IndiaDivine.org

RE: Dept. of Madhva Philosophy in Madras University

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Srinivasa!

I am surprised to see the response and not sure why weneed to think that our philosophy creates a lot of friction in thesociety.

Hope you might have read about Shri Sugunedra Theertaswamiji's recent speech in Texas saying that "difference is natural, true andeternal".

We need to be proud that our's is the only philosophymentioning the true facts which is very much evident in everyone's life andexperience.

I think we are not able to explain our philosophy inproper words / terms to others. Most of the time we start telling what is thedifference between Dvaitha and Advaitha and deviate from explaining the essenceof Dvaitha. For many of us, we really do not know what is Shri Acharya's specialcontribution to world and how Dvaitha is applicable to real life. Probably somescholars has to come up with a book explaining these things in better wordsunderstandable by common people.

namaskAra

B.Gopalakrishna

[ ] On Behalf Of BheemasenaRao.YFriday, October 21, 2005 10:08 AMVarna,Gopalakrishna ; Subject: Re: FW: Dept. of Madhva Philosophy in MadrasUniversity

Hi,

Thats a good try. But I feel that our philosophy creates lot offriction in the society if it comes to public and there are chances thatpeople may opt advaitha if they come to know our philosophy.

Because at this present in the society who will accept the jeeva-jeevabhedha, thamo yogyatha , mukti yogyatha,andhAnThamas and NityaSamsarigalu...concepts which are facts and straight ward which no one accepts.Infact Advaitha AKA MayaVada is really attracting and facinating for thesocity. Thats why they follow and let them follow who cares.

I am sorry its just my personal opinion.No comments please.

||Sri Hari||

Bheemasena Rao.Y

"Gopalakrishna.Varna"<gopalakrishna.varna wrote:

-----OriginalMessage-----Dhyana_Sandhya On Behalf Of S. VenkateshBhat[bhats]NamaskaraA friend of mine and adevout Madhva, Sri K. Raghupathi Rao of Chennai (formerly Asst. Manager,Dasaprakash Hotel, Chennai and also in charge of Akhila Bharata MadhvaMahamandal, Chennai) wanted the following appeal posted on the net for theinformation of all devout Madhvas.Sri Raghupathi Rao had been tryingfor the last couple of decades to establish a Department of Madhva Philosophyin the University of Madras so that Madhva Siddhantha is propagatedacademically and gets official recognition in all academic circles andgatherings. He felt this was vital as believers of other Siddhanthas hadmanaged to set up departments to propagate their views. Particularly strong isthe Advaita school with heads of most Philos! ophy departments in universitiesacross the country being Advaitins and Vedanta being equated only withAdvaita.The major hitch is the lack of enthusiasm in Madhva circles tothis proposal and the consequent lack of funds. In the 80s and early 90s, theUniversity of Madras had sought a deposit of Rs. 50 lakhs for starting thedepartment.Madhvas, including peethadipathis, scholars, the rich, themiddle class, are not willing to spend money on the cause. Many of them feel adepartment is not necessary. Sri RAghupathi Rao feels a department isnecessary because products of university education sert the pace of thinkingamong their fellowmen in the context of modern knowledge.SriRAghupathi Rao had petitioned the University of Madras in the pursuit of hiscause. The University had informed the DEputy SEcretary to Govt., EducationDept., Tamilnadu, that the University has no funds but will take all effortsto establish and run the department if philanthropists creat! e anendowment.Sri Raghupathi Rao wants those interested in the cause tocome together and try to do the needful. They can also post this informationon other websites.For more information, please write to Sri K.RAghupathi Rao, Room No.70, Hotel Dasaprakash, Poonamallee High Road, Chennai600084.Madras University's Department of Philosophy is a stronghold ofAdvaitins. I remember Dr. B.N.K. Sharma, the great Madhva philosopher and thefirst to present in lucid English all the tenets of Madhva philosophy, oncerecalling his student days in the University of Madras and how he had toovercome prejudices against Madhva students.VenkateshBhat****************************************************************************************Note: If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee oragent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, youare hereby notified that any disseminati! on, distribution or copying of thiscommunication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communicationin error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deletingit from your computer. Thankyou.****************************************************************************************

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click. ****************************************************************************************

Note: If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.

