IndiaDivine.org

RE: Disappearance of Shri MAdhva -Pusphavristi episode.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

NamaskAra,

I too heard as follows: " Shri Acharya Madhva did notdisappear on that day when devathas offered pusphavristi on Shri Acharya whiledoing pravachana. Shri Madhva Vijaya does not mention about disappearance ofShri Acharya. But somehow that interpretation came later on. In his teekato Shri Madhva Vijaya,( I am not sure about the name of that : maybe Bhavaprakashika) Shri Narayana Pandithacharya himself states that peoplesaw garland of Tulasi in Shri Acharya's neck after the pusphavristi. Thisgarland had come from Devaloka along with the pusphavristi".

But this part of the teeka is not referred by many andit is general belief that Shri Acharya Madhva disappeared on the same day amidpusphavristi.

I request the seniors to clarify.

namaskAra

B.GopalakrishnaRe: regarding the birth details of madhvacharya

Did Madhvacharya reallydisappear??...Have heard in one of the pravachanas, that Madhvacharya didnot disappear while doing pravachana. Seems that it’s mentioned inSumadhvavijaya that there was pushpavristi by devatas on Madhvacharya while hewas doing Pravachana (he did not disappear there) but one final day, Acharyaleft for Badri and never came back. Seems that Madhvacharya disappearing whiledoing pravachana was an interpolation.

I believe in what the scholar or thepravachanakara said because he does a lot of research, refers to manyauthentic and old texts before making such statements.

ThanksLakshmi

****************************************************************************************

Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and thus protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.

****************************************************************************************