IndiaDivine.org

East Coaster in the West

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sri Gururajo Vijayate

I had meant to write about this earlier, but the many events in India the last week occupied my mind and prevented this. After praying Sri Hari, Vayu and Gurugalu for the suffering souls and people of Gujrat, I want to narrate a recent business visit I had and the satsangha in the Silicon Valley.

After a flight from Syracuse to San Jose on Sri Gopala Dasara Aradhana day, and noting an email from Prasanna on the VMS List, I showed up at the Sunnyvale Temple fully expecting to meet unfamiliar Madhva Bandhus. Immediately upon entering the Temple however, I was greeted very warmly by none other than Gopal Krishna Varna of Detroit, who explained to me that he had now moved to California.

I was also able to meet with Sri Sathya and other Madhva Bandhus of the Silicon Valley, who practice the majestic doctrine of Srimadacharya. Later in the week, on the Ekadashi Bahajana, I ended up meeting with Prasanna and Raghavendra, all originally from Hyderabad.Thus, it was as if I was in the midst of old friends!

Several questions about the East Coast followed. How does Sri Keshava Tadipatri look? What calender program does Sri Srinivasan look at to determine Ekadashi (are there differences in the Ekadashi days between the East coast and the west due to time differences)? When is the Mettlotsava at Pittsburgh so all the Madhva Bandhus can meet. etc etc.

During the excellent Dwadashi Tirtha Prasada at Prasanna's home and then the drive and back to the Livermore Temple, the whole time was spent in discussing spiritual matters and this made the whole trip worthwhile.

Finally, when it was time to take leave and the group had just started preparing a kiru nataka on Sri Vijaya Dasara life for Sri Madhva Navami celebrations.

My request is for all members and various chapters to keep posting their activities and for travelers to check these while on travel. My visit to the valley thus was spritually and materially satisfying.

Here is wishing our Madhva Bandhus in Silicon Valley the best and praying Sri Hari Vayu and Gurugala blessings for them.

VenkateshGet your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

Namaskara,

Thanks a lot for Shri Venkatesh's appreciation and compliments. We

hope to host many more madhva visitors and in turn get satsanga for

ourselves.

As mentioned, we need to strengthen our networking by means of

regular posting and interaction. This reminds me about need for

directory of madhvas accessible to any one in any part of the country.

There was some attempt to start this sometimes back. I would like to

request all the volunteers at local chapters to bring out address

directory and put on the VMS main site. Please let me know how can I

co-ordinate this.

Shri Venkatesh has set a presidence to all others and I hope for

more such interaction in future. As a request, any madhva bhandu

travelling to other city may please try to find out other nadhva

bhandus in that place and establish contact.

If it is OK with you all, I would like to start this activity with a

request all VMS bandhus at different locations (who don't mind getting

out of town visitors) to send me their contact details

to bgkvarna . (Detroit, Allentown and Silicon valley people

need not). Please let me know if you have any other suggestion to

organise in a better way.

Namaskara

shrI Hari priyathaam

B.Gopalakrishna

Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices.

http://auctions./