regular users of www.andavan. org, you may interested to know some statistics about the usage worldwide by our devotees.

Microsoft Front page provides the support from this angle. It is able to provide upto date statistics horly hits, daily hits,monthly hits as well as worldwide countries accessing our web site. I am attaching with this the statistics as a matter of information. From the statistics, it gives me satisfaction as the administrator of the web site, that the web site has been useful to many hundreds of users world wide on a daily basis. I am attaching the latest statistics for a particular month, October, 2009, for your information.

Daasan,

R.Srinivasan,

Your Mail works best with the New Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!.

Dear Swamin,Ashtaka and Anvashtakas are performed as per Lunar Calendar (Chandramanam) in the month of " Magha " . Generally this falls in the month of " Maasi " . However, this time, it falls in " Thai " itself. Hence, it is better if we follow the same as given in the " Paduka " .

dAsan,SudarsananOn Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 2:47 PM, narayanan ramaswamy <ramnarayanan1964 wrote:

Dear Swamin

regards

dasan

r.narayanan

Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_svandavan <andavan >; ramanuja mission

Sat, January 23, 2010 7:05:41 PM www.andavan.org- Usage Statistics [2 Attachments] 

Daasan,

R.Srinivasan,

Dear Swamin, The rule for Ashtaka and anvashtaka is that they should be observed on the Krishna paksha Ashtami and Navami which comes after Thai Amavasya..This year Thai Amavasya came on the first day of Thai itself and hence the Ashtaka has come in Thai masam itself.If the Thai Amavasya comes after 6th or so of Thai, then the Ashtaka would go to Masi..Hope the clarification is ok,Regards -kannan--- On Mon, 2/1/10, Santhanam Sudarsanan <santhanam.sudarsanan wrote:

Santhanam Sudarsanan <santhanam.sudarsananRe: clarification about ashtaka and anvashtakaandavan Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 2:18 PM

Dear Swamin,Ashtaka and Anvashtakas are performed as per Lunar Calendar (Chandramanam) in the month of "Magha". Generally this falls in the month of "Maasi". However, this time, it falls in "Thai" itself. Hence, it is better if we follow the same as given in the "Paduka".dAsan,Sudarsanan

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 2:47 PM, narayanan ramaswamy <ramnarayanan1964@ > wrote:

Dear Swamin

regards

dasan

r.narayanan

Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_svandavan <andavan@ .com>; ramanuja mission <>Sat, January 23, 2010 7:05:41 PM www.andavan. org- Usage Statistics [2 Attachments]

Daasan,

R.Srinivasan,

Dear Sir,

I shall be highly thankful if you can explain the importance of doing this astaka and anushtaka apart from other masa,amavasya,grahana and mahalaya tharpanams done during the year

Yours,

Ramamurthy

--- On Wed, 2/3/10, ramaswamy kannan <rk_1940 wrote:

ramaswamy kannan <rk_1940Re: clarification about ashtaka and anvashtakaandavan Date: Wednesday, February 3, 2010, 10:06 PM

Dear Swamin, The rule for Ashtaka and anvashtaka is that they should be observed on the Krishna paksha Ashtami and Navami which comes after Thai Amavasya..This year Thai Amavasya came on the first day of Thai itself and hence the Ashtaka has come in Thai masam itself.If the Thai Amavasya comes after 6th or so of Thai, then the Ashtaka would go to Masi..Hope the clarification is ok,Regards -kannan--- On Mon, 2/1/10, Santhanam Sudarsanan <santhanam.sudarsana n wrote:

Santhanam Sudarsanan <santhanam.sudarsana nRe: clarification about ashtaka and anvashtakaandavan@ .comMonday, February 1, 2010, 2:18 PM

Dear Swamin,Ashtaka and Anvashtakas are performed as per Lunar Calendar (Chandramanam) in the month of "Magha". Generally this falls in the month of "Maasi". However, this time, it falls in "Thai" itself. Hence, it is better if we follow the same as given in the "Paduka".dAsan,Sudarsanan

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 2:47 PM, narayanan ramaswamy <ramnarayanan1964@ > wrote:

