IndiaDivine.org

VMS members, Be careful of Virus infected e-mails and List Archive Policy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear KrishNa bhaktas,

There are about dozen e-mails with attachments with subjects such as “Re: Your application”, “Thank you”, “Re: Approved”, “Re:Wicked Screen Saver”, “Your detals”

“Re: That movie”, “Re:My details” have hit this e-mail group over the last two days. It looks like people who produce these viruses have been really active this summer. All these e-mails are infected viruses. I have deleted the e-mails from the list archives. Please have an updated Anti-Virus program on your computer (PC) and scan all e-mail with it. Unfortunately, there is not much I can do from an list administrator perspective. Do not open suspicious e-mails. The e-mails with above subjects look out of place in this list any way. I am glad that I have a Macintosh computer !

Along the same lines, the administrators have announced a change in policy with e-mail attachments. Starting tomorrow, e-mail attachments will not be stored in the list archives. will go and delete any attachments found in previously archived e-mails. Only way to share files will be to upload them to the files section in the . We don’t use attachments a lot in this group, but it is going to affect the list usage. E-mails can still be sent with attachments. Members who have d to the individual messages will see them. Those who have d to “Digest mode” and who look at messages in archives, will not find the attachments.

Sri KrishNAya namaH,

Vasu Murthy