IndiaDivine.org

Postings and Lists

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear KrishNa bhaktas,

I want to thank everybody for co-operating to solve the issue of multiple issues, emotional posts etc. I had closed the previous thread mainly as a cooling off period. We have now achieved that objective.

The idea was not stop the debate, but to have the debate in a cordial, dispassionate and respectful manner. Serious issues concerning pramANAs, divine aspects of yatis of mAdhva parampare, practices of the maThas, Websites of the maThas have been raised. These are all worthwhile issues to be debated. I agree that these issues must be debated and not swept under the rug. My only concern is many of these issues have deep emotional attachments to many us. I am not sure that we as individuals or as society are prepared to debate these issues dispassionately and accept where the Truth leads us. We may have to let go of many of our sacred beliefs! Let us give it a try at least and see what happens!

At the same time, I am happy to find that some people on this list want to debate these issues and accept whereever the truth leads. This I believe is essential for mAdhva and other schools to evolve in the new century. We should accept the jewels of philosophy, bhakti and great parampare we have been given, while moving away from maTha politics, squabbles and blind beliefs. There are many people in this list, who have an extra-ordinary intellect and knowledge of the shastras. Serious reasoned debate in this forum can help clear many of the cob webs and produce the nectar of right knowledge and right behavior.

I suggest the following scheme.

The main list Vishwamadhvasangha is meant for community news, postings in lesson format and small discussions. Small Q & A threads are OK, but I suggest that for detailed discussions, we use the vms-philosophy list. The main list is a general list with some people who may be nominally interested in detailed discussions mentioned above. So, I would like to have the detailed discussions in the vms-philosophy list. I know that it is hard to know in some cases, how threads will turn out, but let us use our judgement in this.

Some people have started some good discussions on the above issues in the vms-philosophy list. Please continue them and keep them in a cordial, dispassionate and respectful manner to all the parties. You can to vms-philosohy in the page at or by sending empty e-mail to vms-philosophy- .

Any feedback /suggestions on improvements on operation of the list are welcome at -owner .

Thanks for all your co-operation,

dAsanAgu, vishesha nAgu..

Namaste,

Vasu Murthy