IndiaDivine.org

Fw: [satsangha_east] Sankarshana Wodeyaru Aradhane

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Forwarding a message from Sri Ravindra Rao- Ravi Rao Saturday, November 20, 2004 2:54 AM[satsangha_east] Re: Sankarshana Wodeyaru AradhaneDear Haribhakthas,Please find below the invitation for Sri Sankarshana Wodeyaru's Aradhane that I recieved from my brother Raghavendra in Bangalore. As some of you are aware, my family for atleast 3 generations in Karapoondi, have been part of the group of families who have maintained the Brindavana and the Anjaneya temple in the village. To the best of my knowledge, till the end second world war, it was a in a good shape. Due to paucity of funds, it fell into disrepair after 1950. My father after my mother's demise moved back to our village Karapoondi in 1978 and for the next 22 years maintained the Brindavana and the temple with the help of generous support of devotees, proceeds from the 30 acre farm products and his pension funds. Appointed a new priest and ensured the observance of daily and special sevas. Some of the upgrades were:1. A house was built in memory of my mother and donated to a brahmin family.2. The couryard in front of Brindavana was repaired in 1979-80.3. After my father's demise my civil engineer brother Raghavendra has renovated the Anjaneya temple at a cost of Rs.50,000, again from my father's pension funds savings.4. Due lack of rains for three years in a row the wells dried up. Bore wells have been installed including one in the Brindavana compound itself. A pump is needed to make it functional. This will enable them to cook and serve the Alankara pankthi in the premises itself instead of in the nearby Chatra. 5. After the aradhane, the last of his savings will be used to construct the roof for the couryard in front of the Brindavana.6. Interest from the Fixed deposit Savings have been used for salary and maintenence. However the interest rate has dropped from 15 to 8%, making the coming years challenging. Needless to say they will welcome any donations.You may kindly give me your humble contributions in Shri Sriprasad's home on Sunday or mail it to 1204 Quail Ridge Drive Plainsboro NJ 08536. I will be handing them over to my brother, when I visiting Bangalore and Mysore next week. If you desire, please include the details of Gothra etc. I will ensure that the archane is done in the names and prasada reaches you. My sincere apologies for the long preamble.Namaskaragalu,RavindraSadhaa Enna hridayadhalli Vaasa maado Shri Hare!!! The 142nd Aradhana of Sri Sri Sankarshana Wodeyaru, the famouscommentator of Harikathmrithasara who entered Brindavana at Karapoondion Margasirsha SUDDHA PANCHAMI in 1862, will be celebrated on Friday16-12-2004 at KARAPOONDI village on the bank of the river Cheyyar 3KMs EAST OF POLUR ,TIRUVANNAMALAI DISTRICT. . Wednesday 15-12-2004 Poorvaradhana Thursday 16-12-2004 Aradhana Friday 17-12-2004 Uttararadhana. The Aradhana will be celebrated with Abhisheka, Archana, Bhajanand Thirthaprasadam on all the three days.Devotees are requested to attend the Aradhana, contribute theirmite, make the function a grand success and seek the blessings of HisHoliness Sri Sri Sankarshana Wodeyaru. V.S. Rajamani Rao H. Srinivasa Sarma N.L. Thirumal RaoPresident, Vice President SecretaryLand lord & Ex.V. M.Murugapadi. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS:K. ADHINARAYANAN, ChennaiS. NAGARAJAN, Nellore.R. SUBBA RAO, Kanchipuram.RAGHAVENDRA. U.P. Rao Bangalore. C.K.V. SANKARSHANA RAO, Bangalore.H. RAMAKRISHNA RAO, Vellore.Donation may kindly be sent either by M.O. or D.D. in favour of SRISRI SANKARSHNA WODEYARU MOOLABRINDAVANA SEVA SAMITHI payable at lOB I SBI/IB, POLUR - 606803 to be following address.IN. L. THIRUMAL RAO, Secretary,# 6/38, Bank Nagar'3rd Street, Thiru Nagar Extn.,VELLORE - 632 006.