IndiaDivine.org

clarification about as-htaka and anvashtaka-sangalpam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

dear swamin, we request you to inform us the significance of observing ashtaka,anvashtaka and also inform us sangalpam to be taken on these days.dasankausthubachari--- On Wed, 2/3/10, ramaswamy kannan <rk_1940 wrote:ramaswamy kannan <rk_1940Re: clarification about ashtaka and anvashtakaandavan Date: Wednesday, February 3, 2010, 8:36 AM

Dear Swamin, The rule for Ashtaka and anvashtaka is that they should be observed on the Krishna paksha Ashtami and Navami which comes after Thai Amavasya..This year Thai Amavasya came on the first day of Thai itself and hence the Ashtaka has come in Thai masam itself.If the Thai Amavasya comes after 6th or so of Thai, then the Ashtaka would go to Masi..Hope the clarification is ok,Regards -kannan--- On Mon, 2/1/10, Santhanam Sudarsanan <santhanam.sudarsana n wrote:

Santhanam Sudarsanan <santhanam.sudarsana nRe: clarification about ashtaka and anvashtakaandavan@ .comMonday, February 1, 2010, 2:18 PM

Dear Swamin,Ashtaka and Anvashtakas are performed as per Lunar Calendar (Chandramanam) in the month of "Magha". Generally this falls in the month of "Maasi". However, this time, it falls in "Thai" itself. Hence, it is better if we follow the same as given in the "Paduka".dAsan,Sudarsanan

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 2:47 PM, narayanan ramaswamy <ramnarayanan1964@ > wrote:

Dear Swamin

I refer to my earlier mail last week about the above subject. Generally ashtaka and anvashtaka comes in Masi month and this time our paduka says in thai itself (6th and 7th of feb 2010) can u please confirm we have to do the tharpanams in feb 2010 only.

regards

with the blessings of our acharyan

dasan

r.narayanan

Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_svandavan <andavan@ .com>; ramanuja mission <>Sat, January 23, 2010 7:05:41 PM www.andavan. org- Usage Statistics [2 Attachments]

Sreemathe Rangaramanuja Mahadesikaya Namaha

As regular users of www.andavan. org, you may interested to know some statistics about the usage worldwide by our devotees.

Microsoft Front page provides the support from this angle. It is able to provide upto date statistics horly hits, daily hits,monthly hits as well as worldwide countries accessing our web site. I am attaching with this the statistics as a matter of information. From the statistics, it gives me satisfaction as the administrator of the web site, that the web site has been useful to many hundreds of users world wide on a daily basis. I am attaching the latest statistics for a particular month, October, 2009, for your information.

Daasan,

R.Srinivasan,

Administrator, www.andavan. org.

The Ashtaka and Anvashtaka are two shraddams to be performed just as Amavasya and Masapravesam,as ordained by sastram.The sankalapam same as for Amavasya- Ashtaka Shradda Pradinidhi Tila Tarpanam karishye,likewise.It is given in detail in Sri Darsana Diary- Regards -Dasan Kannan--- On Thu, 2/4/10, Kausthuban MV <itsmvk wrote:

Kausthuban MV <itsmvkRe: clarification about as-htaka and anvashtaka-sangalpamandavan Date: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 11:31 AM

dear swamin,

we request you to inform us the significance of observing ashtaka,anvashtaka and also inform us sangalpam to be taken on these days.

dasan

kausthubachari--- On Wed, 2/3/10, ramaswamy kannan <rk_1940 > wrote:

ramaswamy kannan <rk_1940 >Re: clarification about ashtaka and anvashtakaandavan@ .comWednesday, February 3, 2010, 8:36 AM

Dear Swamin, The rule for Ashtaka and anvashtaka is that they should be observed on the Krishna paksha Ashtami and Navami which comes after Thai Amavasya..This year Thai Amavasya came on the first day of Thai itself and hence the Ashtaka has come in Thai masam itself.If the Thai Amavasya comes after 6th or so of Thai, then the Ashtaka would go to Masi..Hope the clarification is ok,Regards -kannan--- On Mon, 2/1/10, Santhanam Sudarsanan <santhanam.sudarsana n wrote:

Santhanam Sudarsanan <santhanam.sudarsana nRe: clarification about ashtaka and anvashtakaandavan@ .comMonday, February 1, 2010, 2:18 PM

Dear Swamin,Ashtaka and Anvashtakas are performed as per Lunar Calendar (Chandramanam) in the month of "Magha". Generally this falls in the month of "Maasi". However, this time, it falls in "Thai" itself. Hence, it is better if we follow the same as given in the "Paduka".dAsan,Sudarsanan

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 2:47 PM, narayanan ramaswamy <ramnarayanan1964@ > wrote:

Dear Swamin

I refer to my earlier mail last week about the above subject. Generally ashtaka and anvashtaka comes in Masi month and this time our paduka says in thai itself (6th and 7th of feb 2010) can u please confirm we have to do the tharpanams in feb 2010 only.

regards

dasan

r.narayanan

Srinivasan Rangaswamy <r_svandavan <andavan@ .com>; ramanuja mission <>Sat, January 23, 2010 7:05:41 PM www.andavan. org- Usage Statistics [2 Attachments]

As regular users of www.andavan. org, you may interested to know some statistics about the usage worldwide by our devotees.

Microsoft Front page provides the support from this angle. It is able to provide upto date statistics horly hits, daily hits,monthly hits as well as worldwide countries accessing our web site. I am attaching with this the statistics as a matter of information. From the statistics, it gives me satisfaction as the administrator of the web site, that the web site has been useful to many hundreds of users world wide on a daily basis. I am attaching the latest statistics for a particular month, October, 2009, for your information.

Daasan,

R.Srinivasan,

dear swamin,

thank you very much for your kind reply.

dasan

kausthubachari--- On Thu, 2/4/10, ramaswamy kannan <rk_1940 wrote:

ramaswamy kannan <rk_1940Re: clarification about as-htaka and anvashtaka-sangalpamandavan Date: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 2:03 AM

The Ashtaka and Anvashtaka are two shraddams to be performed just as Amavasya and Masapravesam, as ordained by sastram.The sankalapam same as for Amavasya- Ashtaka Shradda Pradinidhi Tila Tarpanam karishye,likewise. It is given in detail in Sri Darsana Diary- Regards -Dasan Kannan--- On Thu, 2/4/10, Kausthuban MV <itsmvk > wrote:

Kausthuban MV <itsmvk >Re: clarification about as-htaka and anvashtaka-sangalpa mandavan@ .comThursday, February 4, 2010, 11:31 AM

dear swamin, we request you to inform us the significance of observing ashtaka,anvashtaka and also inform us sangalpam to be taken on these days.

dasan

kausthubachari--- On Wed, 2/3/10, ramaswamy kannan <rk_1940 > wrote:

ramaswamy kannan <rk_1940 >Re: clarification about ashtaka and anvashtakaandavan@ .comWednesday, February 3, 2010, 8:36 AM

Dear Swamin

regards

dasan

r.narayanan

Daasan,

R.Srinivasan,