IndiaDivine.org

FW: Sri Ragoothma theerthara aaraadhana at A llentown, Jan. 18

Rate this topic

Guest guest

can anyone help ?

Kumaar, Krushna Thursday, January 16, 2003 12:42 PM'GV & Shobha Srinivasan'Cc: Kumaar, KrushnaRE: Sri Ragoothma theerthara aaraadhana at Allentown, Jan. 18

Thank you very much for this info.

My name is Krishna kumaar & I am from Singapore. I am of course a madhva.

Are the following things possible ? :

1. I would like to listen to the Anugraha bhasana of Sri Uttaraadhi Mutt later due to the time difference. Is it possible to store it in our web site which can be accessed later ?

2. I would like to know the mahima of Sri Ragothama Swamigalu. Are you aware of any book in English or Tamil available which can be purchased ? I do visit the Brindavan of Sri Ragothama Swamigalu at Tirukkoilur near Vizhupuram in Madras whenever possible and when I visit Madras. But I am yet to see a book on the subject.

3. Similarly are you aware of the availability Sthala Purana of Sodhe ( the place of Vadhiraja Swamigalu ) in English ? Recently in Dec 2002 I undertook a pilgrimage tour of about 8 places when I visited Sodhe and enquired about it. But unfortunately they have it in Kannada in which I am not proficient. If it is available in English, it will facilitate since my children can also read it.

4. I would also like to listen to other pravachana's that take place on the day of Jan 18th, if it could be put on web.

Thanks & Regards

GV & Shobha Srinivasan [shobha.srinivasan]Wednesday, January 15, 2003 11:28 PMPuthige swamiji; Sathsangha (E-mail); ; infoCc: RaoA; Raghu Acharya (E-mail); Raghavendra Batni (E-mail 2); Nithya Sudhakar; Nalinirao(Pittsburgh) (E-mail); Nalini Paddu (E-mail); Mohan Doss; 'Madhavachar (E-mail)'; J. V. Acharya; J. V. Acharya; GVB Moorthy; Baru,Puran; Arvind Acharya (E-mail 2); Arvind Acharya; Arakali,Ramamurthy S.; murthy1; kulkarnigv; Deepak Katte; Garakali; indiranih; g sujatha; Murali Krishna; Sangeetha Kishore Kamath; Umesh Kumar; Umesh MutturRe: Sri Ragoothma theerthara aaraadhana at Allentown, Jan. 18

Dear Sri Hari bakthas:

Here is the final program and directions for the aaraadhana. Please feel free to invite your friends / relatives who would be interested in such functions. We will also make accommodation arrangements within Allentown host families for out-of-towners who wants to stay-over on Friday and Sat. night. Please reply to shobha.srinivasan and let us know if you are planning on attending the function so that we are better prepared. Looking forward to seeing you all at the function this Saturday.

The Allentown Satsangha Group

Sri Sri Ragoothma theerthara aaraadhana at Allentown, Jan. 18th, 2003 - Program

08:00 am Devara pooja starts

11:00 am Hastodhaka to Sri Ragoothma gurugalu

11:30 am Anugraha bhaasana by Sri Uttaraadhi Mutt swamigalu, Sri Sathyaathma theertharu from India by telephone (subject to availability of phone facility since swamiji is traveling)

12:00 pm Theertha prasada (lunch)

Pravachana sesson

02:00 pm Sri Ragoothma theertharu mahima and his contributions by Sri Mudhusudam Bheemasenarao

02:30 pm Hari Sarvotthama - Sri Hunsur Sriprasad

03:00 pm Pravachana (topic to be announced) by Sri Yogindra of Sri Puthige Mutt, NJ

03:30 pm Coffee break

04:00 pm "abhinaddhAxa" (blind-folded person) based on Sri RaghUttamatIrthabhAvabodha on VishnutatvavinirNaya - Sri Kesavarao Tadipatri

04:45 pm Continuation of upanishat vaakya "eko devaha sarva bhUtEshu gUdaha .... kevalO nirguNascha" - by Sri Jayakrishna Nelamangala

05:30 pm Break for sandhya etc..

06:00 pm Children's program

07:00 pm Evening pooja & mangalaarthy with Sri Haridaasra bhajana

07:30 pm Anugraha bhaasana by Sri Puthige Mutt Swamigalu, Sri Sugunendra theertharu from India by telephone

08:00 pm Mangalam & supper

Directions:Address: GV and Shobha Srinivasan 5862 Royal Fern Road (Upper Macungie Township) Allentown, PA 18104 Tel: 610-336-5834 From South/North (I-476): ============== On 476, take exit #33 Lehigh Valley After paying toll, take 22 West Take the immediate first exit, KuhnsvilleThis exit straight puts you in Tilghman St. At the 1st light, left into Blue Barn Rd Blue Barn ends in Shantz Rd Left into Shantz Rd Immediate left into Sugarberry Sugerberry ends at Royal Fern Road Our house is at the T-jn on Royal Fern Road, facing Sugarberry. From East/West (I-78) ============= Take Exit #54 on 78 East; # 54A on 78 West to 222 South (Hamilton Blvd)

At the exit ramp, turn right for 222 South At the 4th light (5th light for those who took 78 West) turn right into Krocks Road At the 2nd STOP sign (1.2 miles), turn left into Shantz Road First right (1/2 mile) into Sugerberry Sugerberry ends at Royal Fern Road Our house is at the T-jn on Royal Fern Road, facing Sugarberry.

Sri Ragoothma theerthara aaraadhana at Allentown, Jan. 18

Dear Sri Haribakthas:

Like last year, we are celebrating Sri Sri Ragoothma theerthara aaraadhana this year on Jan. 18th, Saturday at Allentown. Though the actual punya dhina is on Jan. 14th, we are celebrating it on 18th due to the conveniences of the weekend. Please plan on attending with your friends and family. The program will consist of Devara pooja, hastodaka to Sri Ragoothma theertharu, and a short pravachana in the morning followed by theertha prasaada (lunch) around noon. In the afternoon we will have lectures / pravachanas on philosophy of Sri Madhwacharya. The program will conclude with Haridaasara bhajana, evening pooja & mangalarthy, and supper in the night. As in the past, we will make accommodation arrangements for out-of-towners. Detailed program and directions will be given few days before the aaraadhana.

daasanaagu visheshanaagu

GV Bindu Madhavan and GV Srinivasan families

nAham kartA hariH kartA tatpUjA karmachaakhilam.h|taThaapi matkR^itaa pUja tatprasaadhEna naanyaThaa|tadbhakti tadphalam.h mahyam.h tatprasaadaat.h punaH punaH |karmanyaasO harAvevam.h vishNOsthR^iptikaraH sadhA ||"I am not the doer, shri Hari is the doer, all the actions that I do are His worship. Even then, the worship I do is through His grace and not otherwise. That devotion and the fruits of the actions that come to me are due to His recurring grace" If one always practices to do actions with a dedicated spirit to Hari, in this way, it pleases Vishnu. --- Quoted by Sri madhvAchArya in GitA tAtparya --To send an empty E-mail (without subject and body info.) to - --Visit VMS at http://www.madhva.orgView the latest events in the US by selecting the 'Events' link--