IndiaDivine.org

Banquet on April 22nd-

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Vasumurthy has already sent information on BENEFIT BANQUET to AID the BLIND on April 22nd at Noor Mahal 10418 Main Street Fairfax Va 5-9pm (call 301 251 0378 for info)

AN APPEAL TO YOU ALL -- FROM VASUDEVA AND NIRMALA ACHARYA

First of all, we wish to thank you for giving the opportunity to discuss a cause that’s close to our heart. Our desire is to help those that are blind and are less fortunate; give them hope and the “Gift of Sight”. "VISION FOR THE MILLENIUM" is the mission. We all are well aware of the tremendous difference between wealth and poverty, the gap between the rich and the poor in India. Fortunately, for the poor blind, SANKARA NETHRALAYA an Eye Hospital (Chennai, India)(www.sankaranethralaya.org) with a missionary spirit in this project sees to it that the same level of high standard eye care is provided for both the richest of the rich and the poorest of the poor that need the eye care. The Inequalities that exist in life does not apply in the care provided by this eye hospital – SANKARA NETHRALAYA.

Our simple wish is that, each one of us, if we take the time to spread the information to our many friends and family, and by doing so, bring attention to this worthy cause and help the poor blind, who so desperately need our help. We are all in the midst of abundance and prosperity that we forget the misery and suffering in the other parts of the world.

Every third blind human being in this world is an Indian. For every $50.00 one less person need go blind! So many, are in such poverty that they do not seek medical care.70% of world's blindness can be cured; some are blind with curable illness and cataracts that are easily cured. SANKARA NETHRALAYA organizes buses to villages and brings the poor patients that need eye care to the hospital for treatment and treats them as in-house patients. The poor are fed and cared for in the hospital until recovery.

SANKARA NETHRALAYA brings hope and the gift of sight to those that need them. SANKARA NETHRALAYA needs your support - physical, moral. To quote a statement of a saint who had this question to ask - What is precious? “That which is given at the right time”. You may support SANKARA NETHRALAYA when it suits you, when you feel comfortable to do it. But what SANKARA NETHRALAYA requires is help now. It has been beautifully described in the scriptures:

"The rivers do not drink the water that flows through them. The trees do not eat their own fruits. The clouds do not take the rain that they bear. The wealth of the noble is for the benefit of all". The spirit of caring and sharing will take SANKARA NETHRALAYA to great heights. Words to live by:" WHAT I HAVE, I HAD

WHAT I GAVE, I HAD

WHAT I SPENT,I HAD

WHAT I LEFT, I LOST BY NOT GIVING "

Let us not lose by keeping it ourselves We are all blessed, let's take time out to pause and reflect and show our compassion and caring by sharing our blessings as an offering to God. Let us celebrate our blessings in life, by reaching out to our poor fellow human beings by giving the Gift of Sight. Realizing, there is something very special in EACH AND EVERYONE OF US, we have all been gifted to make that DIFFERNCE. Let us make that difference.

(F.Y.I)

Every third blind human being in the world is an Indian. For every $50.00 one less person need go blind! Free Eye care for the poor in India. Click on Ophthalmic Mission Trust OM TRUST) when you visit www.sankaranethralaya.org Arm us with your generosity in our battle against blindness.OM Trust 501c corporation registerd in Maryland tax-id 52-1611548 raises funds exclusively for SANKARAA NETHRALAYA to help the poor blind. Contact omtrustusa or send your tax-deductible contribution to OM TRUST 14613 Pommel Drive Rockville, MD, 20850

Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com