IndiaDivine.org

Appeal for help for publishing a book on sumadhva vijaya in English

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear HaribhakthAs,

Most of you should be aware of Sri. Srimushnam. V. Nagarajachar, who has been rendering yeoman service to the Madhva community, in general, and the people at

Tamilnadu, in particular, for the past decades. He is a senior member of the SMSO

sabha (Sri Madhva Siddhanta Onnahini Sabha) based at Tiruchanur, Tirupathi and the managing editor of "Sri Madhwa Siddhanta," a monthly magazine published by the Sabha.

A couple of years ago, he commenced a new monthly magazine called "Sri Sudha" with the blessings of Paramapujya Sri Satyatma tirtha Sripadangalavaru, who is also the founder of the magazine. The purpose of the magazine is to carry the message of Madhva siddhanta to the general madhva household in Tamilnadu that does not have

the proper Sanskrit and Kannada background to appreciate and observe a way of life that Sri Madhavacharya's has enunciated.

In addition, Sri. Nagarajachar has also been conducting a summer gurukulam camp to teach all the practical aspects related to the anushtana or acharane of madhva siddanta for the past twent years. Starting from the basic sandhyavandana, this camp has been teaching advanced topics leading to pourohitya.  It has been a free camp and run entirely on donations. An article on the gurukula appeared in "The Hindu" daily last year.

When I met him last year, he showed me a book that he edited and published in 1968. It was a collection of articles in English by leading stalwarts of the day on Sri Sumadhva Vijaya. He expressed an interest that this book be reprinted, not only to save it for posterity but also due to the fact that it would be of immense benefit to the english educated present generation (as me). 

I have scanned all the relevant documents (except for the last one that I don't have with me personally now) for the benefit of members of this forum. For people like us, this is a good oppurtunity to take part in rendering seva of any form on any of the above issues and contribute in any manner toward the continuation of these satkaryas, and in the process avail bhagawath prasada.. 

I earnestly and humbly request that contents of this message be communicated to interested people here and back in India. People interested in any of these activities and would like to participate in them can contact Sri.Ragothaman (Sri. Nagarajachar's son at Madras) to whom this e-mail has been copied, or me at srgmsr.

PS: I am leaving to India on 4th of May.

dAsAnu dAsa

sridhar

Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25¢

Guest guest

It seems that attachments that came along with the e-mail did not make it to the list..Please find them along with this e-mail..sridharh hari <srgmsr wrote:

Dear HaribhakthAs,

dAsAnu dAsa

sridhar

Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25¢