****************************************************************************************

Dear Hari Bhakthas,

I feel many valuable lectures/shastrapatas & discourses on Madhwa Radio will help if any one sincerely trys to change knowing the value of Sri Madhwa Siddhanta.

Also I came across a few lectures of Sri Bannanje Govindacharya & that may be available on CD's will also help.

It is only left for us to pick up and adopt in practical life.

Hare Srinivasa,

Prasanna"Gopalakrishna.Varna" <gopalakrishna.varna wrote:

Hare Srinivasa!

I am surprised to see the response and not sure why we need to think that our philosophy creates a lot of friction in the society.

Hope you might have read about Shri Sugunedra Theerta swamiji's recent speech in Texas saying that "difference is natural, true and eternal".

We need to be proud that our's is the only philosophy mentioning the true facts which is very much evident in everyone's life and experience.

I think we are not able to explain our philosophy in proper words / terms to others. Most of the time we start telling what is the difference between Dvaitha and Advaitha and deviate from explaining the essence of Dvaitha. For many of us, we really do not know what is Shri Acharya's special contribution to world and how Dvaitha is applicable to real life. Probably some scholars has to come up with a book explaining these things in better words understandable by common people.

namaskAra

B.Gopalakrishna

On Behalf Of Bheemasena Rao.YFriday, October 21, 2005 10:08 AMVarna, Gopalakrishna ; Subject: Re: FW: Dept. of Madhva Philosophy in Madras University

Hi,

Thats a good try. But I feel that our philosophy creates lot of friction in the society if it comes to public and there are chances that people may opt advaitha if they come to know our philosophy.

Because at this present in the society who will accept the jeeva-jeeva bhedha, thamo yogyatha , mukti yogyatha,andhAnThamas and Nitya Samsarigalu...concepts which are facts and straight ward which no one accepts. Infact Advaitha AKA MayaVada is really attracting and facinating for the socity. Thats why they follow and let them follow who cares.

I am sorry its just my personal opinion.No comments please.

||Sri Hari||

Bheemasena Rao.Y

"Gopalakrishna.Varna" <gopalakrishna.varna wrote:

Dhyana_Sandhya On Behalf Of S. Venkatesh Bhat[bhats]NamaskaraA friend of mine and a devout Madhva, Sri K. Raghupathi Rao of Chennai (formerly Asst. Manager, Dasaprakash Hotel, Chennai and also in charge of Akhila Bharata Madhva Mahamandal, Chennai) wanted the following appeal posted on the net for the information of all devout Madhvas.Sri Raghupathi Rao had been trying for the last couple of decades to establish a Department of Madhva Philosophy in the University of Madras so that Madhva Siddhantha is propagated academically and gets official recognition in all academic circles and gatherings. He felt this was vital as believers of other Siddhanthas had managed to set up departments to propagate their views. Particularly strong is the Advaita school with heads of most Philos! ophy

departments in universities across the country being Advaitins and Vedanta being equated only with Advaita.The major hitch is the lack of enthusiasm in Madhva circles to this proposal and the consequent lack of funds. In the 80s and early 90s, the University of Madras had sought a deposit of Rs. 50 lakhs for starting the department.Madhvas, including peethadipathis, scholars, the rich, the middle class, are not willing to spend money on the cause. Many of them feel a department is not necessary. Sri RAghupathi Rao feels a department is necessary because products of university education sert the pace of thinking among their fellowmen in the context of modern knowledge.Sri RAghupathi Rao had petitioned the University of Madras in the pursuit of his cause. The University had informed the DEputy SEcretary to Govt., Education Dept., Tamilnadu, that the University has no funds but will take all efforts to establish and run the department if philanthropists creat! e an

endowment.Sri Raghupathi Rao wants those interested in the cause to come together and try to do the needful. They can also post this information on other websites.For more information, please write to Sri K. RAghupathi Rao, Room No.70, Hotel Dasaprakash, Poonamallee High Road, Chennai 600084.Madras University's Department of Philosophy is a stronghold of Advaitins. I remember Dr. B.N.K. Sharma, the great Madhva philosopher and the first to present in lucid English all the tenets of Madhva philosophy, once recalling his student days in the University of Madras and how he had to overcome prejudices against Madhva students.Venkatesh Bhat****************************************************************************************Note: If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disseminati! on,

distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.****************************************************************************************

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

****************************************************************************************Note: If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you. ****************************************************************************************

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.