Dear Swamin

regards

dasan

r.narayanan

Daasan,

R.Srinivasan,

Dear Sir,

Prashamsa of shradhan: One who does shradham with devotion will satisfy with happiness to Brahma, Indra, Rudra, Ashwinidevas, Surya, Agni, Vasu, Maaruta, Vishvedevas, pitruganas, birds, humans, animals, snakes, Rishis, Bhootaganas and entire world. Every month on Krishna paksha amavasya and Astakaa (Margashirsha, pushya, maagha, phalguna) month's astami days shradham has to be done. This are called Nityasradhas. Kaamyasradha' s kaalams are as follows: whenever one gets proper materials for shradham, or whenever proper brahmana visits the house and during vyatipaata dakshinayana- uttarayana' s sankranthi time are opt for kaamya shradha. During vishuvatpunya kaalam with surya-chandra grahanam, whenever surya joins other raashi sankranthi, kaamya shradham should be performed. Whenever there is any bad star constellation, or whenever one has bad dreams, whenever navadhanya comes kamyashradha

can be performed. Whenever shradha is performed on Anuradha, Vishaka or Swathi nakshatra on amavasya's pitruganas will get satisfied for 8 years. Similarly pushya, or ardhra or punarvasu nakshatra amavasyas shradham will satisfy for 12 years. One who wishes for happiness for pitrus danishta, purvabadra, or shathabisha nakshatra amavasyas are very favourable. It even gives happiness to devathas.

Sanatkumaras to Sagara conversation details: Vaishaka months tadige, Karthika shudhha navami, Bhadrapada krishna paksha trayodashi, Magha bahula amavasya - these are considered Ugadi's in puranas. These gives anantha punya for those who do tarpanams on these days. Similarly chandra-surya grahana kaala, Astakaa (Margashira, pushya, maagha, phalguna months krishna paksha saptami, astami, navami - these three thithi's are called ashtakaa thithi's), tithi's. uttarayana - dakshinayana are very prashastam for tithi's. On these days with purity Til mixed jalatarpana has to be given. By this one will get 1000 yrs kaamyashradha palam. If there is maghabhula amavasya with shathabisha nakshatra yogam this is most favourite time for pitrus for tarpana. These will be available only for those who have done punyam. In same kaalam if maghabahula amavasya with danishta star, the tarpana during then with rice and jalam will give 10000 years of satisfaction to

pitrus. On same day if purvabadra padaviyogam is there and one performs shradham, then pitrus will sleep with happiness for 1000 yugas. On who bathes in holy sacred rivers Ganga, Yamuna, Vipasha, Saraswathi, Naimisharanya' s gomathi and gives tarpanam all their problems will go away. Pitrus say they are satisfied from magha nakshatras bhadrapada bahula trayodashi maghanakshatra till next magha masa's bahula amavasya. Shudha chitta, shudha vitta, prashasta kaalaa, proper vidhana, yogya patrams, paramabhakthi is essential for shradhams.

Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya ||

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree--- On Mon, 8/2/10, ramamurthy tk <vijiramamurthy wrote:

ramamurthy tk <vijiramamurthyRe: clarification about ashtaka and anvashtakaandavan Date: Monday, 8 February, 2010, 8:06 AM

Dear Sir,

I shall be highly thankful if you can explain the importance of doing this astaka and anushtaka apart from other masa,amavasya, grahana and mahalaya tharpanams done during the year

Yours,

Ramamurthy

--- On Wed, 2/3/10, ramaswamy kannan <rk_1940 > wrote:

ramaswamy kannan <rk_1940 >Re: clarification about ashtaka and anvashtakaandavan@ .comWednesday, February 3, 2010, 10:06 PM

Dear Swamin, The rule for Ashtaka and anvashtaka is that they should be observed on the Krishna paksha Ashtami and Navami which comes after Thai Amavasya..This year Thai Amavasya came on the first day of Thai itself and hence the Ashtaka has come in Thai masam itself.If the Thai Amavasya comes after 6th or so of Thai, then the Ashtaka would go to Masi..Hope the clarification is ok,Regards -kannan--- On Mon, 2/1/10, Santhanam Sudarsanan <santhanam.sudarsana n wrote:

Santhanam Sudarsanan <santhanam.sudarsana nRe: clarification about ashtaka and anvashtakaandavan@ .comMonday, February 1, 2010, 2:18 PM

Dear Swamin

regards

dasan

r.narayanan

Daasan,

R.Srinivasan,

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

Dear allIt would be necessary to quote the exact Slokas and the precise contexts in support of these claims.Reproduced below are Excerpts from our Guidelines to our Contribuors.

Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.

Dasoham

Anbil Ramaswamy

=================================================================================

"5. BE PRECISE AND TO THE POINT WHILE REPLYING:It is noticed that sometimes, Scholars who offer to answer questions do not take care to meet the precise point at issue but skirt around waxing on irrelevant data, leaving the questioner no wiser after reading their explanations, than where they found themselves before posing their queries. It is requested that those who seek to educate should stick to the exact points raised when they venture to explain.Let us remember:”WISE MEN TALK BECAUSE THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY.OTHERS TALK BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING!”6. EXHORTATIONS:Similarly, simply exhorting readers to do this or not do that in AnushTaanams and observances, without providing adequate PramaaNam from authoritative scriptures underlying such instructions MIGHT BE VIEWED AS INANE PLATITUDES OR MERE RIGMAROLE OR JUST BLAH- BLAH AND ARE LIABLE TO BE DISMISSED OUTRIGHT BY THE READERS." =============================================================================

skyaasooriTo: ramanbilSubject: Fwd: Re: clarification about ashtaka and anvashtakaTue, 9 Feb 2010 08:50:30 -0800

Re: clarification about ashtaka and anvashtaka--- doosee1 m wrote:

(

Dear Sir,

I am sorry for not quoting the reference. The below mentioned information about prashamsa of shradhan is from "Vishnu Puranam" (Third amsham, 14th Adyayam, Slokas 1-20). Since mail asked for "importance" of ashtaka and anvashtaka shradas, I sent this response. I had sent this as part of complete mail about Shradham few months back, and hence while responding to the point, I forgot to mention the reference.

â€WISE MEN TALK BECAUSE THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY.OTHERS TALK BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING!â€

Any information from puranas are valuable and more so, if it deals with SriKrishna bhakthi. If we can follow it or not the information from puranas and ithihasas, and other valuable references are always eyeopener and informative.

Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya ||

Jai Shree Krishna.

Jayashree--- On Tue, 9/2/10, Ram Anbil <Ramanbil wrote:

Ram Anbil <RamanbilRE: clarification about ashtaka and anvashtakaskyaasooriCc: jayashree_n_b, andavan , ramanbil, "Madhava Kannan Vasudevan" <srivaishnavanTuesday, 9 February, 2010, 11:22 PM

Dear allIt would be necessary to quote the exact Slokas and the precise contexts in support of these claims.Reproduced below are Excerpts from our Guidelines to our Contribuors.Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.DasohamAnbil Ramaswamy============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ====== "5. BE PRECISE AND TO THE POINT WHILE REPLYING:It is noticed that sometimes, Scholars who offer to answer questions do not take care to meet the precise point at issue but skirt around waxing on irrelevant data, leaving the questioner no wiser after reading their explanations, than where they found themselves before posing their queries. It is requested that those who seek to educate should stick to the exact

points raised when they venture to explain.Let us remember:â€WISE MEN TALK BECAUSE THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY.OTHERS TALK BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING!â€6. EXHORTATIONS:Similarly, simply exhorting readers to do this or not do that in AnushTaanams and observances, without providing adequate PramaaNam from authoritative scriptures underlying such instructions MIGHT BE VIEWED AS INANE PLATITUDES OR MERE RIGMAROLE OR JUST BLAH- BLAH AND ARE LIABLE TO BE DISMISSED OUTRIGHT BY THE READERS." ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ==

skyaasoori (AT) sfly (DOT) comramanbil (AT) hotmail (DOT) comFwd: Re: clarification about ashtaka and anvashtakaTue, 9 Feb 2010 08:50:30 -0800

Re: clarification about ashtaka and anvashtaka--- doosee1 m wrote:

(