IndiaDivine.org

New reprint of a book on mAdhva philosophy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear KrishNa bhaktas,

It gives me great pleasure to announce the new reprint of a book on mAdhva philosophy that should be on the book shelf of all

the people interested in mAdhva philosophy. The book is called “Outlines of the Philosophy of sri madhvAcharya” by Late Sri B.A. KrishNaswamy Rao. The author was a

professor of Physics at Mysore University. He studied shastras under Sri Agnihotri Yagna viTTalAcharya and studied along side sri Satya Pramoda theertharu of Sri UttarAdhi maTha. He has written extensively on both Physics and Philosophy. He has authored several books on Physics and written several papers and books on mAdhva philosophy. Swetadweepa Publications has republished the book with improved printing. Sri PS Waiker has edited the book to improve readability and added diacritical marks on Sanskrit words. The author was also the father of Sri Gopi Boray who is a prominent VMS member in the Washington area.

The book presents the mAdhva philsophy in an easy to understand style. The tough philosophical concepts are explained in a very lucid and easy to understand style. The book introduces main philosophical concepts of madhva philosophy starting with Epistemology or theory of knowledge in mAdhva philosophy. Then the book goes on into the description of pramANas, concept of sAkshi, Time and vishNu sarvottamatva in mAdhva philsophy. The concept of Realism, concept of differences and description of various metaphysical categories are presented next. The book ends with the description of the concept of moksha in mAdhva philosophy. The book covers the treatment of many of these concepts in other schools to draw comparison between those schools and mAdhva philsophy.

The book clarified many of the tough philosophical concepts for me and deepened the understaning of these concepts. I highly recommend the book to all students of mAdhva philosophy.

VMS Chapter in Washington area is arranging a function to mark the release of the reprint of the book on December 14th in the Sri Siva VishNu Temple in Lanham, MD. Details of the function are given in the attached flyer. Members who receive the posts in the digest mode will not receive the attachment. I will upload to the flyer to files section in the site for the benefit of those members who received posts in the digest mode. Books can be purchased through Sri Gopi Boray. Details are in the flyer.

Madhva rAyara nenedu parishuddha rAgiro..,

Vasu Murthy